D1RTY12 [DDZN]

Trained. Excited. Armed.
21,279 replies to this topic
Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Survival has a minimum level of 15. After you reach that it will appear as a shield on the map. 

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Aaah, thanks, I'm not there yet, about level 9 or 10 atm.

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Just find someone who is level 15 and we can host one for you, if you want.

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

comin to kick my ass lol

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by docrikowski, 05 October 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Things change. I prefer games that make an attempt to evolve rather than games that repeat always the same formula.

And stev, was GTA III broken? Not at all, it was a fantastic game back then, but I was damn happy when I could fly choppers, ride bikes and swim in Vice City.

Same for the new stuff in SA. 

Just 5 years ago people were complaining about the lack of features in IV. Now people are complaining about too many features in V. :D

Gamers do complain a lot! That's a fact!

We moan and whine more than the average RL bitch. ;)

You're missing our point. I prefer games that are FUN to play, apart from some free roam in GTA:O which gets boring after a short while, I don't find it fun to play. I don't judge the game by what changes have been made, I judge it only if I enjoy/don't enjoy it. Plus, your comparison to GTA 3 is wrong, there's a difference between ADDING things and CHANGING things 180 degrees. A better comparison would be if in GTA:VC you will play as the cops :sui:

All I've asked for is to keep the old IV feeling. Sure, you can add all of that free roam stuff and base the online around free roam like an MMO, but for f*ck sake, atleast give us an option to make a lobby and play IV style with OUR settings, OUR choice of weapon set etc, was that so goddamn hard?

I don't miss your point Blaz. I understand you.

But as you can see from the posts in the last two pages "FUN" is a very subjective feeling (or opinion if you prefer).

And opinions are mostly the product of an emotion.

So, you don't enjoy the game and that is totally understandable.

Many people do love it though and that's also totally understandable.

In reality there's nothing implicitly wrong in the game beside the things you dislike cause they don't meet your taste in games.

Just as other things in life that we like or dislike, everything is based on our personal taste.

A person likes chocolate. Another person hates chocolate.

Does chocolate taste bad or good? It tastes both bad and good cause it depends on who eats it. ;)

Anyway, at this point, being GTAO still at an early stage, we don't know yet what kind of modes and options will be added in the future.

What I can tell you is that R* choices in V are a direct consequence of choices they made in RDR and MP3.

The host feature in which you could choose all settings in a public session had been ditched already in RDR and in MP3.

And to be honest it worked fine for me in both games cause it reduced lobby times to less than a minute in both games (while in IV lobby times could be infinitely delayed by the host).

Also, in both RDR and MP3 there was an option to host private matches with your choice of settings. 

Was this option used by the players? Not very much also cause XPs could not be earned in private matches.

But the option was there.

Will this option be available in GTAO?

I'm quite sure the answer is yes cause the GTAO Content Creator will be definitely all about making matches with your own settings, maps and weapons.

So, in the end, it's all about not being impatient and considering that the approach to game design by R* has changed in the past 5 years and this change has been positively received by the majority of R* fan base.

"Majority rules" it sucks, but that's the system on which this all planet is run.

D :yingyang: C

• Andy_May likes this

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by Andy_May, 06 October 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Doc were you ever part of some debate club or do you just get into a lot of arguments?

Just asking because you seem to be pretty good at it.

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Doc, I appreciate what you're saying, but did you even play online? I'm not the only one thinking the above, the online section is actually filled with similar rants (from the older players of course, it doesn't seem to bother the younger ones as they have plenty of time in their hands), even fellow DDZN's are thinking the same.

Just tell me, as someone who doesn't have time for gaming lately, do you think it is fair or fun having to always worry that you have enough money for X/you are at the required level to do Y, when all you want is just enjoy the goddamn game without all of that complicated bs?

• coach_wargo likes this

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Doc, I appreciate what you're saying, but did you even play online? I'm not the only one thinking the above, the online section is actually filled with similar rants (from the older players of course, it doesn't seem to bother the younger ones as they have plenty of time in their hands), even fellow DDZN's are thinking the same.

Just tell me, as someone who doesn't have time for gaming lately, do you think it is fair or fun having to always worry that you have enough money for X/you are at the required level to do Y, when all you want is just enjoy the goddamn game without all of that complicated bs?

It doesn't take long to rank up... I'm 25 and I work 50 hours a week plus I go out quite a bit so after today I won't be online much at all!
I just think they balanced it quite well as you can earn money fast and rank up fast when the severs work! It's much faster to unlock things than IV and there's 100s more maps and locations... It's very good!

It's only at the moment that the servers are screwed...

Also you have to remember, they don't want people grinding to level up so the cash and exp gained from each mission increases exponentially... £2000 for a level 5 mission and as much as £9000 for a level 15 mission.

There's some people who don't want everything handed to them at once like me... Having to work to unlock things is part of the fun and I'm sure many would agree.

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

lik you said Blaz, game is not jump in and play any more but we all know how many hours we spent on IV so that dont change for me much lol

I love the game as it is, every day more, but only things what bother me is I have every day less time and patient to sit in front of loading screen:/

Texturiser
  • Texturiser

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Smoked 4 of your members in a tdm

rnz1369
  • rnz1369

Im too damn old for this nonsense.

• D1RTY12

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

DATS AWSUM BRAH. thanks for contributing.

-------------

But yeah, the whole moneything, rockstar is charging lots of money for the cool stuff, and making earning money hard. i guess it has got nothing to do with the cashcards  :monocle:

• explicitmo and barney1610 like this

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Really?

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Lol

Did you join the forum just to say that? You sad, sad little man...

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I actually did play almost 3h of it just yesterday night. :D

I got in a room with many DDZN and we were just playing match after match.

All kind of races, parachuting, TDMs (everyone with the same weapons and in FA).

It was great fun and to be honest I wasn't even paying attention to money or RP. They weren't important at all towards any of the modes objectives.

I was just playing the game. It was pretty much a jump in and play situation (when I finally could connect lol).

As I said in our forums you don't need to be at any required level to do stuff.

You just need to be invited to a room by a crew member and you can play all modes at will one by one.

I'm rank 5 and I played all of them (except Survival I think, but that cause we never voted for it and I think the room was too big... ?).

Also I didn't spend more than a single minute in FM (always disliked it in any game).

In this game you can basically keep the MMORPG FM at a minimum and play PvP all the time and rank up anyway.

Rockstar designed it very well.

Anyway my point is that the game is fun and totally playable from the start.

Then it's all about liking it or disliking it. That's personal taste. Nothing more.

I respect people complaints but I only care about the ones from my crew.

And that's why I'm posting this. I want you to have fun. ;)

The rest of GTAF can complain at will. I ain't got time nor will to read that! :D

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 06 October 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Lots of mixed opinions on V, it was bound to happen. I'm personally enjoying the game very much, but can see that there are some issues which I really hope they iron out as well. My biggest gripe is the aiming and shooting mechanics, there's something about them that feels a little bit off for me. I liked the shooting in IV, RDR & MP3 but this time I'm not impressed at all. They've kept a lot of the mechanics from MP3 (which I like) but the small changes have had a big effect, the acceleration of the reticule is really strange as it starts by moving slowly and then speeds up. This shouldn't be this way, it should only speed up if you move your analogue stick further than you already are. 

This can make for awkward aiming in certain situations, especially when players are running and zig-zagging against you. My second gripe is that we are unable to switch shoulders. This was something that was flawlessly executed in MP3, left D-pad for left shoulder, right D-pad fir right shoulder. Why R* didn't do the same for GTAV is beyond me. Instead we can now toggle our flashlights on the right D-pad... who the hell cares abou that sh*t.

No shoulder switching makes me really worried that the game will be plagued by corner shooters just as GTA IV was, my only hope is that V's more fast paced and smaller maps will make corner shooting much more difficult.

Anyway all in all, I'm very happy with this game but not at all interested in the deathmatch aspect so far. I've actually won all my deathmatches so far and got a K/D of 3 or something, but I just don't like it :/

EDIT: And to EasternMonkey. Real classy lmao :lol:

• coach_wargo likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

gripe is that we are unable to switch shoulders. This was something that was flawlessly executed in MP3, left D-pad for left shoulder, right D-pad fir right shoulder. Why R* didn't do the same for GTAV is beyond me. Instead we can now toggle our flashlights on the right D-pad... who the hell cares abou that sh*t.

No shoulder switching makes me really worried that the game will be plagued by corner shooters just as GTA IV was, my only hope is that V's more fast paced and smaller maps will make corner shooting much more difficult.

For the limited period of time I've played this, that's been a concern of mine too. Why they decided to take that out just doesn't seem to be explainable. One point to add to the corner shooting tactic, correct me if I'm wrong, but that was always taken advantage of in IV by players who limited the weapons to rifles only for the most part, hence removing SMG's / grenades and the effectiveness of vehicles (I'm assuming and hoping this can't be the case in GTAO??)

Apologies for posting here, but also wanted to say I share the same feelings as you Blaz, about the whole fun factor and seemingly not having the options from the get-go to play the style of modes offered in IV.

Still a lot of fun to be had in very different ways,  look forward to hopefully playing against you all soon :) 

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by docrikowski, 06 October 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Never really used the shoulder thing in MP3 and in RDR (always thought was pretty much useless) so not worried by that but I can understand some people got used to it. ;)

@aj: to be honest I don't understand the complaint about the allegedly lack of "get-go to play". That's exactly what I did yesterday. And it was my 2nd time playing the GTAO!

When connection issues caused by the launch of GTAO are not there, the game has been designed exactly to be a "get-go to play" one. Even more than IV imo, where sometimes you got stuck in lobbies for ages.

In V you can completely skip FM just like I used to do in RDR.

FM is just a lobby. You can play in it or not. It doesn't affect your possibility to participate in PvP right after you connected to GTAO.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm done playing this game until they fix it... I just got onto GTA V again and my character has gone!

There's no point in playing if it's going to revoke my progress and I have to do that f*cking tutorial again.

The online is fun... but they really did a piss poor job with the cloud servers. In fact a piss poor job would be giving them credit.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 06 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

correct me if I'm wrong, but that was always taken advantage of in IV by players who limited the weapons to rifles only for the most part, hence removing SMG's / grenades and the effectiveness of vehicles (I'm assuming and hoping this can't be the case in GTAO??)

And I will correct you... :D

Everyone took advantage of it! Whether it was AR's. SMG's, Pistols or hell even shotguns and snipers. As soon as you had a competitive match with people who knew what the hell they were doing they would abuse the sh*t out of it. Corner shooting with assault rifles is probably the most famous case because that is the weapon of choice for many 1v1's where the corner shooting was most prevelant, in normal deathmatches people would move around more, therefore making corner shooting harder. It is just as easy to corner shoot with an SMG or pistol though ;) not quite so with the sniper lol :lol:

EDIT: Stupid new GTAF layout. How the f*ck do I remove my quote within aj's quote :dontgetit:

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by Andy_May, 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

I'm done playing this game until they fix it... I just got onto GTA V again and my character has gone!

There's no point in playing if it's going to revoke my progress and I have to do that f*cking tutorial again.

The online is fun... but they really did a piss poor job with the cloud servers. In fact a piss poor job would be giving them credit.

I think if you played when the game told you the cloud was unavailable and you chose to continue instead of retry or back you can lose your character.

What ever you do don't a make a new character as R* are looking into ways to restore lost item/characters. If you do at least make on in a different slot, just in case.

Edit: Just looked on the R* support page an saw this " If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable ". Now I'm not sure if this is talking about characters in general or just temps but it could be the cause.

Link - http://support.rocks...ents-and-or-in-

game-money-in-GTA-Online

Edit 2 : SPaG

Mr Crasso
  • Mr Crasso

VROOOOOOOOoooom... *crashes*

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Man, GTAO has been barely working, but tonight, after playing with some of you guys, what a great time I had (even if for just a few games).

To me, I feel that GTAO is really well designed, and in time it will be great, when it finally gets playable on the weekends.

It just seems so much better than IV, with the exception of no turf wars lol (is that going to be available eventually?).

Anyway, add me! Only got a few of you friended atm (leroy, explicitmo...), I think I'm gonna be around a lot.

PSN: AntiChristo

Cheers!

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

Man, GTAO has been barely working, but tonight, after playing with some of you guys, what a great time I had (even if for just a few games).

To me, I feel that GTAO is really well designed, and in time it will be great, when it finally gets playable on the weekends.

It just seems so much better than IV, with the exception of no turf wars lol (is that going to be available eventually?).

Anyway, add me! Only got a few of you friended atm (leroy, explicitmo...), I think I'm gonna be around a lot.

PSN: AntiChristo

Cheers!

Add me again Anti. I will also invite you to the DDZN Crew on Rockstar Social Club.

What's your username in there?

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

This is why I wasn't online last night... I start work at 6:30am today haha. FML =/

How are the server issues?

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

It happened to work fine yesterday. Although 3 of my friends lost their character and had to start over again. That tutorial is a pain to go through every time that happens.

barney1610
  • barney1610

sh*t hapens when you party naked

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Can somebody please confirm that when I try to choose a colour at Los Santos Customs that is locked and the requirement to unlock it is to complete 25 stunt jumps.......does that mean online or offline? I imagine it's online but just wana make sure before I go on a stunt run for no reason.

If it is online, who wants to come on a stunt run one day?

I just wana unlock lime green for ma wheels!!

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Can somebody please confirm that when I try to choose a colour at Los Santos Customs that is locked and the requirement to unlock it is to complete 25 stunt jumps.......does that mean online or offline? I imagine it's online but just wana make sure before I go on a stunt run for no reason.

You can unlock matte lime green by winning a sea race... That's the easiest lime green to get!
  • barney1610 likes this

barney1610
  • barney1610

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by barney1610, 08 October 2013 - 08:12 AM.

You can unlock matte lime green by winning a sea race... That's the easiest lime green to get!

All hands on deck!!

Cheers Alx  :^:

Edit: now I think about it I have actually unlocked a lime green but only for the actual bodywork of my car......and if I remember correctly I've already won a race on a jet-ski. So maybe unlocking it for the wheels means you've got to do the stunt jumps?

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'd join you on a stunt run anyways... sounds like fun. We need a map though. working til 7pm today though... :/

barney1610
  • barney1610

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

I'd join you on a stunt run anyways... sounds like fun. We need a map though. working til 7pm today though... :/

I won't be on until later anyway, say about 8pm GMT (ish). And there's plenty of videos on YouTube so I'll just have my iPad next to me :D

• explicitmo likes this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

I won't be on until later anyway, say about 8pm GMT (ish). And there's plenty of videos on YouTube so I'll just have my iPad next to me :D

Awesome, I just get blazed and follow then... :D

Think I'm gonna tune me a Dukes of hazzard kind of car for it, with the right horn sounds and orange colorway. YEEEEHAW!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users