On Cabs and Grenades

7 replies to this topic
stantough
  • stantough

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

I have encountered two issues for GTA IV in PS3 and I would like to ask about them.

The first issue is on cabs, has anyone ran along the streets of liberty city for almost 15 minutes without finding ANY cab on sight? And this is one point in the game where Roman is unable to provide a cab for you.

The second issue is on grenades. Is it normal that when you are taking cover against a wall facing left and you are unable to shoot a grenade (Pressing R2 has no effect) but when you change direction to the right (or when you stop taking cover) you can do it?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Furnace
  • Furnace

TheEuropeanConnection

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

That's wierd about the taking cover grenade thing. I'll check this out next time i play, but i use grenades quite alot and would probably have noticed this by now if it happened to me. As for the cab thing, i can't go anywhere without seeing one. And sometimes if you've recently taken a free cab from Roman he can't give you one in a while.

*Moondog*
  • *Moondog*

24/7 Gamer

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

do you mean when taking cover you can only throw the grenades round the corners and not over the top, i'm sure that is the case with grenades but not 100% sure, i only use grenades for sliding under cars which is so f*cking sweet!

War_Hero
  • War_Hero

Suffering from GTA fever!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

I sometimes experience the cab thing, which is relatively annoying at times.

For the grenades, I find that when I'm in cover, I have to slightly hold L2 then I can throw the grenade. smile.gif

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (stantough @ May 25 2008, 13:04)
Hi,

I have encountered two issues for GTA IV in PS3 and I would like to ask about them.

The first issue is on cabs, has anyone ran along the streets of liberty city for almost 15 minutes without finding ANY cab on sight? And this is one point in the game where Roman is unable to provide a cab for you.

The second issue is on grenades. Is it normal that when you are taking cover against a wall facing left and you are unable to shoot a grenade (Pressing R2 has no effect) but when you change direction to the right (or when you stop taking cover) you can do it?

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Because Niko is right handed and his right arm is against the wall when facing left. wink.gif

stantough
  • stantough

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Oh, ok, I thought it could be a bug or something..

Thanks a lot! rolleyes.gif

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

Well, sometimes cabs are hard to find...but, maybe you're in the part of town where there aren't many. You probably can't get Roman's cab because you used his feature earlier that day. I found that you can only use it once a day.

For grenades...well, I've never thrown grenades whilst under cover. I do find that if I'm positioned in the wrong way, Niko won't fire his gun either. Maybe that's the issues you're having?

Essexlad3
  • Essexlad3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

Grenades rock

best thign about them is on xbox live and ur in a car and drive past the other players and just drop a grenade and they dont notice, next thing is they are blown up t kingdom come lol

well funny devil.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users