D1RTY12 [DDZN]

Trained. Excited. Armed.
21,333 replies to this topic
Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

:^:  to both of you. Online missions, houses, robbing stores, yeah its all nice but FFS atleast let us play the original modes from IV!

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

You'll get barely any ping difference as the hosting is done by rockstar so no more "super host" and advantages people get by having good Internet or crap Internet!

I reckon hit detection and lag will be good!

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think R* need to gift everyone some of the LS dollars they are selling online !!

• booshthelurker and coach_wargo like this

ChokingChild
  • ChokingChild

No Time To Breathe

• D1RTY12

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

I think R* need to gift everyone some of the LS dollars they are selling online !!

+1

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:50 PM Edited by Andy_May, 02 October 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Just set a world record for the tutorial race, that or it was a glitch!

Is anyone else getting an error saying the Cloud or Sociclubal is unavailable? I'm constantly getting it and It means I don't get the DDZN tag and I can't use the emblem!

It also seems to mean that my character won't save. I've made them about 5 times now and seeing as I already hated Lamar you can imagine how I must feel after listening to him saying the same stuff 5 times over.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Just set a world record for the tutorial race, that or it was a glitch!

Is anyone else getting an error saying the Cloud or Sociclubal is unavailable? I'm constantly getting it and It means I don't get the DDZN tag and I can't use the emblem!

It also seems to mean that my character won't save. I've made them about 5 times now and seeing as I already hated Lamar you can imagine how I must feel after listening to him saying the same stuff 5 times over.

Haha yeah I've set about 5 of those world records... my best is 2min29 since I've done that f*cking race about 4 times already!

It says I'm not in a crew either... looks like I'll be playing this at the weekend. I'm giving it a rest because it's pissing me off earning money and levels for them to not save.

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by Andy_May, 02 October 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Haha yeah I've set about 5 of those world records... my best is 2min29 since I've done that f*cking race about 4 times already!

It says I'm not in a crew either... looks like I'll be playing this at the weekend. I'm giving it a rest because it's pissing me off earning money and levels for them to not save.

I turned my system off and reset my router and everything seems to work okay now. Although I'm still unable to join any friends but at least I can play!

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by docrikowski, 02 October 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Guys, I think you are all a bit overreacting.

A videogame should never be a reason for serious disappointment.

There are other things you can do just in case your GTAO doesn't work... Try sex. ;)

Anyway, the issues are understandable imo and ffs they should just be just a minor thing in your real life.

Let's all try for a minute to see things from the right perspective.

In your gaming life this is just a small delay of your GTAO gaming experience, an experience that can and will last for months.

Just wait and play some other day. That way you will avoid disappointment and rage for sure.

Sorry boosh but this had me LMAO badly:

I'm too busy to play atm, but it's unacceptable to sell a product you can't provide and I'm sick of reading about people not being able to play online yet. People who took off from work and are suffering opportunity loss in personal time and pay. 

You are not even playing and you are upset? :D

Sorry but if people took time off from work or are "suffering opportunity loss in personal time and pay" for a f*cking videogame then it's their own fault if they are disappointed. They put a f*cking videogame as the number 1 priority in their life, a videogame ffs! :pp

@leroy: google, FB and Twitter has to handle data that is mostly numerical and static. They are just giant "boxes" with stuff in it. It's quite naive to compare a complicated online world like the one created by R* to a bunch of sites that btw never started in their first day with millions of users but just with a few hundreds...

Also those are sites that have been existing/testing for years now (and allow me to say that FB and Twitter interface still looks like the internet of the 90s...).

You guys are complaining at day 2 of a project that has never even attempted before.

---

They probably did fill a warehouse with servers for October 1st but that's no guarantee that things will work.

GTAO is not something that can be tested in advance.

It's not just a shooter with a map.... ;)

• TASO likes this

booshthelurker
  • booshthelurker

Muckraker

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

Doc I stand by my position - I have no problem showing empathy for my friend's situation. Heck, if you have major life changes that caused your relationship to game to change radically I'd even sympathize for you despite the fact I'm not dealing with the same things... Is that so :D to you?

You are free to have you opinion about other peoples priorities, but ultimately it's their free time it's not your place to judge how they lead their lives especially since it doesn't effect you. If it does effect you - for instance you have to read their posts complaining about an unsatisfactory online gaming experiences - well I don't know what to tell you.  

Yes, it is only video game, but it's a bought and paid for product and the consumer is allowed to have grievances if the product is faulty. I don't even need to defend that by the way, and I don't need to keep in mind that Rockstar is attempting a "project that has never even attempted before." 

All I am doing is speaking as a consumer who feels like they have been sold a product that doesn't meet the expectations made by the seller. What are you doing defending the seller, or just going on a forum tired after a long day at work and not in the mood to read complaints? Actually, this whole response is probably me doing just that lol ;)

• SCAR. and barney1610 like this

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by MarcoTheftAuto, 03 October 2013 - 05:22 AM.

It's pretty f*cking annoying but then I read one comment that makes sense.
Why spend so much more on more servers nwhen after a few weeks it will only be a few hundred thousand on at a time then the rest of them server things will have been a waste, I dunno I'm no expert but I got over it now am just gonna have to wait.
Only did a bit of free mode last night then got bored.

Also everyone that races sets a new world record low because nothing saved in the cloud so every time it will think it's a new one.

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Got your point doc.

But they are making video games, they should have some experiences, millions played GTA IV, RDR, MP3..

I am busy in the last days, so my SP is around 35% and i think is my PB, so it will stay like that i suppose. Will wait some days until i'll be able at least to play some games with the crew members..

Not a big deal, life goes on..

Marco for the same reason we should say, you make profit anyway, why is not enough 10$ from everyone, and you want 50$?

If they sold millions of copies, they should expect millions of players, they should provide a stable online experience from day one, because they are not noobies in the business.

That's just my point of view.

We act like addicts.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well it's not like it's 2007 when online games were first starting off... Sony and developers have had 6 years+ of experience!

Not to mention even larger games like Battlefield 3, which put a higher demand on the PS3 and connection launched fine! Yes they have EA as backing, but there's no reason why Rockstar can't be as good as EA.

It's an expensive game too... I don't just spend £40 for no reason. That could buy me a good night out or a meal for two at Nandos or something! 

I also only buy games for the online side so I was annoyed enough that online wasn't available from the start!

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by Andy_May, 03 October 2013 - 11:52 AM.

I'm with Doc here. I think taking time off work for a game is a bit excessive.

And guys don't blame R* for the game not working on PS3 it was actually Sony's fault. There was an issue with PSN servers that was stopping people from getting online, so it was down to Sony not R*! Plus these people complaining about them paying for the game and it not working are technically wrong, you haven't paid for it, GTA Online is a separate product that R* are giving to owners of GTA V for free.

And I'd just like to note, money isn't everything! Just because R* made millions from GTA V doesn't mean they can guarantee perfect stability when it goes live. A game like GTA Online can't really be tested like other games, while they could of done a stress test like MMOs normally do before a big server change I'm sure there was a good reason why they didn't.

• Doc Rikowski likes this

rnz1369
  • rnz1369

Im too damn old for this nonsense.

• D1RTY12

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

its not a project that has never been attempted before. world of warcraft, league of legends, stracraft, planetside, all free roam games with 100's if not 1000's of players in a server, rockstar cant make 16 in a server work. Its a poorly introduced, poorly tested mp game. The thing that pisses me off is that loads of players will try the mp, see that it doesnt work and dont come back again, its not the guys at gtaforums but the random players like some of my coworkers are like this. I swear this is all calculated, make the mp crap the first month, get a third less traffic. It is redicilous, and the worst thing is, we have been saying for more then a year there where going to be problems with it, but for some reason rockstar doesnt want to see it, or doesnt care. it will probably work after a while, but its redicilous that two days after the scheduled release, it STILL doesnt work.

• Gazziboy likes this

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Works fine for me. the only problems I really have now are on my end, i.e. my internet is messed up.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by -alx-ndr-, 03 October 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Works fine for me too! I haven't died yet either so I'm quite happy... 3rd deathmatch now, played 1 last team standing too and got 3 kills!
There are a LOT of noobs who can't free aim so killing them is a piece of piss. Not played any auto aim and I don't want to... Sounds a bit crap.

Edit: I've been on a loading screen for 10mins... This can't be normal. God damn... It's like I'm playing it on a ps1!

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's an expensive game too... I don't just spend £40 for no reason. That could buy me a good night out or a meal for two at Nandos or something! 

Games aren't just for a night though, you can spend that every night lol but a game is a one off payment for unlimited hours of fun thousands of hours out of one game for 4O pounds compared to going out and not even remembering what happened and where the money gone lol that's why games out of everything in life have more value especially games like GTA.
But for f*ck sake fix this online sh*t now I can't even get my ps3 online which is funny because no other device that connects to the internet never has trouble, if it's like this with ps4 then I should just get rid of it straight away but I just can't.

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Not liking the online so far. at all.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Yeah it's still all f*cked... When it actually works its really good! But that's about 1 time out of every 10 tries!
I really don't have time to watch a loading screen... I've got my laptop next to me so I can watch tv episodes while the game is loading!

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

I actually am talking about when its working. The whole new concept is just...BAD. The weapon system (why do I have to buy f*cking ammo when I play DM? Why do I get to play with someone with assault rifle when all I have is a f*cking pistol? And why the f*ck do I need to get to level 5463753 to use a f*cking sniper rifle?), the "its all around free roam" feeling, it just sucks. Really, REALLY disappointing.

• rnz1369 and Gazziboy like this

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by MarcoTheftAuto, 03 October 2013 - 07:37 PM.

That's what I like about my new tv; it has picture in picture so I can watch TV in the corner lol good for these situations I guess.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

I actually am talking about when its working. The whole new concept is just...BAD. The weapon system (why do I have to buy f*cking ammo when I play DM? Why do I get to play with someone with assault rifle when all I have is a f*cking pistol? And why the f*ck do I need to get to level 5463753 to use a f*cking sniper rifle?), the "its all around free roam" feeling, it just sucks. Really, REALLY disappointing.

Weapon system is fine... With blips on there's no unfair camping so you can take these guys down even if you have a pistol.
In my first game I was against some crew who had smgs... Just zig-zag to get closer then two shots in the head.
They can't aim... At least not on the level of ddzn or tec players! Just remember you're better than them...

You're not playing auto aim are you?

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Uh...No?

Weapon system is not fine, this is the dumbest thing they could implement to the game. SMG's are not the problem, when people start to get advanced rifles/combat MG with double the accuracy and double the range, thats when you're gonna have problems no matter how much you "zig-zag" (and I'm not even talking about sniper rifles). So you've played against couple of people who couldn't aim, thats not a representative example. Oh, and I don't wanna play day and night just to be able to get a f*cking decent weapon to shot with, I (all of us) have life you know.

This is not a pickup&play like IV was, this is bullsh*t with no real purpose. The only thing I find ok is the co-op missions, but they aswell get extremely repetitive and boring. I seriously miss the IV experience, just can't tell how much disappointed I am, can't belive this is the game I've been waiting for over an year, such a letdown. If there won't be any patch to fix most of this, I might as well sell the game, this is how disappointed I am.

• rnz1369 likes this

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by Andy_May, 03 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

You're not playing auto aim are you?

Not in a millions years!

I think that the weapon system is fine as it is. It's not like ammo costs much.

------------

You're right It's not pick up and play. It's closer to an MMO, Like R* wanted it to be. You don't need to play for hours to get new weapons, pick a weapon up in a DM and you keep it.

tootricky
  • tootricky

Totally Fraked

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hello DDZNers!

I'm hoping some of you may remember an old PS3 GTA4 turf wars veteran who's been off the radar for a few years (kids, job, blah)

Now, I know strictly speaking you don't seem to be recruiting atm, but I wondered if an old comerade in arms could get on the waiting list for when you are?

I probably can't shoot the side of a barn door in free aim anymore (getting old!) but whilst I polish up my sniper skills I'm sure I'd make a good meat-shield in a pinch!

All the best

toot

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Uh...No?

Weapon system is not fine, this is the dumbest thing they could implement to the game. SMG's are not the problem, when people start to get advanced rifles/combat MG with double the accuracy and double the range, thats when you're gonna have problems no matter how much you "zig-zag" (and I'm not even talking about sniper rifles). So you've played against couple of people who couldn't aim, thats not a representative example. Oh, and I don't wanna play day and night just to be able to get a f*cking decent weapon to shot with, I (all of us) have life you know.

This is not a pickup&play like IV was, this is bullsh*t with no real purpose. The only thing I find ok is the co-op missions, but they aswell get extremely repetitive and boring. I seriously miss the IV experience, just can't tell how much disappointed I am, can't belive this is the game I've been waiting for over an year, such a letdown. If there won't be any patch to fix most of this, I might as well sell the game, this is how disappointed I am.

Yeah it's a steep learning curve, but that's nothing you can't handle though? You're a good player from what I can remember...

You're right, I've been lucky not bumping into good crews! Not died yet, but I know I will today... I've only played a couple of tdms, those road battle things and a last team standing...

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by Blaz00r, 03 October 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Hello DDZNers!

I'm hoping some of you may remember an old PS3 GTA4 turf wars veteran who's been off the radar for a few years (kids, job, blah)

Now, I know strictly speaking you don't seem to be recruiting atm, but I wondered if an old comerade in arms could get on the waiting list for when you are?

I probably can't shoot the side of a barn door in free aim anymore (getting old!) but whilst I polish up my sniper skills I'm sure I'd make a good meat-shield in a pinch!

All the best

toot

Yo! Saw you online today and been wondering why you didn't post in our thread :) Good to see you back! Might wanna check our private forum? don't see any reason why you can't join?...

You're right It's not pick up and play. It's closer to an MMO, Like R* wanted it to be. You don't need to play for hours to get new weapons, pick a weapon up in a DM and you keep it.

I'm yet to find a serious weapon in DM that wasn't a lame combat pistol. I did manage to get a carbine rifle off the military base, the thing is you can't buy ammo for it because its locked to level 38 if I'm not mistaken, so what gives? Reaching this level will probably take hours of play, I just want to have all normal game modes from IV and hop straight into them just as we did in IV without all of the MMO crap. Seriously, this is plain stupid.

@ alx - just imagine what is going to happen when people reach the required level for the RPG/grenade launcher, this is going to be a complete mess, do you really think you'll be able to cope with that, as good as you are?

And btw - you can't see people's blips if they are in stealth mode (they appear when they start shooting which most of the times is too late), so there actually is an unfair camping.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hello DDZNers!

All the best

toot

Welcome back, its like old times again. Does anyone want to do a destruction derby Saturday night ?

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by -alx-ndr-, 03 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

@ alx - just imagine what is going to happen when people reach the required level for the RPG/grenade launcher, this is going to be a complete mess, do you really think you'll be able to cope with that, as good as you are?
And btw - you can't see people's blips if they are in stealth mode (they appear when they start shooting which most of the times is too late), so there actually is an unfair camping.

Haha I'm not good... Yet. Still rusty after 5 years of playing call of duty and battlefield!

I reckon matchmaking will work so that low level players aren't put in with high level... It's done by skill level too so that's what the KDR is for.

I don't know... I don't believe that they were that short sighted because I kinda agree with you, but we should be ok as we have the game early! It's the Christmas players who will get screwed...
  • Andy_May likes this

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Matchmaking is most of the time pointless because we mostly play with each other.

To make myself clear - I don't give a flying f*ck about levels, ranking etc, I just want to play the goddamn game and enjoy it. Take Doc for example, he doesn't have time for gaming lately, and when he will have, he will probably want to play with the rest of us. But wait...while the lot of us will have access to the better weapons, he will have to use some crappy low level ones...does that seem right? f*ck no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users