Photo

Suspicious Features

51 replies to this topic
tljjjr99
  • tljjjr99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:24 AM

I seriously want to see that camera phone to do some good work OUTSIDE of missions. Maybe:

- Taking pictures of people and searching in the police computer NOT during a mission.
- The ability to take pictures and save it to your hard drive.
- The ability to take some pictures during gameplay and text them to your friends online.
- Maybe, if possible, film videos with the phone and save it to your hardrive or maybe even text them to your friends online.

I'd sure hope to see something like this in the DLC.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

Am I the only person in the world that hasn't seen the skate park yet?

I finished the story, but I never saw it. Where abouts is it?

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

This is me using science for good.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ May 31 2008, 04:25)

I've heard there are three, but I've only been to two of them, both in Algonquin. If you look on the paper map that came with the game, you'll see the Booth Tunnel on the west side of Algonquin. Under that, you can see the words "west river" in the water. To the right of that are five piers. One of those piers (I think it's the middle one) has a large skate park at the end of it.

That's the easy one to give directions to. There's another one east of there, it's under an overpass, but I'd have to start the game to figure out how to give directions to it -- sorry. It's smaller anyway.

I recommend taking a Sanchez or a NRG with you.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Tatertotts @ May 31 2008, 15:41)

I've heard there are three, but I've only been to two of them, both in Algonquin. If you look on the paper map that came with the game, you'll see the Booth Tunnel on the west side of Algonquin. Under that, you can see the words "west river" in the water. To the right of that are five piers. One of those piers (I think it's the middle one) has a large skate park at the end of it.

That's the easy one to give directions to. There's another one east of there, it's under an overpass, but I'd have to start the game to figure out how to give directions to it -- sorry. It's smaller anyway.

I recommend taking a Sanchez or a NRG with you.

Cheers. I'll take a look when I unlock Algonquin again. smile.gif

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (JJCribbins @ May 30 2008, 12:55)
Yup, I reckon you may be on to something here; they're not major features (afterall, omitting them doesn't completely spoil the game) but it definitely sucks that they're not implemented in the game at the moment. I keep on thinking that being able to use MP3s as a fully-functional radio station will be one of those "unlockables" coming with the DLC; that is, not having to play music from the HD in the background (even when out of your vehicle) but actually streaming music in-game when you're driving.

It's nice to see a sensible theory for once, as opposed to:

QUOTE (some random moron)
z0mg!1!1!1!!!1!1!!1 DLC iz gona b ViCe CitY i no this coz i no someone who nows sum1 who works in rokstaa and they said its true and we r gona get new cities and not just missionz i hav 12 PS3s zomfg 360s suck ownge lolz0r!!1!!!!11!!!

Haha, still it does makes you laugh! lol.gif

I just hope you're speculation turns out to be true. We shall see.

You do know the person you quoted was joking, right?

You can tell by the way he typed. He doesn't actually think the DLC is going to be Vice City...

You need to learn to understand internet sarcasm... Unless you typed that, in which, just disregard my post. But this is just how I interpreted it.

Rich Rosas
  • Rich Rosas

Chilango incomprendido

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:49 AM

Boats and choppers races. Mentioned on radio and internet news.

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (Tatertotts @ May 30 2008, 14:54)
QUOTE (GTAaddictforever @ May 30 2008, 18:49)
good post.  if Rockstar DID leave it for DLContent so it would be worth Microsoft's 50million, then it would make sense

Back on topic, there's a house in north Alderney -- Westdyke, I think -- where the mansions are, except this house is boarded up and has spray paint all over it. That might play a part in the dlc.

isn't that the place where Phil's nephew is holding the heroin before the FBI catch on?

Shakobe
  • Shakobe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

I've seen a Didersach's before mercie_blink.gif

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Darkgamr @ May 31 2008, 04:56)
QUOTE (Tatertotts @ May 30 2008, 14:54)
QUOTE (GTAaddictforever @ May 30 2008, 18:49)
good post.  if Rockstar DID leave it for DLContent so it would be worth Microsoft's 50million, then it would make sense

Back on topic, there's a house in north Alderney -- Westdyke, I think -- where the mansions are, except this house is boarded up and has spray paint all over it. That might play a part in the dlc.

isn't that the place where Phil's nephew is holding the heroin before the FBI catch on?

Oh, no that's at the northern tip of Alderney. The place I'm talking about is somewhere south of that. Maybe on Owl Creek Ave? I'd have to start the game to be sure, and my wife's watching tv. When I can start the game up, I'll try to post some accurate directions to it.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (voyager @ May 30 2008, 18:43)
thought to list things that look like obvious un-lockables:

Well put. I think the same every time I play. I also think it kinda sucks if they do add these things in DLC. To pay 60 bucks for a game, and then extra to make it function on a higher level. I don't think anyone has the cojones to ask that from a consumer.

We shall see, though.

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Shakobe @ May 31 2008, 04:59)
I've seen a Didersach's before  mercie_blink.gif

Didier Sachs (spelling?) was the place to buy really expensive clothes in SA. There are at least 2 of them in LC --one near the airport, and another one in Burlesque (Times Square). I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are more, but as far as I can tell you can't go in them. Yet.

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:18 AM Edited by Dhatz, 31 May 2008 - 05:37 AM.

+ kart racing
+ProLAps

Wait a f*ckin minit,Rckstr,it was said ome time ago that you'll be able to go to cinema and watch movies there!
Edit: why not make videocalls in MP? And we could use someone to spy someone else trough the live video!

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:39 AM Edited by Tatertotts, 31 May 2008 - 05:42 AM.

Ok, I found it. I'm not posting an image, so you'll need to use these directions if you want to find it.

It's on Cariboo Ave in Westdyke, Alderney. From the top of the paper map in Alderney, you'll see Beaverhead Ave, then further south, Big Horn Drive, then further south Owl Creek Ave, then further south Cariboo Ave. There is only one curve in Cariboo Ave, and in that curve you'll see the house I'm talking about.

edit: just to be clear the "paper map" is the one that comes in the box with the game disc and the guide to LC.

wafflemaster
  • wafflemaster

Space Cadet

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

I have also had my suspicions about various unrealized features of LC. I find it increasingly logical that some of the game features would need to have been held-back by the developers, in order for the DLC to be genuinely worthwhile (or worth $50 million anyways). The karting in Bully was far too good for R* not to utilize the track here (at the amusement park), and the Swingers golf club would at least be accessible in free-roam if it were not going to be used for something more substantial.

My hope for trucking missions is also worth mentioning, as is a proper taxi game, but have no real evidence to suggest either will be realized sad.gif

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (wafflemaster @ May 31 2008, 05:42)
I have also had my suspicions about various unrealized features of LC. I find it increasingly logical that some of the game features would need to have been held-back by the developers, in order for the DLC to be genuinely worthwhile (or worth $50 million anyways). The karting in Bully was far too good for R* not to utilize the track here (at the amusement park), and the Swingers golf club would at least be accessible in free-roam if it were not going to be used for something more substantial.

My hope for trucking missions is also worth mentioning, as is a proper taxi game, but have no real evidence to suggest either will be realized sad.gif

I guess I should stop posting this. The dlc won't be worth $50 mil to the people who play it. The $50mil is an investment by MS to sell 360 consoles. Sony invested a buttload of cash to keep GTA games exclusive to the ps2 back in the day. That cash didn't have anything to do with the content of the games, just as this $50 mil doesn't have anything to do with the content of dlc. By all indications, this exclusive deal has already made MS more than $50 mil in console sales. For all MS cares, the dlc is fingerless gloves.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

thanks for the finds and for keeping this thread pretty much clean and mature =D

i really expected to find a flame war here this morning - nice surprise colgate.gif

QUOTE (Skyline_Mad @ May 31 2008, 00:19)
*pay-n-spray's have extra bay's... hmm..

I was wondering that, maybe there will be some kind of modification in the future, even if its only nos, able to Change to the Colour you want, and new wheels, (and maybe the option to fepair car without respraying) then i'l be happy.

the pay-n-spray in north algonquin has a few extra bays, and the walls seperating them are lower than the ceiling. next time i get a chance to play ima grab an ambulance or something and see if i can't climb over the wall. looks promising.

QUOTE (motorforum @ May 31 2008, 01:28)
It's been the norm for this generation for things to be left out to make release dates and I really think you could be on to something. The fronts for Didier Sachs, Eris and the skate shop are very well detailed...

i'm sorry what's "Eris" ?

a couple doors north of the bowling alley in south algonquin, along the western coast of the island. right next to the driving range. there are also a couple of half-pipes underneath the expressways.. i remember coming across one in east algonquin, and remember reading a post saying there were more. they are surrounded by wooden fence.. so skateboard-friendly spots are not limited to the main park =)

QUOTE (Rich Rosas @ May 31 2008, 04:49)
Boats and choppers races. Mentioned on radio and internet news.

i hadn't heard the newscast but i've seen this mentioned before. there is also a ramp in the water between bohan and algonquin which could only be a jump for a boat -- is this used in the story at any time or is it another obvious hint??

last night was the foirst night since april 29th i haven't played the game, but as "snake without tongue" says every time i play i seem to see something that looks like it ought to be unlocked.. so i'll keep updating.

@ waffle -- have you seen the semi-truck depots i am talking about? i will try to post a pic. they look very suspicious to me..

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (voyager @ May 31 2008, 16:00)

QUOTE (motorforum @ May 31 2008, 01:28)
It's been the norm for this generation for things to be left out to make release dates and I really think you could be on to something. The fronts for Didier Sachs, Eris and the skate shop are very well detailed...

i'm sorry what's "Eris" ?

A shoe company from GTA3, heres the classic ad from the game:

QUOTE (voyager @ May 31 2008, 16:00)

QUOTE (Skyline_Mad @ May 31 2008, 00:19)
*pay-n-spray's have extra bay's... hmm..

I was wondering that, maybe there will be some kind of modification in the future, even if its only nos, able to Change to the Colour you want, and new wheels, (and maybe the option to fepair car without respraying) then i'l be happy.

the pay-n-spray in north algonquin has a few extra bays, and the walls seperating them are lower than the ceiling. next time i get a chance to play ima grab an ambulance or something and see if i can't climb over the wall. looks promising.

Good luck smile.gif hope you find something that will hint to upgrades, fingers crossed.

wafflemaster
  • wafflemaster

Space Cadet

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Tatertotts @ May 31 2008, 06:53)
QUOTE (wafflemaster @ May 31 2008, 05:42)

My hope for trucking missions is also worth mentioning, as is a proper taxi game, but have no real evidence to suggest either will be realized  sad.gif

I guess I should stop posting this. The dlc won't be worth $50 mil to the people who play it. The $50mil is an investment by MS to sell 360 consoles. Sony invested a buttload of cash to keep GTA games exclusive to the ps2 back in the day. That cash didn't have anything to do with the content of the games, just as this $50 mil doesn't have anything to do with the content of dlc. By all indications, this exclusive deal has already made MS more than $50 mil in console sales. For all MS cares, the dlc is fingerless gloves.

I certainly did not mean to suggest that the DLC would include $50 million of new features for Liberty City, just that the content would need to be significant enough to justify a large sum of money for exclusivity. After all, what would be the point of paying $50 million (allegedly) for exclusive content that nobody actually wants to purchase (I am assuming it will come at a price here, but even if it were free to D/L it would still need to justify the original purchase of the 360 version of the game) ?? It cannot be too lightweight, otherwise gamers would be rightly aggrieved at the misleading nature of the marketing campaign from MS, who tempted customers in with the suggestion that their application would be more significant than their competitors. Fingerless gloves would not justify the means, and if they were to stiff us with GTA IV, then they would set the DLC business model back significantly.

MS are not idiots.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

There are loads of boat jumps that are conveniently placed for the Multiplayer races

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (wafflemaster @ May 31 2008, 19:58)
I certainly did not mean to suggest that the DLC would include $50 million of new features for Liberty City, just that the content would need to be significant enough to justify a large sum of money for exclusivity. After all, what would be the point of paying $50 million (allegedly) for exclusive content that nobody actually wants to purchase (I am assuming it will come at a price here, but even if it were free to D/L it would still need to justify the original purchase of the 360 version of the game) ?? It cannot be too lightweight, otherwise gamers would be rightly aggrieved at the misleading nature of the marketing campaign from MS, who tempted customers in with the suggestion that their application would be more significant than their competitors. Fingerless gloves would not justify the means, and if they were to stiff us with GTA IV, then they would set the DLC business model back significantly.

MS are not idiots.

Ah, I misunderstood, then. Obviously my gloves comment was hyperbole; the dlc will probably be fairly substantial. I still don't think they made the investment to sell the dlc (though they probably will sell it) but rather to sell consoles, biut your reasoning about the dlc business makes sense.

Of course, MS not being idiots is debatable (Windows ME?). lol.gif

lordmark16
  • lordmark16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

CHECK THIS OUT

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (lordmark16 @ May 31 2008, 20:37)
CHECK THIS OUT

don't click.

it would be a rick roll if the poster was smart enough to find a rick astley video, but not only is he a troll and moron he is too stupid to get a rick roll right.

kinda cool i guess i've never seen anyone FAIL at rick-rolling before lol.

thanks again for keeping this thread mature =\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users