Suspicious Features

51 replies to this topic
voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

thought to list things that look like obvious un-lockables:

*Amusement Park ( awfully big tease if R* never planned to make it operational )

*Skate Park ( working soda machines but no easy way to get a vehicle inside? why waste the modeling time? )

*Driving Range ( working soda machines and multiple tiers with no access? um.. )

*Binco's

*3rd strip club

*Trucking missions ( depots on duke's expressway, south bohan, etc. with persistently spawning rigs & trailers look pretty familiar.. )

*pay-n-spray's have extra bay's... hmm..

*working garages at some houses = future buyable properties?

i'm sure there are more, but i've only just unlocked alderney and haven't got game handy. i will add whatever else i see as i keep playing, and in a year, i can look back and see how smart/dumb i was =p

@ haters: i'm making this thread knowing that it's all speculation, and i'm only about a 3rd into the game. i'd still consider my $60 well spent if nothing gets unlocked. this isn't a fanboy or anti-fanboy thread. it's an actual GTA thread. thanks for t3h maturity.

please add any features that you think might be forthcoming, with some in-game justification for your speculation!

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

This is me using science for good.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

Do storylines count as features in this thread?

unoleian
  • unoleian

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

OP hasn't finished game yet, it would be rude to discuss which storylines are left unresolved.
But on those, yeah, potential for DLC there.

GTAaddictforever
  • GTAaddictforever

The Duderino

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

yes, I suspect this too.

good post. if Rockstar DID leave it for DLContent so it would be worth Microsoft's 50million, then it would make sense

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (unoleian @ May 30 2008, 18:47)
OP hasn't finished game yet, it would be rude to discuss which storylines are left unresolved.
But on those, yeah, potential for DLC there.

This is why I asked first.

JJCribbins
  • JJCribbins

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Yup, I reckon you may be on to something here; they're not major features (afterall, omitting them doesn't completely spoil the game) but it definitely sucks that they're not implemented in the game at the moment. I keep on thinking that being able to use MP3s as a fully-functional radio station will be one of those "unlockables" coming with the DLC; that is, not having to play music from the HD in the background (even when out of your vehicle) but actually streaming music in-game when you're driving.

It's nice to see a sensible theory for once, as opposed to:

QUOTE (some random moron)
z0mg!1!1!1!!!1!1!!1 DLC iz gona b ViCe CitY i no this coz i no someone who nows sum1 who works in rokstaa and they said its true and we r gona get new cities and not just missionz i hav 12 PS3s zomfg 360s suck ownge lolz0r!!1!!!!11!!!

Haha, still it does makes you laugh! lol.gif

I just hope you're speculation turns out to be true. We shall see.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

i knew i was forgetting one that i had been thinking of and it just hit me --

* shooting range ( ever notice the extra door in the foyer of all the gun shops? you know, the one next to the paper targets? hmm... )

thanks for not posting spoilers =)
i've gathered that there are loose ends in the story, but i meant for this thread to deal with "features" and "sidegames" primarily, not missions.

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (GTAaddictforever @ May 30 2008, 18:49)
good post. if Rockstar DID leave it for DLContent so it would be worth Microsoft's 50million, then it would make sense

No, that really wouldn't make much sense. MS didn't pay for content, they paid for exclusive rights for some dlc. They did this to sell 360s, and according to numbers I've seen, the 360 has sold 500,000 units since the release of GTA IV. The content of the dlc isn't what would make the $50 mil investment "worth it" for MS -- I'm sure they don't care what the content is as long as the "exclusive" deal sells 360s.

Back on topic, there's a house in north Alderney -- Westdyke, I think -- where the mansions are, except this house is boarded up and has spray paint all over it. That might play a part in the dlc.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

* auto shop in Bohan, just north of the safehouse. it's destroyed in a mission and stays destroyed AFAIK -- of all the properties i've owned in any GTA, i loved having my own car showcase / garage. maybe we can get it rebuilt? this is more a hope than a theory =p

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

Mini go kart course.
ATM (must be some point to them)
Carwash
amusement arcade
pier 45

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

The driving range or whatever that is by the Golden Pier, maybe?

CCOLINN
  • CCOLINN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

There's also an unenterable Didier Sachs near the Airport.

RONIN1191
  • RONIN1191

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

We just have to wait and see. Binco's was bargain basement issue in SA, I wouldn't expect to see it here- and only because we have clothing stores in place. Maybe expanded inventories - or maybe, be able to enter in some of the other shops that you see the fronts of. I also saw a sign for Didier Sachs so...who knows?

I'm surprised the Addict hasn't blasted us with a post extolling the myriad options 'missing' from IV that were present in SA. cool.gif

Damn you Colin (its also my brother's name so if you perceive any sibling angst, my apologies beforehand) ninja'd me. LOL

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

Still wondering why no Semi Trucks, they would be awesome in this game with a trailer, etc. I could see this as DLC

Crosby
  • Crosby

This place will come to life Feb 17

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

I've seen an inaccessible building w/ a working escalator in it.
No the Bear was not in it. I'm being serial.

scotsfever
  • scotsfever

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 30 2008, 20:31)

well other than mugging people who use them and seeing how much money you have, nothing else to them.
I dare say whatever DLC comes along it will be good so im gonna sit back and wait biggrin.gif

ishouldntbehere
  • ishouldntbehere

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

there's also the mini-golf course at the amusement park. I think a lot of it was cut due to time constraints, unfortunately, and probably will never see the light of day. We can only wait for the next game to come out.

but thanks to OP for admitting it's SPECULATION.

ps3_,man
  • ps3_,man

smugler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

how about the camera you can't even view what youve taken and didn't one of the reviews say that they could listen to the radio via mobile it was the three leaf clover mission (that may ring some bells smile.gif ).

good topic.

rckstr
  • rckstr

Showaman

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Crosby @ May 30 2008, 21:19)
I've seen an inaccessible building w/ a working escalator in it.
No the Bear was not in it. I'm being serial.

Yep I know the very building you talking about, I think it is a cinema btw because there is a lot of movie billboards inside.

cat33
  • cat33

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

This would be awsome if they really put this in the DLC, i hope it will be and good find voyager btw and i agree with ishouldntbehere it was probably taken out due to them running out of time

HenTz
  • HenTz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (scotsfever @ May 30 2008, 23:29)
QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 30 2008, 20:31)

well other than mugging people who use them and seeing how much money you have, nothing else to them.
I dare say whatever DLC comes along it will be good so im gonna sit back and wait biggrin.gif

Umm.. You can mug peds when they're using ATM ?

koloco9
  • koloco9

Cronic BOOM!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

The phone has a camera, but it's useless. I think it was needed for only, maybe, two missions. I can't even save the pics that I want. Is it really that complicated to figure out people might want to save their pictures? Especially when there is so much more to capture now that we have multi-player. The camera in SA was so simple.

user posted image

ishouldntbehere
  • ishouldntbehere

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (koloco9 @ May 30 2008, 15:05)
The phone has a camera, but it's useless. I think it was needed for only, maybe, two missions. I can't even save the pics that I want. Is it really that complicated to figure out people might want to save their pictures? Especially when there is so much more to capture now that we have multi-player. The camera in SA was so simple.

user posted image

that would have been perfect to make 'replay' videos, except it would be funny because they were made on a camera phone-- similar to how videos like that get uploaded in real life.

Also, there is a website in the in-game internet that is a youtube knockoff. Seems like they could have added a lot of funny videos, (some have like, 'old lady falls down stairs, dude laughs) but when you click on any video, it says, "content has been removed". another tease.

yes, this is a good topic.

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

the prison is a huge area that is only really any good for MP at themoment.

I would like to see some missions around there for the DLC.

maybe you have to get arrested and whack someone in there then escape or something.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (voyager @ May 30 2008, 18:43)
*pay-n-spray's have extra bay's... hmm..

I was wondering that, maybe there will be some kind of modification in the future, even if its only nos, able to Change to the Colour you want, and new wheels, (and maybe the option to fepair car without respraying) then i'l be happy.

GTAaddictforever
  • GTAaddictforever

The Duderino

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Tatertotts @ May 30 2008, 19:54)
good post.  if Rockstar DID leave it for DLContent so it would be worth Microsoft's 50million, then it would make sense

No, that really wouldn't make much sense. MS didn't pay for content, they paid for exclusive rights for some dlc. They did this to sell 360s, and according to numbers I've seen, the 360 has sold 500,000 units since the release of GTA IV. The content of the dlc isn't what would make the $50 mil investment "worth it" for MS -- I'm sure they don't care what the content is as long as the "exclusive" deal sells 360s.

Back on topic, there's a house in north Alderney -- Westdyke, I think -- where the mansions are, except this house is boarded up and has spray paint all over it. That might play a part in the dlc.

you use a PS3 right? i can tell

Microsoft didn't spend 50 million smackers for a t-shirt and new hats.

LeeH1989
  • LeeH1989

Ex Crew Member Of Micheal's...

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

It would be awesome if they did release em as DLC.

motorforum
  • motorforum

ped crusher

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

It's been the norm for this generation for things to be left out to make release dates and I really think you could be on to something. The fronts for Didier Sachs, Eris and the skate shop are very well detailed, as are several shops in the Broker area (haven't done many missions, only have Bohan opened so far), so it doesn't seem beyond reason that these are possibly in DLC, but I don't think they're in the exclusive. I imagine that both systems would get these upgrade DLCs if it were to happen. I definitely think the few auto-shops with wheels and bumpers lying around are over detailed for no obvious reason.Also, at the site of the Didier Sachs, there's a mall. It needs to be opened!

LeeH1989
  • LeeH1989

Ex Crew Member Of Micheal's...

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

I know, there are so many things what look do-able if you get me ? like they should be interacted with.. specialy the garages n shops like DS n stuff, i hope they release all of them as DLC that would be awesome alos i would love to buy a mansion or something..

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:52 AM Edited by Tatertotts, 31 May 2008 - 03:54 AM.

QUOTE (GTAaddictforever @ May 31 2008, 00:30)
QUOTE (Tatertotts @ May 30 2008, 19:54)
good post.  if Rockstar DID leave it for DLContent so it would be worth Microsoft's 50million, then it would make sense

you use a PS3 right? i can tell

Microsoft didn't spend 50 million smackers for a t-shirt and new hats.

You can tell I use a ps3? Huh? I didn't say anything about about t-shirts or hats. I said MS paid for exclusive rights so they would be able to sell 360s. And it has worked. They have apparently outsold the ps3 in console units since the release of GTA IV. Sony did the same thing when they bought the exclusive rights for the other GTA games on the ps2. Back then, Sony didn't pay for the content of GTA games; they paid for the "exclusive" rights to the game so they could sell consoles. This time around, MS decided that offering some exclusive dlc would help their sales, so that's what they did. The content of the game/dlc has zilch to do with the amount of money they invested in this advertising plan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users