• D1RTY12

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

defend? cover? naaah.

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

The One Who Knocks

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by coach_wargo, 27 September 2013 - 02:46 PM.

@ alx-ndr. How much are you investing in the stock market? 80% your money on hand, 50%? Thanks for the help.

And who would have thought we would be discussing fake investing in a video, lol.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

@ alx-ndr. How much are you investing in the stock market? 80% your money on hand, 50%? Thanks for the help.

And who would have thought we would be discussing fake investing in a video, lol.

100% with all 3 characters, but save first in case you make a mistake... When you're risking all your money be careful!

So you put 100% all in to a stock that's going to be affected by the story or a mission... I.e. Gold Coast development before the construction assassination mission.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

So, anyone slightly disappointed by this game so far? :D

stev150
  • stev150

MUFC

• D1RTY12

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

its a very good game i think online is where rockstar have focused more this time . after IV being such a huge hit online 

its not perfect but no game is not for everyone . 

i enjoyed the story . but i get bored on Sp now waiting to see what MP is like but for me i dont think it will be as big as IV was imo  . hope im wrong 

• barney1610 likes this

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by krashdown, 29 September 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Theres some features missing that really annoy me for some reason. (eg. cannot drive trains, cannot enter burger shot/cluckin bell anymore, cannot replace Franklins crappy bike with a better one, crap motorbike handling, cars are built like tanks but sometimes explode with no warning :/ ..)

• TASO and A J like this

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I believe the reason cars explode for no reason is because they have a kind of soft spot which, if hit, will cause the car to explode.

Personally I'm quite disappointed that you can't buy safe houses in SP

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I cant say Im dissapointed but I must say I expected more. more in terms marco mentioned, cops thing, garage bug and maybe few more things. And like stev said, IV was an experience I hardly doubt V will beat. I hope so.. I dont want to be more dissapointed as Im allready.

I cant wait to get together with only other 15 at same!!:/ :p

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

How can anyone say they're disappointed when online is not even out yet? SP is great and all, but to be frank, most (if not all) of us bought the game for its online. Saying V's online won't beat IV's? Oh come on. V has the potential to be x100 better then IV, and I can't see why it won't happen.

stev150
  • stev150

MUFC

• D1RTY12

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

ur missing my point  . it might be better game wise like u said we dont know till v is online  but as IV was the 1st and where we all became a RL friends etc . that experience was amazing and for me i dont think this time round i wont get that same feeling , just my opinion bro 

• TASO likes this

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Well in this case I totally agree with you :^: I was talking gameplay-wise only. IV experience was definitely one-of-a-kind one that got us all together, from the first moments of TW nights to forming the gang (all credits to doc for both :happy:). All we can do now is hope V will bring us good moments at least as IV have :^:

• coach_wargo likes this

stev150
  • stev150

MUFC

• D1RTY12

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

well put Blaz  :^:

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think it's going to be better online than IV because of the amount of customisation and personalisation it's going to have. You can drive cars that are in your favourite colour, type and style... then you have the character customisation, which is also pretty cool.

With GTA IV everyone looked the same as the character customisation was limited and people wore whatever the top level clothing or motorcycle helmet was... or if they didn't want to be seen they just wore all black.

Also there is a crazy amount of opportunity for DLC and add ons in this game... plenty of bars, clubs and shops could be added to be game, which I'm sure they might do! 

Then there are obvious deathmatch and turf war locations around the map such as the quarry and the saw mill... those alone are probably better than most GTA IV turfs in terms of the variation of the terrain...

I just think tomorrow is going to be awesome! Sadly I'm working all day during the daytime, but can everyone please add me again who doesn't have me already on PSN =D 

PSN is alx-ndr

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

0_0.jpg

Just experimenting (apparently this scene is a RDR easter egg ??)

• booshthelurker likes this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• D1RTY12

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

I agree, nothing can repeat the awesomeness that we had when IV made us get together. I still believe that V will be a better online game in any possible way. Customization wise, gameplay wise, and all the free DLC that R* will make over the months to come. Like Alx said, the map gives a lot of oppertunities for really kool DM and TW locations, I was already looking for a few places for destruction derby and fight clubs aswell and found some kool spots. Really hope that the TW creator will be coming soon, as we basically can only do races and DMs straight of the beginning of GTA online.

Will work a lot these days so I probably will give it a first try on Thursday, hope to see a lot of you online then.

C'ya

BTW, I bought Ammunation stocks in SP caus I didnt do all the assisination missions the way I was supposed to get rich, think it's a good move? I expect the shares to go up as soon as MP runs, caus everybody will probably buy weapons first so the shares should rise like a mofo...

barney1610
  • barney1610

sh*t hapens when you party naked

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

BTW, I bought Ammunation stocks in SP caus I didnt do all the assisination missions the way I was supposed to get rich, think it's a good move? I expect the shares to go up as soon as MP runs, caus everybody will probably buy weapons first so the shares should rise like a mofo...

Buy stocks in Hawk & Little, they make the guns ;)

• -alx-ndr- likes this

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Buy stocks in Hawk & Little, they make the guns ;)

I did the same! Also buying stocks in the most used cars would be a good idea... maybe Karin because of the Sultan RS? I reckon that'll be a popular online vehicle... Then you have the fastest car in the game the Adder so maybe it's a good idea to invest in Truffade? 

This is all speculation... I'm going to wait and see what happens at launch then buy those stocks. It's a better idea because you won't be left behind if you act as soon as you see a change. 

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Andy_May, 30 September 2013 - 04:36 PM.

I advise you get Hawk & Little stocks anyway. When I got them they were around $1 each.

Might be a good idea to invest in LS Customs too, seeing as people will be modding their cars a lot. And maybe the clothing brands like Ponsonbys as people need clothes too.

I really am loving the whole stock thing. Once you get the basics it can add so much to the game.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Anyone managed to steal the Titan from the army base yet?

I got it off the runaway and halfway to los santos before the engines failed and I crashed =( Died SOOO many times!

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Don't think you can...its slow as f*ck, only reason I managed to steal the Buzzard and the Fighter Jet is because they were fast, with the Titan/Tank is a whole different story, too slow to evade being shot down when escaping.

• TASO likes this

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Titan should be doable online, at least I hope it will be. And the tank can be bought so that isn't much of a problem really.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:58 PM Edited by -alx-ndr-, 30 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Don't think you can...its slow as f*ck, only reason I managed to steal the Buzzard and the Fighter Jet is because they were fast, with the Titan/Tank is a whole different story, too slow to evade being shot down when escaping.

0_0.jpg

I finally did it!!! You have to lure the tanks away from them to the far side of the base then quickly drive back and grab it...

Then I had to duck down really low behind the warehouses to avoid the missiles they fire at you... only took about $500,000 in deaths =/

Annoying thing is... when it saves you can't fly it again because it's too big for the hanger so the wings fall off every time you go to fly it =( FUUUU rockstar.

I would wait until rockstar sort out all the bugs with hangars/garages before you try to grab it because it took too much effort for it not to save properly...

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Just an update on our first page post number 1:

When GTAF changed forum software basically the tables original BB code has been converted into "something else".

You can see that "something else" in our second post.

No big deal cause basically the "look" of tables stayed visually ordered.

Problem is when you try to edit the page.

That "order" will disappear for good.

And that is what happened to our first post when I edited it.

I edited it to add the topic sub-title (Trained. Excited. Armed) that was also gone with the software update.

That caused the tables to disappear and the roster to become basically a paragraphed text.

Kinda improved it now but it still needs to be updated and put in a fashionable way. ;)

As for tables... They'll be back. They're working on it but it ain't easy as it looks when there are tons of data involved and 10 years of posts and topics. :)

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• D1RTY12

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Soooo, people are bitching about how bad online is already... actually I am happy that I won't be able to play it before Thursday (I guess)... anyone of y'all tried it yet?

A review from somebody I (kinda) know is better than all those teenage assholes that cry about how bad it is already after 2 hours or something... probably the same dudes that were crying about missing fingerless gloves in GTA4.

Server issues are understandable, but I wonder how the gameplay and graphics really look like.

barney1610
  • barney1610

sh*t hapens when you party naked

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

As expected Ex, the servers are broke lol. Well from what I've heard it's chaos and lots of people are struggling to even get into games.

Seriously, what did anyone expect when you bring out one of the most anticipated games of all time, teasing people with what they can expect to do with a single player campaign then release an online experience at a later date, opening it to everyone in the world at the same time.

It's like an episode of The Simpsons where Mr Burns goes to a clinic to be tested for suspected diseases he may have. Turns out he has EVERY SINGLE DISEASE know to man but they are all keeping each other at bay by trying to squeeze through an "imaginary door" all at one time :p

I love the Simpsons

• A J likes this

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

lol I can't get online and the "temporary" character customisation is a bit crap... hopefully they'll release a better one when the servers function properly!

They didn't plan this very well did they, I'd imagine someone at rockstar is getting fired today haha

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

I've been trying for a while and can't get online. Tried going into a solo game but now I can't even do the tutorial because the race trigger is missing!

I don't really blame R* for the server problems seeing as there must be an unbelievable amount of people trying to get online but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have handled it better, i.e. release to it different regions a different times instead of making it available worldwide at the same time.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by -alx-ndr-, 02 October 2013 - 12:52 AM.

Ok I got solo mode to work because the race didn't automatically start one time...

Few photos of the internet sites showing the properties and vehicles you can purchase. Not sure if you guys have seen this or not... but I'll post em anyway!

2vaayon.jpg

Two new vehicles there called the Khamelion and the Carbon R... locked of course. The amount of cars you can buy covers all of the cars I think so you can own Futos and Sabres online.

14ybpnc.jpg

You can buy the Annihilator online so that's good news for pilots...

15e8cix.jpg

I posted this large (click it to enlarge) so you can see how many garages, safe houses etc... there are! Looks pretty sick... garage sizes range from 2 cars to 10 cars and theres many to chose from!

• barney1610 and Andy_May like this

booshthelurker
  • booshthelurker

Muckraker

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by booshthelurker, 02 October 2013 - 07:54 AM.

I'm kinda simple so I apologize in advance.

Not really looking to play the SP online myself. I just want some plain old PVP action where we aim our guns and kill the other guy. It doesn't need to be super fancy, have custom skins, or an apartment with a stripper. All I ask is connectivity to be spot on, people with sh*t pings to be kicked, hit detection to be dialed in, and loading times to be reasonable.

Instead of trying to make the largest online experience try making the most stable, well executed online experience. Don't over extend and expect the consumer to have compassion for your inability to deliver the product you sold. Seriously? How about my payment for the game only partially clears -  you know how it is with this economy these days Rockstar? Right? Naw, didn't think so...

I'm too busy to play atm, but it's unacceptable to sell a product you can't provide and I'm sick of reading about people not being able to play online yet. People who took off from work and are suffering opportunity loss in personal time and pay. The digital download fiasco was bad enough, but the second rate service continues. 

GTAV is not a failure, but it's the most luke warm success I imagined. IMHO of course  :blink:

• D1RTYŽ, Blaz00r, Nitty Don and 3 others like this

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by leroy46, 02 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

I am with you.

We read about 800 mil $ in 24h, 1 billion in 3 days.. nice, all respect.

Has anyone had (just maybe) the idea to fill some warehouses with servers and expect the big boom on october 1st?

If google, facebook, twitter can handle millions at same time, also a company filled with computer g33kz can (NOT).

My plan B is still BF4 and PS4, sold MP3 just for the MP bullsh*t going on..

I tried to not have big expectations that lead to big disappointments but..

• D1RTYŽ and booshthelurker like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users