PS4 PS3 Multiplayer
21,602 replies to this topic
J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I dont mind the drafting system at all to be fair, its the catch up thats annoying having your car slow to an almost crawl. BUT i think the game kinda needs it as if the driver in front is just out of reach of the drafting whir on a clean lap you cannot catch them unless they crash. Respawns could be quicker too as it takes too long.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• Members
  • NATO
  • Most Valuable Player 2011

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

I find the slipstreaming very annoying, it's so friggin exeggerated. Just 2 seconds of slipstreaming and you can fly past your opponent. There really should be an option to turn it off, because when you're alone in front and have 2 cars chasing you they will always catch up because they will slipstream each other. Slipstreaming isn't there in free mode or any other mode so it's obviously just something they added for races, and not part of the physics engine. It should be pretty easy to give us an option to turn it off.

• barney1610 likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by docrikowski, 14 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

I need some money to buy a new apt! 

Me too Boosh! Still living in the cheapest garage near the skatepark! We get the first 250k this week. I opt for Weasel Plaza apt nr 70! (it's 319k)

I need some money to buy a new apt! 

Me too Boosh! Still living in the cheapest garage near the skatepark! We get the first 250k this week. I opt for Weasel Plaza apt nr 70! (it's 319k)

I'm still homeless and I sleep in my car. :D

• coach_wargo and Riznind like this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Editing a post on this new forum system is a nightmare lol

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:14 AM Edited by leroy46, 16 October 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Any news about some tactical modes in this games in the near future? Miss TW, but anything that is not camping (TDM) would be cool.I kinda like racing.

Have awful experiences with TDM, people camp everywhere with snajpoz, abuse of hiding is reaching new levels, and the blips, omfg.. Is this real, after 4 years sprinting on COD and BF3 now i must nearly moving to not make noise?

Is there a way to sort out a team of friends and play vs randoms like in all other games? Team balance is based on colors of the tshirts? Every time one team is ridiculously op'd.

FM is just not for me, after pimping the ride when ranking up, i got bored very quick..

Meh for me atm. Worst online experience after RDR and MP3.

R* look at my avatar.

• A J likes this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

I titally agree with you on the blips, Leroy... it should be an option, they should be there or not, ain't no halfsteppin'!!!

A few of the competetive  mission modes are tactical and quite fun. Other than that I mostly enjoy the online coop missions and survival. Racing is nice, too but I don't like overcrowded races, too much colleteral damage!

I like freemode aswell as I always did in GTA, a lot to do... but I miss Turf Wars. :/

All in all, I prefer it over RDR and MP3 as far as the experience in gerneral, but not the TDM options and gameplay. Still I highly believe that the content creator is gonna help us to make the game more to our likeness and hopefully make the blips an option. Can't be arsed to sneak around 24/7, but constantly gettin' shot from people in cover. But mayve that was the point, make the shootouts more realistic than just ramboing around...?

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Capture the Flag will be coming soon, and I can't wait for it. I'm tired of just plain old deathmatches :/ They can still be fun when you're playing with friends but the team balancing is so broken that we're usually split up (WTF?!) 

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

all I want is to be able to jump into a TDM with 8 DDZN and kick the sh*t out of 8 randoms !! Are there any other crews out there that play free aim TDM's ??

Personally I prefer the blips how they are now, again my preference but I feel it adds to it and also balances the game for those not gifted with lightning reaction speeds (can't be the only one here given the average age !) ;)

• A J likes this

rnz1369
  • rnz1369

Im too damn old for this nonsense.

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

miss you guys online, no time at all. maybe a quik one tonight, anyone wants to FM or do some missions? Cant be assed with TDM's and racing tbh.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Any news about some tactical modes in this games in the near future? Miss TW, but anything that is not camping (TDM) would be cool.I kinda like racing.

Have awful experiences with TDM, people camp everywhere with snajpoz, abuse of hiding is reaching new levels, and the blips, omfg.. Is this real, after 4 years sprinting on COD and BF3 now i must nearly moving to not make noise?

Is there a way to sort out a team of friends and play vs randoms like in all other games? Team balance is based on colors of the tshirts? Every time one team is ridiculously op'd.

FM is just not for me, after pimping the ride when ranking up, i got bored very quick..

Meh for me atm. Worst online experience after RDR and MP3.

R* look at my avatar.

Sounds like you completely forgot IV era leroy...

We've been accused of hiding and camping in IV's TW for years and now you accuse others of the same for playing TDM in V tactically?!??!

We would be proud of our sniping skills in IV and suddenly sniping is not cool in V?!??!

We NEVER played as DDZN against randoms during the whole IV era unless it was an official match (we always played against each other) and now suddenly this is an issue?!??!

I kinda understand when a person dislikes a game based on a coherent opinion on game mechanics.

I don't understand it when the opinion is based on things you used to like in IV and that now you suddenly dislike in V... :dontgetit:

Personally, and I say this with the biggest respect for you and for others like you in the gang, I think that FPS games created in you guys a strong desire to replicate the same comfortable game mechanisms and situations in all games that have anything to do with shooting. FPS games (and sport games) are designed to have that effect: comfortable looping.

That is why there's a COD or BF x year. Just like there's a FIFA and a PES for year. Always the same game in a different sauce. Minor tweaks and changes but same formula.

Nothing wrong with that if that's a gamer's cup of tea. Respect.

But Rockstar games are something completely different. You wouldn't do justice to their creative creators if you expected them to repeat the same formula over and over in all games. They are among the ones that push the boundaries in gaming and take new paths that others will follow.

They can make mistakes of course but you only make mistakes when you try to do something new.

RDR and MP3 can be judged as bad games only if you look at them through the distorted lens of FPS gaming thirst of competitiveness and performance in shooting.

They are objectively wonderfully crafted games. They both have a completely original approach to gaming and interactive storytelling in games.

They are indeed works of art that will be remembered for decades.

Same goes for V.

I just think it's just reductive to dismiss any game made by R* with a superficial opinion on game mechanics.

R* games are much more than that...

And that is why you loved IV so much...

FPS games ruined your perspective guys! Just like Michael's son! :D

• A J and Andy_May like this

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Rockstar games are something completely different. You wouldn't do justice to their creative creators if you expected them to repeat the same formula over and over in all games. They are among the ones that push the boundaries in gaming and take new paths that others will follow.

They can make mistakes of course but you only make mistakes when you try to do something new.

RDR and MP3 can be judged as bad games only if you look at them through the distorted lens of FPS gaming thirst of competitiveness and performance in shooting.

They are objectively wonderfully crafted games. They both have a completely original approach to gaming and interactive storytelling in games.

They are indeed works of art that will be remembered for decades.

Same goes for V.

I just think it's just reductive to dismiss any game made by R* with a superficial opinion on game mechanics.

R* games are much more than that...

You just mind roasted me. :blink: Well said. :^:

Good games today gents (sort of), I apologize to Scar-Face and Antichrist for me being a n00b in that mission :p Nitty is used to it by now. ;)

all I want is to be able to jump into a TDM with 8 DDZN and kick the sh*t out of 8 randoms !! Are there any other crews out there that play free aim TDM's

What aboot 6 DDZN and 1 AoD :blush: (Your the 8th). Nobody in my gang plays TDMs so I get my ass handed to me when facing people using actual teamwork. :sui:

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Well said Doc. At the moment though GTA Online has started to bore me a bit. The TDM is the same old Rockstar formula like in IV and RDR, I really was hoping for a MP3 style but no such luck :/ And the fact that corner shooting is back... I have bitched about this endlessly since release and I won't stop bitching until GTA VI comes out :p Probably THE worst decision in the game. So that's practically TDM ruined for me, races can be fun but not against randoms as it's too easy to grief. Free Mode is meh... especially after I lost all my cars, just lost all will to play the game at that point. And the fact I haven't even gotten an asnwer from R* support almost a week after it happened really annoys me. :dontgetit:

I hope Capture The Flag will be great, because otherwise I don't really see myself enjoying V nearly as much as I did IV :/

• leroy46 likes this

Cluster
  • Cluster

GameCluster (Psn)

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Nitty, I'll be sending out that friend request old friend and I will see what I can arrange for competitive tdm crew matches. Give me some time to let out the kinks in my crew and it's on! Lol

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

you are right doc, in 4 years i git used to more fast paced games, to be part of a team and to play against randoms (more a need instead of a wish). You missed the part of my posts where i say.. " ok, where is my fun?!".. I don't have any atm, on IV after countless hours the cherry on the cake were stev msg after a tdm where he sent me "ur getting goid m8" and the winning of DTW V. All between was based on tactical gaming, call it hiding, call it blicking, surly not on glitching or using some advantages like frag x. I said atm, my TDM are awful, on MP3 was able to have kd 2, now my kd is 0.1~0.5. It's not about kd, can hear you but is not funny to being unable to ground anyone. One important thing is i play always vs insane players like stev, joe, ex, cake.. And that makes me think there is hope. Will rank up to unlock armors and weapons and see how it is. The point is i do rather other things atm insted of loading V. Does not happend in V years...

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

you are right doc, in 4 years i git used to more fast paced games, to be part of a team and to play against randoms (more a need instead of a wish). You missed the part of my posts where i say.. " ok, where is my fun?!".. I don't have any atm, on IV after countless hours the cherry on the cake were stev msg after a tdm where he sent me "ur getting goid m8" and the winning of DTW V. All between was based on tactical gaming, call it hiding, call it blicking, surly not on glitching or using some advantages like frag x. I said atm, my TDM are awful, on MP3 was able to have kd 2, now my kd is 0.1~0.5. It's not about kd, can hear you but is not funny to being unable to ground anyone. One important thing is i play always vs insane players like stev, joe, ex, cake.. And that makes me think there is hope. Will rank up to unlock armors and weapons and see how it is. The point is i do rather other things atm insted of loading V. Does not happend in V years...

I agree... I'm having no fun in TDM because its so slow! GTA IV death matches were very slow compared to FPS and other 3rd person shooters...
Now with the reduced strafing speed there is no skill in 1v1 gunfights so its been reduced so being able to "move and aim" and become a moving target is no longer a useful skill!

Corner shooting is the only thing you can do in TDMs... Even though I did it in IV, I still preferred the strafing, jumping and close quarters pistol fights!

As a run and gun player... This game is a giant fail. It caters for the lowest common denominator... The new and casual gamer!

I find this missions, racing and free mode very fun in V, but as for PVP... Bring on battlefield 4!
  • barney1610 and Andy_May like this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by docrikowski, 19 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Fair enough. I understand leroy. :^:

booshthelurker
  • booshthelurker

Muckraker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Why oh why did I not grind more before they nerfed the mission values? Oh, right, I have a job, I'm old, and too tired to grind... LOL

Aside from the DM, TDM, and other PVP I really like V. It might be a step backwards from MP3 in terms of mechanics, but at least it's a lateral to slight improvement in terms of connectivity. Too bad everyone plays Auto-Aim or Traditional GTA so Free-Aim is dead comparatively.

Oh, Rockstar, IMO you've spread yourself thin trying to do more than you can. I respect the vision, but without follow through it's nothing...

• leroy46 and barney1610 like this

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'll post here, because had fun with rolex most of the time.

Had a really good day at racing, won about 10 races out of 14-15. We had some insane jet fighter TDMs, got rolex three times in a row :D the balkan air konnekson of death did a great job, were me, mafijeso, drakal and sajmon.. in the next games, me and sajmon crashed but funny moments anyway.

Ended 18/8 in a random 2 vs 2 TDM, and 10/6 in a 5 vs 5 (DDZN) TDM.

There is hope.

I am busy for the next 10 days, i am renewing completely the garage, pavements, walls, new automatic door. Must park the faggio inside haha.

After that i will have more time to cruise Los Santos.

P.S. Custom cars in racing rulz.

• Doc Rikowski likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Nitty, I'll be sending out that friend request old friend and I will see what I can arrange for competitive tdm crew matches. Give me some time to let out the kinks in my crew and it's on! Lol

Look forward to it Dizzy, as you can see theres a few here who share the same....

Doesn't have to be all TDM's either happy to mix it up in all modes, all in the name of FUN :)

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

I agree, quite funny games last night. Can't belive how good the Slovenian Air Force are in fighter jets... :D

I love FM, Coop-Missions and the variety of fun modes such as fighter jet battles. See the game as a nice hangout with friends to do fun stuff and not so much competetive and you have a good time I think.

Still hope they bring some updates, although the TDMs lately were quite interesting. With all the roof access they remind me alot of the sneaky action we had on GTA IV for such a long time. For run and gun, you better get a FPS. It's either GTA or NBA 2K14 for me untill the PS4 comes. Then BF4 will probably keep me satisfied for a while... hopefully GTA V too. Hope you can play PS3 games on PS4...

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Wait to see me in action!!:p

barney1610
  • barney1610

sh*t hapens when you party naked

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by barney1610, 23 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Spawned in a FR at Trevor's airfield after a mission and there was a free Luxor Jet there, so I decided to fly around aimlessly, just because. Flew under a few bridges with another D1RTY in another Luxor behind (couldn't really tell who was piloting) and eventually ended up on the coast by Fort Zancudo. I had no intention of going near it as I was just randomly flying around when suddenly I hear a lock on :panic: , manage to dodge the first 2 but the next 2 hit me. My initial thought of "why the hell is the Fort shooting at me, I'm nowhere near it" was quashed when I hear the little f*ck who was flying the fighter jet which took me out say on the mic something like, "YEH HOW DO YOU LIKE DAT BRO, COME AT ME AGAIN I DARE YA!!"

Congrats kid, you took out a commercial jet with lock on missiles fired from a fighter jet for no reason  :^:

I hate children.

I especially hate American children.

I REALLY hate american children who shouldn't be playing an 18 rated video game!! :miranda:

@ExMo: why aren't you using our Private Forums?

• SCAR. and ?!=+_- like this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 AM Edited by explicitmo, 24 October 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Basically just because it's not loading at my work place... but GTAF is... and when I am home, I barely use the internet at all. I still have no computer and no intension to get one soon, I hate 'em!!! :D

So it's only mobile phone when I am home... and I hate typing on that.

Besides that, we all met here... this is the place where it all started. If I want to talk private I use our PSN chat.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

wtf 3 days?

Can't leave you guys alone for a minute. :D

Hi Mo. My PS3 won't read discs anymore.

That's the latest news.

Since I'm broke my gaming career is officially over for a couple of years. ;)

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/The__nest

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

My old PS3, now my brother's, stopped reading discs and taking them in. He found a YT video and re-aligned something in the disc drive and it now runs almost perfectly. Worth a shot if your warranty has run out. :panic:

Dts95
  • Dts95

D1RTY & WILD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

That sucks, Doc... Is your PS3 old?

I haven't had any time to play V online yet. I have tried 1 hour of free roam and 10 min of TDM. TDM was...nah. Will try some more when I get some more time to play. Haven't finished the story yet either.

barney1610
  • barney1610

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

The annual DDZN BBQ atop Mt Chilliad required a sh*t load of chickeny goodness

0_0.jpg

• Riznind likes this

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Any D1rty who wants to race 30laps in his custom sports in this race? :lol:

http://gtaforums.com...ng-for-entries/

barney1610
  • barney1610

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Any D1rty who wants to race 30laps in his custom sports in this race? :lol:

http://gtaforums.com...ng-for-entries/

30 laps in V would be hell, although racing is good fun I just can't take it seriously as a PvP mode. Too much in the way of boost, drafting, strange car physics etc etc etc.

• SCAR. and TASO like this

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by Riznind, 02 November 2013 - 12:49 AM.

you're right. I did lenghty sht in GT5, but with a wheel. Shame I cannot use that in V :lol: (never tried it actually)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users