Microsoft has great service!

22 replies to this topic
makiaveli777
  • makiaveli777

Keep ya head up

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

seriously its great,
they repaired my xbox in 5 days and they always send you new accesoires if your old one is broken. i have never seen anything like this.
icon14.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

You know what I've never seen before? A system with a 30% failure rate. (source)

Just to balance out your optimism there. I think they'd have a few riots on their hands if they didn't have a quick service turnaround.

Tom_p10
  • Tom_p10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:29 PM Edited by Tom_p10, 09 June 2008 - 06:39 PM.

I agree with otter here.

If they truely cared about their customers and wanted to provide a good service then they would have spend more time working on the xbox in the first place.

After all if you have to wait for your console to break, well within its working life, in order to recieve good service then can it really be good service at all?

oh and the new accesories sounds like a bribe to me.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (makiaveli777 @ Jun 9 2008, 12:35)
seriously its great,
they repaired my xbox in 5 days and they always send you new accesoires if your old one is broken. i have never seen anything like this.
icon14.gif

I agree, although just like the nerds above me it pisses me off that there's a high failure rate, I am satisfied with the service they gave me when they sent me a replacement Xbox.

jersiq
  • jersiq

Division By Zero

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

nevermind me, just mosey on along

Tom_p10
  • Tom_p10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

I suppose what i'm trying to say is:
Yeah they've treated you well, just 5 days for repair and new accesories. Thats pretty good.
But don't fool yourself into thinking that are being really kind. This is the least they could do.

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

the fact that it broke down tells you how great they are.

jersiq
  • jersiq

Division By Zero

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 9 2008, 13:04)
You know what I've never seen before?  A system with a 30% failure rate. (source)

Just to balance out your optimism there.  I think they'd have a few riots on their hands if they didn't have a quick service turnaround.

And to balance out your absurd and acerbic post, let's examine the source:
The article has a date stamp of June 22,2007 which was before the Falcon chips shipped with the units to balance out the Zephyr units. However, I will cast the technological points aside, and look at the thrust of the article. The link from Gizmodo goes to a site called "Smarthouse"First page there says:

Retailers are claiming that Microsoft has had to handle a failure rate of over 30% with their Xbox 360 console.

Continuing through the article, I was looking for the "evidence' to back up this assertion. I go through three pages of someone's dashed desires at the RMA process. It's on the last page (4) that the claim is "backed up."
www.current.com.au wrote recently According to an EB Games store manager, who wished to remain anonymous, failure rates for the Xbox 360 have dropped in recent times but still outweigh hardware failures for competing consoles.

"We are definitely getting faulty hardware returns of the Xbox 360, but no-where near as much as we used to when it first came out," he said.

"On initial launch, it was close to 30 per cent of our [Xbox 360s] were coming back faulty".

So the quote plastered on Gizmodos page was anecdotal evidence, which nonetheless came from a single store. What a sample size! Oh how much easier statistics would be if we weren't bogged down with the minutiae.

I am no fanboy, and I am glad that the OP got what level of service he paid for and is happy with. It would seem that if everyone practiced due diligence, we would all be the wiser.

makiaveli777
  • makiaveli777

Keep ya head up

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

my friends ps3 broke and he has to wait 3.5 months to get it back! so i think the service from microsoft is great, i know its their duty and all but its still good. icon14.gif

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (jersiq @ Jun 10 2008, 21:19)
You know what I've never seen before?  A system with a 30% failure rate. (source)

Just to balance out your optimism there.  I think they'd have a few riots on their hands if they didn't have a quick service turnaround.

The article has a date stamp of June 22,2007 which was before the Falcon chips shipped with the units to balance out the Zephyr units. However, I will cast the technological points aside, and look at the thrust of the article. The link from Gizmodo goes to a site called "Smarthouse"First page there says:

Retailers are claiming that Microsoft has had to handle a failure rate of over 30% with their Xbox 360 console.

Continuing through the article, I was looking for the "evidence' to back up this assertion. I go through three pages of someone's dashed desires at the RMA process. It's on the last page (4) that the claim is "backed up."
www.current.com.au wrote recently According to an EB Games store manager, who wished to remain anonymous, failure rates for the Xbox 360 have dropped in recent times but still outweigh hardware failures for competing consoles.

"We are definitely getting faulty hardware returns of the Xbox 360, but no-where near as much as we used to when it first came out," he said.

"On initial launch, it was close to 30 per cent of our [Xbox 360s] were coming back faulty".

So the quote plastered on Gizmodos page was anecdotal evidence, which nonetheless came from a single store. What a sample size! Oh how much easier statistics would be if we weren't bogged down with the minutiae.

I am no fanboy, and I am glad that the OP got what level of service he paid for and is happy with. It would seem that if everyone practiced due diligence, we would all be the wiser.

Agreed totally. So what if there was a design flaw. It's obvious they're trying to fix it and this topic was about the service you get if/when it breaks, not about the *pushes up glasses in stereotypical nerd way, talks nasal* "30-percent failure rate of the Xbox makes it teh sux."

When my Xbox gave me the RRoD, hell f*ckin yeah I was pissed at MS, but when I gave them a call they asked no questions, didn't even want a receipt, just sent out a box promptly and I sent it in and they sent me a repaired console about 2 weeks later with the new GPU heatsink that I'm confident will make it much less likely that this system will get the RRoD.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

Wave good-bye to your head wanker!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

Wait, I never kept my 360 on for 12 hours straight. Why can't they give me free accessories for having common since?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (jersiq @ Jun 10 2008, 18:19)

Thanks for the rebuttal pops, but I wasn't really relying on the link for anything more than color. Simple sample group of my friends and coworkers (23) revealed 15 red rings of death.

I don't care how stilted the statistics are dude, you can't deny that that is f*cked up. Unacceptable. Just like the framerates when playing Gears of War at 720p. But they keep shovelling it out there, and people keep f*cking buying it.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 19:45)

Or maybe I'm just using a faulty Xbox?

For some reason that sounds like sarcasm.

But the only good thing about MS service is that there quick about, and shove it off like its nothing big at all. Smooth bastards, having consoles break and not giving a damn.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Jun 12 2008, 17:47)
QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 12 2008, 19:45)

Or maybe I'm just using a faulty Xbox?

For some reason that sounds like sarcasm.

No, just more indication of shoving out a product before they were actually finished making it.

I think the XBox is great, but seriously too easy to brick.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

Frame rate drop is a big problem, it creates a horrible lag. However, every game drops at times, especially games made on an engine such as the UT3 one.. I hate people being finnicky.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:10 AM Edited by SyphonPayne, 13 June 2008 - 03:13 AM.

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Jun 12 2008, 22:03)
Frame rate drop is a big problem, it creates a horrible lag. However, every game drops at times, especially games made on an engine such as the UT3 one.. I hate people being finnicky.

Agreed. As I mentioned previously if you want top-notch framerates then you better invest in a gaming pc or otherwise hush about your $400 console having framerate drops that don't happen too often and when they do they don't affect gameplay much. By you I mean anyone that nitpicks console framerate.

By the way this topic's starting to derail I mean can't a guy say he likes something MS did without people prying the console apart and talking about how horrible it is?

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

Their online support is an automated piece of sh*t. My Xbox Live still isn't working and they keep sending the same damn email over and over when I try to explain my problem. icon13.gif

Eeshan
  • Eeshan

Old timer.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

Yes, microsoft has a great service, The are the world's no 1

nutboy
  • nutboy

The Badman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Eeshan @ Jun 13 2008, 13:53)

in 30% failure rate machines. Its like Otter said.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (nutboy @ Jun 13 2008, 09:23)

...we had a long conversation about this last night that appears to have been deleted by a mod... so best to stay on topic, I guess.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Jun 13 2008, 12:28)
QUOTE (nutboy @ Jun 13 2008, 09:23)

...we had a long conversation about this last night that appears to have been deleted by a mod... so best to stay on topic, I guess.

It was actually split... lol...

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (makiaveli777 @ Jun 9 2008, 13:35)
seriously its great,
icon14.gif

Microsoft's Robbie Bach (Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices Group boss):

"The number-one complaint I get from people is that it is taking you too long to fix the console."

Bach said that fans who have gone through two or three defective Xbox 360 consoles only to remain loyal to the brand are representative of the "power of the product offering and service we provide."

Bach continued, "In the ordinary course of something like this, you would expect it to show up in the customer reaction data. We just havenít seen that.

" It speaks to the fact that they love their games and Xbox Live. Does it frustrate them? Yes. On the other hand, they know weíre taking care of them. People have a certain amount of respect for that.

"If it had happened on a product that had less baseline customer satisfaction, it would have had a bigger impact. We really havenít seen that."

Source
I guess it's about the loyality fans have towards the Xbox360/Games, So they say but that doesn't change the fact that the console was defected from the Gecko and should of been fixed beforehand instead of launching it in the condition that it was. sneaky2.gif

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that the Xbox 360 should have been designed better, I'm not quite sure why people keep bringing it up.

This topic is about great (repair) service, and in order to get (repair) service the damn thing has to break right?

Hell Xbox isn't the only console in the world to have problems, I had 3 PS2's that refused to read disks, all three waited until they were out of warranty, guess what I had to buy (yet again) another PS2. At least I have 3 years for my Xbox to break (RRoD) and it can be replaced for free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users