Photo

stored cars dissapearing

23 replies to this topic
gingerbill
  • gingerbill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

Don't know what happened as my stored cars don't usually dissapear , but twice now i have seen cars that were 100% stored are gone .

Is this just somethng that happens now and then , a bug?

Obviously i can live with it but it is annoying when its your favourite.

p.s Are super GT's rare? i never see them , and it was my super GT that dissapeared sad.gif .

ste_t_
  • ste_t_

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

never happened to me as yet.

one excuse is that they are getting robbed!

gingerbill
  • gingerbill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

the only thing i can think off that isnt a bug , is someone maybe crashing into them and knocking them slightly out of the 'store zone' . But that would have to happen while you are near them , suppose its possible but unlikely .

Personally i think its a bug.

paulscfc1
  • paulscfc1

R* North, Scotland - Home of GTA

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

is there possibly a limit on the amount of cars you can store in it?? i know the space is small but you are able to arrange them in a way where you can fit in two small cars and a couple of bikes.

maybe your going over the limit??

ps3_,man
  • ps3_,man

smugler

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

hes right if you kick a person out of a car it usally gets taken off you by the same person (somone tried to take my infernus wasnt haven any of that so i got my sniper) and if you put it there with a felony it goes and if you steal it when parked same thing happens as the firs one but to prevent this hold triangle or Y to lock it

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

I've only noticed police vehicles disappearing. But my Infernus has remained since the beginning.

Thestig95
  • Thestig95

Some say...

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

I haven't lost any cars yet. But I noticed the onlt parking spaces that NPC's Cars drive AROUND is the Alonguin Safehouse on albany Ave. So they couldn't be knocked out. If i lose my Infuernes... suicidal.gif

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

You probably just stored to much cars... whenever you do that they dissapear.

XskylineX
  • XskylineX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

I lost my infernus. sad.gif

_Camo
  • _Camo

thunderspork

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

Lost my Comet.. need to do some races for Brucie and hope he has some.

RONIN1191
  • RONIN1191

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Lost my SuperGT in a firefight outside of the safehouse...bastards kept crashing into it until it blew up (they were pulling up to get at me, wonky AI I guess lol); once the firefight was over and I stepped outside to survey any resultant damage, the car was a blackened hulk OUTSIDE of the save zone. As you know, you can't push these cars bodily like you could in all previous GTAs so...I was basically f*cked.

Haven't seen another one since, either...

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

This is me using science for good.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:05 PM Edited by Tatertotts, 02 June 2008 - 05:08 PM.

I had a couple of them disappear, but then started holding triangle until the car or bike turns off and now they're always there.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

I never knew you could do that

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

I had Stevie's Infernus disappear from the Alderney safe house, even though it was 'locked'. No idea what happened to it but it annoys me a little seeing a stupid pink Feltzer parked there instead barf8bd.gif

Gog
  • Gog

Rollo!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

There was a trick on IGN that said as long as you park your car with at least one wheel in the parking spot, it would save, no matter how many cars you park in the spot. I tried saving 3 cars, but the 3rd one disappears. We should be used to this after all the disappearing cars from our garages in the other GTA 3-D games.

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

I've seen LCPD officers jack a few of "my" cars, so that's one explanation. However, since the world "stops" when you're not around I doubt this is what's happened to you (unless you've been in the area just not looked straight at your parkingplaces).

-RFTS-
  • -RFTS-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:15 PM Edited by -RFTS-, 02 June 2008 - 06:19 PM.

well this happens all the time but in one occasion i had a turismo n a super gt parked in roman's first apartment (or save house), then after doing a couple of missions around that area i went back to save my progress!!
n to my surprise my turismo was still there but my super gt had been replace by another car which was for some reason perfectly parked mercie_blink.gif
so yes apparently if a car is placed inside the parking spot by anyone other then you the car will be saved automatically.

Brandt
  • Brandt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

A couple of times I have pulled a 2nd car into my Alderney safehouse, gone inside and saved, then came back out and the 1st car was gone. That is the only instance I have ever had with this.

If you're trying to store more than 2 vehicles at each safehouse, that could be your problem, It will save as many as you can fit into a space regularly, but if you save and load the game back or turn off the game and back on, only two of the vehicles will remain in the space.

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

This is me using science for good.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

On my second playthrough, I found out that you can park and save cars at Playboy X's pad before you get it.

MrZebra
  • MrZebra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

It just happened to me recently, I recently completed Search And Delete which I ended up with a Police Car, decided to save it So I could do Vigilante/Most Wanted missions and it disappeared on me.

-I only had that car (And maybe a 2nd one but no more than that) I heard of the multi-car save trick and the fact that it doesn't work.
-It was at the Bohan safehouse.
-I'm using the PS3 version of the game (In case it matters, if it's a glitch, it could be platform-specific)

It's not a big deal considering Jacking a police car only results in a 1-Star wanted level which is easy to lose. but just mentioning I'm affected by this problem too.

HairyWookieBalls
  • HairyWookieBalls

Man-Whore

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

I lost a NoOSE van recently, but a few days later, it inexplicably showed up outside my safehouse again!

I have lost pretty much every vehicle I have saved outside a safehouse, and it's starting to piss me off!

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Tatertotts @ Jun 2 2008, 19:05)
I had a couple of them disappear, but then started holding triangle until the car or bike turns off and now they're always there.

I think that's the secret, too. I always do that, and I never lost a car.

Well, that's not entirely true. I lost one once when a police car pulled into the parking zone to arrest a ped, so when I got back down onto the street, the cop car was in the spot where my Sentinel (XS) was before.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

I only lost 3 cars, 2 in the southern Algonquin Apartment, and one in the Alderny Apartment. (Blue Turismo, Enforcer, and FIB Buffalo). I hope that's it though, I'm gonna be pissed if Playboy X's penthouse forgets my cars. I have an Infernus (super mega extremely rare), and a Police Stockade (Worse than Infernus, does not spawn at all!).

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

I've lost three cars. I lost a cool-ass Sentinel at my Broker pad after the fire and a Peyote and a yellow Patriot parked outside my Bohan apartment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users