Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

Trophies? What's that? :D

Gazziboy
  • Gazziboy

Thug

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Doc we are just sticking up for what we believe in. Just like the DWB bunch did know whatta mean.

V is totally different to IV. Driving is like driving a Red Bull X1. I know you dont know what that car is. Just google it.

I much prefer IV racing, but that not to say im excited for V racing, and random off road exploring. It'll be just noob friendly thats all. A step in the wrong direction.

All the shootists would be moaning if GTA was auto aim only and saying almost the same thing as we are.

I hope you understand.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Maybe it feels easy cause you were already good at it in IV. Never thought of that? ;)

To be honest I don't see the issue.

Steadier cars, same physics. That's how driving feels to me.

No differences in all the other departments (drifting, breaking, etc)

---

Gotta fix our 1st post... New forum f*cked it up big time...

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:53 AM Edited by CakePicnic, 24 September 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Maybe it feels easy cause you were already good at it in IV. Never thought of that? ;)

To be honest I don't see the issue.

Steadier cars, same physics. That's how driving feels to me.

No differences in all the other departments (drifting, breaking, etc)

Ehh, gotta disagree with you on that Doc. I like the handling in IV and V and think both are very fun. But there is a huge difference in almost all aspects of the driving. The brakes are insane compared to IV, the handling feels much more like Need for Speed or as an X1 like Gazzi says. And all in all the cars are just much more noob friendly, I don't consider it a problem as  I think it's still fun but it is very different from IV :)

Only issue I have is the after touch you have on vehicles in the air. It seems like the game is holding your hand through it. I can't flip my bike like I want in the air, the game only allows me to try to flip my bike if it knows I will make it and I think it's very annoying. If I wanna take a risk and flip my bike in crazy ways I want to be able to do that :/

EDIT: Also no-tailing has been removed. Why Rockstar?! :(

• D1RTYŽ and coach_wargo like this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• D1RTY12

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by explicitmo, 24 September 2013 - 09:20 AM.

LMAO @ auto-aim-cars

Nice term, Marco! :lol:

It is true that driving is easier, but honestly I am happy not to op over any more lamposts anymore and have the feel that almost every car has the weight of a jumbo jet with worn down tires when breaking. I have my fun with tuning aswell, and just rolling through the city of L.S.

Just hope online races will be njoyable aswell, must be prett kool though when everyone got a unique ride, just picture that.

I totally agree on helicopter handling though, it sucks big time! Got all the jet gold trophies in flight school easily but f*cked up on the chopper ones.

Guess you won't see me piloting too much in this game. I hope the cover system works better online, so you don't have these usual left and right run and gunning situations anymore.

BTW, I did the Lester missions too early, anyone know a good way to make money? I camped those underwater treasures a bit got bored as f*ck with it though and can't be bothered to do it no more... or any stock tips maybe? ;)

Edit: Oh, and please tell me that some one of y'all encountered the "Scooter Brother" moment with Trevor already, it's a random situatuation that Trevor is in after character switching in free roam (so no spoiler really)... funniest sh*t that happened to me in the game yet!!!

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by CakePicnic, 24 September 2013 - 09:20 AM.

BTW, I did the Lester missions too early, anyone know a good way to make money? I camped those underwater treasures a bit got bored as f*ck with it though and can't be bothered to do it no more... or any stock tips maybe? ;)

Only way to effeciently make money is to work the stock market. Find out which stocks fluctuate the most, invest in them when they're low and profit. Or you could try and manipulate it by investing in something like insurance stocks and then drive into cars/people. I've heard mixed results for trying to manipulate the market but it did work for me, made about $5 mill. per character

• leroy46 likes this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• D1RTY12

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Thanks, guess I do that and use a bit of my save function to minimize the risk! :D

I read a lot of stuff of manipulating enemy companies aswell, but also a lot of comments about "...but it didn't really work for me" so I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Stupid me invested in Ifruit and LifeInvader, thought it was like real life and rise through the top. :panic:

barney1610
  • barney1610

sh*t hapens when you party naked

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Edit: Oh, and please tell me that some one of y'all encountered the "Scooter Brother" moment with Trevor already, it's a random situatuation that Trevor is in after character switching in free roam (so no spoiler really)... funniest sh*t that happened to me in the game yet!!!

That sh*t was hilarious :D I followed the guy for ages and Trevor just keeps shouting "SCOOTER BROTHER" haha

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks, guess I do that and use a bit of my save function to minimize the risk! :D

I read a lot of stuff of manipulating enemy companies aswell, but also a lot of comments about "...but it didn't really work for me" so I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Stupid me invested in Ifruit and LifeInvader, thought it was like real life and rise through the top. :panic:

Just keep in mind that theres the BAWSAQ (influenced real-time by all V players) and that other one which is influenced only by your own game  :orly: 

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Easily the best character to switch to ......... I have found Trevor in some funny situations in some cases just in his pants lol !!

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• D1RTY12

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

That sh*t was hilarious :D I followed the guy for ages and Trevor just keeps shouting "SCOOTER BROTHER" haha

Same here, driving all around the state! :D

When I finally killed him, I took a picture of us together to remember him...

Thanks Blaz00r, I didn't know that. Thought both are only affected by SP actions...

• barney1610 likes this

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by krashdown, 24 September 2013 - 03:12 PM.

yeah, Scooter brother! lol

I can see why people don't like the driving physics but i kinda like it because its more like the old gtas.

some sports cars are too crazy though and the motorbike controls really suck.

It will be interesting to see how online races are going to go. i think they will be more even but you racers out there will probably still beat me 100% of the time. (only race i remember winning was the fire truck race we had with Apoclyps3)

Blaz00r
  • Blaz00r

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

It will be interesting to see how online races are going to go. i think they will be more even but you racers out there will probably still beat me 100% of the time. (only race i remember winning was the fire truck race we had with Apoclyps3)

Haha, I remember that one  :lol: Those matches always reminded me why I hate racing in GTA so much, always ended up in one of the last places :miranda:

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Only way to effeciently make money is to work the stock market. Find out which stocks fluctuate the most, invest in them when they're low and profit. Or you could try and manipulate it by investing in something like insurance stocks and then drive into cars/people. I've heard mixed results for trying to manipulate the market but it did work for me, made about $5 mill. per character

Yeah it just doesn't work for me, I think that's because my LCN stocks are completely f*cked up. I compared the prices of some stocks on my game to Cake's, and the prices in mine were several times higher and they're stuck there, fluctuating by 2-3% at most. I can make a profit easy enough but it takes so long for so little profit there's no point (most I've made in one go is $190,000.

I've decided to take risks on the BAWSAQ market instead now. I'm not using the money for anything else and I own half the properties already so f*ck it lol.

Failing that I've learned some things to do and when to do them for my next playthrough ;).

Andy_May
  • Andy_May

GTA V needs more Queen!!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Stupid me invested in Ifruit and LifeInvader, thought it was like real life and rise through the top. :panic:

LifeInvader should have recovered by the time you finished the game.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by -alx-ndr-, 25 September 2013 - 06:19 AM.

I honestly think they made the driving easier because you can drive much faster... it makes for an overall more fun experience I think!

This is coming from someone who does community races on GT5... I love my racing simulators. GTA V simply isn't a racing sim and neither was GTA IV. 

Both IV and V have shockingly unrealistic driving... IV was just slightly more unstable and wobbly like you're driving a shopping trolley/cart. 

What do you guys think about the off road btw?

Stupid me invested in Ifruit and LifeInvader, thought it was like real life and rise through the top.  :panic:

LifeInvader should have recovered by the time you finished the game.

Lifeinvader never recovers... I got one save file to 80% completion and lifeinvader was still -400%

I restarted the game because I played the assassination missions too early! Those you need to do after you get the 30 mil from the final heist.

On my new game I'm on about $350 million with each character from messing with the stock market. http://socialclub.ro.../member/alx-ndr
 I'm going to try to get to $1bil tomorrow... 

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

Driving is fun, but has nothing in common with IV, cars are more steady, and the braking, sliding sideways and the handbrake are quite f*cked up. There is no way you can pull an insane drift at full speed, that was awesome in IV (sometimes lucky, but awesome).

Maybe this will be more similar to a race and not to a destruction derby..

looking forward to MP, SP bores me, expecially when i got busted or wasted.. have to do all over again..

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I'll probably have to start a new game aswell then or I never get the 150 Million to buy the golf course. :/

Wonder if I go for 100% on my broke ass playthrough now or start a new one straight away to be a rich mofo...

Leroy, I can't believe how somebody can get bored of the singleplayer in GTA, before IV I only bought the GTA games for that, awesome story, great sense of humor and what I really love about V, there is a really big variety of missions, not the usual "follow this car" "execute that guy" kind of missions all over. Sure I look forward to MP aswell but if I had to choose, I'd rather had a good story than a multiplayer. To get both is a big plus for R* though! :)

• barney1610 likes this

hudweiser
  • hudweiser

The Closer

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I am really enjoying the game so far; about 60% through. There are some aspects that I wish were expanded, but honestly SP is only half of the game. I'll reserve full judgement until Online launches.

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I was same like you at the first few missions but then story becomes much more interesting when you open all 3 guys.. I like it.

As you said Hud, SP is just a half of a game so I cant wait for october 1st!! :D

• hudweiser likes this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

I was same like you at the first few missions but then story becomes much more interesting when you open all 3 guys.. I like it.

As you said Hud, SP is just a half of a game so I cant wait for october 1st!! :D

And I can't wait to beat ur ass in a fist fight then, for ol' time sake! :evilgrin:

BTW, can anyone tell me how to counter punches? I kinda missed that during the first storyline missions. I always go for the running knockout punch on ped's though! :lol:

barney1610
  • barney1610

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

And I can't wait to beat ur ass in a fist fight then, for ol' time sake! :evilgrin:

BTW, can anyone tell me how to counter punches? I kinda missed that during the first storyline missions. I always go for the running knockout punch on ped's though! :lol:

Press square when they're throwing a punch, time it right and you'll be able to throw a quick one two  :cool:

• explicitmo likes this

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Press square when they're throwing a punch, time it right and you'll be able to throw a quick one two  :cool:

Actually you can just hold it and it works, unless you like more of a challenge :p

• explicitmo likes this

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah it just doesn't work for me, I think that's because my LCN stocks are completely f*cked up. I compared the prices of some stocks on my game to Cake's, and the prices in mine were several times higher and they're stuck there, fluctuating by 2-3% at most. I can make a profit easy enough but it takes so long for so little profit there's no point (most I've made in one go is $190,000.

I've decided to take risks on the BAWSAQ market instead now. I'm not using the money for anything else and I own half the properties already so f*ck it lol.

Failing that I've learned some things to do and when to do them for my next playthrough ;).

2v827pl.jpg

Just made it to 1.7bn!

LCN stocks are tied to story missions and strangers and freaks missions... you have to listen to random people and the radio. The assassination missions give the most payout. Invest in what Lester says before the mission then after the mission invest in the company where stocks fell... they recover!

• barney1610 likes this

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ex, you wanna fight with me and you even dont know how to punch??!? I love you but I want to fight you!! :D

• explicitmo likes this

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

dc8sb4.jpg

YAYYYYYYY... 5th in the world for one of the off road races! I'm top 200 for all the rest too... well happy =D

• barney1610 likes this

barney1610
  • barney1610

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

YAYYYYYYY... 5th in the world for one of the off road races! I'm top 200 for all the rest too... well happy =D

Looks like we have another racer, awesome  :^:

I've noticed that I drive much better when I'm just bombing through the city aimlessly than when I'm on a mission that requires me to drive like a boss  :blink: I obviously can't handle pressure lol.

• Andy_May likes this

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

• D1RTY12

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Ex, you wanna fight with me and you even dont know how to punch??!? I love you but I want to fight you!! :D

I only didn't know how to defend, but I know how to whoop somebody's ass... attack is the best defence! ;)

Can't wait to encounter you in a shootout... both of us switching to fists getting out the car and battle it out like we used to! :D

• TASO likes this

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Looks like we have another racer, awesome  :^:

I've noticed that I drive much better when I'm just bombing through the city aimlessly than when I'm on a mission that requires me to drive like a boss  :blink: I obviously can't handle pressure lol.

Yeah! I'm like that too! If I'm on a mission I hit every car especially if its a car delivery or I can't damage the car!
Street/off road races are no pressure cos you can just restart... I was determined to get number one but 5th was as high as I got... I swear the number 1 guy is hax!

I hope ddzn remember mine and hennings driving skills =D can't wait for a crew vs crew race!

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Ups, I still didnt figured out how to defend. But who cares, Ill brawl with you Ex without defense!! :devil: :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users