Photo

Good People in Multiplayer (Free Mode)

71 replies to this topic
31st Funk
  • 31st Funk

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:44 AM

If there's a thread about idiots, how about a thread about cool people? I met this guy yesterday night playing Free Mode. I was in the ass of Liberty City but he kindly gave me a ride, took me to some weapons and had a blast cruising Liberty City fighting cops, getting into fist fights in the railway tracks and doing the Swing glitch. Really a cool guy. His PSN id was debacon.

So, how about you? Have you met a guy that actually knows the difference between Free Mode and Deathmatch?

cadm9410
  • cadm9410

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:51 AM Edited by cadm9410, 16 June 2008 - 05:56 PM.

A few actually.. So yeah, they are out there. biggrin.gif

31st Funk
  • 31st Funk

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (cadm9410 @ Jun 16 2008, 02:51)
A few actually.. tho89 (French, but cool), iTeChNiQuEz (good guy), eantis (Swedish chick, knows some English), Evil_Kairi (Awesome Cali chick), guldchicago (A crazy girl I've gotten to know pretty well). So yeah, they are out there. biggrin.gif

But they are hard to find sad.gif

fallingpeople2
  • fallingpeople2

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:05 AM

sadly ive only met a couple in free roam that were cool, cant recall their PSN's though. Had some fun base jumping onto a chopper, jumping choppers and that sort of stuff.

HOTSTOVE907
  • HOTSTOVE907

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:00 PM

Hey man ive been playing the 1 player mode for a few days now and im ready to check out the online so add me if you could show me some stuff around liberty. thanks
tag HOTSTOVE907

Breggs
  • Breggs

Houses In Motion

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

here's a common event in Free Mode.

you pull up next to someone and offer them a ride, making it clearly obvious that you're doing so, only to have them start shooting at you. I mean, seriously? what the hell is that about.

You pose absolutely no threat and are actually offering to assist another player and he kills you for no reason!

Degu
  • Degu

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:12 PM

I'm proud to be one of the 'cool' people you might find in multiplayer, the only people I don't help out are the ones that p**s me off.

Breggs
  • Breggs

Houses In Motion

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

Some guy was actually trying to hunt me down the other day O_O

I was just walking around and he said to his friends "Hey is it alright to kill the <whatever colour i was> guy? Alright lets go kill him!" and they did. multiple times.

And i was the bloody host...

Raven_Nytez
  • Raven_Nytez

Mr. Purple

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Had a moment earlier when I joined someones free game & they had a mic (not sure if they were a girl or rather young boy, but, life goes on) & they were chatting at me "oh, get in the car. c'mon follow!"
So I get in & they drive me to the strip club. "C'mon, put your gun away, let's go inside." I follow, they walk around to the back rooms & suddenly say "Now dance b*tch!" (Edit - Have a female Char, btw)

I was laughing my arse off but didn't want to un-mute my mic to shatter their illusion! lol.gif

Then later in the eve I start getting chased around by a couple on free mode shooting at me all the time. Luckily their driving skills weren't all that so I could get to the other end of the road, get out my car, ready the RPG & wait for them to stop crashing & get to me.
They tried pulling up & honking so I got in, then they drove off top speed, jumped out & tried to shoot the car with an RPG but I'd dived out & they missed anyway. RPG'd the ground infront of them hey hey 'sucka bounced' sarcasm.gif

Jonny Jonny
  • Jonny Jonny

The Forums Tough Guy

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

Im just happy if no one shoots me when i first start off, not fair, I just like to go do to the airport and do some stunts

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:01 AM Edited by .Up&Coming., 17 June 2008 - 01:03 AM.

I find a bunch of people that are actually pretty decent.
No offense to Xbox, but I heard there's more idiots on Live than on PSN.

I'm a PS3 owner. Anyway. I did a TDM the other day in the prison that was melee. We did melee for a bit, then we chased some guys with cars. Then we had a Destruction Derby type thing, then we had a boat chase, then a car chase, etc.

Eventually we won (limit was 5000). It was hilarious.
You meet some decent people every once in a while. icon14.gif

Edit: Oh, and I'm a chick too. I've changed my character to a guy because the clothes blend in better for TDM/DM's. tounge2.gif

erbzzz
  • erbzzz

Everything

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:02 AM

I always see people shooting each other when I go into free mode so that's what I've always done. I guess I could try to hang out with people over the internet but I'd rather get a chopper and just crash it into the spawn point (after flying around and attempting to shoot people first)

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

Add my PSN: Capricornus_18

I am a pretty cool person in Free Mode MP. I really love going on there when there is a lot of people on that mode. It is very fun at the airport. Last night it was 2 guys against me, just trying to kill me all the time and what not. It was very fun. But yeah, I am a cool guy on this mode.

Lazlo_Panaflex
  • Lazlo_Panaflex

Faggio Death Squad Member

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:05 AM

I spent 20 minutes with a person who is now my new zombie friend......

We did some drags....killed some cops...did the swing glitch...took long walks on the beach and ate a candelit dinner.

It was a lot of fun.

Then someone joined our game....met us at the swing set...and then killed us both.

We then harrassed him for the next 10 minutes until he left...leaving the city to us.

If someone kills me in Free Mode...I remember.

Spectarofdeath
  • Spectarofdeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:27 AM

If I go into FM and everyone is killing each other, I will kill as well. If nobody else is dying, then I will just go do my own thing. Hopefully the DLC will have more options for FM.

Minitrini
  • Minitrini

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

I thought I did a pretty nice thing the other day. There were about five of us in seperate sultan RS's, racing along the highway with trhee helicopters chasing us and shooting at us, one guy's car got clipped and exploded, but he jumped out. there were no cars, and he was trapped on the highway with the helicopters closing in on him and shooting at him, everyone else booked. So, I did a 180 and drove back, shot at the helicopters through my window and beeped for him to get in, and saved his life.

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside after. but then he got out and killed me with a rocked launcher. D:

Lazlo_Panaflex
  • Lazlo_Panaflex

Faggio Death Squad Member

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:54 AM

Yeah...Free Mode love can be fleeting.

If I spawn in free mode and people are nailing each other...then I will join in or drive somewhere away from the action.

I won't go out of my way to kill anyone who hasn't done me any harm.

Ugs
  • Ugs

Killing since '79

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Breggs @ Jun 16 2008, 23:16)

I was just walking around and he said to his friends "Hey is it alright to kill the <whatever colour i was> guy? Alright lets go kill him!" and they did. multiple times.

I love it when this happens to me ... it not only saves me hunting them down but it means that I can see them coming and allows me to choose the battlefield. This I usually manage to do to my advantage. I make sure that they can only come at me from one side and have Fun! holding them off for as long as possible - all good skill practice smile.gif

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Ugs @ Jun 17 2008, 04:49)
QUOTE (Breggs @ Jun 16 2008, 23:16)

I love it when this happens to me ... it not only saves me hunting them down but it means that I can see them coming and allows me to choose the battlefield. This I usually manage to do to my advantage. I make sure that they can only come at me from one side and have Fun! holding them off for as long as possible - all good skill practice smile.gif

Yeah there's nothing sweeter than when some moron comes from one end of the city to the other to hunt you down only for you to turn the tables on them, thats why I like to stock up on weapons and armour in Free-Mode before I start driving around etc, because you will always get 1 idiot who tries to spoil your fun.

1 gimp ph34r.gif decided to kill me because he wanted my Sultan RS. So when I respwaned I stocked up and went after him, he had his little boyfriend to try and take me out, but in the end I managed to accomplish what I had intended. icon14.gif Not to kill my killer but to destroy my car (RS). I would rather no one have it than some unsporting n00b take it. biggrin.gif

Trippn
  • Trippn

Yay Aliens!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Minitrini @ Jun 17 2008, 03:44)
I thought I did a pretty nice thing the other day. There were about five of us in seperate sultan RS's, racing along the highway with trhee helicopters chasing us and shooting at us, one guy's car got clipped and exploded, but he jumped out. there were no cars, and he was trapped on the highway with the helicopters closing in on him and shooting at him, everyone else booked. So, I did a 180 and drove back, shot at the helicopters through my window and beeped for him to get in, and saved his life.

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside after. but then he got out and killed me with a rocked launcher. D:

I know what you mean. I've tried to be nice on numerous occasions only to have my brains blown out and lead me to think "yet another immature 14 year old -.- "

I don't attack unless i have been attacked as well. Today i got massacred for walking down the street biggrin.gif

CapnRedChops
  • CapnRedChops

Gamer since 1980

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:39 AM Edited by CapnRedChops, 17 June 2008 - 10:43 AM.

Hey, I drive up, beep, and get shot at most often. I too remember though. devil.gif

Anyhoo, what do people think of setting blips to far. That way people can see where you are, but hunting you takes a little more skill than just 'follow the blip'.

I imagine it would put some social souls off though.

Props to LC (or DC) Hunter. Never played with him/her before ( mercie_blink.gif perhaps I should rephrase) but I spawned in free mode as the locals were playing DM. I beeped at him/her, he/she got in and we hunted those who attacked us. we killed so many for no deaths it was utterly ridiculous. then I shot through to re-arm. I was at ground level merrily sniping clowns who were trying to pistol each other, and realised that Hunter was close and above, so must have been on a railway overpass. Using my sniper rifle, I looked up and saw hium/her come out from behind a building that had been between us thus far.

I had Hunter dead to rights, and I could see she/he had me in a similar position.

There was a moment of acknowledgement of how much we had owned the clowns of the last half an hour.

One moment of respect and...

uncertainty.

The the farkin bustard sniped me in the head, AND IT WAS ON!!!!

lol.gif

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Trippn @ Jun 17 2008, 10:15)

I know what you mean. I've tried to be nice on numerous occasions only to have my brains blown out and lead me to think "yet another immature 14 year old -.- "

I don't attack unless i have been attacked as well. Today i got massacred for walking down the street biggrin.gif

Im 14 but i have wen ppl do that. They turn free mode into a deathmatch!!

I just like to free roam and drive around and do stunts and its not 14 year olds its 8 year olds and believe it or not its also adults

ps...add me PSN: maco_kid

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (macorules94 @ Jun 17 2008, 10:54)
QUOTE (Trippn @ Jun 17 2008, 10:15)

Im 14 but i have wen ppl do that. They turn free mode into a deathmatch!!

I just like to free roam and drive around and do stunts and its not 14 year olds its 8 year olds and believe it or not its also adults

ps...add me PSN: maco_kid

Although the bulk of the people who I've crossed paths with have generally been "kids", the 2 in particular who relieved me of my RS sounded much much older.

Infact some nights when I've been on some of the people sounded very, very young. I know I let my 3 year old daughter play GTA 4 (She likes cars/helicopters/boats and I explain that the "good" Police arrest the "naughty" men/women, see GTA can be educational if used positivly) however some of these kids sound like they may be only 6 or so and at 10-11pm hearing these "children" playing GTA on multiplayer at that time of the night is very unsettling.

lasagna
  • lasagna

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

one guy was cool in free mode, bought me a hotdog at the hotdog stand.

CapnRedChops
  • CapnRedChops

Gamer since 1980

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (lasagna @ Jun 17 2008, 11:09)
one guy was cool in free mode, bought me a hotdog at the hotdog stand.

Yep, hope you enjoyed it. You owe me five bucks.

P.S. Went to the Comrades bar and had a beer with Rick Astley: I paid for the first round AND THEN HE BOLTED!!!

I GOT RICKROLLED IN LIBERTY CITY!!!

Tanooki
  • Tanooki

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

man i met this ace guy and we raced around having fun on bikes for about an hour! in race mode aswell tounge.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

Man, the LoveFest in this thread is so out of whack with the rest of this forum...

Why aren't all of you YELLING and cussing at each other like the rest of us!!!

lmao that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Just kidding.

I LOVE deathmatches and carnage as much as the next guy (or gal), but in a game as diverse as this one, sometimes you just gotta go exploring, racing, jumping, flying...

The other day I was in a DM at the airport with ten or so ppl and out of the blue everyone just stopped shooting at each other and started doing car stunts!

I got the helo and placed it between two jumps and, without mics, a series of five or six cars jumped over/into me. Carnage of a different sort...lol

Considering how many ppl turn FM into DM, thought it might be appreciated that I was in a DM that turned into FM.

michaelekylon
  • michaelekylon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Breggs @ Jun 16 2008, 23:07)
here's a common event in Free Mode.

you pull up next to someone and offer them a ride, making it clearly obvious that you're doing so, only to have them start shooting at you. I mean, seriously? what the hell is that about.

You pose absolutely no threat and are actually offering to assist another player and he kills you for no reason!

Common?? Thats the only thing thats happened to me since I started playing free roam. Still theres one or two guys on my friend's list who just like to cruise round.

Add me
Gamertag: Tranceportation

DDDenniZZZ
  • DDDenniZZZ

Slacker

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hate free mode matches with friendly fire on, usually go into a quick game, check on the phone if its friendly fire on or off, if its on I just leave the game, look for another lol.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

Any PS3 owners in here with headsets? Just curious. I recently just purchased a Bluetooth Headset for my PS3, haven't used it yet, trying to aviod the racists c*nts. Add my PSN:

Capricornus_18

Let's do some cool things online sometime. icon14.gif I'll be on Thursday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users