Photo

Female Protagonist

126 replies to this topic
StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

I think GTA IV is going to be able to provide enough awesome for many years, but it still got me thinking how it much it would make sence to have a female lead character for the fifth official installment.

1. Rockstar has gone through every male character type possible.

2. The leading argument against GTA is "OUR CHILDREN ARE FORNICATING WITH HOOKERS AND KILLNG THEM AFTER!"
...if the main character is a gun toting-street savy hooker who is better at shooting a handgun and driving a stick than she is at her day job, than there would be no need for girlfriends or suggested/insinuated intercourse (with subsequent murder). The hooker would finally strike back.

3. Plot-wise, she might begin by shooting her way out of her callgirl life, taking down her mafia connected pimp, and acting as a footsoldier for an organized crime family in a modern Las Venturas.

4. A female lead protagonist offers a whole new mission variety. Now the lead character can take down targets after seducing them in the VIP section of a gentleman's club, work for a corrupt Weazel News channel or "Cops" like television show whereas she is payed to provide criminal action and first hand mayhem on camera to secure higher ratings for the broadcasts, ect. ect. The social angle of GTA can be surpressed with the addition of more criminal mayham, sex, and bloodshed. Afterall, you can play pool with your friends and try to date girls on your own time. Pursuing a life of crime are what video games are for.

5. As a sidenote: GTA V would make sence incorporating a reimagined Los Santos/Vinewood complete with the current influx of paparazzi, mansions in the hills overlooking a smoggy city skyline, suburbs, expanded Las Venturas with a "Mexican" border and Mexican inspired Colombian Cartel/narcotic smuggler riddled city. San Fierro's bay area and commercial district could just be combined with Los Santos to create "Los Fierra".

6. A Mid-Western city would just be a blander version of Liberty City (as NYC is pretty much the epitome of a metropolis), Vice City wouldn't be fitting in current times (as it is mostly roller bladers, STD's and the elderly), and the European factor has been explored in depth with GTA IV. A return to San Adreas seems to be the best possibility.

The hooker-with-a-heart-of-vengeance could also be able to land a commerical airline ticket to a Paris, France like city where she mingles with snaggle toothed British criminals, Russians, endures snowy nights and steals diamonds for an epic oversea's heist.

Finally, a chick walking down the street with a big gun would look really really awesome.

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

Oh, and pepper spray with a side of tazers.

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

Wtf.

waklu
  • waklu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:55 AM

And when she is on her period, she'll have mood swings and is more prone to attacking peds. Also she will be a very poor piss driver.

Lil' Red
  • Lil' Red

Liberty City Venue Force Assault Battallion Leader

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

Lil' Red is glad you don't work for Rockstar.

rogan2442
  • rogan2442

High Roller

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:46 AM Edited by rogan2442, 29 May 2008 - 08:49 AM.

to be honest ur idea isnt that bad, BUT, i wouldnt want to play as a girl, i aint sexist but it wouldnt be the same, look at all the gangster films as an example, is there ever a female hitMAN? anyways, you would probably have to stop beatin someone up half way through a fight to apologise and take your heel out of their skull sneaky2.gif

EDIT: ok i just read through the full list you gave and the idea is awfull, seducing men in a gentlemanes club? i know your playing
as a woman but that makes you a fag.

Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (waklu @ May 29 2008, 08:55)
And when she is on her period, she'll have mood swings and is more prone to attacking peds. Also she will be a very poor piss driver.

Ha.

f*ck that idea right off.

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

Well look at the success of games like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil alone, they both had badass female lead characters.

Plus having in-game "girlfriends" and visiting hookers for "sex" kind of makes the gamer more of a fag. If another GTA features a female than the game could finally get back to its roots of straight' gangsterism.

Kennenlerner
  • Kennenlerner

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

Have The Carmen as the lead character!

tarquin biscuitbarrel
  • tarquin biscuitbarrel

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

if it was a female character, it needs to be a lesbian - because i'm not dating men. plus, only lesbians are tough enough to be a gta protaganist.

if you want a female protaganist play SR or gta4 multiplayer.

Horatio Humboldt
  • Horatio Humboldt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

A Anne Hathaway lookalike, lesbian main character? Hell yes, it would beat looking at Nicos ass for 100+ hours!

StPedro
  • StPedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (tarquin biscuitbarrel @ May 29 2008, 14:24)
if it was a female character, it needs to be a lesbian - because i'm not dating men. plus, only lesbians are tough enough to be a gta protaganist.

if you want a female protaganist play SR or gta4 multiplayer.

I think R* needs to remove dating altogether. Leave the strippers though. Gotta have strippers.

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

I think the OP just wants to see male strippers and hookers.

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:20 PM Edited by Guerilla85, 29 May 2008 - 04:24 PM.

I would love to see a female main character, maybe Niko has a bad ass cousin that was in the war? biggrin.gif

maybe she can be the next protag.?

It's about time we see some girls kick some ass!

And kiddies, Lesbians aren't the only tough women to play a role of this type, that's such a stereotypical ignorant comment, and to whom said something about the character should drive bad cause she's a girl, screw you sexist.

The player controls the car, not the character first off, and second, why mention periods if niko doesn't goto the bathroom and do his business? no GTA character has ever had to maintain their health in that way.

Typical men...

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Ok... that was a realy silly idea, GTA with a girl ? nah not in my opinion it was bad enough looking at a girl in GTA SA 2 player with a huge rocket launcher, i think it should be left to the men to be the main characters in gta smile.gif

Jbeacinu
  • Jbeacinu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

lol ya she definetly needs to be a lesbian
id pick up prostitutes the majority of my time

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

You've just described, in essence, the plot of every Pam Grier film in existence.

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (JordGem @ May 29 2008, 09:21)
Ok... that was a realy silly idea, GTA with a girl ? nah not in my opinion it was bad enough looking at a girl in GTA SA 2 player with a huge rocket launcher, i think it should be left to the men to be the main characters in gta smile.gif

I don't see what the heck's wrong with seeing a woman hold a rocket launcher in MP, why don't you play me online and I will show you how woman I am by handing your ass to you.

Seem's to me all the 'guys' in here are just pre-teen's who are afraid of girl's cooties.

Grow up

Amauruk
  • Amauruk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

A Female protagonist would destroy GTA.

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

Either most of the people who want a girl as the main character must be gay and want to play with men in a game, its stupit and i know it wont happen ever.lol playing as a lesbian and Sh*it like that Wtf :S get a grip its a game

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (JordGem @ May 29 2008, 09:30)
Either most of the people who want a girl as the main character must be gay and want to play with men in a game, its stupit and i know it wont happen ever.lol playing as a lesbian and Sh*it like that Wtf :S get a grip its a game

That must be the most ignorant post I've ever read. Congrats.

Just because someone wants to play as a female, they are gay...thats a new low for humanity. What in god's name does playing a game as a girl have ANYTHING to do with human sexuality?

There happen to be FEMALES who play this game also :cough:

To anyone who thinks a female protag would be a 'disaster', I know it's your own opinion but, it's wrong and immature and sexist.

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

Whats sexest about it, that every gta game has beena male main character, and then someone gets the idea of a female being a lesbian in the game ? i personally think you should be able to chose your own character but it would waste everything rockstar have put into gta if they made a character a female. whats arrogant is a female protecting a very stupit idea because she is a female,

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

I'm up for a little brassiere burning; how about you?

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Coltrane's Muse @ May 29 2008, 09:40)

Yea let's burn some bra's, and the guy's posting that gta would be ruined, let's throw them in the fire too.

We can be tough too, we don't have to be lesbians to kick your asses smile.gif

But, if you really think it would ruin gta, keep your idea to yourself plz

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

To hell with brassiers. I'll go with the following:

user posted image

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Guerilla85 @ May 29 2008, 16:47)
QUOTE (Coltrane's Muse @ May 29 2008, 09:40)

Yea let's burn some bra's, and the guy's posting that gta would be ruined, let's throw them in the fire too.

We can be tough too, we don't have to be lesbians to kick your asses smile.gif

But, if you really think it would ruin gta, keep your idea to yourself plz

well why dont you keep your silly little fantasy abotu being a lady in the game and just play the game as a guy without trying to be lesbians, if you dont like playing as a guy why play at all :S? thats liek playing halo then saying damn id rather be a dog than playing a machine :S its a pointless arguement

Guerilla85
  • Guerilla85

The Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:58 PM Edited by Guerilla85, 29 May 2008 - 05:01 PM.

Hehe, that made me laugh colgate.gif

But seriously, its not up to you guys who is the next protagonist, Rockstar is in charge, and if they want a transvestite or a midget or an asian or an alien main character..or a female, that's their choice and there is nothing you or I can do, Thankfully.

I hope Rockstar makes the right choice and gives us girls a chance to be in the spotlight, guys have had enough time in the lime light, you had Vercetti, CJ, Niko and Noname, It's time we get to play as Catalina or something.

Now she is a spicy girl I would love playing as.

And please spare me your childish responses, i don't hate playing as a guy, I never said I hated it, you put words in my mouth like most people who are ignorant do, I LOVE playing as Niko...he has such a cool accent and its sexy and occasionally cute.

But I would love a chance at being someone I can relate to, aka a woman.

JordGem
  • JordGem

A True Scotsman

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

I do agree and as i sayed you should have a choice, evan if its 2 seperate discs you have the choice of a woman or a guy.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

f*ck being a woman. I wouldn't even buy the game if we were gonna be a female.

mortensenc
  • mortensenc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

She couldn't drive.
Be scared of firing a gun.
Couldnt wear body armour as it clashes with her shoes.
Spend 3 hours before stepping out the house.
Wouldn't fist fight as shed break a nail.
Spend all day shopping.
Would have to be at home at 6 o'clock to make the dinner.

Did i miss ne stereotypes ( as gta is just using stereotypes ) plus a woman running round, shooting, bank robbing, drive bys just doesnt seem right.

oh oh breaking a heel during a bank robbery ...

p.s. Im not sexist honest (no matter what my friends say) im just seriously cool biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users