» «
Photo

Can't even go inside police station

71 replies to this topic
mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:47 AM Edited by mkey82, 30 May 2008 - 09:49 AM.

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ May 30 2008, 11:37)
mkey82: What makes you think current consoles will go on the same timeline as the previous ones?

IMHO it's the same as always. The technology gap becomes to obvious. Consoles become outdated, people want nicer graphics and console manufacturers want more money for new consoles.

This time around Sony got screwed over with premature x360 release so in the next iteration I think they will try not let that happen and will probably try to remake the PS2 campaign. PS2 was out early, it had loads of titles to support it (look at PS3, it needed to wait for a year and a half before the first real console seller got released) and it sold very well all over the globe. And it still sell (almost 120 million, I think). The 5 five year life span in gaming technology is to long as is. IMHO we will see the new consoles somewhere on the start of 2012 and I'm not sure R* has enough time to develop one more (new) GTA. There will probably be something like more DLC or GTA IV LC Stories or something like that. The development was expensive and they need to milk it dry.

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 30 2008, 11:42)
sure it's fun for the first time, but i still think their efforts could have been
better spent on gameplay features that add to longevity, and freedom

IMHO they should have concentrated on making the game a bit more realistic and finetuning the engine. If they really wanted to lay tracks for next GTA.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:55 AM Edited by fishing4monkeys, 30 May 2008 - 10:05 AM.

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 30 2008, 09:42)
I see what you're saying, but i still think they went a bit overboard.
i can't pretend to know anything about the technical side of it,
but surely the TV and comedy routines must have taken up time and space?
does it really add anything to the game?
sure it's fun for the first time, but i still think their efforts could have been
better spent on gameplay features that add to longevity, and freedom

This is kind of hard to explain but you're right and wrong at the same time tounge.gif They could have added some more features but i'm pretty sure the bulk of their time was spent on the technical side of the game like the new phisics, lighting, etc. Those parts can't simply have a little bit taken out. Either it's all there or non at all. It's kind of like GTAIII; they tackled the 3d aspect in the first game then proceded to add features and gameplay elements. GTAIV is kind of the same thing. They have to tackle the technical side before they can go all out on the rest of the game. I'm sure they could have spent more time on features but I, for one, am glad they spent it on making the game run good. Alot of "GTA clones" have a ton of features but the gameplay feels stiff and half-assed. And what good are all those features if the gameplay (which dictates the whole game) is dull and annoying.

Whoops I got a little offtrack there...you were saying why can't they take out some detail in favor of features...well I think it's less of a matter of space and more about the time. Like I said they probably spent the bulk of the time perfecting the core gameplay (the stuff that doesn't blatenty stand out yet is the main part of the game). So when playing the game (just driving around or walking or whatever) feels fluid and relaxed versus being stiff and forced like alot of other sandbox games.

QUOTE (mkey82)
IMHO they should have concentrated on making the game a bit more realistic and finetuning the engine. If they really wanted to lay tracks for next GTA.

Exactly what i've been trying to say. That's actually what they did! They made it realistic and detailed and then will focuse of adding features and such.

By the way (and I might be compleatly wrong) but I don't think that the ps3 and 360 will become outdated quite as quick as the ps2. The PS1 sold well and all the PS2 had to do was top it's predecessor. PS3 and 360 had to top each other and, therefore, workd alot harder to make a better console.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

i suppose many people do find that sort of thing annoying,
but to be honest i've never been bothered by the bugs and
glitches, i can overlook all that stuff if the gameplay is there

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

I agree that it would have taken a long time to perfect the physics and such.
but they still found all that extra time for creating internet sites, TV etc
i do however concede that they have different departments running these different aspects

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:09 AM Edited by fishing4monkeys, 30 May 2008 - 10:14 AM.

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 30 2008, 10:01)
I agree that it would have taken a long time to perfect the physics and such.
but they still found all that extra time for creating internet sites, TV etc
i do however concede that they have different departments running these different aspects

I'm not talking about bugs and glitches i'm talking about things like the stiffness of Driv3r controls. Without fluid controls and core gameplay things like immersive features wouldn't be as fun.

Things like in-game websites and ATMs are alot easier to make then any immersive feature would be. Like I said they focused on the technicals this time. Simply taking out the little features wouldn't mean they could add major features in the same amount of time. Even if they lowered the detail in favor of more features the game probably wouldn't have been ready by april 29th.

EDIT: I'd keep going but I have stuff to do and places to go so anything else just PM me.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

I see what your saying, and the bugs and glitches comment was addressed to Mikey.

but yeah i appreciate what you're saying, but what about all the dating your friends
stuff, surely they could've swapped that for just some generic robbery missions
bank heists that sorta thing, and the bowling,darts,pool, could have been replaced
by little minigames, like robbing warehouses, ripping ATMs from the wall or something
I dunno, but it seems to me like a lotta these things must take up a bit of time, and
if they managed to integrate these in with the current gen graphics and physics
surely they could have replaced them with generic missions which would be a little
more fun and offer a little more replayability. could it be that hard to add in the missions
from the old games where you would get into a car and it would spawn checkpoints
that you had to collect within certain time. So replace checkpoints with drug packages
or something more in keeping with the criminal feel.
wouldn't it just take a simple generic mission editor? i really don't know

domthecondom
  • domthecondom

GTA LOVER!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

i cant belive the amount of moaning towards this game, people dont appriciate the fact that rahkstar2.gif made a whole new game, and didnt have time to implement everything that was in other games, or left it out because it didnt fit with niko/libertycity

yes ok....there are not many buildings you can enter.....but the whole point of a new Gen game is, that they start of basic with a new engine and then adapt more things, with the next game

If you hate the game...stop playing it....cos im bored of reading your complaints...please if you want to complain...open a topic where you can complain!!! instead of opening new once :|

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 30 2008, 10:22)
I see what your saying, and the bugs and glitches comment was addressed to Mikey.

but yeah i appreciate what you're saying, but what about all the dating your friends
stuff, surely they could've swapped that for just some generic robbery missions
bank heists that sorta thing, and the bowling,darts,pool, could have been replaced
by little minigames, like robbing warehouses, ripping ATMs from the wall or something
I dunno, but it seems to me like a lotta these things must take up a bit of time, and
if they managed to integrate these in with the current gen graphics and physics
surely they could have replaced them with generic missions which would be a little
more fun and offer a little more replayability. could it be that hard to add in the missions
from the old games where you would get into a car and it would spawn checkpoints
that you had to collect within certain time. So replace checkpoints with drug packages
or something more in keeping with the criminal feel.
wouldn't it just take a simple generic mission editor? i really don't know

Yeah you're probably right about alot of that. I thought you meant like really big features but now I see you just meant smaller stuff to do on the side. R* went for absolute realism this time (Ie. no spontaneous side missions) and in doing so took a gamble. Right now it looks like fans are devided about 60/40 (60 liking the changes and 40 wanting more features). When 1 or (maybe/hopefully) 2 more GTAs are made on the current coonsoles they will have slightly more detail plus more features like you mentioned. --End--

MrManwelo
  • MrManwelo

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Pandemic0rgasm @ May 30 2008, 08:24)
New Features:
  • Multiplayer
  • Multiplayer Clothes M/F
  • High Definition Graphics
  • Improved Vehicle Physics
  • Far More Detailed World
  • More individual signs & stores
  • More elaborate building models
  • Death Effect
  • TV
  • Internet
  • Phone In Backup
  • Phone In Guns
Missing:
  • Amunation
  • Amunation Gun Challenges
  • Flamethrower
  • Properties
  • Parachutes
  • Skydive Controls
  • Clothing Options
  • Car Customization
  • Car Color Choice
  • Exercise To Change Body Type
  • Nitro
  • Jets & Dogfights
  • Jetpack
  • Aircraft Hanger/Garage
  • Tanks
  • Military
  • Combat Helicopter
  • Bullet
  • Working Semi's W/ Trailers
  • Farm Equipment
  • ATV's
  • Music Choice
  • Flight School
  • Driving School
  • Multiple Races w Car Rewards
  • Marathons
  • Bicycles
  • Fight Training
  • Mountains & Country
  • Flight Between Cities
  • Jump locations
  • Tatoos
  • Haircuts
Hmmm?

you forgot

>Monster Trucks
>Those arena places where you could do box car races, etc
>Police Motorbikes
>Caddy
>An option to let you turn off the radio
>Diving underwater
>Driving controls that let you eaily do drive-bys
>Paramedic, Firefighter, Truck driving missions
>A split screen multiplayer
>An option to play bowling/darts/pool online in free mode or something
>Cheeta
>Cool FIB cars (I mean Buffalo? Come on...)
>Something to do after you have completed the game that earns you money ($5000 for 1 RPG rocket, it all adds up)

I enjoyed the single player and Cops and Crooks for a short while, but IV seems to be missing that certain something.

Don't get me wrong, IV is an ace game, its just no San Andreas in my opinion.

Dackiiweed
  • Dackiiweed

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

Remember the game was based partly on REALISM.

Yeah before you start saying there is nothing real about it, i don't wanna hear that from you, ok so you don't have a flamethrower, boo hoo, who's going to run around in NYC(LC) setting people on fire?

Actually thats a pretty sh*t example, on the fun aspect, who's to be taring through NYC(LC) in a monster truck? Think about these things. And look at the positives and the work that has been put into GTA4, for one, pedestrians have LIVES, thats something we haven't really seen in any other GTA game, look at the graphics, some technical faults, but no game is perfect!

Stop complaining about little things, we've still gotta hear about the DLC.
So just hope to get what your sooo badly wanting, but don't get your hopes up then start crying about it here, because its plain annoying. Be happy with what you got, some people can't even get the game yet. So just think yourself lucky!

Adios Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

MrManwelo
  • MrManwelo

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Dackiiweed @ May 30 2008, 15:13)
Remember the game was based partly on REALISM.

Yeah before you start saying there is nothing real about it, i don't wanna hear that from you, ok so you don't have a flamethrower, boo hoo, who's going to run around in NYC(LC) setting people on fire?

Actually thats a pretty sh*t example, on the fun aspect, who's to be taring through NYC(LC) in a monster truck? Think about these things. And look at the positives and the work that has been put into GTA4, for one, pedestrians have LIVES, thats something we haven't really seen in any other GTA game, look at the graphics, some technical faults, but no game is perfect!

Stop complaining about little things, we've still gotta hear about the DLC.
So just hope to get what your sooo badly wanting, but don't get your hopes up then start crying about it here, because its plain annoying. Be happy with what you got, some people can't even get the game yet. So just think yourself lucky!

Adios Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

'tearing through LC in a monster truck'

'run around LC settin gpeople on fire'

I mean come on. How fun does that sound?! Your trying to sound negative about it, and it's still making it sound awesome.

They slipped up... (or purposely left things out so they can milk us for all we're worth when the DLC arrives)

GTAaddictforever
  • GTAaddictforever

The Duderino

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Pandemic0rgasm @ May 30 2008, 08:24)
New Features:
  • Multiplayer
  • Multiplayer Clothes M/F
  • High Definition Graphics
  • Improved Vehicle Physics
  • Far More Detailed World
  • More individual signs & stores
  • More elaborate building models
  • Death Effect
  • TV
  • Internet
  • Phone In Backup
  • Phone In Guns
Missing:
  • Amunation
  • Amunation Gun Challenges
  • Flamethrower
  • Properties
  • Parachutes
  • Skydive Controls
  • Clothing Options
  • Car Customization
  • Car Color Choice
  • Exercise To Change Body Type
  • Nitro
  • Jets & Dogfights
  • Jetpack
  • Aircraft Hanger/Garage
  • Tanks
  • Military
  • Combat Helicopter
  • Bullet
  • Working Semi's W/ Trailers
  • Farm Equipment
  • ATV's
  • Music Choice
  • Flight School
  • Driving School
  • Multiple Races w Car Rewards
  • Marathons
  • Bicycles
  • Fight Training
  • Mountains & Country
  • Flight Between Cities
  • Jump locations
  • Tatoos
  • Haircuts
Hmmm?

thats a good list, but not even close to complete.

the list of MISSING FEATURES from GTA 3, GTA VC and GTA SA is much longer than that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users