Photo

IMG Manager

146 replies to this topic
Dragozool
  • Dragozool

Dragozool

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

uhm i want to install SRT 1.7...but why is there no bulk replace for me???its needet oO user posted image i DLed the newest version of the tool....i use Win 7 x64....

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Dragozool @ Jul 11 2010, 02:14)
uhm i want to install SRT 1.7...but why is there no bulk replace for me???its needet oO user posted image i DLed the newest version of the tool....i use Win 7 x64....

Download V.1.5

Dragozool
  • Dragozool

Dragozool

• Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

THX ^^

mokusam
  • mokusam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

hey pips..
soo..
i canīt run img manager; it continues to crash without explanation..
maybe it canīt run on win 7 x64? dontgetit.gif

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (mokusam @ Jul 19 2010, 21:43)
hey pips..
soo..
i canīt run img manager; it continues to crash without explanation..
maybe it canīt run on win 7 x64? dontgetit.gif

Read 3rd page of this topic wink.gif

KarmannGhia
  • KarmannGhia

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hey, I tried to use this tool but when I start it then it immediately crash cryani.gif
I tried to install .net framework 2.0 but when I start install so it tells me "This product is already installed and is part of OS"

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Install 3.5 from Microsoft.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Topo1st @ Aug 15 2010, 21:51)
Hey, I tried to use this tool but when I start it then it immediately crash cryani.gif
I tried to install .net framework 2.0 but when I start install so it tells me "This product is already installed and is part of OS"

install this

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

The 'Bulk Replace' feature is REALLY helpful. Great work on the tool. Saves a lot of time when adding a lot of mods.

Thanks and keep up the great work smile.gif !

viruxe
  • viruxe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Jan 11 2010, 17:01)
As far as the 64-bit issue... it uses the CLR? Firstly, you should get the 32-bit C++ redistributables, not the 64-bit version. Secondly - and this is the trick! - open a Command Prompt (as Administrator if on Vista/Win7).

Then, type the following command:

CODE

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ldr64.exe setwow

@xmen: to fix this issue with P/Invoke and such, recompile your assembly in 'x86' mode, not as 'any CPU'

xmen, I think you should add this post to your first post, so that people stop posting about it.

Nice tool btw.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

Very nice tool and it do a good work, seems so.
My first attempt was successful. I took the stripped gta3.img after running mapcleaner.
Then I extracted the files of SanVice-gta3.img which was added after mapcleaning and importaed these into the new cleaned gta3.img, put the img into sanvice and the game worked.
Then I saw that the paths was the same as in original SA.
I opend the img and saw that the files wasn't replaced unless the nodes.dat
I deleted the added files and used bulk replace, i got a list of files which was not possible to replace, confirmed und let it run
Now the replacing worked unless for the nodes.dat

I tried to import the nodes dat separately and got the message "all selected files are invalid"
ups, extracted the nodes dat from unmodded gta3.img and tried again but same result
what's the problem with the nodes.dat files?

Ricco1962
  • Ricco1962

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (ZAZ @ Aug 22 2010, 18:10)
Now the replacing worked unless for the nodes.dat

I tried to import the nodes dat separately and got the message "all selected files are invalid"
ups, extracted the nodes dat from unmodded gta3.img and tried again but same result
what's the problem with the nodes.dat files?

ZAZ: this is a bug that has been reported to xmen.

As of v1.5 'dat' files are not recognized as a valid img file type, so they can not be imported
into an img. According to xmen it is on the 'to do' list. sad.gif

Also a general note about 64bit OS's and the 'ldr64.exe setwow' fix from NTAuthority.

I have recently upgraded to Win7 x64. For me the fix supplied by NTAuthority did not
work because 7 "could not find file". I think this is because 7 did not allow me to install
some of the older dotnet's and MS Visual C++'s because they are 'already part of the
operating system'.

NTAuthority said to use this code:

but after I recieved the 'could not find file' error I did a search for ldr64.exe and it does exist,
just in a different location. So I changed my code to this (which uses the location of the file on
my machine):

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_netfx-ldr64_exe_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_f98e4869675ab367\ldr64.exe setwow

I have no idea why my location is different mercie_blink.gif , but this code worked for me.

I don't know if this specific code would work for anyone else, so if anyone has the same problem
I would recommend that you should search for 'ldr64.exe' and if you find it use that path, from
your machine, and it should work.

cj360
  • cj360

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

Thx to you and NTAuthority, as I was going down the list here to make this tool work on my win 64x ultimate and the
this code:
fixed it thank you

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:44 AM

@ZAZ : As Ricco1962 said V.1.5 doesn't recognize .dat file as valid so it wont let you add. The would have fixed if I could work with current source code. So if I need write next version it will from scratch confused.gif

@Ricco1962 : Glad you got it work wink.gif

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Sep 5 2010, 03:44)
@ZAZ : As Ricco1962 said V.1.5 doesn't recognize .dat file as valid so it wont let you add. The would have fixed if I could work with current source code. So if I need write next version it will from scratch  confused.gif

@Ricco1962 : Glad you got it work wink.gif

Yeah, thx for reply. Meanwhile I worked intensive with the tool and I love it now.
The bulkreplace is best way to install a lot of files. Have cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

YoungFresh
  • YoungFresh

Auch, sir, my head is blowing up.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

I have a question, when I import skins, do I have to select the skins that I will replace, or I just need to import them directly, by selecting the folder with Bulk Replace?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

no you dont have to select any file that will be replaced, it will autodetect. wink.gif

Methical
  • Methical

★★★★★

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:23 AM

As far as the 64-bit issue... it uses the CLR? Firstly, you should get the 32-bit C++ redistributables, not the 64-bit version. Secondly - and this is the trick! - open a Command Prompt (as Administrator if on Vista/Win7).

CODE

@xmen: to fix this issue with P/Invoke and such, recompile your assembly in 'x86' mode, not as 'any CPU'

I tried that .. but still doesn't work for me on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
I installed the 2010 x86 C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86.exe) from the Microsoft Webpage

Entered the code in, and got the results :

loading kernel32...done.
retrieve GetComPlusPackageInstallStatus entry point
retrieve SetComPlusPackageInstallStatus entry point
Setting status to: 0x00000000
SUCCESS

IMG Manager still doesn't want to work for me sad.gif Same errors. I've tried it in different compatibility modes as well, and still the same thing !

Help please ?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Nov 1 2010, 07:53)

CODE

I tried that .. but still doesn't work for me on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
I installed the 2010 x86 C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86.exe) from the Microsoft Webpage

Entered the code in, and got the results :

loading kernel32...done.
retrieve GetComPlusPackageInstallStatus entry point
retrieve SetComPlusPackageInstallStatus entry point
Setting status to: 0x00000000
SUCCESS

IMG Manager still doesn't want to work for me sad.gif Same errors. I've tried it in different compatibility modes as well, and still the same thing !

Help please ?

did you install .net framework ?

Ricco1962
  • Ricco1962

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:08 AM

methodunderg,

I have the same OS and I can confirm that IMG Manager works for me
and without any compatibility mode settings.

I can also confirm that when I ran NTAuthority's 'setwow' code that I received
the the exact same message as you posted.

Now, theoretically the older .nets are 'built into' Win 7 so if you try to install
them you will just get an 'already part of OS' message, so you won't be able
to do that. But here is a list of the added .net + visual c++'s that I have installed:

.net 4 client profile 4.0.30319
.net 4 extended 4.0.30319

c++ 2005 redist 8.0.56336
c++ 2005 redist 8.0.50727.42
c++ 2008 redist x64 9.0.30729.4148
c++ 2008 redist x86 9.0.30729.4148
c++ 2010 x64 redist 10.0.30319

maybe if you get all these installed then that will get you going.

If none of that helps... I have a suspicion... I installed an older game (I
think farcry2) way before using IMG Manager (on Win7) and during that
install I saw a message 'installing .net 2' and did not see any error
messages, maybe that updated some files and allowed IMG
Manager to run on my system.

Just a theory!

But if you have an older game that you know installs .net 2, and if all
else fails, try installing that game and see what happens.

Methical
  • Methical

★★★★★

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for the quick reply !
I installed multiple versions of the C++ Redistributable packages ..

I've had the IMG Manager sitting in my GTA Mods\Tools folder for quite a while now, so I decided to go re-download it just incase. And upon goin' to the first post, it said to install the 2005 SP1 package .. The only one I hadn't done .. Well that did it for me smile.gif No errors yet.

So a big thank you to xmen for the app, NTAuthority for the cmd line help and to you Ricco1962 ! smile.gif

Off to apply some mods ... !

CrossShot4
  • CrossShot4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

Ok, Noob incoming here...Do I have to find all the files i plan to replace and delete them first? Or can i just drag and drop the modded files in the directory and the tool will replace the files automatically because of it having the same name? It is boring and very time consuming replacing one single file at a time, I have to type it in, hit replace, find the new file on my computer(in most cases I have to extract from Win Rar), then add it and it takes all that for one file. I want something that is simple. Highlight and drag into the archive then rebuild. I could install 30 mods in 30 seconds if thats how things worked.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (CrossShot4 @ Nov 17 2010, 10:36)
Ok, Noob incoming here...Do I have to find all the files i plan to replace and delete them first? Or can i just drag and drop the modded files in the directory and the tool will replace the files automatically because of it having the same name? It is boring and very time consuming replacing one single file at a time, I have to type it in, hit replace, find the new file on my computer(in most cases I have to extract from Win Rar), then add it and it takes all that for one file. I want something that is simple. Highlight and drag into the archive then rebuild. I could install 30 mods in 30 seconds if thats how things worked.

You can use Bulk Replace, all you have to do is extract all the files from rar in a directory, then in IMGM click Bulk Replace and select that directory. IMGM will search for each file of that directory in IMG, if it exists, it will be replaced. Simple and quick. wink.gif

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

Wanted to ask if you ever thought of planning to do a console version of your program like what aru did with Spark? Would be useful for people who want to make an automatic installation for big mods as the Spark Console 'dies' when gta3.img goes over 1.9GB.

Ricco1962
  • Ricco1962

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

You may be able to work around this size limit by dividing your gta3.img file into 2 parts.

i.e. remove all the vehicle related files from gta3.img and create a new one that only contains the removed vehicle files. This allows for 2 much smaller img files and has the side benefit of making modding them easier because of the smaller sizes.

I know this technique can be done on the PC (because I do it) but I can't say, for sure, if it can be done in a console version of GTA or if will work with Spark either.

Note that for this to work it also requires that the gta.dat file be changed, to allow GTA to use this extra img file.

i.e.

I call my extra img file: gta3_veh.img

And in the beginning section of the gta.dat file I added this line: IMG MODELS\gta3_veh.img

So now the beginning of my gta.dat file looks like this:

#
# Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs
#

IMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMG
IMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMG
IMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMG
IMG MODELS\gta3_veh.img

CrossShot4
  • CrossShot4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Nov 17 2010, 05:11)

You can use Bulk Replace, all you have to do is extract all the files from rar in a directory, then in IMGM click Bulk Replace and select that directory. IMGM will search for each file of that directory in IMG, if it exists, it will be replaced. Simple and quick. wink.gif

Really? thats awesome. Thanks

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:27 AM Edited by nWo51289, 18 November 2010 - 05:32 AM.

You may be able to work around this size limit by dividing your gta3.img file into 2 parts.

i.e. remove all the vehicle related files from gta3.img and create a new one that only contains the removed vehicle files. This allows for 2 much smaller img files and has the side benefit of making modding them easier because of the smaller sizes.

I know this technique can be done on the PC (because I do it) but I can't say, for sure, if it can be done in a console version of GTA or if will work with Spark either.

Note that for this to work it also requires that the gta.dat file be changed, to allow GTA to use this extra img file.

i.e.

I call my extra img file: gta3_veh.img

And in the beginning section of the gta.dat file I added this line: IMG MODELS\gta3_veh.img

So now the beginning of my gta.dat file looks like this:

#
# Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs
#

IMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMG
IMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMG
IMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMG
IMG MODELS\gta3_veh.img

Thanks for the help! That is one option of doing it but unfortanutely if I do it this way then people won't be able to play multiplayer like SAMP. Yes it doesn't work for the console game, was referring to the Spark Console where a user can make a script (like Batch) which tells the console to import the files into the gta3.img by double clicking the batch file.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

X-men, I noticed you have no Tools listed under IFP.

I just developed a small aplication that with Delfi's Text2Bin compiles TXT files back to IFP.

Its here:
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=13860

Add it if you want.

Best IMG Editor ever icon14.gif

CrossShot4
  • CrossShot4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Nov 17 2010, 05:11)

Do I still have to rebuild the archive?

FrodoPL
  • FrodoPL

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

I installed vcredist from 1st post and it still crashes. Windows 7 x64.

edit: nevermind found the solution on previous page, though it should be added to 1st post smile.gif great tool!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users