Is Carl Johnson dead?

158 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:31 PM

No GTA protagonist can die due to simple fact that they will just respawn at the nearest hospital biggrin.gif And easter eggs dont mean sh*t anyway. They are just there for fun

ikeepitreal
  • ikeepitreal

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

Better pix or GTFO. colgate.gif

Anyway, like the guy above Easter Eggs don't mean sh*t.

daviescirca93
  • daviescirca93

So maybe I'm a little retarded...

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

then theres the argument about his voice VCS and VC...

it's pete. plain and simple;

we never saw him, heard his voice, any backstory, nothing on pete.
meanwhile vic has a story etc...

so it very well could be pete.

what bugs me is at the end of Stories is that vic and lance leave the building in a black heli, and at the intro of vice city, lance and ???? arrive in a black helicopter too...

ill just leave it lie and say it's pete... seems the most resonable explanation. smile.gif

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Fahel @ Jun 24 2008, 04:57)
QUOTE (kvlpp @ Jun 22 2008, 10:34)
user posted image
victor vance at vcs

user posted image
at the very intro of vice city

I can see similarities on this pics. They have a similar face.
Guys, let's face this: Vic IS dead!

Vic said he would never deal with lance again (or something along those lines) at the end of VCS, so Lance probably got his other brother (the sick one) to help him. What do you mean they look alike? They look completely f*cking different.

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (daviescirca93 @ Jun 25 2008, 01:00)
then theres the argument about his voice VCS and VC...

it's pete. plain and simple;

we never saw him, heard his voice, any backstory, nothing on pete.
meanwhile vic has a story etc...

so it very well could be pete.

what bugs me is at the end of Stories is that vic and lance leave the building in a black heli, and at the intro of vice city, lance and ???? arrive in a black helicopter too...

ill just leave it lie and say it's pete... seems the most resonable explanation. smile.gif

Oh, for pete's sake (pun).
Shouldn't pete be in the hospital or something? Vic died alright? Enough with the "I have imaginative mind so I'll deny" phases. Time to get technical. R* simply never had looked into the future of VCS's protagonist enough to make things right. So now we know R* are non-linear. They make it up as they go along. Which is weird.
GTA III should have the most references due to the fact that it's set in 2001 while the others are set in the past. San Andreas has the most references.

Also, answer me this giant question that has NEVER questioned.

If Lance and so called Pete are dead, what the f*ck happened to Vic? I'm sure he would of intervened with Tommy somehow in the later years to get revenge. Due to the fact that Tommy is still Kingpin of VC through 1992. That's why it makes much sense to say Vic and Lance are dead and Pete and his mother are somewhere sick and coughing from asthma.

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Wanted Assailant @ Jun 25 2008, 01:42)
If Lance and so called Pete are dead, what the f*ck happened to Vic? I'm sure he would of intervened with Tommy somehow in the later years to get revenge. Due to the fact that Tommy is still Kingpin of VC through 1992. That's why it makes much sense to say Vic and Lance are dead and Pete and his mother are somewhere sick and coughing from asthma.

good point actually..

'V.x.'
  • 'V.x.'

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

user posted image
victor vance at vcs

user posted image

but the guy in the red t-short is dead . in the begin of VC he died a terribal death ..... the forces of the VC ( or miaimi ) have killed him .

Jonny Jonny
  • Jonny Jonny

The Forums Tough Guy

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

VCS was made after the ps2 versions it was to follow the story of the bros vic and lance

ProjectOrigin
  • ProjectOrigin

Idea man..

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

Try to play GTA Vice City Stories or Liberty City Stories. Maybe there can explaine what happed with Carl.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (ProjectOrigin @ Jul 18 2008, 10:37)
Try to play GTA Vice City Stories or Liberty City Stories. Maybe there can explaine what happed with Carl.

None of them say anything about Carl and VCS is set before SA.

GTAace
  • GTAace

BIG BOB

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Yah it only means that the last canon of GTA games the III canon are over and they are starting a new one the GTA IV canon

lolelol
  • lolelol

"Welcome tou emerika"-by Niko Bellic

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

that grafitti on the wall means that maybe gta 4 will be the best gta, and the others will be forgotten.

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Jun 1 2008, 18:58)
My idea is, they're not dead as of 2008 in the GTA III canon, but in the GTA IV canon they never existed.

or at least, they don't exist in the same form as they do in the ]I[ Cannon, I.E:
When catalina betrays claude in the IV cannon, the cartel never stops the police van, and the bridge is never blown up. claude now rots in prison.
---
Tommy Vercetti is a despairate hobo who has delusions that he was once a drug lord, and wanders aimlessly around vice city, eventually dieing of starvation.
---
Carl Johnson's brain was damaged when he shielded his mom from a drive-by from the ballas. with CJ, the only person in tenpenny's way, gone, C.R.A.S.H and the ballas, as well as all the drug dealers easily overthrew the local government, and obliterated the GSF, who were allied with the FBI in order to make a (vain) effort to stop the ballas and C.R.A.S.H. Mike Toreno's death at the hands of tenpenny was the final nail in the state of san andreas's coffin. all that remains of san andreas is devastation...who knows what city could fall victim to tenpenny's spreading control next?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Got nothing to do with it being best or worst. That only means they've left the GTA III canon to a new one, and your sig is awesome!

Mattsano
  • Mattsano

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:55 PM Edited by Mattsano, 18 July 2008 - 07:58 PM.

QUOTE ('V.x.' @ Jun 25 2008, 13:44)
user posted image
victor vance at vcs

user posted image

but the guy in the red t-short is dead . in the begin of VC he died a terribal death ..... the forces of the VC ( or miaimi ) have killed him .

There's some talk related to this in the VCS forum, I would link but I can't remember where they were...
Anyway, someone found a very complicated way of hacking without the CD for VCS, and there is a skin left over from game development that perfectly matches the original VC dead dude - so, I think, that R* developed it with him slotting into the storyline of VCS somewhere, possibly as the protagonist/antagonist/something. Admittedly, it is in with a jumble of hundreds of skins (Martinez, Phil, Lousie etc.) but possibly R* only realised they'd be screwing with the storyline at some point, removing Pete from it, and releasing Vic into the mix.
Check around, and it may be in another forum or thread, possibly the LCS one, but it is a lot of evidence to contradict each other with! biggrin.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

Maybe Pete was supposed to be seen in game and that would be his skin? tounge.gif

Mattsano
  • Mattsano

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

My point exactly, that ot was a good, old-fashioned cock-up on R*'s behalf, and Pete was only invented to be killed. And, to a question some way back, Vance or Vic probably paid for Pete's treatment at the end of VCS, and who thinks Vic made up asthma as an excuse for Martinez? Judging by the Vance family I've seen, they aren't the type of family to stay in on a sunny day because of something not-to-serious-sounding, eh? And how exactly do you 'treat' asthma? If it's as easy as a few thousand, I gotta get me some! Hehe! tounge.gif

SamuelColdmark1994
  • SamuelColdmark1994

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Protonkid @ Jun 2 2008, 06:37)
Lets make it this way. They all existed in GTA III universe. We all know that Vic is dead and was probably killed in 1985. Rumours were that Tommy is rehabbed. Claude would always get into trouble so he is most probably dead. Tony became fat, so he sits in his restaraunt and doesn't leave it. Carl is a gang banger, so I feel that he is either dead or gone hiding.

In GTA IV universe, they're either different people or never existed.

Simple tounge.gif

i think claude could be dead - yeah , Toni got a heart attack because he become fat and tommy sitting on a "sun-chair" on santa maria beach, but i dont think cj is dead no way...he live in GS or Lc now! ? blush.gif colgate.gif . I feel sorry for my english man!

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:31 PM Edited by skarface1013, 31 July 2008 - 10:38 PM.

My Predictions: If they died.

I think Claude got whacked by some Leone hitmen sent by Joey Leone for killing Don Salvatore.

We all know Vic was gunned down by Diaz hitmen, at a drug deal gone wrong.

Tommy might have been taken down by the police, and got sentenced to life in prison for the murders and other crimes he has committed. All his properties have been seized by authorities.

Toni went after Claude before the hit was sent out, they had a stand-off where Claude won, shooting Toni.

Carl Johnson was also taken down by police after they heard the news of Tenpenny's death, he went down shooting, killing several cops w/his brother Sweet, but the heat was just too much, both he and his brother were gunned down. All the GSF territory was seized after an intense crackdown by police after both the Ballas and Vagos were wiped out, leaving the GSF to become defunct as well. Sweet and Carl are buried next to their mother at the cemetery.

Niko is alive and well, and still at large!

These are my scenarios to what could have happened to all the epic GTA protagonists.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

I say something weird happened between Claude and Playboy X because Claude's clothes are in Playboy X's closet, and CJ is alive because you briefly see him skydiving on TV, and you see several other shots of San Andreas on TV that show it hasn't changed much since the 90s. None of this should be taken too seriously.

Carl Johnson...
  • Carl Johnson...

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:40 AM

what a bunch of n00bs, it's so obvious, that i, carl johnson am not dead... bored.gif

Tomass2010
  • Tomass2010

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:53 AM

I think it would make sense to kill off all the past protangonist because GTA IV is basically a new chapter in the GTA world

Soo it would be alot easier to say they have all died, and that they no longer influence the gta world any longer so that they can write new characters to take there place in some way

I can generally see all the past protagonist characters in GTA dieing expect for Toni and CJ

Claude is likely to die for me because hes just basically a nomad and will do anything for the right price, but it would be safe to say that after GTA 3 Toni would kill claude because he killed Salvatore but agian thats just my guess

Tommy "owns" Vice City and i would imagine him giving jobs to a kid who was just like him after 1992 and this kid would end up killing tommy and taking over his business

Victor is dead period, there really isn't any discussion on that, the question is WHEN he died but thats up for debate

I don't really see CJ dieing because you have the opprotunity to take out the street gangs in Los Santos so i don't think he would have died due to gang related violence
The only way i see him getting killed is that someone from some Government agency would kill him for what he did for Toreno. But after Toreno talks about having double agents wanting to innteragate him its really not referenced ever agian.

I don't see toni dieing but if he does it wouldn't be easy. I can see that what happened after Joey kinda screwed up the Leons due to his bad blood with the forelles but i mean if it where gonna happen it would be a big gang war with lots of explosions and blood and what not

WoozimuJakarta007
  • WoozimuJakarta007

The GodFather

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

well, it's noormal, OLDs must change by NEWs

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

Maybe R* will make a final 3-era game so we can find out.
Until then, we'll have to just be content with spculation.

Ghett0
  • Ghett0

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (greebo-man @ Aug 1 2008, 09:32)
Maybe R* will make a final 3-era game so we can find out.
Until then, we'll have to just be content with spculation.

That would be nice, but I doubt it. The GTA 1 guy didn't appear in GTA 2. The GTA 2 guy didn't appear in GTA 3. The guy in GTA 3 didn't appear in vice city, and Tommy didn't appear in San Andreas. The thing is, the protagonists don't come back, and are most likely dead because they live a life of crime; they could be shot down the next day. But I think Niko might come back, as he and Roman have total control of the streets. We might be even expecting an appearance from Brucie in the next game, because he's a side character, and would most likely not get killed. Michelle would most likely have a role in the next one, as she turned out to be a spy. She'll most likely have a very significant role in the next game. However, as there are multiple story lines in GTA4, either she or Roman will be dead.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

You don't need to spoil GTA IV for people who don't have it.
And GTA3 guy (Claude) appeared in San Andreas, Tommy was mentioned in SA as well and Toni from LCS appeared in GTA3 with a major role.

Also GTA1 and GTA2 are different canons and some people think GTA2 and GTA3 main character are the same.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

I think Rockstar made that wall to tell everyone all the characters from the GTA3 canon are "dead", and that they're starting a new canon with GTAIV.

However, if they would really all have died, it could have happened like this:

- Claude would probably have died in a gangwar or shot down by one of his own comrades again, maybe even the Yakuza
- Tommy is evidently still alive in GTA San Andreas. In The Introduction Ken Rosenberg calls him. So if he died it would have to be somewhere in the 90's I think. Maybe more Liberty City mafia came to get him.
- CJ has made lots of enemies during his trip. Toreno says some russians want to interrogate him, and Salvatore Leone called him saying he'd kill him and all of his friends and family. Maybe the Leones killed Carl, or maybe he was captured by the government and later killed.
- Toni was still alive during GTA3, and he doesn't have a very high profile, so I think this might be the only guy that died of age.
- Victor died in GTA VC.

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

i think rockstar killed all past characters apart from lazlow,i remember in a magazine preview a rockstar bloke said all characters are either dead or never existed or something like that, i would check but i threw away my old mags

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

That graffiti doesn't mean they have to be dead for whatever reason. It just means they say goodbye to the old main characters and that they'll never be seen anymore.

And I don't think any of them are dead, not even Vic.

-Vic was not the brother, it was someone else, the police thought Lance and a brother had returned, the known criminal is Vic but it wasn't actually him. He left the crime scene since 84.

-Tommy is also retired, he gave his position to his son and married Mercedes.

-CJ, well he wiped out the Ballas and Vagos and has a lot of friends, so he lives a safe life. I'm not sure but I think there was some reference to him in LCS (on the radio or something with Madd Dogg).

-Toni, lives in his restaurant with his mother and overweight.

-Claude just left Liberty City after the heat on him and all the things he did.

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (WoozimuJakarta007 @ Aug 1 2008, 01:57)
well, it's noormal, OLDs must change by NEWs

Not always the best solution...after all, don't try to fix what ain't broken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users