126 replies to this topic
feroxxism
  • feroxxism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

its a good idea imo.

I'd play.

but most o the people who buy and play gta as we can see from the above posts are massively ignorant so doing such a thing r* would lose revenue.

which is sad, but whatevs.

Btw, any of you that have anything like 'im not sexist but' or any derivative thereof well guess what... you're an ignorant bigot, straight up.

I am a heterosexual male, I can play a chick in a game and not have my sexuality threatened. The rest o you a weak little sh*ts w/ no balls.

How Ironic.

"I'm not sexist but..." gawd whatta crock. Same thing as "My best friend is black but" followed by straight up bigotry.

Props to the op, but the rest o you make me depressed.

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (mortensenc @ May 29 2008, 10:55)
She couldn't drive.
Be scared of firing a gun.
Couldnt wear body armour as it clashes with her shoes.
Spend 3 hours before stepping out the house.
Wouldn't fist fight as shed break a nail.
Spend all day shopping.
Would have to be at home at 6 o'clock to make the dinner.

Did i miss ne stereotypes ( as gta is just using stereotypes ) plus a woman running round, shooting, bank robbing, drive bys just doesnt seem right.

oh oh breaking a heel during a bank robbery ...

p.s. Im not sexist honest (no matter what my friends say) im just seriously cool biggrin.gif

I beg to differ, bring me to a shooting range and i will show you how girls shoot, the first bullet will be in your crotch.

and hop in my car, I will show you how a real woman drives..

All of these ridiculous stereotypes don't apply to videogames

why?

#1 the character doesn't drive, the player does
#2 the character doesn't shoot, the player does
#3 You never see the body armor in any of the gta's

so excuse me while i take my broken heel, and stick it in your sexist mouth.

mortensenc
  • mortensenc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

gee you people sure cant take a joke first of all i know that these are only stereotypes and have no realation to what happens in real life but these are stereotypes and thats gta uses do all black people deliver drugs, do all skin head muscle ridden guys boost cars are all irish families close and drunk no but its what people expect you dont see the main character being a normal man its the stereotypical man likes guns fast cars and explosions, alot of men just sit at home and read have families get real jobs that dont involve taking on gangs

foyst
  • foyst

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (feroxxism @ May 29 2008, 18:06)
I am a heterosexual male, I can play a chick in a game and not have my sexuality threatened.  The rest o you a weak little sh*ts w/ no balls.

Lol, was thinking that same thing reading through this thread.

Great idea imo, and totally agree that there would be a fresh angle for rockstar to come from in terms of missions.

And as the op said, resi evil, tombraider, (also samus from metroid, Ms dark from perfect dark, and raiden from mgs2) were all great female leads, did you not play them games because you felt like you were a woman?

Bring it on, would love to play as a femme fatale!

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (mortensenc @ May 29 2008, 13:55)
She couldn't drive.
Be scared of firing a gun.
Couldnt wear body armour as it clashes with her shoes.
Spend 3 hours before stepping out the house.
Wouldn't fist fight as shed break a nail.
Spend all day shopping.
Would have to be at home at 6 o'clock to make the dinner.

Did i miss ne stereotypes ( as gta is just using stereotypes ) plus a woman running round, shooting, bank robbing, drive bys just doesnt seem right.

oh oh breaking a heel during a bank robbery ...

p.s. Im not sexist honest (no matter what my friends say) im just seriously cool biggrin.gif

Catalina has none of those emotions and things you listed. You're saying that there isn't a female that isn't badass? Well, Catalina is one. If there was a female who was as badass as Catalina without all the anger, then I see no problem having a female character. I'm not exactly sure if I would want a female protagonist or if it's good for the series, but I see no problem in it.

jmr29
  • jmr29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

I think there should be character customization, like being able to upload your picture and create yourself as the character.

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:01 PM

Then it would be poor graphics of your character suicidal.gif

tarquin biscuitbarrel
  • tarquin biscuitbarrel

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:06 PM Edited by tarquin biscuitbarrel, 29 May 2008 - 08:09 PM.

QUOTE (Guerilla85 @ May 29 2008, 16:20)
I would love to see a female main character, maybe Niko has a bad ass cousin that was in the war? biggrin.gif

maybe she can be the next protag.?

It's about time we see some girls kick some ass!

And kiddies, Lesbians aren't the only tough women to play a role of this type, that's such a stereotypical ignorant comment, and to whom said something about the character should drive bad cause she's a girl, screw you sexist.

The player controls the car, not the character first off, and second, why mention periods if niko doesn't goto the bathroom and do his business? no GTA character has ever had to maintain their health in that way.

Typical men...

rockstar make a stereotypical world, they always have done.

P.S. GTA1 had female characters.

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (tarquin biscuitbarrel @ May 29 2008, 20:06)
QUOTE (Guerilla85 @ May 29 2008, 16:20)
I would love to see a female main character, maybe Niko has a bad ass cousin that was in the war? biggrin.gif

maybe she can be the next protag.?

It's about time we see some girls kick some ass!

And kiddies, Lesbians aren't the only tough women to play a role of this type, that's such a stereotypical ignorant comment, and to whom said something about the character should drive bad cause she's a girl, screw you sexist.

The player controls the car, not the character first off, and second, why mention periods if niko doesn't goto the bathroom and do his business? no GTA character has ever had to maintain their health in that way.

Typical men...

rockstar make a stereotypical world, they always have done.

Nicely Sayed smile.gif devil.gif

jmr29
  • jmr29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (JordGem @ May 29 2008, 20:01)
Then it would be poor graphics of your character suicidal.gif

I meant to say in the distant future. I think they could eventually come up with something like that.

„EDD„
  • „EDD„

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Guerilla85 @ May 29 2008, 18:39)

leave her alone guys, it's her time of the month...

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE („EDD„ @ May 29 2008, 13:32)
QUOTE (Guerilla85 @ May 29 2008, 18:39)

leave her alone guys, it's her time of the month...

Ha very funny, actually this is me being friendly in an arguement, you wouldn't want to see me during that time trust me biggrin.gif

But yea, i have to defend my own kind, if I made a thread saying a man being the protagonist would ruin gta i'm sure you men would defend that to the death.

(not that a male protag. is a bad thing, its an example)

Anyways...I hope rockstar has the guts to make a female protagonist.

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

It's funny the first thing that comes to most people's minds with a female protagonist is that "oh crap i gotta play as a lesbian". This is pretty much saying your playing GTA for video game sex and dating pretend girlfriends. I think it's cool to see Niko socialize and cruise with honeys because it shows this contrast in character whereas one minute he's robbing a bank and the next he's dialing the wifey. Goes to show he is just a regular guy with guy needs. I just think if the character was a girl it would solve a lot of issues and make room for what GTA is all about (committing felonies and living the thug life).

It would also shut up nieve parents, and anyone else who speaks out against violence in videogames, saying these kinds of games are sadistic and immoral. The one thing they ALWAYS say is "a game where you can run over a hooker after sex" is a game that should burn in hell. If the main character is a hooker-with-a-heart-of-revenge packing a glock, the ignoranus's blaming violent video games for everything will need to find a new facet of the game to complain about.

Not to mention the fact that gun recoil is often responsible for the jiggle of boobs, but that is beside the point.

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

Good post once again to the OP and the recent post above mine, Seeing a hooker, or even a regular female shooting and killing would totally eliminate that whole:

(GTA is sexist) stigma that the media tags these wonderful games with, and I would NOT mind seeing the female characters boobs jiggle, its kinda hot, but then again so is Niko hot when he yells YELLOW CAR!, he is just so funny and cute when he says that..too bad niko isn't a real man biggrin.gif

Oranchov
  • Oranchov

Thread Killer

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

I wouldn't mind having a female character.

It would be amusing gunning down the occasional bum that "honks your honkers" with no grabbing!

...what?

woody2008
  • woody2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

Well i for one think u r being to harsh on girls
my mate could kill someone any day.....actually i think she might !!!!!!

playing as catalina is an amazin idea, it could follow her story and how she meets CJ. Or maybe she escaped secretly in GTA III i dunno.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Don't tell me none of the people in here making pathetic sexist remarks never played Tomb Raider...

conner
  • conner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

female protagonist = bad idea.

i want a mobster. tommy vercetti style, that would be nostalgic XD

bigmamatuna
  • bigmamatuna

Meatrocket

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

MISSION: Hell on Hells

Objective:Drive to Perseus and purchase Awesome purple dress .

MISSION COMPLETE (10,000 dollars deposited into your account)

And for the final mission, you would have to walk through the mall wearing a not matching outfit! WTF!? Scandalous!

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

i still stand by my word of a male is better in games like this, females would be good too, but how many men want to have boobs ? character customisation would solve it

PinkLlama
  • PinkLlama

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:22 PM Edited by Waddy, 30 May 2008 - 07:27 AM.

Im a moron.

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=bigmamatuna,May 29 2008, 22:20] MISSION: Hell on Hells

And for the final mission, you would have to walk through the mall wearing a not matching outfit! WTF!? Scandalous!

Has never actually had a girlfriend. Derives knowledge of women through stereotypes seen in Wayan's brother's movies and tv.

Mission: Put down controller. Attain actual girlfriend. Buy her awesome purple dress. Pick up controller. Resume play.

bigmamatuna
  • bigmamatuna

Meatrocket

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (StPedro @ May 29 2008, 22:29)
[QUOTE=bigmamatuna,May 29 2008, 22:20] MISSION: Hell on Hells

Has never actually had a girlfriend. Derives knowledge of women through stereotypes seen in Wayan's brother's movies and tv.

Mission: Put down controller. Attain actual girlfriend. Buy her awesome purple dress. Pick up controller. Resume play.

Makes broad assumptions on the internet. Indicates pompous asshole. Put down controller. Tie noose. Hang yourself.

(With your pants off so at least your parents will laugh a bit when they find you)

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

How dare you!

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:18 PM Edited by skarface1013, 29 May 2008 - 11:58 PM.

No, it wouldn't work out, for one I wouldn't date men cuz thats gay, second GTA has always been a dude's game, so having a female protagonist wouldn't be a good idea, girls play it but it is intended for the male audience. Third, I can't picture a girl going around beating up every person walking in the city, unless maybe a lesbian or a black or latina girl, since they are the toughest. No I'm not sexist, just giving my opinion. I love girls inlove.gif

There is a solution, if you want to play as a female protagonist go on Saints Row or GTA 4 MP.

EDIT: I would still play the game, it just wouldn't be the same.

Herocide
  • Herocide

Visitor

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Realistically, men are more agile and stronger than women. So to have a female protagonist with the abilities that some of the previous GTA protagonists have had would be unrealistic. That's not to say that there won't be a female protagonist. Let's see...a woman taking out crime bosses, jacking cars, using rocket launchers, telling people to f*ck off, etc., etc., etc... (that seems to be the premise of most GTA games) would be a rarety, but only in video games. Or maybe not....

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

I see that this rather trivial "debate" hasn't yet abated.

I take my leave.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:30 PM

It'll never work. By reading the topic, I've concluded that too many of the "fans" are too insecure about their sexuality, and are afraid people will think they're gay if they play it. bored.gif

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ May 29 2008, 23:30)
It'll never work. By reading the topic, I've concluded that too many of the "fans" are too insecure about their sexuality, and are afraid people will think they're gay if they play it. bored.gif

Indeed.

smthrlr
  • smthrlr

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:53 PM Edited by smthrlr, 30 May 2008 - 12:12 AM.

Ok, Guerilla85. I love your passion, I really do. But other than the "Niko's cousin" and "Catalina" suggestions I haven't heard you bring forth any real ideas concerning a good female lead.

I would have no problem playing a female lead, but it appears that, clearly, many dumbasses on this forum do. The problem here is that while I totally agree with you when you say that women play GTA as well, even you have to admit that the vast majority of players are male, and a vast majority of that vast majority are juvenile idiots who would consider playing as a female character to be some kind of assault on their manhhod. Unfortunately, it is those very same juvenile idiots that make R* the money.

I also have trouble thinking of a good female character lead in a crime story. Yes, we have Lara Croft. Yes, we have The Bride from Kill Bill. Yes, we have Charlie's Angels but these are all near superhero-type characters, not underworld-dwelling assassins/bank robbers/general mobsters. The only characters I can think of that come close to this description are possibly the Gerogia Sykes character from Smokin' Aces, played by Alicia Keys or the various characters the aforementioned Pam Grier has played in her time.

I don't know, but as good as R*'s writers have become, they tend to work within conventions put forth by film. Maybe a female character is their chance to turn popular media on its ear, and with emerging female hip-hop artists like Lil' Mama on the scene, maybe a female lead could work. I just have trouble seeing her working within the GTA universe at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users