Parking Space or Garage?

52 replies to this topic
David 741
  • David 741

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

Garage -

repaired vehicles automatic when it shut, you did not have to reload the area etc like you do with parking spaces.

Cops wouldn't steal your vehicle if wanted near it.

vehicles couldn't be knocked out the way like they can in parking spaces.

Parking Space -

Easier to fit 2 vehicles in...In garages I think you could store more than 1 but you had to park it in really tight... with parking spaces you can 2 big trucks on as long as they are in the parking space

CAN STORE HELICOPTER!!!!! WOOT! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Even though it is hard to land it and take it off so close to the apartment... lol....

The only thing I miss about Garages was that it repaired vehicles instantly. Now in GTA 4 you have to reload the game or the area but that can be done by driving a bit then coming back....enough so it reloads the area....

blitsbebop
  • blitsbebop

tommy vercetti the italian goodfella

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

Parking

Oranchov
  • Oranchov

Thread Killer

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

I prefer the garage...someone stole my Police Stockade!

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

At least you knew your car would be there when you came to your garage

wafflemaster
  • wafflemaster

Space Cadet

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

I probably favour parking spaces. The tidy, safe environment of a garage certainly appeals to me (obsessive freak that I am), but then I remember the constant nightmare of trying to get them to actually open in previous GTA's suicidal.gif

I feel quite nervous about leaving my cars out on the street, and have unwittingly careered straight into them on more than one occasion, but ultimately keeping things simple is probably the way forward.

Kevin143
  • Kevin143

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

Parking. I haven't lost a car yet.

In VC and especially SA, my cars stored in the garages always went missing after a while...

lukledinio
  • lukledinio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:32 AM

parking spaces all the way they give you more freedom

deyessorc
  • deyessorc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

tounge.gif Parking spaces way better...for the "open-ness" and ease of parking alone.

Also- I haven't had a vehicle stolen yet. If you are around to have a cop or w/e take it, I think you are standing around your house too long. I am barely at my safehouse, lest I am running in to save the game.

But as far as vehicles disappearing, that is odd, but I'll take everyone's word for it.

cramx3
  • cramx3

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:40 AM

Parking spaces because of saving helicopters and it is easier (not that parking in a garage is hard).

Soton
  • Soton

Special Member

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:41 AM

I would really f*cking love it if the parking spots actually worked? 90% of the time i park a car there it dissapears after a couple of saves.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

So far I haven't lost the Porsche back at the first Save house, and I lost maybe two to three vehicles total. One because of a major situation in Bohan that I created... a gang member or two got out as police arrived and eventually one of my cars exploded! It can be a hazard being accessible to trauma like that

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

I'm neutral on the question. I don't find the helicopter storage in GTA IV's parking spaces more exciting than the hangar and many spawn points in San Andreas. I really don't like drivers ramming into my parked cars, especially when I skip a taxi ride back to my safehouse and it ends that way. On the positive side, parking spaces are usually faster to get into and out of and you get to see your cars more.

R-Kade
  • R-Kade

Red Wings Fan!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:13 AM

Well I'm a perfectionist so I always gotta park it nice and all that. If there was more space and you could see how much room you had, I'd take the garage. But right now I like the parking spots, only one car of mine was stolen and I witnessed it, but oh well.

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

I like the garage because in the parking spaces cars can knock them out of the space and poof gone. That's how I lost my f*cking Infernus.

Durka Durka Mahn
  • Durka Durka Mahn

Hello there...

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

I don't like the parking spaces, it makes your cars wayyy too vulnerable. Maybe if they put them on the side of a house instead of putting them right by the street they would be worth using.

ViceCityNative4Life
  • ViceCityNative4Life

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:24 AM

Def. Garages. I hope in the next game, they go back to garages.

With the parking spaces, your cars disappear, possibly get stolen, or there will be some crazy out of control driver, or cop, that comes and smashes into your cars and pushes them out of the spaces, but you don't know about it, so you go to save your game at a safehouse, and without knowing what happen, you save your game, but one or both of your cars are gone forever. Thats happen to me a couple of times now, and it sucks.

Please Rock*, go back to the garages smile.gif

Sabin8
  • Sabin8

Beyond

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

I sort of wished there were alot more safehouses to park cars at, or bigger spots. Because I have so many cars that I want to save, but not enough spaces. I sort of miss those 3 car garages.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

I think it was a good new way of doing it but at the same time I feel they should of combined the two systems together or even had designated multi-story car parks where you could pay to store a certain number of vehicles. Just to give us some more options in storing vehicles and collecting them, which is even more important with the different versions of some cars.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:31 AM

Garages, since some actually had room for 3 cars. In GTA IV its only 2 parking spaces, so its sucks when you want to save a nice car.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ May 29 2008, 01:28)
I feel they should of combined the two systems together or even had designated multi-story car parks where you could pay to store a certain number of vehicles. Just to give us some more options in storing vehicles and collecting them, which is even more important with the different versions of some cars.

Good idea

Tonay_Montana
  • Tonay_Montana

I play GTA casually

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:49 AM

If you lock your car (hold triangle when exiting) the cops wont steal it when its in your space.

_Camo
  • _Camo

thunderspork

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

I still liked garages. Or just parking someplace not on the street where cars hit it etc.

drpacifist
  • drpacifist

[PSN]

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

I like everyones ideas about the parking spots.. they are kind of handy but I like to collect cars. I wouldn't mind a garage somewhere in the game to store some special cars.. but since we can't modify them anyway, its kinda worthless. My Comet was stolen from Bohan and a cop stole one of my two Cognoscentis to chase me. All is fair in Liberty City though.

wafflemaster
  • wafflemaster

Space Cadet

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:02 AM

I noticed that the garage doors in some of the bigger houses still work automatically (at least the house next door to Jimmy P does). Do you suppose that you could store a vehicle in those ??

koloco9
  • koloco9

Cronic BOOM!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Durka Durka Mahn @ May 29 2008, 01:16)
I don't like the parking spaces, it makes your cars wayyy too vulnerable. Maybe if they put them on the side of a house instead of putting them right by the street they would be worth using.

I agree. I like the parking space but, it should be on the side or in the back of the building. At least at some of the safe houses. Oh! I NEEEEEDs more safe houses, the south side of the map is barren.

fireball93
  • fireball93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ May 29 2008, 01:28)
I think it was a good new way of doing it but at the same time I feel they should of combined the two systems together or even had designated multi-story car parks where you could pay to store a certain number of vehicles. Just to give us some more options in storing vehicles and collecting them, which is even more important with the different versions of some cars.

Love the idea plus a helepad or boathouse would be nice

Tonay_Montana
  • Tonay_Montana

I play GTA casually

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (wafflemaster @ May 29 2008, 02:02)
I noticed that the garage doors in some of the bigger houses still work automatically (at least the house next door to Jimmy P does). Do you suppose that you could store a vehicle in those ??

yeah I noticed those too.....and no, I highly doubt you can use them...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Tonay_Montana @ May 29 2008, 12:19)
If you lock your car (hold triangle when exiting) the cops wont steal it when its in your space.

You sure? It doesn't lock the doors it just turns off the engine from what I've noticed, that's not to say its not locked for cops.

rozachi blue
  • rozachi blue

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

Garages offered better car protection and more room to store.

I was hoping they used the idea from Saint's Row and let your garage become a car rolodex, but I guess that would have ruined the "realism".

Stash666
  • Stash666

Male Prostitute

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:51 AM

I would have to give the edge to the parking spaces for now. I haven't lost a car yet and it is very easy to get in and out and switch cars around. The garages in previous GTA's always gave me problems whether it was cars disappearing or the door not opening. What I would love to see in game that was already mentioned is your own parking garage or parking lot. That way you could store all your favorite cars and not have to worry about someone ramming them out of the space etc.

Another option would be to bring back the garage from GTA3 where once you delivered all the cars on the list they would be available there anytime. I really liked that because you didn't have to worry about messing up your car or losing it because you could always go back and get another one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users