» «
Photo

GTA Perth

59 replies to this topic
macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:48 AM Edited by macorules94, 26 June 2008 - 09:25 AM.

Well... dont go psyco now coz its in Australia but this city believe it or not has the most crime in Australia. Specifically Northbridge. Taxi drivers dont wanna go there.

Besides look how good the city looks

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

As at December 2004, Perth was the highest city for burglary in 2003.

In 2003 the prison population increased by 3.4% with a similar increase in 2004

Eric Cooke

Cooke was the central figure in several murders in Perth during 1963. After a crime spree he was captured later that year and confessed to the murder of five people and non-fatal shootings of three others. He also confessed to over 250 burglaries.
Cooke was the last person hanged in Western Australia on October 26, 1964.
In two related cases, John Button was accused of the murder of his girlfriend Rosemary Anderson and Darryl Beamish was accused of the murder of Jillian Brewer. Despite a last minute confession from Cooke prior to going to the gallows for the two murders, the two men were tried and convicted as police believed Cooke to be a notorious liar. After serving long sentences both men have only recently won pardons after their cases were reopened!

Shirley Finn

Shirley Finn was a flamboyant Perth brothel madam whose murdered body was found in her parked car in South Perth near Royal Perth Golf Club on June 23, 1975.
The murder remains unsolved, and it prompted a State Royal Commission into policing in the sex industry Commission of Inquiry to Inquire into Matters Surrounding the Administration of the Law Relating to Prostitution (1976). Thirty years after the murder, West Australian police re-opened a cold-case review of the murder.

Perth Mint Swindle

In 1982 a gold heist netted persons as yet unknown 68 kg of gold bars from the Perth Mint.

David and Catherine Birnie

A husband and wife team faced charges of abduction, rape, torture and murder of four women in suburban Perth during 1986. Both received life sentences in Western Australian prisons for their crimes.
In January 2000, acting Western Australian Attorney General, Kevin Prince, said that while the Birnies can be considered for parole in 2007, he thought they would never be released unless they became too frail or senile.
David Birnie hanged himself in his cell at Casuarina Prison on the morning of 7th October 2005. He was given an indigent's funeral at taxpayers expense after no one came forward to claim his body.

Claremont serial killings

In the 1990s two young women were murdered and a third disappeared in the area of Claremont, Western Australia. All three women disappeared from the same suburb in similar circumstances, leading police to believe an unidentified serial killer may be behind the crimes.
To date no-one has been charged with the murders of the women despite an intensive police investigation. Several suspects have been identified and are believed to be subject to ongoing police surveillance.

Ora Banda shooting and Don Hancock bombing

After retiring as head of the Perth CIB, Don Hancock purchased the tiny pub at Ora Banda, near Kalgoorlie. In October 2000 several members of the Gypsy Jokers motorcycle gang entered the pub and started to abuse the barmaid, who was Hancock's daughter, after which he threw them out. Later that night, one of the bikies, William Grierson, was shot dead as he sat around the campfire.
In September 2001, Hancock, returning from a Perth horse racing meeting with book-maker friend Lou Lewis drove into his driveway. A massive car bomb planted under the car at the race meeting, was remotely detonated and exploded, killing them both instantly.
Police believe that the bombing was a payback by motorcycle gang members for Grierson's murder.

If you watch the news in perth, the first thing you see everyday is a murder case

.......and also....Hieth Ledger is burried here biggrin.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

Dunno about Perth but your sig is awesome

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 28 2008, 10:50)
Dunno about Perth but your sig is awesome

thanx lol

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

hahahaha yea. im in girrawheen. northbridge is pretty bad but yea maybe perth. seeing the abo's walk around and just kickn their ass all day would be fun!!!!!

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (DjMiikkii @ May 28 2008, 10:58)
hahahaha yea. im in girrawheen. northbridge is pretty bad but yea maybe perth. seeing the abo's walk around and just kickn their ass all day would be fun!!!!!

lol im in Madeley

In my old house i got robbed by an abo lol

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

This is an outrage!!!!!

The film Crocodile Dundee 2 led me to believe that Aboriginees, were not only charming, but also honorable.
This is such a let down

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

Never gonna happen.

I live in Perth, and as much as I'd like Australia to feature in a GTA game, I don't see Rockstar venturing down under. If they did, they'd most likely base it off a city over East...Unfortunately. tounge.gif

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Tony Mozzarelli 80 @ May 28 2008, 11:09)
This is an outrage!!!!!

The film Crocodile Dundee 2 led me to believe that Aboriginees, were not only charming, but also honorable.
This is such a let down

well.....there's one aborigional at my school thats gonna get expelled for bashing too many ppl and stealing stuff.

He stole 5 teachers purses!

and he also pushed me in a rose bush after i called him a fat buong. I had spikes up my ass biggrin.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Lol Fat buong

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ May 28 2008, 11:10)
Never gonna happen.

I live in Perth, and as much as I'd like Australia to feature in a GTA game, I don't see Rockstar venturing down under. If they did, they'd most likely base it off a city over East...Unfortunately. tounge.gif

f*ck the east coast!!

theres a reason why me and you are in perth

1. Best climate
2. Best beaches
3. Houses are made strongly out of bricks

on the east coast they are made out of wood

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

GTA would NEVER be set in a city like Perth. This is simply because it hasn't got that many famous landmarks, if any. Even I can't a single landmark in Perth, and I'm good when it comes to geography.

If a GTA game was set in Australia, it would definitely be Sydney, as that's easily the most recognizable and famous Australian city.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

Houses made of wood? quick someone tell the big bad wolf

[MenaceMovies]
  • [MenaceMovies]

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Nah. Australia doesn't seem GTA like. I couldn't imagine GTA characters being like "G'day, mate!" But who knows, it might work.

I'd rather it be set back in the UK again. Mosside, in Manchester is one of the worst criminal places. Murders are commited there like twice a month! People walk about with guns and knifes. It's like Compton!

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ May 28 2008, 11:22)
GTA would NEVER be set in a city like Perth. This is simply because it hasn't got that many famous landmarks, if any. Even I can't a single landmark in Perth, and I'm good when it comes to geography.

If a GTA game was set in Australia, it would definitely be Sydney, as that's easily the most recognizable and famous Australian city.

famous landmarks???

the only thing sydney has is the bridge and the opera house!

WOW 2 things

domthecondom
  • domthecondom

GTA LOVER!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

man didnt you know the next GTA would be based in space :| joke

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (macorules94 @ May 28 2008, 04:24)
QUOTE (Mad Tony @ May 28 2008, 11:22)

famous landmarks???

the only thing sydney has is the bridge and the opera house!

WOW 2 things

Yes, only two, but don't forget how insanely famous those two are.
There are a few others, for example the Sydney Tower.

I've been to Sydney myself, and I think it would be a good setting for a GTA game. If not America or London, then definitely Sydney please R*.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE ([MenaceMovies] @ May 28 2008, 11:24)
Nah. Australia doesn't seem GTA like. I couldn't imagine GTA characters being like "G'day, mate!" But who knows, it might work.

I'd rather it be set back in the UK again. Mosside, in Manchester is one of the worst criminal places. Murders are commited there like twice a month! People walk about with guns and knifes. It's like Compton!

Lol imagine doing missions for Paddy Maguire.

Go to Chatsworth and take out Frank Gallagher

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

I honestly wouldnt mind sydney.
Harbour setting, and ofc i would support it as i live there smile.gif But i mean, you guys dont have to go posting the whole rap sheet of the city you want to back it up. all cities have its fair share of crime. Perth, not so sure. But sydney, hell yes smile.gif that'd be neat.

kinda-off-topic; anyone seen the heath ledger movie 'Two Hands'? Now THAZ what im talkin' 'bout.

edit: btw, i dont understand why people dont really support the idea. eg. 'i cant imagine people saying g'day mate', thats such a goddamn stereotype. perhaps you need to come here for a visit before you go flaming a fairly alright idea.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:43 AM Edited by fishing4monkeys, 28 May 2008 - 11:46 AM.

They only make games in cities that have worldwide fame.

-New York (liberty city) one of the largest, most well known cities in the world with a history in crime. Also known for it's immigration and many landmaks.

-Miami (vice city) is also a very well known city and is also pretty unique. Also, and probably the biggest influence on Vice city, Scarface.

-California/Navada (San Andreas) has 3 major cities that are known worldwide.

---Las Vegas (Las Venturas) is known for it's gambling and so-called evil lifestyle

-----Area 51/Roswell (area 69) is the most famous "alien conspiracy" in the world

---San Fransisco (San Feirro) is an eaisly recognizable city with 2 very famous landmark; The Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Also known for its large amount of gay people dontgetit.gif

---Los Angeles/L.A. (Los Santos) is knows for it's gangs, Hollywood, etc.

You can see my point...GTA games are always based in cities that are very recognizable and interesting worldwide. I'm not being american-biased here but an american city is also more probable in a GTA game. But cities like London, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and maybe even Sydney are far more likely to be in an non-american GTA than Perth, Brazil, Panama, etc all of which have been mentioned as a "great city" for GTA.

The most probable settings for the next GTA are Chicago (Carcer City?), Miami (Vice City...again), London, or some compleatly new city.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ May 28 2008, 11:43)

-New York (liberty city) one of the largest, most well known cities in the world with a history in crime. Also known for it's immigration and many landmaks.

-Miami (vice city) is also a very well known city and is also pretty unique.

---Las Vegas (Las Venturas) is known for it's gambling and so-called evil lifestyle

-----Area 51/Roswell (area 69) is the most famous "alien conspiracy" in the world

---San Fransisco (San Feirro) is an eaisly recognizable city with 2 very famous landmark; The Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Also known for its large amount of gay people dontgetit.gif

You can see my point...GTA games are always based in cities that are very recognizable and interesting worldwide. I'm not being american-biased here but an american city is also more probable in a GTA game. But cities like London, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and maybe even Sydney are far more likely to be in an non-american GTA than Perth, Brazil, Panama, etc all of which have been mentioned as a "great city" for GTA.

The most probable settings for the next GTA are Chicago (Carcer City?), Miami (Vice City...again), London, or some compleatly new city.

Yeah, notice how all those cities are AMERICAN.
what people are trying to do is to think outside of the box.
Sydney doesnt have worldwide fame?
pfft.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

You are right that they are always set in an iconic city, but i would call Rio de janeiro a famous city
and i think it would be great, i'd personally love Tokyo

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

^^ yeah tokyo/rio would be pretty awesome too! I'd love to have a GTA in brazil. the amount of backstreets/rooftops/its beaches, plus its gritty crime underworld. you never know, it could be done.
tommy = italian/mobster
niko = serbian/eastern-european, russian-like gangs
next protagonist COULD be that sort of south american kinda gangster.

sKiTzaH
  • sKiTzaH

gET sKiTz iN Dis BiTcH!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

LMAO

im in Rivervale, cant believe there's so many perth people here.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

yeah anyone who's seen City of God will know it could make an awesome location

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ May 28 2008, 04:43)

-Miami (vice city) is also a very well known city and is also pretty unique. Also, and probably the biggest influence on Vice city, Scarface.

Roswell is in New Mexico, not Nevada.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ May 28 2008, 11:55)
QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ May 28 2008, 04:43)

Roswell is in New Mexico, not Nevada.

nice icon14.gif surprised i didnt notice that myself ;P

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

Yes but Area 51 is in Nevada

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:59 AM Edited by fishing4monkeys, 28 May 2008 - 12:01 PM.

QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ May 28 2008, 11:45)
QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ May 28 2008, 11:43)

-Miami (vice city) is also a very well known city and is also pretty unique.

Yeah, notice how all those cities are AMERICAN.
what people are trying to do is to think outside of the box.
Sydney doesnt have worldwide fame?
pfft.

I mentioned Sydney as a possible city because it IS known worldwide. Not s much as new york or london but it stills...at least moreso than Perth.

Think about it. If you've never been to any of the cities which is more recognizable just from movies/advertisements/common knowledge etc.?

New York's skyline is instantly recognizable for the statue of liberty, the empire state building, and (previously) the Twin Towers:
user posted image

Los angeles in instantly recognized for the hollywood sign and the beverly hills:
user posted image

Las Vegas is well known for it's crazy casinos and iconic 'strip':
user posted image

Miami is well known from scarface and it's unique setting and culture:
user posted image

London is knows for the Houses of Parliment/Big Ben and the london eye:
user posted image

Etc, etc, etc...simply because they are in movies and the public eye constantly! Cities like perth just simply are not...the majority of people in the world are not going to see this picture and think "Oh! That's perth!" I'm not descriminating i'm just stating fact.
user posted image

EDIT: Mad Tony: My bad...I just grouped Area 51 and roswell together because they're both very well known for supposed aliens... tounge2.gif oops.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Yeah yeah i read your post properly now.
sozz bout that.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ May 28 2008, 12:03)
Yeah yeah i read your post properly now.
sozz bout that.

It's cool smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users