17 replies to this topic
stantough
  • stantough

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hi,

I would like to ask, if anyone has experienced this:

You're driving a car and it's being shot by gang members, but there was no smoke, the car is almost mint condition, and suddenly after being shot for 3-5 seconds or so, the car just explodes and you're wasted. It didn't catch fire, no warning at all.

This happened to me twice today, kind of annoying.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

That's so, if a car is in mint condition, two shotgun bullets from the Mafia can explode it, mainly since the car condition is so crap in GTA III. Though weirdly enough if your car have little damage one shot (shotgun) will make it catch fire.

Yatesyz
  • Yatesyz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

In GTA3 the cars get damaged very easily and have less resistance against crashes compared to the next GTA's. In San Andreas cars take ages to even start smoking.

Another problem with cars blowing up fast, is that you cannot bail out of cars like you can in the next GTA's.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Yatesyz @ Jun 4 2008, 17:27)
is that you cannot bail out of cars like you can in the next GTA's.

This really annoyed me since you couldn't do this in GTA3. I would stay away from Saint Marks, because when you have killed Salvatore in the Mission "Saynora Salvatore" (not sure of name, something like that), the Mafia will shoot at you every time you enter Saint Marks.

But I hated how in GTA3, Two shots at your car with a Shotgun, and Bam, you car blows. yawn.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Jun 4 2008, 16:57)
But I hated how in GTA3, Two shots at your car with a Shotgun, and Bam, you car blows. yawn.gif

Although that's useful when you go on the shotgun rampage by Belville Park on Staunton island biggrin.gif

You just have to watch out for anyone shooting at you (in your car) with a shotgun or anything more powerful, like in the vigilante mission in Shoreside Vale

Steve

stantough
  • stantough

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Thanks for the input. It's true the cars become more hardy in the later series. In GTA IV, I have only had one car which I drove truly explode into flames (and I'm about one third through in the story missions)

rav0
  • rav0

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Also be careful of the Columbian Cartel, their rifles will damage your car quickly. It's easy enough to avoid them by just keeping on moving at a decent speed though.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (rav0 @ Jun 18 2008, 10:09)
Also be careful of the Columbian Cartel, their rifles will damage your car quickly. It's easy enough to avoid them by just keeping on moving at a decent speed though.

They only carry Uzi's, Some might have AK's around Fort Staunton but they are usually at war with Yakuza's there.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

In a lot of ways GTA3 is much harder than the more recent games and this is a reason why.

Always get all the packages and do everything else you want to do before starting a mission that causes certain gangs to attack you with powerful weapons anytime you're in the area.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jul 1 2008, 17:14)
Always get all the packages and do everything else you want to do before starting a mission that causes certain gangs to attack you with powerful weapons anytime you're in the area.

Yes, because it makes it a pain, if you try to get them, when the gang members there attack you if they see you. I would think in SA, this wouldn't be much of a problem really.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Jul 1 2008, 12:34)
QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jul 1 2008, 17:14)

Yes, because it makes it a pain, if you try to get them, when the gang members there attack you if they see you. I would think in SA, this wouldn't be much of a problem really.

A pain to say the least. If you think those shotguns tear your car up just think of what happens to Claude on foot. The gangs that hate you are relentless in GTA3, and a lot of them can put a hurting on you in a hurry. Even the Triads with 9mm and bats can hurt you if you let them surround you.

In SA they often don't even attack until they spot you and ask of your gang affiliation.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

It's actually better that gangs take a while to attack you. It's more realistic than they attacking your car randomly without even looking. I mean it's not that you drive the same car so how come they know you just when you drive past them? In SA the gangs take a while to actually watch inside the car and see you. In Vice City and LCS they run after you until they get a got place to attack you on. That's also better than III. Claude falls on foot if he's shot by a shotgun. Hell, I remember standing above a train pole and suddenly I fall down on the floor then a couple of Leone's started shooting me with their shotguns. Damn I had to run all the way to get into a safer place and then take a car and drive away. And it was when I was new playing GTA3 so I didn't know where the Callahan bridge is and I drove through the whole Portland until I found it and when I was in Saint Marks my car most of the time got blown up.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

Ooh, these are very, very hard. THe only thing you can do is use the BP Patriot.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:28 AM

I don't about not seeing smoke, but yes, the Mafia can destroy you easily with their shotguns. I've only noticed this with cheats, and that goes for all the original trilogy, GTA games. The car would be on fire, I would put the code to repair the car, then, like, five seconds later it would explode.

Ars Gratia Artis
  • Ars Gratia Artis

Art for art's sake

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Yatesyz @ Jun 4 2008, 16:27)
In San Andreas cars take ages to even start smoking.

Not the bullet. tounge.gif

Yes this always happens to me when driving through the Italian mob part of Portland. When they shoot you with their shotguns you pretty much don't have a chance.

Lukaso
  • Lukaso

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Jul 2 2008, 05:58)
Ooh, these are very, very hard. THe only thing you can do is use the BP Patriot.

Or with other BP cars from missions, like Securicar, Cheetah, Bobcat etc.
See http://gta.wikia.com...cles_in_GTA_III

These special vehicles are more usable in GTA III than in other GTAs.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yes, it's happened to me before. Assumably, you're just being shot by two mafia members at the exact same time. Whereas a shot from one of them would be enough to catch your car on fire, a second will be enough to end you immediately. Two shots, same moment, that's all.

cdoublejj
  • cdoublejj

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by cdoublejj, 06 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

In a lot of ways GTA3 is much harder than the more recent games and this is a reason why.

I find it to be more trial error but, i bet if i was 11 years old again there is no way i could do half the stuff i can do in GTA 3 now. if it isn't hard it has really long learning curve. it helps to master the games "physics" and car handleing. Then it's all smoothish sailing till you car get shot twice and explodes. :furious:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users