14 replies to this topic
SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

NOTE: This topic Split from this one.

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 19:51)
Just like the framerates when playing Gears of War at 720p.  But they keep shovelling it out there, and people keep f*cking buying it.

Gears of War never gave me framerate issues at 720p.

If you look right here on IGN HD you'll see that you are making a false statement.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ Jun 12 2008, 17:19)
Just like the framerates when playing Gears of War at 720p.  But they keep shovelling it out there, and people keep f*cking buying it.

If you look right here on IGN HD you'll see that you are making a false statement.

It drops to about 20-24 in places. Or maybe I'm just using a faulty Xbox?

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 20:45)
QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ Jun 12 2008, 17:19)

It drops to about 20-24 in places. Or maybe I'm just using a faulty Xbox?

Why don't you create a game for 360 that runs at 60fps all the time then? Or better yet, get a PC that can play it at 60fps, I have one.

20-24 fps is still playable it's not like it does it throughout the whole damn game. 24fps = same framerate as movies anyway.

Hell San Andreas on PS2 had a worse framerate, I don't hear you claiming that game was a faulty product.

BTW I don't even like GoW, I just don't like it when people nitpick things then claim "OMG XBOX SUX," or "OMG PS3 SUX" etc.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:15 AM Edited by Otter, 13 June 2008 - 03:21 AM.

Sweet jesus, Syphon, you're uppity. Did I piss in your coffee or something? Are you the MS savior? I don't think you've even read my posts, because I'm certainly not saying "OMG MS SUCKS" and I doubt a failing machine is a finnicky problem.

Thanks for the lesson on the framerate of films, by the way. Educational.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 22:15)
Sweet jesus, Syphon, you're uppity. Did I piss in your coffee or something? Are you the MS savior? I don't think you've even read my posts, because I'm certainly not saying "OMG MS SUCKS" and I doubt a failing machine is a finnicky problem.

Thanks for the lesson on the framrate of films, by the way. Educational.

No I've been reading your posts. In summary all you have been saying is "30% failure rate" and "unacceptable Gears of War framerates," both of which are totally off-topic and not what the TC wanted to talk about.

The "30% failure rate" was proven speculation and the "unacceptable Gears of War framerates" are actually plenty acceptable for a CONSOLE game. So basically what I've been reading is that you aren't too bright because you bought a console that has a 30% failure rate and is unsatisfactory in playing Gears of War. You would have been better off with a gaming PC, but no you just buy the console and then tell everyone how much of a failure it is when they are just trying to throw MS a bone for trying to fix a problem with the hardware.

I'm done typing in this topic because it's obviously derailed and I don't know why you felt the need to rain on this guy's parade, but I felt it was necessary to defend the guy, and the console.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:39 AM Edited by Otter, 13 June 2008 - 03:41 AM.

No, you've called me a nerd twice in a topic, because I pointed out the irony of praising a company that sells a defective system when they simply fix it for you.

As for the rest of your rant, you make far too many assumptions, friend.

You're being an asshole, and yeah, I think it'd be a blast if you refrain from posting again because then we can return to the topic at hand - why praise a company so highly for doing it's duty in replacing it's faulty hardware?

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 22:39)
You're an asshole, and yeah, I think it'd be a blast if you refrain from posting again because then we can return to the topic at hand - why praise a company so highly for doing it's duty in replacing it's faulty hardware?

Oh no I called you a nerd so you need to call me an asshole, whatever dude you could try being rational.

This topic was NOT "Xbox 360 30% Failure Rate, Gears of War Framerate Drops" once again I will state it. The topic WAS "Microsoft has great service!" So what if it's ironic that he's praising their service? The console would have to break somehow IN ORDER for him to even NEED the service! Regardless of the 360's failure rate! You just took this as another opportunity to bash the Xbox, not only once but twice! Totally irrelevant discussion! Get it!?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:52 AM

Oh, I get it. I point out a failure in something, I must be bashing it. Groovy. Again, too many assumptions.

Also - see my ninja edit before your post. wink.gif

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 22:52)
Oh, I get it.  I point out a failure in something, I must be bashing it. Groovy.  Again, too many assumptions.

Well the failure rate thing I was gonna let go, but yes I considered nitpicking GoW's framerate and going as far as calling it "unacceptable" to be "bashing" the system.

Anyway seriously I'm done with this topic.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ Jun 12 2008, 19:57)
QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 22:52)
Oh, I get it.  I point out a failure in something, I must be bashing it. Groovy.  Again, too many assumptions.

Well the failure rate thing I was gonna let go, but yes I considered nitpicking GoW's framerate and going as far as calling it "unacceptable" to be "bashing" the system.

Anyway seriously I'm done with this topic.

I'm sorry, but a game that drops below playable in the middle of a gunbattle is either unacceptable or it's hardware failure. It sucks.

I mean, the game itself isn't unplayable, but having sequences that push the system beyond it's limits (a bloody launch title, no less) should never make it past playtesting. It's almost as if they wanted to push the graphics so hard that they didn't care about the expense of framerate.

Again, it could just be the XBox I played it on. I hear the launch models have poor DVD drives as well. Who knows. I don't think it's nitpicky, but I guess that all depends on your definition of the term.

I mean, at least when you had slowdown in Super Mario Bros, the whole game slowed down. tounge.gif

But yeah, that's all off topic. Just 'splainin myself.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:12 AM

Heh well maybe I got a little too defensive but you know how it is I've seen so many fanboys that I guess I kinda do assume automatically people are starting stuff.

Oh wait I was done with this topic wasn't I?

Well on-topic: Microsoft has great service! I agree!

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:11 AM

Carry one.

Picolini grabs a snack and a drink.

Forfit
  • Forfit

nein

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

Hai guise, what's going on? smile.gif

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

Move along, nothing to see here smile.gif .

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:12 PM Edited by Otter, 14 June 2008 - 05:15 PM.

...because conversations aren't the point of an internet forum, apparently. whatsthat.gif

Lockage?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users