Photo

DLC delayed

96 replies to this topic
DanRev
  • DanRev

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

f*cks sake. Was hoping there'd be a bit of DLC out by the time I got bored of the basic game (which to be honest, is pretty soon, so I cant expect that much) but now I'm going to have to go and finish oblivion (not that that's a bad thing, I could spend hours just robbing peoples houses and shops) and get a new game or two.

Bruisercruiser
  • Bruisercruiser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

If the DLC delay is true it'll be yet another letdown brought to us by Rockstar. First the game was delayed and now this. GTA IV is now officially boring and I don't think the DLC will change things much. Rockstar is gambling big-time by assuming that people will still want to play GTA IV in early 09'.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Bruisercruiser @ Jun 6 2008, 05:24)
If the DLC delay is true it'll be yet another letdown brought to us by Rockstar. First the game was delayed and now this. GTA IV is now officially boring and I don't think the DLC will change things much. Rockstar is gambling big-time by assuming that people will still want to play GTA IV in early 09'.

People'll buy it whenever it's released. Look at Tetris. tounge.gif

And it's true. It was announced 12-ish hours ago at the T2 whore press conference.

Nod
  • Nod

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Can you c*nts not be patient a bit longer? Listen to you losers crying about download content. The longer it takes the better it will be is the way I see it.

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Bruisercruiser @ Jun 6 2008, 13:24)

It is true, I got the info of Take Two's website... Check the source.

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:18 PM Edited by nickstemoeilijk, 06 June 2008 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ Jun 6 2008, 02:11)
The admin should be more accurate in his post. There is no proof of new weapons and new multiplayer modes other than a bunch of speculation. He should post what is actually true... the board is going to erupt in flames when they find out it's really just added missions and characters, as explicitly stated by Lazlow in his interview.

I guess it's really hard for people to f*cking pay attention, isn't it? You would think the admin would know what he's talking about.

Nope, nothing was said about the DLC content itself, only that it was going to be delayed.

an english boy
  • an english boy

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Smallz92 @ Jun 6 2008, 12:26)
U kno what would be funni if ps3 gt loadsa dlc b4 xbox but doubt it will hgappen but theres still hope colgate.gif

haha....

Bruisercruiser
  • Bruisercruiser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Nod @ Jun 6 2008, 14:13)
Can you c*nts not be patient a bit longer? Listen to you losers crying about download content. The longer it takes the better it will be is the way I see it.

Patience doesn't apply to me. I won't be buying the DLC.

I feel bad for those of you who are going to wait at least 8 months for the DLC lol.gif

LemKo
  • LemKo

GT: Tommy Xy

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

Oh sh*t man nobody cares about these fiscal sh*t damn...

LemKo
  • LemKo

GT: Tommy Xy

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (DanRev @ Jun 6 2008, 12:44)
f*cks sake. Was hoping there'd be a bit of DLC out by the time I got bored of the basic game (which to be honest, is pretty soon, so I cant expect that much) but now I'm going to have to go and finish oblivion (not that that's a bad thing, I could spend hours just robbing peoples houses and shops) and get a new game or two.

This game is dumb, you rob people and even if someone see you or not cops will catch you when they see you.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (23Jarek23 @ Jun 5 2008, 20:20)
sure why not......dudes just made half a bill....vacation time for everyone....

I can tell you, they DID take at least 30 days off...but I suspect they'll look at where to base it next and plot lines, what to keep, what to throw away for the next in the main series. I am STILL not worried about a PC version, and I would buy it too... but I was reading EDGE magazine as it was ZIP scanned here before the release. We can't scan magazines any longer but if you also downloaded or bought that issue, I recommend a re-read.

Sam Houser says point blank that the GTA series is "consoley" and that the new hardware from Microsoft and Sony were the driving impetus at crafting a more realistic GTA franchise experience.
Not sure if PC versions are considered in the regard that is secondary, but judging from the interviews.... Houser himself refers to the consoles when mentioning GTA of course, so they see that market as the key for developing around. I think the variation that PC offers makes standardizing a game for everyone very difficult, and it seems that GTA 4 was pushing tech boundaries even though it was on a new HD Console tech stand point... I think it was that major effort seeing GTA 4 develop that was at the heart of the creative process.

When and let's say..."if" it comes to PC, even though the focus won't be on the computer gaming platform, it will still look good. They had a lot of help crafting RAGE and Euphoria to the consoles so it has to come about in a similar fashion for the PC end of things... can it? That maybe what is the impass

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Updated my first post.

Added:

NOTE: Take 2's fiscal year starts on November, not on October like most companies.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

... and update my reply...

Playstation 3 is getting DLC or Downloadable Content. The two episodes that MS paid for are the ones being mentioned with regard to dates, but don't fret.... by 2009 PS3 owners should see something offered to them. This game is intended to grow for more then a few months. Literally years via D/L support models.

tarquin biscuitbarrel
  • tarquin biscuitbarrel

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

pfff... none of the highly anticipated games i can remember have been released on time for their original release dates.

it's easy to do, because everyone wants to know when it's ready, nobody knows this - not even the developer, untill it's nearly finished. even then you can encounter unforseen circumstances which can push the release back further.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

Damn this sucks, just because xbox users/microsoft are delaying next GTA's. I expect the second expansion to be out by 2010 and next GTA by 2013. I hope they make a exclusive GTA to the PS3 or something. confused.gif

I blame MS.

AvnGrad
  • AvnGrad

Chipper

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Kimd41 @ Jun 6 2008, 17:41)
Damn this sucks, just because xbox users/microsoft are delaying next GTA's. I expect the second expansion to be out by 2010 and next GTA by 2013. I hope they make a exclusive GTA to the PS3 or something. confused.gif

I blame MS.

Man I am a PS3 owner and I still think you don't know what you are talking about.
Be serious, come on.!?

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

i don't f*cking care when i get the DLC , only if we get it SOME TIME.
I'm busy with other games untill then biggrin.gif

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

I blame MS.

from what i heard it was the PS3 coding that made R* push back the initial release of the game, not MS & xbox problems.
SOURCE

chew on that, fanboy
biggrin.gif

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (voyager @ Jun 6 2008, 19:30)
I blame MS.

from what i heard it was the PS3 coding that made R* push back the initial release of the game, not MS & xbox problems.
SOURCE

chew on that, fanboy
biggrin.gif

It was MS's idea to make DLC.

Channel ZERO
  • Channel ZERO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Nod @ Jun 6 2008, 10:13)

A lot of people think its because we are getting better dlc. its not. read the interview, the dlc is done and getting dusty on a shelf. They are delaying to make the stock holders happy, and improve their sales for the 2009 quarter. They are doing this to please people who dont play the game or purchase it. They have gotten arrogant. Dlc was not schedueled until the fall anyway. This whole thing is a stunt. Nintendo did the same thing with the wii console. I like the game, and will stop playing once i reach 100%/lvl10. right now i have 83%/lvl8. Remember people, this is the starter gun for the series. I am looking forward to whats to come. The difference between gta3 and gta5(san andreas) is huge. I have been a fan since part one(pc). Sam houser took someone elses idea and ran with it, which is what saints row is doing to him. Saints row is looking to please us, and they have learned from any past mistakes. So he better wise up. Lastly I think he is intimidated by saints row which is why we changed to their release date for part 2. Saints row is bringing jet skis, airplanes, and properties of the bat. I will be owning both and packing away the loser.
http://www.saintsrow.com/#/media/

G twenty-nine
  • G twenty-nine

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

Well this sucks. I only have the PS3 version now, and was waiting until the DLC to buy the 360 version. This DLC better be pretty damn good.

KrAToZ 87
  • KrAToZ 87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

why would they do this to us sad.gif
didnt they pritty much promise that the dlc would be out only 3 months after the release of the game?

JackylByte
  • JackylByte

supreme ruler of all things

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Bruisercruiser @ Jun 6 2008, 09:32)
QUOTE (Nod @ Jun 6 2008, 14:13)

Patience doesn't apply to me. I won't be buying the DLC.

I feel bad for those of you who are going to wait at least 8 months for the DLC lol.gif

why if you don't buy it you'll be waiting forever we feel sorry for you now

V8HOON
  • V8HOON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

i never doubted that the DLC would be delayed biggrin.gif its the new cool thing to do suicidal.gif

notgtajerk
  • notgtajerk

PLAY MORE HEAVENLY SWORD

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (V8HOON @ Jun 7 2008, 02:13)
i never doubted that the DLC would be delayed biggrin.gif its the new cool thing to do suicidal.gif

indeed. i just hope they don't charge to much for it. as Yahtzee Croshaw said, "the day i fork out $70 for an expansion pack is the day that i swallow razor wire, pull the end out of my arse and floss myself to death."

MrT`
  • MrT`

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (LemonTella @ Jun 6 2008, 08:38)
How much of the hard drive will the DLC fill? Is this a silly question - I guess nobody will know yet?

Also I have the premium Xbox with the 20GB hard drive.
When I make saves on GTA4 it says I only have 9.9GB free memory?

I've not played any other games yet - I bought it for GTA4 blush.gif

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

As another poster said, 13Gb of the 20Gb is available, but on a new console, it comes with a bunch of promotional videos (in multiple languages) and a demo or two already on there (PGR3 when I got mine) that takes up a load of space, you can delete those if you want. The Live Arcade game on there is a full title (usually Hexic), and is not available to re-download, bear that in mind when choosing to delete it.

As for the DLC size, I would guess (and it'd just be a guess) at the 1-2Gb range, based on Shivering Isles for Oblivion weighing in at 1Gb. It'll all depend on whether there's any new areas, interiors, and how much extra voice work and sfx are added.

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Niall_S @ Jun 6 2008, 00:43)
Hope they put some Steak in there. smile.gif

You said it.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

just noticed last night the fire department:

F DLC

colgate.gif

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

This is good for me. Now i'll have enough money to buy Gears of War 2 without worrying too much about the DLC. Then around Christmas time, i should be getting money from my family so i'll have enough to buy Call of Duty 5 and the DLC.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Jun 5 2008, 20:19)
Anyone else think they did this so they could see what SR2 does, then better it?

I don't think so, that would be mean redesigning the whole DLC content, which would take a lot more than now to Q1 2009.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users