For PC gamers

7,322 replies to this topic
Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm going to ask a little random question here and see if anyone can offer me any assistance.

I've wanted to play Skyrim again quite recently (after a rather long six month break period from the game) so I went through the process of the reinstalling the game and what have you, then I decided I'd like to play with some modifications, now I'm wondering if anyone could help me here.

You see it's been a while since I've used the Skyrim Script Extender or as it's more commonly known SKSE. I seem to remember SKSE's instillation being extremely simple as I just had to use WinRAR to extract the base archive off of the website and then copy the SKSE files from the folder into my Skyrim folder.

However, since Skyrim's 1.6 update (I haven't played the game since before this update) the guys who made SKSE had to change a few things around, since SKSE's not working as it used to I'm forced to ask if any of you could either give some advice or point me to a video or a person that could with installing this newer version of the script extender.

Thanks for your time smile.gif .

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 06:03)
I'm going to ask a little random question here and see if anyone can offer me any assistance.

I've wanted to play Skyrim again quite recently (after a rather long six month break period from the game) so I went through the process of the reinstalling the game and what have you, then I decided I'd like to play with some modifications, now I'm wondering if anyone could help me here.

You see it's been a while since I've used the Skyrim Script Extender or as it's more commonly known SKSE. I seem to remember SKSE's instillation being extremely simple as I just had to use WinRAR to extract the base archive off of the website and then copy the SKSE files from the folder into my Skyrim folder.

However, since Skyrim's 1.6 update (I haven't played the game since before this update) the guys who made SKSE had to change a few things around, since SKSE's not working as it used to I'm forced to ask if any of you could either give some advice or point me to a video or a person that could with installing this newer version of the script extender.

Thanks for your time smile.gif .

Here you go. smile.gif

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Alright guys, got some questions here.

I'm gonna do some data transfer tomorrow from my laptop to my new PC. Now when I transfer Steam games for example, do I just copy the folders in the 'steamapps' folder or is there more to it, and do I have to transfer the save files too or is that stored in the server already? Same thing with Origin, which folders do I copy so I won't bother downloading them all again.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Phew, I hardly use Steam so I have no idea about the limitations of it (though there are A LOT).

My best guess would be that you actually have to re-download everything on your laptop to be able to play it.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by Hvitdverg, 16 April 2013 - 01:00 PM.

I can't wait for Battlefield 4!
Hopefully they will add more weapon customization this time around, though they previously had planned to make it more deep and advanced. This was scrapped due to console limitation...

@ Players that are heavily involved in competitive multiplayer will definitely notice the difference. Everyone else, not so much.

You are damn right.

Are there still many BF3 players around?

I had to sell my desktop last year, due to an injury!
It's well healed now, and I'm thinking about buying a new one!

Any tips?

I had a GTX 580, 8 GB ram, i7, something something last time.
Perfectly ran all my games on ultra

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hvitdverg: Sounds good to me. I'd get something like a 680 though. Or a 780 if you have the patience.

Finally ordered my GTX 670. Took me a lot to part with that amount of money. But it'll be worth it in the long run. Can't wait to chuck out the ol' GTX 460.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'll be ordering an HD7950 in July and overclocking the sh*t out of it. The thing can surpass stock GTX 680 specs at the default fan speeds, it OCs amazingly well.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, I got the Gigabyte Windforce 670 with the three huge fans. Going to try overclock it. Meant to be amazingly silent too, just have to hope it fits snugly into my case.

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:02)
Yeah, I got the Gigabyte Windforce 670 with the three huge fans. Going to try overclock it. Meant to be amazingly silent too, just have to hope it fits snugly into my case.

I have that card, unfortunately I managed to 'break' it by overclocking it too high and now the draw distance is messed up, so be careful overclocking it tounge.gif Otherwise it's very quiet and very, very cool. So I would say it's a good card, just not when I'm overclocking it.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

How does it play, max settings? tounge.gif What are the frame rates like? What did you overclock it to, did you change the voltage by any chance?

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:15)
How does it play, max settings? tounge.gif What are the frame rates like? What did you overclock it to, did you change the voltage by any chance?

Frame rates are very good, runs Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 smoothly (60 FPS) on max or near max settings. As for the overclocking, I had no idea what I was doing and kept putting it to like +200MHz, so likes 1300MHz+, which it obviously could not handle because it kept crashing when I ran Unigine Heaven and I thought it was working so I kept going higher. Voltage is also locked to 1.175v, but you can flash it with a ROM (I think that's what it's called) and unlock the voltage to make it higher.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Awesome, that's what I bought it for. From the reviews I've read ~1300mhz is the most stable clock they've gotten. Usually when you increase voltage that's what damages the card. It's somewhat different to old cards also with the GPU boost thing they have now. Going to do some more research into overclocking it before I try anything. Just DYING to load up BF3 and ARMA 3 when I get this thing.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Project Zomboid 2,9 is FINALLY OUT.

After 1 year of no updates we finally get a big update on the way, now looking forward to it actually being stable and most things working.

Played it for a while but with the amount of bugs it's not really enjoyable yet.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

One thing worth noting on that GTX 670 is that I'm pretty sure your warranty with Nvidia will be void if you manage to get past the voltage lock. Personally, that's why I stick with AMD - last time I looked at reviews on Newegg, a representative from AMD was actually giving someone advice on how to increase their voltage for a better overclock. That's the kind of thing that gives me a lot of confidence in their service.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Pretty new to actual PC gaming, apart from The Sims and MTA years and years ago I've never had one capable (thanks to advice from people here). Finally built myself one and just replaced most of my PS3 games with their PC counterpart. Not regretting this at all. So much better.

Been playing BF3 on ultra, running a GTX660 and i5 3570k and it's making me wonder why I ever enjoyed the PS3 version. Currently looking for more people to play with on Steam, so hit me up, Alk15

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Does anyone know how to fix the slow down bug on Hotline Miami?
I'll be playing for about 5-10 minutes when the game begins to slow down drastically. It ends up at like 1/10th of the original speed and looks like I'm playing in slow motion.

Apparently it's a widespread problem but I haven't been able to find any solutions for it.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Got the GTX 670, absolutely love it! No better feeling then when I threw everything to ultra on Far Cry 3 and it didn't break a sweat.

The size of it though, it's an absolute beast! Few pics i took of it.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Tidy insides you got there, Whiskey.

I wasn't sure where to share this so I'll share it here since it is PC related. I came across it today(not sure how old it is). I'm going to post it without any text to explain - so I hope ya'll get it.

user posted image

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

And today another TF2 update full of hats is released

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (BnB @ Friday, May 17 2013, 16:38)

And they aren't even good hats. They're just sh*tty reskins of pre-existing hats.

Thanks, Valve.

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by BnB, 17 May 2013 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE (Pat @ Friday, May 17 2013, 23:42)

And they aren't even good hats. They're just sh*tty reskins of pre-existing hats.

Thanks, Valve.

Yep "robot themes of previously existing hats".

Warpiggzz
  • Warpiggzz

Mind Of Noir

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hi guy's i need help asap all comments are welcome but anyway i am a first timer on the gaming computer scene (ERMAGERD HE'S N00B) Yeaa ... anyway i have a budget of 600 On this computer i have a link to one i was already looking at although im not sure whether it is good or not so Here it is. Anyway IF you's guy's had the time maybe you could give me some reccomendation's? Anyway great appreciation for the help guy's!! colgate.gif

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

For 600 you could get a bit more if you built the PC yourself. It's not hard building a computer. I'd head over to the Tech section and look in the pinned thread for builds. Members will happily make a list of components if there are none currently that meet your needs.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Oi! Rising Storm is out in a beta version. Goes for ten eurobucks at the mo. It's Red Orchestra 2, but faster and with Japs and Murrikans. Plus, it has flamethrowers!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Friday, May 17 2013, 22:42)

Thanks, Valve.

Oh no, a free update to a game that's years old, damn it Valve! Us Gamers don't want this stuff, take a look at EA and Activision, that's how we like to be treated!

tounge.gif Sorry, just the notion that you're bitching about a free update only containing hats, when really it's still amazing the game even gets updated, it's well into it's sixth year now!

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 08:53)
Oi! Rising Storm is out in a beta version. Goes for ten eurobucks at the mo. It's Red Orchestra 2, but faster and with Japs and Murrikans. Plus, it has flamethrowers!

Give me that sh*t. Payday on Friday, going to pick that sh*t up.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Picked up Borderlands 2 for a tenner off Steam, as it appears my GPU ended up only coming with Assassins Creed 3, which is boring.

Holy f*ck, how had I not played this game before? Firefly meets Mad Max on the set of John Carpenter's The Thing = run'n'gun perfection.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by trip, 19 May 2013 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 14:32)
Holy f*ck, how had I not played this game before? Firefly meets Mad Max on the set of John Carpenter's The Thing = run'n'gun perfection.

Thanks.

I keep seeing it on steam but just can't commit. Now I think I have to.

edit:
Tenner? Must be exchange rate or something 'cos I just paid $13. 66% off retail is still a hell of a deal. I needed something to play on this rig other then replaying Bioshock I and IV.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 19:51)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 14:32)

Thanks.

I keep seeing it on steam but just can't commit. Now I think I have to.

edit:
Tenner? Must be exchange rate or something 'cos I just paid $13. 66% off retail is still a hell of a deal. I needed something to play on this rig other then replaying Bioshock I and IV.

Think it was 10.39 or something like that in the UK.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I just beat Last Light and Jesus titty-f*cking Christ was that the worst ending in awhile. For a game that was so god damned good the ending was absolute garbage. I am genuinely pissed off at how bad that was. Such sh*tty throwaway storytelling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users