Photo

BP/FP/EP Sabre Turbo on PC

17 replies to this topic
pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

I'll assume that everybody even remotely interestind in acquiring the rare cars in GTA games know how to obtain BP/FP/EP Sabre Turbo on orginal version for PS2, and why that dont work on PC. Or the newer versions for consoles. After you kill Hilary or let him win the race, the car has no "proofnes" anymore.
I just figured a way around it! With cheats for now, to see if there is any point to do it the harder way. You must destroy the car and only then kill Hilary.
I have waited for Hilary on the bridge near the Pizza Store, at the back of Malibu. When he showed up, I used bingbang cheat (that destroyed the car a little bit earlier then killed Hilary) then spawned Rhino and pushed burned out Sabre Turbo to the garage. And that way it kept its unique proprietes- even after saving and loading this save its still BP/FP/EP!
Now trying to do it without cheats. You can bring the tank to the Malibu, park it somewhere safe, so it not unspawns after the mission is started. the wits for Hilary. If you ram his car it explodes OK, but the husk usualy shoots in some random direction, out of the view of the camera, and before I can turn around it disappears. With the single exception, when the damn hust droped into the water...

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

Got it cheatless way too colgate.gif

You need to use the camera setting that places it futherst back from the car, so the most surroundings will be visible. Maybe cinematic view would be even better, but is a little confusing to hit the moving target in that one.
And the best garage to push the husk is el Swanko Casa. Links View is somewhat closer, but at Swanko there is more room to align properly the Rhino, husk of Sabre Turbo, and the garage doors.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

I believe someone had a similar problem from a long way back. The method with cheats like you suggested was theorized to probably work on the PC version, though I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed by anybody before until now. I can't confirm it myself since I have VC PS2 original.

But based on some tests on the PS2, blowing it up and using a Rhino can still be achieved without resorting to cheats. Only that the results would be sort of glitchy, in that the mission wouldn't acknowledge it as killing Hillary and failing the mission. Not sure then if this might work for the PC version.

But in any case, to probably do it cheatless, you can store a Rhino in your Vercetti Mansion before the race, and when you start it, drive to the opposite direction towards the police bribe pick up near Malibu, wait for the 2 stars to flash first, then pick up the bribe to reduce your wanted level.

Drive as fast as you can to the mansion and get the tank, and then rush back to the foot of the bridge where Hillary would appear. You only have about 2:25 minutes to do all of these. As long as you don't figure in any traffic or police hassles along the way, you can reach the mansion in about a little more than a minute, then almost the same time back to the Malibu club. Most of the time, Hillary would have turned the corner already towards the finish line by the time you reach the place. When you see him, just give his car a Rhino bump to destroy it and then just push the wreckage to your nearest garage.

If on the PC this would fail the mission, then you should be able to get the special car without cheats.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

Thanks. I alredy got this car without cheats.
I meant that by may second post in this thread, but now I can see that I didnt make mysefl clear. Out of excitement wink.gif my post ended up sounding like some giberish...

The main problem was, that after initial impact Sabre tended to ricochet out of view, then disappear. I solved it but playing with different camera views.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

Forgive me for reviving this thread, but I bookmarked this topic just in case I started a new game. So I saved this topic for a rainy day and I would like to...

THANK YOU AND GTA_Loco FOR THIS METHOD! I am so happy it actually works! I've finally obtained it after over 9000 attempts and I thought that this vehicle would not be in the Greatest Hits version but it actually is! It seems that the methods on Gamefaqs are made out of fail for the Greatest Hits version but yes, thank you guys so much! colgate.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

after reading the thread & trying to steal the car myself
i figured out another method
(some of the ideas were mentioned in the thread & i reorganize them)
i think it's someway better

1. Get a Tank
2. Drive it to the road next to the bunch of tools shop
3. leave your tank there & RUN/WALK back to malibu to start the mission
(if you get into another car, after starting the mission you tank will be unspawned)
4. (forget about the race &) drive to the opposite direction your car is facing to get the police bribe
5. drive to where you left you tank at, the Tank should be there
(after you drive for such a distance, you are probably not wanted by the cop any more)
6. get in the tank & wait. at about 1:50, Hilary will appear, ram Hilary's car to explode it
7. push* the sabre turbo husk back to Vercetti Mansion Garage
(this garage is quite big & i think it is easier to push the husk in, and there is a straight road leading to the Entrance of the Mansion near the tools shop)

*it'll be easier to push the husk if you manage to
1. flip Hilary's car when exploding it / flip the husk AND
2. pushing from the husk's side

i found it very difficult to push the husk unless the method stated above, i dunno why.
would someone mind telling me other better way in pushing the husk, if any ??

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (p3v @ Jun 6 2009, 17:47)
i found it very difficult to push the husk unless the method stated above, i dunno why.
would someone mind telling me other better way in pushing the husk, if any ??

I'm not sure there are any, besides using the Rhino to your advantage, by pushing the vehicle with it until you get to the garage. That shouldn't take too long if you destroy the vehicle as close to your mansion as possible, as the Rhino has the power to push the destroyed vehicle quicker than any other vehicle. Other than that, I don't think there would be an easier & quicker way.

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

what i meant is that if there are any special ways in pushing the husk with the Tank
such that you can push and make it move at faster speed and hence can push it to garage more easily

i understand that you can't use other car in pushing as they will start to burn soon because of the bumping during the pushing of the husk
white smoke start coming out of my tank when i pushed the husk next to the garage
and it was at that time i find out that Tank is not damage-proof...
but it seems tank is more "durable" to bumping so it is the best choice for pushing the husk--

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:12 AM

I don't think there is mate. Have you tried rotating the turret around 180 and constantly pressing the fire button, to make the Rhino go faster with more projected power?

Vercetti mansion isn't too far away anyway, and it would only take a few minutes of your time to push it there. Seems to be worth it if you want the vehicle so badly.

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:37 AM Edited by p3v, 09 June 2009 - 04:19 AM.

QUOTE (flicko @ Jun 8 2009, 07:12)
Have you tried rotating the turret around 180� and constantly pressing the fire button, to make the Rhino go faster with more projected power?

i dare not
it'll catch the cop attention & as i move slowly during the pushing, i definitely will be busted
i only find pushing the flipped husk from its side works for me
other pushing method are too slow,
such as keep on bumping on the husk to push it, only make the husk move little distance & u have to bump into it for many many times...(at least in my case)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i used the gtavc record/replay function to record how i stole the Sabre Turbo
i periodically renamed each replay.rep in my GTAVC User Files folder
to record the whole process
if someone is interested & know something about replaying those records,
download them from here: (2 links for 2 attempts in stealing)

www.2shared.com/file/6178693/b8b6bb06/s_a1.html

www.2shared.com/file/6178700/f1bf3bc2/s_a2.html

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (p3v @ Jun 8 2009, 12:37)
QUOTE (flicko @ Jun 8 2009, 07:12)
Have you tried rotating the turret around 180� and constantly pressing the fire button, to make the Rhino go faster with more projected power?

i dare not
it'll catch the cop attention & as i move slowly during the pushing, i definitely will be busted

How do you know until you try? I've just given this a go, and managed to make it all the way to Vercetti estate, only attaining one wanted level in the process. To keep my eyes peeled for the police, I changed my view so that I could see more of my surroundings. I'm sure if I can do it then so can you.

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

ok i will give it a try someday & sorry for taking you time to steal the car!
btw, how long did you spend in stealing the car by this way??

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:04 AM

It didn't take me long at all buddy. I had a save file where my next mission was The Driver, so I booted it up, played the mission and reenacted your method, word for word. Hilary arrived at around 1:50, I blew him up and pushed him to my mansion using my rockets as propellers. Must have taken me under five minutes to do all in all, and I didn't have to bail to avoid being busted once.

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:36 AM Edited by p3v, 09 June 2009 - 10:56 AM.

damn, i have just given it a try & i got cop attention once i shot my first rocket!!
(as some cops were near me on the street...)
i keep on shooting it & when my wanted level get to 3, i am busted
(i must have killed some cop while i shoot at the back,,,)
edit:
still failed on 2nd attempt,
i think i will just push without firing the turret

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

I might have been lucky. Naturally, if you constantly fire the turret and inadvertently destroy vehicles, killing people in the process, you're bound to be targeted by more than just the one policeman. But there were no vehicles behind me on my run, and only select few in front of me, which is why I did it with ease.

The thing is, the distance isn't that far away anyway, and, chances are, you will get a lucky run at some point. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck mate! icon14.gif

vasil72
  • vasil72

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

I wanna apologize for reviving this topic, and I know this is not topic about videos, but I got BP/FP/EP Sabre Turbo today. I have never had this car before, I did it today for a first time. I found this topic accidentally, but it helped me to obtain that unique vehicle. Well, here is my vid.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Nice video but I need to ask why didn't you push it with the rhino?

vasil72
  • vasil72

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Nov 10 2010, 07:14)
Nice video but I need to ask why didn't you push it with the rhino?

Thanks, to be honest, before I make this video, I did few tries to push that car with the tank. Maybe that's strangely, but it wasn't very easy for me. Then I decided to push the car with Tommy, and I think he did it well. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users