Photo

the Go-kart tracks a waste...

31 replies to this topic
*FERAL*
  • *FERAL*

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

its a real shame rockstar never gave us the use of the go kart track. i know its not that big a track, but we know rockstar can make karts, as they did in gta s.a.. and it would give the game a bit more longevity. maybe they could sort this out by giving us some sort of patch or upgrade...

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Have you a Wii and a copy of Mario Kart? If so, go nuts.

MechCb
  • MechCb

Get some!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

what go cart track?

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

Yeah that pissed me off too, i was hopin for a fun little go kart race

lunden07
  • lunden07

This is how we do it

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

yeah i really dont care if it works or not, but it would be cool to have the go kart from SA and have like a mini race or something

PB&James
  • PB&James

IV

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Bully has go karts. That's a good game.

d1storted
  • d1storted

[ $ ] u p e r i o R.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

wheres the track?

Xamot
  • Xamot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

at the rundown theme park place by the bowling alley

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

Bully was fun. They had Go-Karts in the carnival. when you done all the go-kart races you can get one to own yourself so you can drive all around bullworth running people over lol.gif

Mentality
  • Mentality

EA-Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

I saw it and tryed to initiate a bike race on multiplayer in free roam, but people are just so hostile and, well lets just say it didn't happen.

Yes it was a shame there was no carts, but I'm not assed either way.

chris cambo
  • chris cambo

Group: The Yardies

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

You can get cars on there, the banshee fits perfectly. I remember me and a gorup of 8 friends had a destruction derby race on their. last car standing is the winner and you have to stick to the track as much as possible.

Safe_Badger
  • Safe_Badger

Community Badger

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, remember crying myself to sleep over the matter. What a shame cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

thebrownman
  • thebrownman

FMOC Xbox 360 organizer

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

yeah the little things like that and the roller coaster kinda dissapoint me. Hopefully something will come out for DLC.

John Jacques
  • John Jacques

Big Smoke!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

Rockstar did not add too many extras to GTA 4. I did not expect them to, this was, after all, the first next-gen GTA. I expect the next one will be loaded with stuff and will send us to Paradise! Until then, I still love GTA4.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

it's so small to race cars on =(

things like this, the driving range, skate park, the truck depots, the roller coaster and mini-golf etc seem like obvious DLC to me.

at the driving range for example you have to take a helicopter to get into it (at this point) but there are sprunk machines inside?!?

how can that not be something that will be unlocked with DLC.

bk112
  • bk112

Narc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:36 PM

ohhh my motherf*cking god!!

Why did you remind me about the go karts?? Thats another thing they didn't include from previous GTA.

ooommggg.. the list gets bigger and bigger...

f*cking cockstar*

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Niko on a go-kart? lol

Co'me on, get real. That's what a Wii is for.

I don't even like adding in racing side missions, as i'd take 50 more storyline missions instead of racing missions and other non-storyline missions.

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

There's alot in IV that's a total waste such as the amusement park, 95% of the buildings etc....

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ May 26 2008, 20:45)
Niko on a go-kart? lol

I don't even like adding in racing side missions, as i'd take 50 more storyline missions instead of racing missions and other non-storyline missions.

Yeah! It's stupid to picture Niko on a go-kart. That's why they included the track. So you could look at the track and say to yourself "It's a good think this track isn't functional, otherwise that would be stupid".

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

There is a track that you can use ingame its called the whole of liberty city. Theres so many roads and nice bends and sh*t who needs a go kart and a farty little track.

eagle016
  • eagle016

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (*FERAL* @ May 26 2008, 19:08)
its a real shame rockstar never gave us the use of the go kart track. i know its not that big a track, but we know rockstar can make karts, as they did in gta s.a.. and it would give the game a bit more longevity. maybe they could sort this out by giving us some sort of patch or upgrade...

If the go-kart track is a waste I guess the roller coaster, the other rides, the buildings we can't go in, the flatbets we cannot hook up to the semi trucks and everything we can't actually use like cars, weapons, some trash and some buildings.

That's all they should have put in the game is only the objects you can actually use... forget scenery and other things that make the city look real... just put in like 20 buildings, some cars, some weapons and those pieces of junk you can pick up.

You make no sense saying it's a waste. It might be a shame... but not a waste.

You're thread though was a waste.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (wayninja @ May 26 2008, 21:05)
QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ May 26 2008, 20:45)
Niko on a go-kart? lol

Yeah! It's stupid to picture Niko on a go-kart. That's why they included the track. So you could look at the track and say to yourself "It's a good think this track isn't functional, otherwise that would be stupid".

Ask me, how old do you think Niko is?

About 30 i'm guessing.

Now how many 30 yr olds have you seen driving a go kart around a amusment park?

lol very few, and those who do are doing so with the're kids.

And no kids are in the game.

The track is in the game because those tracks are seen in amusment parks like C. Island.

But i guess this makes too much sense ha?

And you'll rather have a 30 yr old drive a go-kart around a tiny track, when he has highways everywhere to drive real cars around, instead.

Niko a guy who has been through a war and has a hard past. Yeah, i can easily see him driving a go-kart.

Yeah, that makes sense...

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (eagle016 @ May 26 2008, 21:10)
QUOTE (*FERAL* @ May 26 2008, 19:08)

If the go-kart track is a waste I guess the roller coaster, the other rides, the buildings we can't go in, the flatbets we cannot hook up to the semi trucks and everything we can't actually use like cars, weapons, some trash and some buildings.

That's all they should have put in the game is only the objects you can actually use... forget scenery and other things that make the city look real... just put in like 20 buildings, some cars, some weapons and those pieces of junk you can pick up.

You make no sense saying it's a waste. It might be a shame... but not a waste.

You're thread though was a waste.

1) Maybe it's just me, but if it's replability is in the form of racing Niko on a go-kart, that's a waste of system resources.

2) I can see Niko on the roller coaster, on a date with Michelle or another gal. That does fit Niko alot better.

3) Going into buildings would only make sense if Rockstar had a reason to do so, such as more clothing stores or more bars, strip clubs, pool halls, bowling alleye..ect, that would fit into the storyline.

Did you ever hear of a game called Shenmue?

Well in Shenmue 2, you could enter a bunch of buildings that had nothing but furniture and other apart. stuff inside it. Doing this was for cosmetic reasons, and trust me it is useless and boring as well. And i'm a major Shenmue fan, but if it's useless, why even include it into the game?

What would make sense is more places that fit what Niko enjoys(pool/darts/drinkiing..ect) or needs(clothes/food), that Niko can explore.

4)Instead of childish go-karts(this is not a Wii game) what makes more sense, is to have more in-game objects that Niko can now use, such as trash cans being used for weapons or breaking into say a jewely store.

That makes alot more sense then seeing Niko on a go-kart.

Degu
  • Degu

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:01 AM

It's a run-down and dis-used circus/fair ground type place so why would there be any go-carts anyway?

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ May 26 2008, 23:35)

The track is in the game because those tracks are seen in amusment parks like C. Island.

And you'll rather have a 30 yr old drive a go-kart around a tiny track, when he has highways everywhere to drive real cars around, instead.

Niko a guy who has been through a war and has a hard past. Yeah, i can easily see him driving a go-kart.

More than I've seen 30 yr olds walking around NYC with an RPG on their shoulder... WAY more...

iceman654
  • iceman654

Ranetki is sexy

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Coltrane's Muse @ May 26 2008, 19:09)
Have you a Wii and a copy of Mario Kart? If so, go nuts.

OH well why don't we just take cars out of the game and tell people to go play Forza instead aye! OH also, we can take out the RADIO and tell people to go listen to a ACTUAL radio! OMG GENIUS!

Pffft people will come up with ANYTHING to do defend the games lack of content, its so pathetic. The game isn't even close to being realistic for f*ck sake and gives a crap, games are about fun not simulating real life.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (wayninja @ May 27 2008, 00:03)

More than I've seen 30 yr olds walking around NYC with an RPG on their shoulder... WAY more...

lol..good co'me back.

Of course RPG's in a 30 year olds hand is very unrealistic..lol, but it stays with the serious nature/more mature of this game.

But Rockstar must put a RPG into the game, because if not, the outcry would be unheard of. The RPG was a staple of all 3D GTA's.

Also there is a delicate balance between realism and fun, and Rockstar knows this.

This is more realistic then the past GTA's, but it's a far cry off from Shenmue 1 & 2, which are the most realistic worlds ever done.

And i love the Shenmue series, but when you go overboard for realism that much, it becomes far too boring.

ZaZ9291
  • ZaZ9291

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

In DLC they could add it as a thing you can do with friends/dates, like an addition to pool, and bowling and darts.

Peter_G
  • Peter_G

Shlong Kong

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ May 27 2008, 01:39)
QUOTE (wayninja @ May 27 2008, 00:03)

lol..good co'me back.

Of course RPG's in a 30 year olds hand is very unrealistic..lol, but it stays with the serious nature/more mature of this game.

But Rockstar must put a RPG into the game, because if not, the outcry would be unheard of. The RPG was a staple of all 3D GTA's.

Also there is a delicate balance between realism and fun, and Rockstar knows this.

This is more realistic then the past GTA's, but it's a far cry off from Shenmue 1 & 2, which are the most realistic worlds ever done.

And i love the Shenmue series, but when you go overboard for realism that much, it becomes far too boring.

I hate when peoples comebacks are "Niko wouldn't suit that".

You're the person controlling him, he doesn't have AI. Why not make it super realistic and make the main character an average 30 year old man, gets up everyday for work and just sits there for 8 hours, hes not aloud to hold guns or do any "kids stuff" like the funfair. Sound like a good game?

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ May 27 2008, 01:39)
lol..good co'me back.

My point is why put it in the game if it's not functional? It serves no purpose other than to antagonize us into wondering why it's not functional.

I don't like having to rationalize why I'm not allowed to do something nutty in a GAME when the devs saw fit to include everything but the functionality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users