Photo

Rags to Slightly better Rags ny ass

44 replies to this topic
Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

GTA IV could've easily had property managment among other things. Besides the fact that numerous people are complaing they have nothing to spend money on just shows R* was talking bullsh*t.

For 1 in a certain mission you get $250,000 and I wouldn't consider that rags or slightly better rags for a immigrant. Also depending on your choice later in the game you make another $250,000. So that's half a million alone for the 2 biggest paying missions in the game. So that throws the slightly better rags sh*t out the window. Oh and lets not forget the other ways of making money including missions, jobs and side missions.

blitsbebop
  • blitsbebop

tommy vercetti the italian goodfella

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

would you like a trusse for your issue ?

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

It's easy to see why it's a story of rags to slightly better rags. Have you ever seen europeans? They can make lots of money but still look like they were sh*t out of a camels ass.

The reason why Niko is carrying so much money is because he needs it for cologne to cover the rampant B.O. and to continually trim his hair to almost-bald levels.

Karambalaya
  • Karambalaya

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (wayninja @ May 26 2008, 23:40)
Have you ever seen europeans?  They can make lots of money but still look like they were sh*t out of a camels ass

Yeah, people coming from the country of Europe sucks ass ^^

logob
  • logob

Nubcakes

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Karambalaya @ May 26 2008, 21:53)
Have you ever seen europeans? They can make lots of money but still look like they were sh*t out of a camels ass

Oh yes, those filthy Europeans. Because every single one of them look like they have been sh*t out of a camels ass, just like all Americans are fat and sloppy, all African people live in extrreme poverty and all Asians have small penises. sarcasm.gif

tarquin biscuitbarrel
  • tarquin biscuitbarrel

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

wtf?

i think the OP was expecting the missions to be like a 3.50 per day paper round or something.

paddy o'pikey
  • paddy o'pikey

Top Bre

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

Guaranteed the Eastern Europeans where i live are not on $500 grand a week.

coffeebeans
  • coffeebeans

Chicago

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

AFAIK you weren't able to buy property on GTA III for PS2 (a brand new thing at the time). The first GTA for next-gen consoles doesn't have that ability. Wait till the next one comes out, I'll bet you will be able to. How quickly we forget that they made this GTA for a whole new generation of consoles that they're not used to.

bk112
  • bk112

Narc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (logob @ May 26 2008, 21:59)
Have you ever seen europeans? They can make lots of money but still look like they were sh*t out of a camels ass

Oh yes, those filthy Europeans. Because every single one of them look like they have been sh*t out of a camels ass, just like all Americans are fat and sloppy, all African people live in extrreme poverty and all Asians have small penises. sarcasm.gif

lol so so true.

Especially the chinese part!

illadelph0808
  • illadelph0808

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

when R* said "rags to slightly better rags", they meant it as opposed to "rags to 10 mansions and $10,000,000"

otherwise Niko might aswel just work in Burger Shot, rather than risk his neck for $5 payoff

and I somehow think they were concentrating on the character of Niko, property development? Niko going round in a red blazer, putting up signs n sh*t tounge2.gif

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (illadelph0808 @ May 26 2008, 22:22)
when R* said "rags to slightly better rags", they meant it as opposed to "rags to 10 mansions and $10,000,000"

otherwise Niko might aswel just work in Burger Shot, rather than risk his neck for $5 payoff

and I somehow think they were concentrating on the character of Niko, property development? Niko going round in a red blazer, putting up signs n sh*t tounge2.gif

Sugercoat it how you like, the fact is it was "sold" as a rags-to-slightly-better-rags story.

Any which way you look at it (if you have, at least, the intelligence of a spermwhale) an illegal immigrant "earning" half a million dollars, owning at least one penthouse and driving a "legal" Infernus (the one given to you by Bernie) in a few weeks or months is a rags-to-riches story.

Now, don't get me wrong - I was happy you actually got 250k for the Three Leaf Clover mission, at least it was a realistic amount of cash compared to what you got for similar missions in previous games, but some of the other missions payouts are still completely unrealistic, not to mention the fact there is nothing to spend said money on - even an illegal immigrant has outgoings other than the quick hotdog/soda or weapons/bodyarmor. So what to do? Either remove the missions with the huge payouts (or even better, have something go terribly wrong during the bank heist - that way you still have a great mission but don't end up with a load of unusable cash) or give us something to do with it - buying vehicles/property/businesses.

Sanctus Fortis
  • Sanctus Fortis

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Old GTAs (At end of storyline) - $10,000,000 +

GTA IV (At end of storyline) - $500,000 (somewhere in this region)

Yehhh I can see why they said rags to slightly better rags. He's rich sure but he's no millionaire yet.

Kevin143
  • Kevin143

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Degu @ May 26 2008, 23:51)
Old GTAs (At end of storyline) - $10,000,000 +

GTA IV (At end of storyline) - $500,000 (somewhere in this region)

Yehhh I can see why they said rags to slightly better rags. He's rich sure but he's no millionaire yet.

Haha, yeah

In SA, I got 50 mil in the first 20 missions from the betting stuff... Made it way too easy....
IN IV, i struggled to make 1 mil...

nicka912
  • nicka912

GTAF Stoners

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

Don't reload your game when you die.

You will run out of money verrrry quickly.

illadelph0808
  • illadelph0808

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (emigrating @ May 26 2008, 23:47)

Sugercoat it how you like, the fact is it was "sold" as a rags-to-slightly-better-rags story.

Any which way you look at it (if you have, at least, the intelligence of a spermwhale) an illegal immigrant "earning" half a million dollars, owning at least one penthouse and driving a "legal" Infernus (the one given to you by Bernie) in a few weeks or months is a rags-to-riches story.

Now, don't get me wrong - I was happy you actually got 250k for the Three Leaf Clover mission, at least it was a realistic amount of cash compared to what you got for similar missions in previous games, but some of the other missions payouts are still completely unrealistic, not to mention the fact there is nothing to spend said money on - even an illegal immigrant has outgoings other than the quick hotdog/soda or weapons/bodyarmor. So what to do? Either remove the missions with the huge payouts (or even better, have something go terribly wrong during the bank heist - that way you still have a great mission but don't end up with a load of unusable cash) or give us something to do with it - buying vehicles/property/businesses.

for starters i think if you went through Three leaf clover only to lose all your cash i think a helluva lot of people would be pissed off.

second why do people such as yourself think the option of BUYING vehicles in GTA is a good idea, i mean think about it dickhead. also was buying and owning property really that great? I mean it made sense in SA because there was masses of map and you needed the savepoints, that was it.

and finally, where do you get the f*cking gall to insult my intelligence from behind a keyboard you smug c*nt. sly.gif

MechCb
  • MechCb

Get some!

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:41 AM

unless a money cheat comes out, i'm gonna be broke pretty quickly... i do A LOT of free roam and shoot outs

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

I don't get these "nothing to spend money on" posts. Without Three Leaf Clover I'd be broke all the time. I have enough money for now but I'm definitely spending it faster than I'm making it. Maybe I just suck, but I buy a lot of body armor and ammo, and even with LJ's discount it adds up. I hope my money lasts for the rest of the story or there's another big reward somewhere. This is nothing like San Andreas where you could make millions playing blackjack well.

Are the people who have too much money just reloading a save after every failed mission? Maybe that's why you're never poor.

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 27 2008, 01:08)
I don't get these "nothing to spend money on" posts. Without Three Leaf Clover I'd be broke all the time. I have enough money for now but I'm definitely spending it faster than I'm making it. Maybe I just suck, but I buy a lot of body armor and ammo, and even with LJ's discount it adds up. I hope my money lasts for the rest of the story or there's another big reward somewhere. This is nothing like San Andreas where you could make millions playing blackjack well.

Are the people who have too much money just reloading a save after every failed mission? Maybe that's why you're never poor.

I think the point is that there is nothing to spend cash on BESIDES hospital visits and ammo...

And if you finish Stevie's car missions, you can drop any car off at any time at his garage for cash. It makes money a joke

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (illadelph0808 @ May 27 2008, 00:20)
QUOTE (emigrating @ May 26 2008, 23:47)

for starters i think if you went through Three leaf clover only to lose all your cash i think a helluva lot of people would be pissed off.

second why do people such as yourself think the option of BUYING vehicles in GTA is a good idea, i mean think about it dickhead. also was buying and owning property really that great? I mean it made sense in SA because there was masses of map and you needed the savepoints, that was it.

and finally, where do you get the f*cking gall to insult my intelligence from behind a keyboard you smug c*nt. sly.gif

At no point was I insulting your intelligence, nor was I calling you a c*nt or dickhead - I was simply stating it's a rags-to-riches story. If you decide not to see it this way you are insulting your own intelligence.

As for losing all your money after the Three Leaf Clover mission - that's not what I was saying either. Go back, re-read the topic for this thread and you may understand it better that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Perhaps it's just me, but I've died twice in GTA IV. That's it. I've not reloaded my game after hospital visits. I've been arrested a few more times, but again I haven't reloaded the game because of it. So I'm sat here with over a million dollars on my person. Sure, I spend some of it on cabs, meals, shows and weapons/bodyarmor, but I don't see myself going broke anytime soon.

Oh, and it's not us smug c*nts or dickheads coming up with the fact it's a rags-to-slightly-better-rags story - this is what Houser himself said in at least one interview.

ZaZ9291
  • ZaZ9291

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:32 AM

Rockstar actually has a very good opportunity to implement the purchasing of bussinesses as well as other things with DLC, they could have Roman call you up and tell you he wants you to run the taxi bussiness with him, Roman being the brains and Niko being the brawn, and after a few missions (that involve someone trying to kill them or trying to ruin them) Roman proposes expansion to begin climbing to the top, and with each bussiness/ property you purchase there are a few missions that go with it, lie in VC.

In my opinion a good idea to get a mansion with a gargae is this:

After you or Dimitri kill Jimmy Pegorino his wife probably lives in the his house alone, they could add his wife as one of those random peds you do "favors" for, and when you see her standing outside her house on the sidewalk smoking or something she will notice you and she will be like "hey you're the asshole who killed my husband," and she starts running back to the house as Jimmy's guys start running out of his house trying to kill you, as his wife is running up the driveway you can shoot her and then get rid of all the goons and when you walk into the house Phil Bell can be sitting there and he could be like "Thanks for freeing me from this dieing family(mafia, gang), I'm gonna go move to Vice City where I can retire (After his wife dies he probably inherits peg's money) and then as he walks out of the house wit a suit case full of money he says you can keep the house, it's the least I can do.

I had some time to think that up, what do you guys thing? Lol.

JS1989
  • JS1989

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:13 AM

Have you ever seen europeans?  They can make lots of money but still look like they were sh*t out of a camels ass

wehahahahhhaha nice :v lol.gif

2faced
  • 2faced

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

there are two types of europeans in america
1.) FOB- they take soo much pride about thier 3rd world homeland they come
from yet they dont want to go back
2.) They smell funny

AvnGrad
  • AvnGrad

Chipper

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

I only wonder how did poor Roman bought you a crib.

Why Rockstar didn't make Roman's new taxi building?
Why the only thing you can really spend money on is guns?(Sorry, ammunition only actually!)
Why...?

I could go on but I will stop here.

Sgt Pepper
  • Sgt Pepper

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

once you finish you have around 500k, not broke but it aint insane. considering you are robbing a bank an sh*t, killing people for money, thats a reasonable ammount. i would prefer to buy businesses though, so there could be more missions, as long as it was done right, if you made quite a bit of money you would buy and run a business.

probaly in the dlc, greedy bastards.

frka
  • frka

AKA RHYME

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:59 AM Edited by frka, 27 May 2008 - 11:07 AM.

haha word on that, that country Europe STINKS! hahaha

Recent polls have shown 1/5 can't locate the U.S on a world map, why do you think this is?

"I personally believe if that U.S Americans are unable to do so because uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as South Africa and uh, the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here! in the U.S should help the U.S or should help south Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children"

suicidal.gif icon14.gif haha

Macauley
  • Macauley

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (frka @ May 27 2008, 10:59)

Recent polls have shown 1/5 can't locate the U.S on a world map, why do you think this is?

"I personally believe if that U.S Americans are unable to do so because uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as South Africa and uh, the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here! in the U.S should help the U.S or should help south Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children"

The lack of education surprised even me. About about 1% of the people in the world have a college education. Think yourselves lucky.

And for the uneducated, Europe isn't a country! Or were you just quoting RvB?

frka
  • frka

AKA RHYME

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:17 PM Edited by frka, 27 May 2008 - 01:22 PM.

QUOTE (Macauley @ May 27 2008, 11:27)
QUOTE (frka @ May 27 2008, 10:59)

The lack of education surprised even me. About about 1% of the people in the world have a college education. Think yourselves lucky.

And for the uneducated, Europe isn't a country! Or were you just quoting RvB?

man it was totally sarcasm, well at least for some people it's sarcasm and for others they do truly believe europe is a country haha biggrin.gif

you don't even have to have a college education to be more educated then she is, I mean I was learning the world map in 5th or was it 6th grade, and even before that I could point out where a country is. Well i guess that's what happens when a country only teaches their students about their own country and not things happening around the world tounge.gif

S4-Gore
  • S4-Gore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Not a Geography major then? Europe is a continent my friend.

Also, the people in certain countries of Europe don't have the opportunities that people in more developed areas do therefore have a lack of education, which limits their employabilty in turn having an effect on their social and cultural status due to shortage of wealth.

This is a forum for discussing a game, not a place for prejudices, common misconceptions, stereotyping and general ignorance.

frka
  • frka

AKA RHYME

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (S4-Gore @ May 27 2008, 13:25)

Not a Geography major then? Europe is a continent my friend.

Also, the people in certain countries of Europe don't have the opportunities that people in more developed areas do therefore have a lack of education, which limits their employabilty in turn having an effect on their social and cultural status due to shortage of wealth.

This is a forum for discussing a game, not a place for prejudices, common misconceptions, stereotyping and general ignorance.

Dude seriously, didn't you notice he was being sarcastic, believe me he knows that europe isn't a country since he is from norway

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

Wait... why was the Norweigan being sarcastic? I never said europe was a country.... I know it's a continent. A full continent of folks with no hygiene.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users