» «
Photo

Free Mode Activities

18 replies to this topic
chpmntsptx
  • chpmntsptx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:23 PM Edited by chpmntsptx, 01 June 2008 - 05:39 PM.

Free Mode Activities

I'll try to collect ideas and keep the first post current. Any help w/ filling in holes for vids, threads, and locations also welcomed. It'd be nice to have a classifieds section (i.e., a table showing the GTs for all interested people any any scheduled times if applicable) for each activity--ideally, this would be in each original thread or in a new thread for the activity.

CONTENTS:
  • Body Count: Cop Killer
  • Destruction Derby
  • Fighting
  • Gangs
  • Glitches
  • Heli Games
  • Racing: Vehicles
  • Racing: with your feets
  • Sports
  • Stunt
  • Vehicles: other
  • Zombie

( sorry, I can't add anchor links )
[moved Parkour to Stunt; to be added: more vids, art, stealth/murder] Body Count: Cop Killer
    Stock up, then blast away. Cause havoc in the streets or hold out in a building. See how long you can survive. Alone or with other players (that is the point of MP FM, btw).
  • On the streets:
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
  • Buildings:
    • Vids: [vids???]
    • Threads: Hospital Raiding
    • Locations: Hospitals, The Triangle Club in Bohan, other strip clubs, the law firm building in S. Algonquin.
Destruction Derby
    Suggested Rules [DizzyFromFumes]:
    1. Players pick same vehicle style, e.g., trucks, cars, SUVs, etc.
    2. Players remain in vehicles their own vehicle.
    3. Set boundries and players must not leave the boundries. Out of bounds means you are out of the game.
    4. Someone stand in the middle to signal start or a designated player calls over via mic.
    5. Last but not least when your cars done, so are you. Last man/car standing wins. Rinse and repeat.
    Weapons optional.
  • Vids: UK derby
  • Threads: DizzyFromFumes; UK derby
  • Locations: [where is location in the vid???]
Fighting
  • Street Fighting -- Fists/Feet/Knives Only -- Think Fight Club (fists only). Better if people encircle the fighters. Can choose different venues
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations: Anywhere. Park four buses to make a square, with fighers and audience inside. Get everyone on a rooftop. Place like top of the Statue of Happiness means loser can fall to his/her death.
  • Heli Duel -- [sc-yoda] -- NO GUNS. Fly into each other and see who stays in the air. Do it at the airport or the helitours area were you will always be able to jump right back in a choppa and get into the air.
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
  • Joust -- [31st Funk] -- Two teams (one driver, one jouster per team). Jousters stand on the roof of vehicles while the drivers crash against each other trying to make the opponent jouster. Optionally, jousters can attack each other with molotovs.
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
Gangs Glitches Heli Games
  • Bird dropping: Jump out of helicopter and land on player or peds. Using stationary objects as targets is another option. Can do while hovering, or increase the difficulty by falling out while moving.
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
  • High diving: Jump out of helicopter and land in water (not the ocean). Can do while hovering, or increase the difficulty by falling out while moving, as in vid below.
  • Landing skils:
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
Racing: Vehicles
  • Drag:
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations: Airport landing strips (tires optional). End to end or jump to the barge at the end of the top strip.
  • Track:
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations: Subway (bikes or buses recommended). A good access point is just off the northwest corner of Middle Park.
Racing: with your feets
  • Sprint -- any tracks in LC?
  • Relay -- any tracks in LC? Use an object that can be picked up as the baton, such as...... a dildo.
  • Obstacle course -- locations?
Sports
  • Bowling People -- [DizzyFromFumes] -- 1 player in an SUV is the bowler. The rest of the players are the pins. The pins form up as in real bowling evenly and equally spaced to where the car could hit the majority of the pins/players on contact. Set up on a good long straight street and go.
    Objective: The player in the SUV in one swoop has to kill as many pins as possible. The catch is the pins can shoot back while not moving out of place. The person with the most pin kills at the end of everyones turn is the winner. A dead bowler = Gutter Ball! Lol! No pins.
    Rule 1. Pistols only.
    Rule 2. Once pins are in place they cannot move. This includes jumping, ducking, and or running and walking away.
    • Vids:
    • Threads: Here
    • Locations: A long straight street (hills optional)
  • Car Skeet Shooting -- [DizzyFromFumes] -- One player starts out with a rpg on foot and the rest of the players go off and grab a car. The drivers line up a good distance from a ramp to build a good amout of momentum for the jump at the end of the street. The player with the rpg lines up at the end of the jump and have to explode the cars as they go air born. The player with the most direct hits (exploded cars) wins.
    Rule 1. No armored or non-explodable vehicles.
    Rule 2. One car goes at a time and only goes when the player with the rpg is rdy.
    Rule 3. Car has to be blown up before it hits the ground to count.
    • Vids:
    • Threads: Here
    • Locations:
  • Dildo Rugby tounge.gif
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
Stunt
  • Daredevil: Over multiple buses or parked helis with blades on. I can't find any vids of this -- surely someone else has thought of this. Let's do it. I want like 10 people with buses (have to have many peeps to keep buses from disappearing) and people to jump with sanchez, or line up some helis. Of course, I need to identify good locations first; airport is probably best.
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
      PSN:
      360: chpmntsptx
  • Action Movie
    • Vids:
    • Threads:
    • Locations:
  • Parkour (aka, free running)
    What is real parkour? It's some crazy sh*t is what it is -- see example vid. Obviously we're limited with what can be done with GTA4 characters. But, you can do hurdling, building descents, building jumps, fall and rolls, and some other stuff. Can be done alone or better with multilple people doing same stunt in tandem. I don't think there are any rules but the goal is to move fluidly and don't splat. For example, if doing a hurdle, the run and hurdle should be a continuous movement. If catching a ledge, there shouldn't be a pause before pulling yourself up.
  • Skatepark: use bikes
Vehicles: other
  • Drift Clubs: For those that don't know what drifting is, think sliding car around corner while maintaining contrl and momentum.
Zombie
  • I Am Legend: Humans and zombies, 'cept these zombies are 'eccentric' to say the least. For rules, see threads below
    • Vids:
    • Threads: For PSN, see here. For 360, see here.
    • Locations:
What else ya got? alien.gif

<!--SA--><a name=#test>Test</a><!--EA-->

Oli94
  • Oli94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

i play with a couple of friends on party mode and what we do is race around the airport,then 2 of us gets a truck and the other guy jumps them on a faggio(scooter)or one of us gets in an anihalator the other 2 gets on the same bike then the guy in the helicopter chases us and trys to shoot us off while the guy on the back of the bike trys to shoot down the helicopter. or we just do stunts backflip over the helicopter if you miss you are dead. biggrin.gif

31st Funk
  • 31st Funk

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

We get trucks and two stand on the roof while the drivers crash against each other trying to make the guy fall. Pretty fun, specially if you let the guys on the roofs attack each other with molotovs.

sc-yoda
  • sc-yoda

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

Helicopter fight!!! this is the most fun thing ive ever done in free mode.

A bunch of guys get some choppers and intead of shooting at each other, fly into each other and see who stays in the air. Do it at the airport or the helitours area were you will always be able to jump right back in a choppa and get into the air.

Ema_James2315
  • Ema_James2315

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

Street Brawls!!!!When me and my friends get bored we just made a circle with my mates and two players get in the middle of it and start figthing with fists and kicks only.It is really fun especially when all of my close 15 friends are on the FREE MODE and are talking trough their HEADSETS.
cool.gif

Degu
  • Degu

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

It sounds stupid and only a handful of players would probably ever consider it but roleplaying is possible if you think about it.

Photi 2 Dope
  • Photi 2 Dope

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:15 PM

me and a friend go on a high building then shoot each other off with a rocket launcher and see how far we fly.

_Camo
  • _Camo

thunderspork

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

Do the swing glitch.

Get bikes from the shop, race in subway tunnel, at airport.. anywhere.

Just go on Youtube and look up some GTA 4 glitches, you can find some that are fun to try in multiplayer.

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:23 AM

Mutual masturbation. I've tried it, and to be honest, it's a world of fun.

Erados
  • Erados

A Confrontationalist's Wet Dream, Apparently

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Coltrane's Muse @ May 28 2008, 01:23)
Mutual masturbation. I've tried it, and to be honest, it's a world of fun.

mercie_blink.gif

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:17 AM

Hey, it was merely a suggestion!

Cluster
  • Cluster

GameCluster (Psn)

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:38 AM

Me and the gang have several games we like to play. "We did not come up with all of these our self." Id post them hear but to be honest...posting 12 or so different private free roam games hear and explain them would be a pretty big read so....all jokes a side and with out fear of having to join us you can check them out on our gang forum.

Also without flaming we didn't come up with all these our selves so once again we give credit where its do...thank you for the ideas guys and we have tested them out...the are loads of fun.
If you created this game, message me and I will post creadit where its due. Thanx.

P.s. Wait 5 min to cool before eating. contence will be hot.

Lazlo_Panaflex
  • Lazlo_Panaflex

Faggio Death Squad Member

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

I like having a good ol' fashioned knife fight.

Reminds me of home and my childhood upbringing.....

arodtwlv
  • arodtwlv

Dookie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

i ve made some cops vids, search arodtwlv on youtube

chpmntsptx
  • chpmntsptx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

updated.

Any help w/ filling in holes for vids, threads, and locations also welcomed. It'd be nice to have a classifieds section (i.e., a table showing the GTs for all interested people any any scheduled times if applicable) for each activity--ideally, this would be in each original thread or in a new thread for the activity.

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

Might I suggest another locale for the Body Count: Cop Killer activity? The Triangle Club in Bohan is an awesome place to hold off law enforcement for extended periods of time. I've had forty minute shoot-outs in the place (the dressing room is an excellent place to make use of cover).

SouleRonin
  • SouleRonin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

"Hunt Griefers!"

Its simple, join free mode, play any way you want with some cool people and just wait for the inevitable griefer to join.

Hint: you can usually tell the griefers the minute they join a map, because they start shouting assinine comments. But wait...wait for it. Don't be too hasty...lots of little kids are really there just to race and screw around & youth hasn't allowed them to develope a voice filtering inner monologue yet...so they may sound like griefers at first and just be too hyped up on coca cola and skittle...but really mean no harm.

So, just wait for them to actually grief..and then BAM!!! You got yourself a whole world of truly enjoyable and legal player hunting in free mode... Hunt the griefer, make them cry.
Then, when they finally leave the map..you simply go to your "Recently played with" window, find them again.

Follow them to new map, and as you join map yell "I got you now (insert players name here) you f@cking griefer."
Then Warn the other players that said person is a griefer you just followed from another map you chased him/her from, and explain that this griefer will be the only person you kill on the map. Ask if any others would like a pickup for this fun filled hunt, and then your off again....lol.

Cuz no one, absolutely no one ever reports, or kicks a "Griefer Hunter"

Soule

thecosmicfly
  • thecosmicfly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

I was lucky to get into a few Free Mode games with people who weren't killing for once and actually practicing stunts. So theres me and 8 other people doing crazy stunts, I decide to find the Annihalator and drive it to the corkscrew ramps down the runway. I park it at a good distance, and some people in sports cars and bikes get what I'm doing and start jumping over me. Boy was it fun. It's so enjoyable seeing people successfully fly over you while spinning, and even more fun when one person on a Sanchez misjudges his speed and meets the rotors. lol.gif There's actually more USJ than people think where you can do these heli jump stunts. Honestly, the only people who complain about GTA IV getting boring have to be the ones who can't organise a decent match in Free Mode. With you, 15 friends and Liberty City at your disposal, what could go wrong?

Alcoholica86
  • Alcoholica86

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

I have yet to enter Free Mode without being chased and killed. If this happens alot i just get away from these people and....well i won't say it here cause that will give it away lol. I would like to do some racing with some people though that would be awesome. A stunt competition to see who can do the most stunts in air with car/motorcyle would be fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users