Photo

199 Flying Rats

44 replies to this topic
snappyfingers
  • snappyfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

I have bittersweet news, i have found my last pigeon it was in the old abandoned hospital where Niko had to recover drugs for Elizabeta.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

Is the GTA4.net interactive map complete? I'm missing 6 pigeons and I'm pretty sure I was damn thorough.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

I know the pain. biggrin.gif

I was hunting for them some time ago and I thought I did all but it said that I have found 199/200 I was like: fraaaaaakkkkkkk!!!

Luckily I found it, it was the one on the Borough bridge. Small little bastard. orly.gif

kronic2001
  • kronic2001

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:01 AM

f*ckin awesome... im in the same boat. 199 of 200.... i give up this is bullsh*t.

Final.Sixx
  • Final.Sixx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:24 AM

For users with the PC version you can get an ASI mod that displays the pigeons location via Radar. Can be very helpful if you are missing a few.

http://www.gtagaming...cript-mods/2548

Hit F3 to bring them up. That's all I can offer to help. For the people on consoles I guess you'll have to stick with checking the maps.

beast^-^
  • beast^-^

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (wayninja @ May 27 2008, 18:01)
You get an annihilator helicopter that fires rockets.

Bullsh*t. It's a regular Annihilator with Miniguns.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Tyrant Donald Trump's First Extrajudicial Killing Target

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

f*ckin awesome... im in the same boat. 199 of 200.... i give up this is bullsh*t.

I can confirm that there is (however rare it may be) a 199/200 pigeon glitch. I have no idea how it occurs, but it happens, and it is a fact.

I have been trying to get one missing pigeon since December of 2010, and have failed to again and again after using 4 different guides, and individually checking every pigeon on the map NINE times. I am not kidding. I honestly find it embarrassing.

I hope somebody else steps up and says that they have had this same problem. After three years of rechecking my work, resisting the urge to think the game had a glitch, I am contacting support tomorrow, and I won't leave anyone alone until I figure out what the problem is.

I've been trying to get 100% on GTA4 for years, and this has gotten in the way. The only solution I am faced with now unless support (Rockstar or Sony) has an answer is to start an entirely new GTA4 game and pursue 100% all over again, which would take a very long time and would be torture after all the work I have put in. Plus... what if it happens again?

Anyone who has experienced this please post.

Gta_user33
  • Gta_user33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have come up against the 199 pigeon problem. I know exactly which pigeon isn't there for me to shoot. It's on Mandrel road, the little bridge in the south of Alderney.

I actually hunted down each pigeon very methodically. I only killed a pigeon when i was on a pigeon hunting spree - so i didn't kill any whilst on a mission or randomly roaming the city. I counted how many pigeons were on each island about 5-6 times. I wouldn't shot pigeons on any another island until i had got them all on the current island. When i thought i got them all, i double checked to see if the numbers added up and they did until Alderney. I definitely only had 56 pigeons left when i went on to Alderney, which is the number of pigeons on the island.1

I only got on to the Alderney island a couple of days ago, so with my methodical way of getting the pigeons and limited time, i know there is a very slim chance of me killing it by accident.

I hunted for this particular pigeon for a good 10-15 minutes before giving up and looking at an online guide. The guides show that the pigeon is sat on the bridge wall in perfect view, but i can't see it even matching up my game view with that of the screenshots.

Is there any way to check which pigeon is left?

Just for my own sanity, even if it is a glitch and i don't get the reward. :/

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

You can always get the Simple Native Trainer and enable the Pigeons to be shown on the map. This way you can find that one bird, kill him and then remove the trainer in case you don't want it anymore.

Gta_user33
  • Gta_user33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Gta_user33, 3 weeks ago.

You can always get the Simple Native Trainer and enable the Pigeons to be shown on the map. This way you can find that one bird, kill him and then remove the trainer in case you don't want it anymore.

I tried to use the SImple Native Trainer V6.5 but GTAIV wouldn't load. I got to the point when it asks me about the social club. When i click next and the game actually loads, it just crashes and removes itself - no error messages or anything.

Looking at the log that the ScriptHook produces gives me this:

[INFO] GTA IV Script Hook 0.5.1 - (C) 2009, Aru - Initialized
[INFO] Process base address: 0x12b0000
[INFO] Auto detecting game version
[FATAL] Failed to detect game version

I don't mod any game, nor do i use any cheats/cheat scripts. Have i done something wrong? Or is this part of the way that Rockstar is prohibiting the modding community? As i believe not so long ago, they filed a legal warning? Although i'm not familiar with this at all.

Might i point out that i'm playing the game from Steam.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I tried to use the SImple Native Trainer V6.5 but GTAIV wouldn't load. I got to the point when it asks me about the social club. When i click next and the game actually loads, it just crashes and removes itself - no error messages or anything.

I don't mod any game, nor do i use any cheats/cheat scripts. Have i done something wrong? Or is this part of the way that Rockstar is prohibiting the modding community? As i believe not so long ago, they filed a legal warning? Although i'm not familiar with this at all.

The latest version (1.0.8) is pretty bad for modding, because the ScriptHook tool was not updated to this version. There's an .EXE from the Rockstar Support website that downgrades the game to 1.0.7, so ScriptHook can work again.

Gta_user33
  • Gta_user33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 3 weeks ago

The latest version (1.0.8) is pretty bad for modding, because the ScriptHook tool was not updated to this version. There's an .EXE from the Rockstar Support website that downgrades the game to 1.0.7, so ScriptHook can work again.

The executable that you talk about - is it just the patch for version 1.0.7 that i apply? Once i'm done with the trainer, how do i get back to version 1.0.8 since there doesn't appear to be a patch on the Rockstar website for it? Version 1.0.8 is buttery smooth in comparison to 1.0.7.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Simply replace the .exe file back to the 1.0.8.0 one :)

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

The executable that you talk about - is it just the patch for version 1.0.7 that i apply? Once i'm done with the trainer, how do i get back to version 1.0.8 since there doesn't appear to be a patch on the Rockstar website for it? Version 1.0.8 is buttery smooth in comparison to 1.0.7.

Since you're in Steam, you can just update it back.

Gta_user33
  • Gta_user33

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wasn't prepared to jump between pigeon locations since there didn't seem to be any real logic to the order. Mainly because the graphics was shocking since that version of the game couldn't detect my graphics card properly.

I found a mod called Pigeon Detector V1.1 but that requires V1.0.3. Since the Windows Live Gaming thing has changed, it meant that i also had to run the xlive.dll, otherwise V1.0.3 wouldn't load. 

The pigeon detector worked like a charm as it highlighted which pigeons you haven't already got. Also useful for the jumps too.

Surprise surprise, i actually missed a pigeon. It was one of the last 15 pigeons that i did to complete the task. I obviously had a confused mind, not shooting a pigeon that i thought i had and shooting another pigeon that i can't remember shooting. 

Now i'm back to version 1.0.8 to enjoy the rest of this beautiful game.

• Jeansowaty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users