Photo

GTA2 Multiplayer Tools

115 replies to this topic
fruciante
  • fruciante

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:32 AM

brilliant... in fact, i joined this site just for the purpose of finding a way to multi-play without the IP adress as a requirment. thanks!

fruciante
  • fruciante

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:55 AM

ok i have the free release of gta2 from rockstar games and i just installed the game hunter and signed in. there was one other person that is signed in, but when i try to send them a message to start a game or just click "create game" there is no response from that person. im wondering if its probably just the user or if its got something to do with my router... im not sure if my router is already set for gta2, but earlier today i was playing multiplayer against another pc on my network with no problems... does it work different when its over the internet rather LAN? thanks.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

That is just someone idling or waiting for a player with a better ping to join. Working on LAN does not mean it will work on the internet, you will need to forward ports, something many people seem to have trouble with. I wrote some router setup help, try and work it out but if you still can't then my msn is [email protected]

Sooper Cool
  • Sooper Cool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

it doesnt work for me. it just wont load the program because of some error.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:03 AM Edited by Sektor, 18 September 2005 - 02:28 AM.

Is it this error?

user posted image

System Error &H80070583 (-2147023485)

I don't know what causes it, only one person has reported that error so far and they said it didn't happen in the old version.

Try this GTA2 GH v1.45 (test version without richtext support).

You can also try GTA2 Gamer, it's another game finder made by Dracoblue but it uses a different server, so you won't see the same players.

Sooper Cool
  • Sooper Cool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:25 AM

this is what i get

user posted image

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:30 AM Edited by Sektor, 18 September 2005 - 02:34 AM.

It says that before the interface is even displayed? What are you system specs? What Windows version?

Sooper Cool
  • Sooper Cool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:58 PM

user posted image

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:02 AM

lol...

Windows 98...

Sux2BeU

equilerex
  • equilerex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:29 PM Edited by equilerex, 02 January 2006 - 02:31 PM.

a lot ppl there seems to have problem with connecting. they get the join interface after clicking on created games but theres no games listed on the interface.
i have the same problem, i turned off my firewall, i dont have a router, just adsl. but i cant join sad.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

If the host is using a router which is not set correctly, no games will appear in the "Join" list. If you have a router or firewall which is not set to allow GTA2, there will be no games in the "Join" list. If you are using a computer which is part of a network, it is probably using a router of some sort and that will normally block GTA2 unless you change its settings.

Sektor's tips on setting up routers for GTA2.

Sooper Cool, if you are still around try getting the latest version of GTA2 Game Hunter from Sektor's homepage. The problem might have been fixed since the last time you tried it.

equilerex
  • equilerex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

i dont have a ruter, all firewalls are disabled but i still dont get any games in the join list confused.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:04 AM Edited by Sektor, 31 October 2010 - 03:12 PM.

Does game hunter detect you as having a router? It should say in red text "You are using a router" when it you start it. There will also be an ® next to your name when you host. If GH says you are using a router then it's highly likely that you don't have a direct connection to the net, maybe your ADSL modem is using your external IP and is just giving your PC an internal IP. If that is the case, you will need to find a way to port forward.

You should also check if other people can join the hosts game, sometimes the host is the problem and not you.

aleksa6
  • aleksa6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

I don't play GTA by the rules... i do my own business.
Even in deathmatch i don't usually kill others, but rather vandalise cop cars and run laughing.

btw, exactly why aren't there people online?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

Old game, not everyone who has GTA2, has my program, not everyone can setup their router or has broadband. That being said, there's 15 people on right now and sometimes up to 25, it just depends on the time of day. It's most popular in europe.

funghistan
  • funghistan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:51 PM

Hi there,I have installed your program,but there are some problems with my network. I have a router,so I changed the settings as you wrote on your page. But the main problem is,that I am behind proxy server of my ISP,so I can't change its settings.Is there any solution for me? Thanks.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:29 AM Edited by Sektor, 04 April 2006 - 12:46 PM.

I need more information. Have you been able to host with other programs? Can you connect to IRC servers? Do you need to use the proxy for everything or just web sites?

You can try using http://www.hamachi.cc instead of game hunter. Hamachi doesn't require ports to be open. You will only be able to play against other people who are using hamachi though.

funghistan
  • funghistan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:35 PM Edited by funghistan, 05 April 2006 - 08:32 PM.

I need to use proxy for every program. I can connect to IRC,but I cant play online some games,for example Trackmania Nations. And Hamachi did not work for me. I tried to make static IP adress, but then I cant connect to the internet.

Catana
  • Catana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

Hi, I don't understand, what it is about with the usernames.
This name is in use.  If you were recently disconnected, you may need to wait a minute for it to timeout

But there is no one else using this name on the list and I don't want to change my username every week.
Any ideas???

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:21 AM Edited by Sektor, 20 April 2006 - 12:10 PM.

It uses irc.gtanet.com, so the name can be in use by someone using mIRC or some other IRC client and in a totally different channel.

edit: That was the case, someone else was using the name

Catana
  • Catana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:52 AM

confused.gif I had to reset the system for some times while game hunter was still running because the system was frozen. Maybe it has something to do with that. I don't know.
But I want my nick back cryani.gif

mibars
  • mibars

GTA2 Mapmaker

• Members

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:23 PM Edited by Sektor, 22 May 2006 - 10:44 AM.

Neosttrada connection (most popular polish internet provider) is banned... Why?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:40 AM Edited by Sektor, 22 May 2006 - 10:42 AM.

<Luke> We were attacked by botnets yesterday
<Luke> the only thing we can do when that happens is just kick everyone trying to connect off
<Luke> everything should be back to normal now

It has nothing to do with your ISP. Everyone who wasn't already connected was blocked. It's something we have to live with because the server is shared with many others that have nothing to do with game hunter.

mibars
  • mibars

GTA2 Mapmaker

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Ahh, OK smile.gif

Thx for deleting that topic in wrong directory tounge.gif

OliG
  • OliG

Joke Cunkie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:58 AM

biggrin.gif icon14.gif biggrin.gif icon14.gif biggrin.gif icon14.gif FANTASTIC program, i play everyday, its startin 2 get very popular i hav router, followed instructions on gtamp.com and it works fine smile.gif Its great fun thanks very very very very much sektor

btw i go on game hunter as OliG, hav a tourney site here: www.freewebs.com/gta2tourneys (i'll be changin address and major upgradin soon), msn as [email protected], chat to me baby! cyaz all soon bye!

rubba_dukie
  • rubba_dukie

Floating in a sexy bathtub near you

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:26 AM

Its great that gta2 is still popular online, with this I can find more people to play with which is cool. Thanks to whoever made it.

[DTE]Rymdkejsaren
  • [DTE]Rymdkejsaren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Apr 4 2006, 11:29)
You can try using http://www.hamachi.cc instead of game hunter. Hamachi doesn't require ports to be open. You will only be able to play against other people who are using hamachi though.

To play using hamachi I want to start an IPX game yes? But it seems I can't start one with most versions of the game. In 9.6f I can get to the first MP screen, but nothing happens when I click create. In 10.3 and 10.5, nothing happens when I press the Start NetworkGame button, period. Any tips on this?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:30 PM Edited by Sektor, 28 September 2006 - 02:51 PM.

With Hamachi, you still use TCP/IP (it could work with IPX but there's no reason to, it would just be more complex). Your opponent will need to be in the same hamachi network as you.

edit:

I'm still working on Game Hunter. Here's a screenshot of 1.47. No release date, just minor changes need to be made but lots of them and it always takes longer than I expect.

skuzzy1
  • skuzzy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:13 AM

Hi, I'm using GTA2 9.6F as well as my friend and I have created a Hamachi room. Upon TCP/IP authentication the game will be shown to both me in him in respective roles but when either of us attempts to join the game locks up and eventually the join times out. Does anyone know why this is, maybe a patch is in order?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:32 AM Edited by Sektor, 17 January 2007 - 08:04 AM.

I wouldn't expect any patches from Rockstar. Most companies don't release patches for their old games. 9.6F can work fine over hamachi. GTA2 network window will stop responding for a while if you try to a join a game that doesn't have all the ports open or has some restrictive firewall. If either of you are using a firewall, disable it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users