» «
Photo

For PC gamers

7,322 replies to this topic
mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:55 AM Edited by mkey82, 19 August 2010 - 09:35 AM.

This thread is meant to have only one purpose and that is to offer PC gamers from the PC thread in GTA IV section of this forum some place to have a discussion or two, occasional bitch and moan or a rant.

DISCLAIMER

Pretty please, if you are not a PC gamer (and/or a mod smile.gif ) stay clear off this thread. You haven't been invited and we don't want you. We do not want to pick a fight. If you like console gaming that's OK. If you think your console is more capable then any PC that is OK, also. If you think PC gaming is dead and should burn in flames for an eternity, fine by me. Leave now, please.

A note for all the others. We will probably be allowed a small amount of off topic, but don't push it too far. It would be nice if this thread doesn't get locked. So mods please, leave us be, we have nowhere to go... cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif .... no, seriously biggrin.gif .

This is the first thread started by me and I hope it will prove be of some use for PC gamers on this forum. Let some PC gaming discussions start!

Allow me to present the "official" PC gaming wall of shame
user posted image

A less compact, but more up to date version, with more details here

PC gaming wall of shame

TROLLS REMOVED UP TO DATE: 1
----------
bumster
  • David. likes this

dvs_angel
  • dvs_angel

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:25 AM

I would so join ya, but I've got exams. suicidal.gif I'll be back in a few days, if this thread hasn't been locked by then.

Also, are you telling mods to clear off? confused.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (dvs_angel @ Jun 16 2008, 10:25)

Of course not. I said If you are NOT a PC gamer OR a mod stay clear. A simple and or statement, really biggrin.gif

I wish you all the luck on your exams. Although who needs luck when you poses knowledge, right?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

Excellent thread, I hope we stay clear of the fanboys. icon14.gif The GTA IV one got out of hand (and yes, I did contribute to that) and I still feel that it needs to be locked. We've basically got nothing other than trashing R* and useless MAFIA TWO IS TEH PWN (and yes, I did contribute to that too, not that it isn't true, R* does suck, but I do like GTA). Hope this won't derail. Two thumbs up. icon14.gif icon14.gif

dvs_angel
  • dvs_angel

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 16 2008, 18:46)
I wish you all the luck on your exams. Although who needs luck when you poses knowledge, right?

Thanks, I'm gonna need it. cry.gif

Anyway, to get this thread going, I'm gonna quote CharmingCharlie's fantastic post in the GTA IV PC thread that includes some great PC exclusives coming this year. It's a bit long, but well worth the read (which is pretty much the norm with his posts anyway tounge2.gif ).

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 16 2008, 09:33)
QUOTE (nicotin3 @ Jun 15 2008, 23:09)
Give me 5 high quality 2008 PC exclusives?

I was gonna stay away from this thread since it seems to have descended into disarray. However try as I might I couldn't let this post go, it really bugged me. I was going to list all the PC exclusives but realised it would take too long. So how about this, you want 5 high quality 2008 PC exclusives do you ? Tell you what I will do, I will give you five high quality releases in all the categories that exist on the PC:-

Strategy games

2008 will see a total of 34 strategy games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

XIII Century: Death or Glory
Starcraft 2
Empire Total War
Spore
Worldshift.

Adventure Games

2008 will see a total of 44 adventure games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

Penumbra: Black Plague
Sam and Max Season Episodes
Vampyre Story
Still Life 2
Simon the Sorceror 4

RPG's

2008 will see a total of 28 RPG games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

Pirates of the burning sea
Dragon age
Seeker
Guild Wars 2
Star Trek Online

Puzzle Games

2008 will see a total of 20 Puzzle games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

Audiosurf
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Subversion
Trials 2 - second edition
Democracy 2

Action

2008 will see a total of 41 action games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

Savage II: Tortured Soul
S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Clear Sky
Enemy In sight
Ground Branch
Battlefield Heroes
Quake Live

Simulations

2008 will see a total of 15 simulation games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

Infinity: The Quest for earth
Jumpgate Evolution
Storm of war: Battle of Britain
Fighter Ops
Universe Online

Racing

2008 will see a total of 7 racing games EXCLUSIVE to the PC, the top five high quality ones will be :-

Live for speed S
Turismo Carretera
MOTORM4X
First Racing
GTR Evolution

Now you can ignore all them and just consider that we will be getting 99% of all 360 games on the PC. We may have to wait a few months longer but we will be rewarded with better framerates, higher resolutions and generally a better game. If you want proof just look at Mass Effect a game that is much much better with the control and hardware that a PC has. Infact the only two games I know that are not currently scheduled to come out on the PC are GTA 4 and Force unleashed, both are down to short sightedness of their management but then it is their loss.

Source :- http://adrianwerner..../games-of-2008/

Maybe there are a few games to look forward to in the future but in the meantime my GTX is getting ancient and compared to older generations of HW i feel like i wont get my money worth, somehow i dont see this situation changing anytime soon, the industry isnt delivering anymore.

Well I am sorry you feel that way. There are currently 300 games slated for release this year on the PC, well over 100 of them are EXCLUSIVE to the PC (please show me 100 console exclusive games). I mean come on here what more can the PC format do to make you feel you are getting "value for money". Naturally you never hear about all these pc games because the media are too busy sucking up to Sony and MS, that does not change the fact that even if only 10% of the games in 2008 are worth your money that is still 30 games.

If i go back years ago i would never imagine i would have this sweet machine and no decent games to run on it, well there are many decent games to play but they are all very old mad.gif .

I have been in this game for 20 odd years and personally I don't think we have ever had it so good. This time of the year is generally depressed gaming wise but there are plenty of games coming and unlike console users we will be able to have TRUE HD graphics, PROPER control and DECENT framerates.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (dvs_angel @ Jun 16 2008, 13:00)
Thanks, I'm gonna need it. cry.gif

Yeah, keep hanging here and you are definitely gonna need it cool.gif .

I just wanted to share my curiosity I had the other day playing Mafia. Again. I wonder will our Czech friends go for a Mafia II the Mafia sequel or are they aiming for a sandbox game? I think we could answer this question ourselves, if we had some info. Like:

1) Is there going to be some money system in game (gaining money through "story mode" and spending it on various crap)?
2) Will it be possible to collect and "store" weapons and ammo?
3) Will it be possible to actually GO on a mission, or it will just start like if we were in a movie?
4) Will there actually be any "modes"? We don't need/want story and free ride and whatnot. I want all that packed into one exhilarating mode called Mafia II biggrin.gif . To much to ask? I think not, when Mafia was made they raised the bar, it's their own fault.

It would be nice if we had some freedom. If not a lot of things to do, then at least the possibility to (for example) visit safe houses to save game, get some (better) weapons, take a walk around the town. Some stuff do do in between missions. Nonlinear mission sequences would also be nice, to be able to choose a path (maybe even the story outcome). In Mafia there are some nice examples where Tommy decided for himself, but that choice could be left for us to handle. Who to kill, who to help. Of course, if they do implement something like this, they should do it properly, not just for credit.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

Can anyone recommend a good gaming laptop that costs under 1250?

SmellyJelly
  • SmellyJelly

Hoodies

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

So what PC games are you guys looking forward to?

The game I'm following the most is Arma 2. The first one had a low budget, yet it's still fun, but this one looks awesome.

http://www.bistudio....za/vegetace.jpg

Hopefully the developers have the money to finish it this time. tounge.gif

Dead Island also looks really good. Since I don't have an Xbox360 to play Dead Rising, this is a good alternative. It seems like a mix of Farcry and Condemned with zombies.

Here are the only videos I could find, though they're old:

Then there's Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason. This game used to be really unknown, but I guess something happened and now a lot of people are talking about it.

I guess it was the release of that trailer.

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Nice idea. Good that there's a home for us PC gamers too. smile.gif

QUOTE (mkey82)
If your PC can run Crysis at all, then it should be able to run GTA IV at least on medium settings.

After trying the demo the other day I was pretty shocked to see that I could run it on medium, since my PC is still decent-ish but about 3 years old. To be honest I think GTA IV will be more demanding given that it's a pretty huge game and data has to be loaded constantly.

Here's to hoping for a PC release, though. icon14.gif

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

Is it just me or does Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason seem like a bad version of Bioshock.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Jun 16 2008, 14:27)
To be honest I think GTA IV will be more demanding given that it's a pretty huge game and data has to be loaded constantly.

Well as much as I hate to disagree with my learned gentleman biggrin.gif I erm disagree. However I can see how you would think that. As many of you know I am always using console ports to show how consoles can't hack it. Well get ready here is another updated one.

This time it is the turn of Mass Effect, a pretty good game not all that long (only 7 story missions) but it is an ideal device to see how your PC compares to the 360.

Mass Effect on the 360, natively rendered at 1280 x 720, 20 - 30fps, huge popup problem and some bad framerate issues.

Mass Effect on my Core2Duo with 8600gt at 1280 x 720, 30 - 35fps, NO POPUP problem, one or two framerate issues but nothing major.

Mass Effect on my Core2quad with 8800gts at 1680 x 1050, 35 - 40 fps, NO POPUP problem, one or two framerate issues but nothing major.

What did surprise me about Mass Effect was how efficiently it used multi-cores. On the core2duo I saw about 90% usage on both cores. With the quad I saw 50% usage over all 4 cores. Mass Effect clearly pushes the 360, it has problems with framerate and pop in that no one but a rabid fanboy can deny. Yet we can see from my PC's that even a modest PC with a 50 graphics card can beat a 360.

It is a mirror image of GTA 4 on the 360, that has pop up and framerate issues and that is with a god awful blur filter to mask the awful draw distance. There would be no pop up or framerate issues on a good PC port. Anyway good to have this thread, let's hope the other idiots don't see it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Dillyracer
  • Dillyracer

citizen of lost heaven

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

Thanks a lot for the invite mkey !

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I'm glad I don't have to go to the GTA IV section again.

SynTerro
  • SynTerro

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 16 2008, 14:17)
QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Jun 16 2008, 14:27)
To be honest I think GTA IV will be more demanding given that it's a pretty huge game and data has to be loaded constantly.

Well as much as I hate to disagree with my learned gentleman biggrin.gif I erm disagree. However I can see how you would think that. As many of you know I am always using console ports to show how consoles can't hack it. Well get ready here is another updated one.

This time it is the turn of Mass Effect, a pretty good game not all that long (only 7 story missions) but it is an ideal device to see how your PC compares to the 360.

Mass Effect on the 360, natively rendered at 1280 x 720, 20 - 30fps, huge popup problem and some bad framerate issues.

Mass Effect on my Core2Duo with 8600gt at 1280 x 720, 30 - 35fps, NO POPUP problem, one or two framerate issues but nothing major.

Mass Effect on my Core2quad with 8800gts at 1680 x 1050, 35 - 40 fps, NO POPUP problem, one or two framerate issues but nothing major.

What did surprise me about Mass Effect was how efficiently it used multi-cores. On the core2duo I saw about 90% usage on both cores. With the quad I saw 50% usage over all 4 cores. Mass Effect clearly pushes the 360, it has problems with framerate and pop in that no one but a rabid fanboy can deny. Yet we can see from my PC's that even a modest PC with a 50 graphics card can beat a 360.

It is a mirror image of GTA 4 on the 360, that has pop up and framerate issues and that is with a god awful blur filter to mask the awful draw distance. There would be no pop up or framerate issues on a good PC port. Anyway good to have this thread, let's hope the other idiots don't see it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I also got Mass Effect, and I must say it is a very good port. No xbox logos or instruction noticed, the controls are well done, and it does not feel like a game portet from console. The only huge problem that I noticed several others got is that it crashes allot

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

I don't understand why do people speak about HD for the games.

It's not like a movie made on a 8mm camera and shown on a huge screen. The game is always shown perfectly on the monitor since there is a resolution setting.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:27 PM

GTA IV on PC won't be a problem for my PC at all.

Currently I'm playing GRID for PC, awesome graphics, but the arcade-style driving is throwing me off after playing so much Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. I'm gonna keep playing this game to see if I can get better, and wrecking cars is quite fun anyway tounge.gif .

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:33 PM Edited by Otter, 16 June 2008 - 06:55 PM.

I've got to agree with Charming Charlie here - even with forced AA MAss Effect runs a solid 40+ on my OC'd core2duo + 8800 GTS.

GTA4 will be a snap, even with increased draw distance, traffic, and texture quality.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Jun 16 2008, 01:43)
Is it just me or does Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason seem like a bad version of Bioshock.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the trailer.

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 16 2008, 07:55)
•If your PC can run Crysis at all, then it should be able to run GTA IV at least on medium settings. GTA IV has nice graphics, but they are not THAT nice. Basically any gaming PC not older then two-three years should suffice.

I believe if you have a PC capable of running Crysis on High then you'll be able to run GTAIV on high: not only are the graphics on Crysis far more advanced than GTAIV's will ever be, even with touchups, but the current version of CryEngine 2 is horrifically un-optomized, so if your machine can cope with that, it can cope with a lot. Think about it, past GTAs have been rather slack on the system requirements, even though they were quite groundbreaking at the time. Either way, even though I hope for a PC version of GTAIV (even though I have it on 360), I sincerely doubt that one will be made; mainly because RAGE is not yet running on PCs (as far as anyone knows).

Anyway, PC gaming, even though I own a console I find PC gaming superior, as long as you have sufficient specs the games are often much better than their console counterparts, and the PC gives birth to some of the greatest engines, like Source, performs great and still looks great, even after nearly 4 years. And of course, PC games are very often cheaper than console games, I find myself quiet often buying 2 or 3 games at a time off Steam, cos compared to retail it's so damn cheap. And no matter what people say, high end PCs are so worth the money, it's so good to have a machine capable of doing anything you throw at it, and doing it spectacularly.

So yeah, go PC gaming.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, I have to laugh at the notion that any of the current gaming systems can do something even a mid-range gaming PC can't.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (dvs_angel @ Jun 16 2008, 08:25)
I would so join ya, but I've got exams. suicidal.gif I'll be back in a few days, if this thread hasn't been locked by then.

Me too. Hell, I should be studying.

Oh, and CRYSIS rocks. cool.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:27 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 13 September 2013 - 09:18 AM.

I like consoles but PC is just better. I could never play a game like Oblivion on a console. And I could never play GTA (with the exception of LCS and VCS) on a console. PC is the real deal. Although some games even on PC are better with a console joypad. Like Assassins Creed. Its much more enjoyable with 360 controller.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Jun 16 2008, 20:27)
...And I could never play GTA on a console...

I'm sorry what? I know I didn't read what I read because it just seemed like you said that GTA was better on PC than on console.

And FPS on console is fine, not as smooth of course, but when nobodies is as smooth it doesn't make a difference, Halo 3 on the Xbox360 is great fun, so is COD4 I presume.

Deuce Deuce
  • Deuce Deuce

-

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Jun 16 2008, 23:07)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Jun 16 2008, 20:27)
...And I could never play GTA on a console...

I'm sorry what? I know I didn't read what I read because it just seemed like you said that GTA was better on PC than on console.

And FPS on console is fine, not as smooth of course, but when nobodies is as smooth it doesn't make a difference, Halo 3 on the Xbox360 is great fun, so is COD4 I presume.

You can't blame someone for having an opinion. GTA doesn't necessarily have a better suited platform as such, it's just down to personal preference really. With GTA, it has its pros and cons in both versions (PC and console). For example, PC versions of GTA can be altered more with mods that the console would never be able to acheive, not only this but PC versions of GTA are also more graphically advanced and generally look a lot better.

On the other hand, the console versions might be considered 'better' because it makes use of a controller, which (IMO) is a lot easier to use (that said, some people prefer using a keyboard and mouse - again, down to personal preference). Even then, you're still open to use a joypad or the 360 controller for Windows or whatever.

But I'd say first-person shooters are more enjoyable on PC, for me at least. You get much more precision with a mouse than a joystick. Although after having owned CoD4 on 360 for some time I can say they're just as enjoyable on a console.

But yeah, for me, it's all about PC gaming baby. cool.gif

patgrt
  • patgrt

Back from dead

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

I couldn't even consider myself using a controller over mouse+keyboard, only the time to move your crosshair from one side of the screen to other should be enough to explain this. Not going to go any deeper on that issue, since it just brings up pointless flaming.

There's plenty of PC games I'm expecting. Starcraft 2 comes to mind first, especially after seeing what a huge flop Age of Conan is. I mean there's people with better rig than I have who are getting around 10 FPS in-game. I have tried Crysis, and my rig gives way over 70 FPS in that one. Funcom just needs to learn how to optimize their freaking game engine and not to release a game that isn't even half finished on the market.

I've been waiting for a sequal to Knights of the Old Republic series for quite a while now. I'm just really hoping it won't be an MMORPG, because it seems that genre is always getting shouldered out by the behemoth of the market, WoW.

Oh, and someone mentioned preferring CS:S over Crysis, I'd go as far to say that I prefer Quake 1 with decent addons over them both. I guess it's pretty obvious from my avatar, though!

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

Trust me, I'm a pipe smoker

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:27 PM

well I have a high end gaming system myself ( see xfire), I can play all games on their highest except crysis which is broken anyway. I hate having to update every few months, I mean, look at my 88GT sure it can handle everything on it's highest at the moment, but some months after the release of this card, 9 series was out. ati had their 3870x2 and are now releasing their 4XXX cards, while nvidia have just released their GT280/260 cards. I mean seriously. It's too expensive. I prefer a console for this reason.

however this pc coupled up with an x360 controller = epic win. Only FPS games and RPGs such as mass effect/oblivion benefit from the mouse + kb setup. hell I've played bioshock with the x360 controller and I still liked it. I prefer adventure/racing games though so a joypad is the way for me.

patgrt
  • patgrt

Back from dead

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (matthew1g @ Jun 16 2008, 23:27)
well I have a high end gaming system myself ( see xfire), I can play all games on their highest except crysis which is broken anyway. I hate having to update every few months, I mean, look at my 88GT sure it can handle everything on it's highest at the moment, but some months after the release of this card, 9 series was out. ati had their 3870x2 and are now releasing their 4XXX cards, while nvidia have just released their GT280/260 cards. I mean seriously. It's too expensive. I prefer a console for this reason.

So far in my gaming career, I've only had to update around once every 3 years. Even without updating your stuff (this is assuming you don't go for the cheapest stuff when building), you can play latest games in well enough performance. I got my rig in december last year, and I don't plan to update it in a long time.

Consoles do not allow this kind of updating. If there's even a good enough console to run a game, you will have to buy it. You can't update your old to run anything.

Now that MGS4 is out, you can see what the most powerful console out at the moment can put out. It sure looks cool, if you've already spent way more on a television than you would spend in several years on a computer. You could get the same kind of performance out of a low-priced computer at the moment.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. smile.gif

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

Trust me, I'm a pipe smoker

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

So far in my gaming career, I've only had to update around once every 3 years. Even without updating your stuff (this is assuming you don't go for the cheapest stuff when building), you can play latest games in well enough performance. I got my rig in december last year, and I don't plan to update it in a long time.

...not if you want to play the games the way they're meant to be played.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

I love PC gaming, its where it all started. There are always ways to make it better and look better as well.

The problem with PC gaming is that it requires you to have a nice PC. Problem is, some people can't keep updating there PC with new graphics cards or RAM. They can't spend $200 every 4 months to play the new games. Thats why many people prefer console gaming because your guaranteed to have all the new games to you, with out upgrading. It makes a person feel like there making a gaming investment do to there versatility in doing everything a PC can do, but doesn't need to be upgraded every 4 months

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:40 AM

Ronnyboy I can assure you if people had to upgrade their pc's every "4 months" NO ONE would be playing games on the PC. I usually get 4 - 5 years out of the PC's I build. I built a core2duo with 8600gt about a year ago, it still plays all games on max settings @ 1280 x 720.

I have since built myself a second gaming PC which plays games at 1680 x 1050 with all settings on max, it has done so for the past 6 months and I imagine it will continue to play games with max settings at that resolution for some years to come.

I expect both my PC's to outlast the 360 in terms of usefulness and probably the PS3 in terms of usefulness. Then when the time comes again for me to upgrade I will take all the money I save by buying the CHEAPER PC games and build myself a new kick ass PC that beats the crap out of the "next next gen" consoles and it will last me 4 - 5 years.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jun 16 2008, 18:40)
Ronnyboy I can assure you if people had to upgrade their pc's every "4 months" NO ONE would be playing games on the PC. I usually get 4 - 5 years out of the PC's I build. I built a core2duo with 8600gt about a year ago, it still plays all games on max settings @ 1280 x 720.

I have since built myself a second gaming PC which plays games at 1680 x 1050 with all settings on max, it has done so for the past 6 months and I imagine it will continue to play games with max settings at that resolution for some years to come.

I expect both my PC's to outlast the 360 in terms of usefulness and probably the PS3 in terms of usefulness. Then when the time comes again for me to upgrade I will take all the money I save by buying the CHEAPER PC games and build myself a new kick ass PC that beats the crap out of the "next next gen" consoles and it will last me 4 - 5 years.

Well, I was just choosing a random date. Sure many PC's can last that long, but many people don't have the money for a nice PC like that. Also, many people feel that consoles are more safe in security. No viruses, no illegal downloading, no of that. But to each their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users