Photo

The Ultimate Game Starter

44 replies to this topic
(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

Well, no I never used it lol.. infact I didnt use any mods or addons.. and I can't currently check the file.. I've just come back from a reformat around 15 days ago and havent bothered loading on the games yet.. but I'll take your word for it.

Hmm, Im honestly not sure what could have caused it.. I do remember I had a lot of trouble with the top vans and some helicopters.. I had to take other ones and park them in spots, get out, get in.. and the stats wouldnt register.. Spud also knows about this. Perhaps the game messed up? Your guess is as good as mine.. dontgetit.gif I'll install Vice City in the next 48 hours, and check it out. icon14.gif

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE ((Del) @ Jun 30 2008, 12:25)
Well, no I never used it lol.. infact I didnt use any mods or addons.. and I can't currently check the file.. I've just come back from a reformat around 15 days ago and havent bothered loading on the games yet.. but I'll take your word for it.

Hmm, Im honestly not sure what could have caused it.. I do remember I had a lot of trouble with the top vans and some helicopters.. I had to take other ones and park them in spots, get out, get in.. and the stats wouldnt register.. Spud also knows about this. Perhaps the game messed up? Your guess is as good as mine.. dontgetit.gif I'll install Vice City in the next 48 hours, and check it out. icon14.gif

hmmm.. then maybe the game messed up.. hehe.. i just saw it a while ago when i checked your save file..

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

lol oh right, im surprised people even looked at this.. as you can see from the thread.. a few people thought it was a waste of time.. so yeah, feedback aint been great tounge.gif

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

hehe.. you know, some people just don't know how to appreciate efforts.. i just don't understand those people..

i mean, it's very simple.. if they don't like these "starter saves", then they could just ignore them.. what's the point in saying bad words against them?

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

lol exactly.. Thats one of the main reason I dont go near the GTA IV board on this site, I get so angry at the petty comments.

And on that note, im gonna have to hit the sack.. I haveto get up in 3 hours to go to the beach. anything to keep her happy suicidal.gif lol, night. icon14.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hey Del. Congrats again. BTW, how did you do the Firefighter mission? IIRC, theres no firetruck on the east side and you can't use the one on the west side before it gets officially unlocked.

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Thanks.

And I think you're mistaken.. There is firetrucks, well.. from what I remember, I could be wrong..

I'm actually in the process of getting ready to go through Vice City again tomorrow, I'll have to look into it. tounge.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Sorry to correct you my friend, but you ARE wrong. I've searched the entire east island and there is absolutely NO spawn point for the firetruck. Tell me about it if, by chance, I'm wrong.
Another thing, will you be making ultimate starters for the others GTAs too?

Alk
  • Alk

Vigilante

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:55 PM Edited by Alk, 06 August 2008 - 02:12 PM.

sure you can... just do the molotov rampage in ocean beach. and then a firetruck will come...

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:53 PM Edited by (Del), 06 August 2008 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (Alk @ Aug 6 2008, 06:55)
sure you can... just do the molotov rampage in ocean beach. and then a firetruck will come...

Oh is that the way. I did read up on a lot of tricks and tips when I made it. Could of been that one.

As for the other GTAs, I have one for GTA III (link in my signature).

Edit: the first post download link now updated (it was a broken link)

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

OK, thanks for the tip. It worked easily with the molotov rampage. colgate.gif

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:09 PM Edited by Puto Bendejo, 29 September 2009 - 09:44 PM.

(DEL) your game starter is FANTASTIC to say the least, but I am very puzzled by a few things... the proofed cars stored in the garages. I knew about the police cheetah..who doesn't by now? but this one is PROOFED! also the 5 proofed sabre turbos and black pcj600, not to mention the black police car and black voodoo, all fully proofed! gotta tell me how you accomplished this before any story missions? there was just enough rooms in the remaining garages to add 5 more admirals, arre there other bp/fp/ep/dp/ vehicles in the game besides these? and again where did you aquire these vehicles? I want more of them, for sure! I have always had a very hard time with finding all the packages and the jumps, and I've never gotten past level 9 of paramedic, altho the rampages are a hell of a lot easier in VC than GTA III was! thanks again for your starter! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
P.S. when can we expect a game starter file for gta SA and GTA IV ? I've done San Andreas to 100% many times, but I could do without all that stuff next time around ( chiliad challenge was hardest) finding all the tags photos clams and horse shoes ...SO BORING)) and for GTA IV...Im LOUSY, need all KINDS of help!! thanks again for sharing your work with us alien.gif

Palatino
  • Palatino

Nikon

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:09 AM

Hi, thank you so much for your starter savega mes! They've been extremely helpful. I'm wondering the same thing as Bendejo, I want to know how did you get those "almost everything-proof except popped tires" Sabre Turbos! Again, thanks for your time, I'm also using your GTA III starter savegame, as I'm just interested in the storyline as I have heard that is great and I'm not interested at all on the side missions of that game haha

Steccky.
  • Steccky.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Nice, I did that too a long time ago.Good work, keep it up. smile.gif

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

Well, no I never used it lol.. infact I didnt use any mods or addons..

Well, Mr. or Ms. (Del), your statement is incorrect. You obviously used some sort of mod or addon to help create your Ultimate Game Starter.

First, I'd like to say that I've completed several Ultimate Game Starters (Starter Saves) for both San Andreas and GTA IV, and I have a few video series demonstrating how they were completed; they're on YouTube. Several of my subscribers have asked me to create a 'Starter Save' video series for Vice City, but I just haven't had the time to do so.

I have created my own Starter Save for Vice City, and for fun, I decided to download your saved-game to compare it to mine, only then to find out that yours is clearly modified.

Here's the proof:
In your stats, it states the following:
1) Your 'Playing Time' only totaled 4:34 (just over 4½ hours), which is highly questionable. For example, to complete all 100 taxi fares takes just under 2 hours to complete (My average was about 1 hour & 55 minutes), and completing the Paramedic Mission takes about 35-40 minutes (my average). Those are just two examples. There's a minimum time to complete everything, and the amount of time you played falls way too short.

In my Vice City Starter Save, my 'Playing Time' stat is 16:43 (16 hours and 43 minutes). Mine is long, though, due to the fact that I went to level 48 on Vigilante mission and level 18 on the Firefighter mission, plus I collected the unique vehicles from the 'Trial by Dirt' and 'Test Track' races. All of that added more time.

There is a YouTuber that goes by 'MePlayingGTA', and he/she completed a Vice City Starter Save. The videos they made for it total about 8 hours and 15 minutes (roughly), but several parts are edited out, which means it took longer than 8 hours and 15 minutes to complete.
Here's a link to their videos (they're not my videos): http://www.youtube.c...ayingGTA/videos

Anyone who has played Vice City will know that it takes a certain amount of time to complete any mission, including Firefighter, Vigilante, Paramedic, Pizza Boy, and all the other side missions and collectables, and your 'Playing Time' stat just doesn't add up.

2) Your 'Gang members wasted' stat is only at 18, which is not possible. Here's a complete list of all the Rampages in Vice City. As you can see, You need to kill a lot more than 18, and all of them should be reflected in your stats, which they're not.

Rampages (source for text: Bradygames Guides, and verified in-game):
#01 Viceport/Ocean Beach: Destroy 10 vehicles in 2 minutes
#02 Ocean Beach: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#03 Ocean Beach: Run over and kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#04 Ocean Beach: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#05 Ocean Beach: Kill 10 gang members in 2 minutes
#06 Ocean Beach: Kill 20 gang members in 2 minutes
#07 Ocean Beach: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#08 Ocean Beach: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#09 Washington Beach: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#10 Washington Beach: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#11 Vice Point: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#12 Vice Point: Drive-by and waste 35 gang members in 2 minutes
#13 Vice Point: Kill 20 gang members in 2 minutes
#14 Vice Point: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#15 Vice Point: Kill 35 gang members in 2 minutes
#16 Vice Point: Kill 35 gang members in 2 minutes
#17 Vice Point: Drive-by and waste 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#18 Downtown: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#19 Downtown: Kill 40 gang members in 2 minutes
#20 Downtown: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#21 Downtown: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#22 Downtown: Drive-by and waste 35 gang members in 2 minutes
#23 Downtown: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#24 Little Haiti: Kill 35 gang members in 2 minutes
#25 Little Haiti: Kill 30 gang members in 2 minutes
#26 Little Havana: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#27 Little Havana: Kill 20 gang members in 2 minutes
#28 Little Havana: Kill 20 gang members in 2 minutes
#29 Little Havana: Kill 20 gang members in 2 minutes
#30 Viceport: Kill 35 gang members in 2 minutes
#31 Viceport/The Docks: Destroy 15 vehicles in 2 minutes
#32 Escobar International: Kill 25 gang members in 2 minutes
#33 Escobar International: Destroy 15 vehicles in 2 minutes
#34 Escobar International: Destroy 20 vehicles in 2 minutes
#35 Starfish Island: Run over and kill 35 gang members in 2 minutes

3) Two of your 'distance traveled' stats are both at zero, which is highly questionable. They are:
a) Dist. traveled by boat 0.00 (miles)
b) Dist. traveled by helicopter 0.00 (miles)

If both of those stats are at zero, then how did you complete the Rampage that's located just southwest of Ocean Beach on a small isolated wooden dock (surrounded by deep water)? Please explain that.

Also, how did you collect the Hidden Packages that are placed on top of tall buildings? There are a few of them, and how did you collect the two Hidden Packages that are located just southwest of Ocean Beach, one of them is on the same wooden dock as the aforementioned Rampage, and the other one is next to that on a large rock (island)? Both surrounded by deep water. Please explain that.

And, your 'Dist. traveled by car' stat is only 58.97 (miles).
When I did the Taxi Missions, it added on over 102 miles to my stats, and that was only for doing the Taxi Missions, nothing else. Somehow, you were able to complete all of the side missions and total up to only 58 miles? Again, that just doesn't add up.

4) Your 'Fastest time on 'PCJ Playground' doesn't make any sense. It's listed as: 0:338.
Your previous responses to that were "Im honestly not sure what could have caused it.. " and "im surpri sed people even looked at this".
Do you care to elaborate more on that?

5) There are several 'proofed' vehicles in the garages. Even if you can explain all of my previous points off as glitches, there's only one explanation for the vehicles in your garages: they are mods.

Here are the vehicles in your saved-game:
At the Ocean Heights garage:
a) There's an 'all-proofed' Police Cheetah. BP/EP/FP/DP. This 'proofed' vehicle is not available at all during any point in the game.

At the Hyman Condo there are several 'all-proofed' vehicles:
b) There are three 'all-proofed' Sabre Turbos BP/EP/FP/DP
c) There's an 'all-proofed' PCJ-600. BP/EP/FP/DP. Painted black.
d) There's an 'all-proofed' Police car. BP/EP/FP/DP. Painted black.
e) There's an 'all-proofed' Voodoo. BP/EP/FP/DP. Painted black.
f) There's are two 'all-proofed' Freeway motorbikes. BP/EP/FP/DP. Both painted black.

Again, none of these vehicles are available at any point in the game.

In an unmodified game, there's a black Voodoo from the mission "Two Bit Hit", but it's not 'proofed'. Otherwise, none of the vehicles in your garages are ever available in black.

Also in an unmodified game, there's a BP/EP/FP Sabre Turbo from the mission "The Driver", but it's not Damage-proof (DP)

Here are my sources for the 'proofed' vehicles:
a) 4emp2008, who has also made a comprehensive series of videos showing all available 'proofed' vehicles:
http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1063474324

b) Lancet Jades created a very detailed guide describing all 'special vehicles' in Vice City:
http://www.gamefaqs....city/faqs/44514

In conclusion, it is my opinion that (Del) did some of the missions/collectables that are needed to complete a Starter Save, but did the rest of it through some sort of mod (or something similar). The stats just don't add up, and the 'proofed' vehicles verify it.

The title of this topic should be changed to reflect the mods that were added to it, otherwise, it's misleading, and because of that, it really doesn't deserve to be pinned. That's just my opinion.
  • Captain Delitian and Sibbs like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users