» «
Photo

The Ultimate Game Starter

43 replies to this topic
(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:05 AM Edited by (Del), 06 August 2008 - 08:56 PM.

The Ultimate Game Starter

Introduction
At the start of this year I completed The Ultimate Game Starter for GTA III (Link found in my signature), an last night I decided to follow it up with a Vice City version. I've gone through the game performing every task thats possible without doing a single storyline mission, below are the follow things that have been completed or passed.

Statistics
Percentage completed: 44%
Mission attempts: 19
Missions failed: 0
Times busted: 0
Hospital visits: 0
Unique jumps passed: 35/36
Rampages passed: 35/35
Hidden packages: 100/100
Stores Robbed: 15/15

Non-Profit Properties
Ocean Heights
Links View Apartments
1102 Washington Street
3321 Vice Point
Skumole Shack
El Swanko Casa
Hyman Condom

Hyman Memorial Stadium
HOTring: Completed
DIRTring: Completed
BLOODring: Completed

Vehicle Missions (R3)
Paramedic (Level 12): Completed
Vigilant (Level 12): Completed
Firetruck (Level 12): Completed
Taxi (100 Fares): Completed
Pizza Boy (Level 10): Completed

Top Fun Vans
RC Bandit Race: Completed
RC Baron Race: Completed
RC Raider Pickup: Completed

Other
PCJ Playground: Completed
Cone Crazy: Completed
Trial by Dirt: Completed
Test Track: Completed

* The missing unique jump becomes avilable once G-Spotlight is accessed from the Film Studio. Go up the elevator, an it's the jump directly after the cut scene. As for some of the other jumps, I used various vehicles to jump onto the roofs.

If you're wondering how I jumped the islands, I used Demarests island jumping trick from there it was just using the choppers to get around fetching the items.

An to give you a very brief description of whats left to get 100%; All main storyline missions including all side missions. Asset missions; Sunshine Auto; Payphone Assassination; Chopper Checkpoints (there 4); Purchase all 8 assets; Get 45 points on the Rifle Range. An finish that last unique jump tounge.gif Edit: I almost forgot, and spend $300 (5 minutes) at Pole Position Strip Cub

Any feedback/glitches/mistakes would be appreciated.

Download

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

Good to see you've done it. I wanted to do it as well, but not I don't have to. Nice one!

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Yeah I put it off for a while.. but last week my PS3 laser burnt out, after only having it for 32 days (I only played it 16 hours in total). So now I have about 3 weeks to kill.. Figured its time to get this out of the way.

The unique jumps were mainly the problem, getting onto of some of the buildings.. An I also missed a store to rob, which cost me about an hour backtracking as I couldnt figure out which store ive missed. tounge.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:53 PM Edited by Spuds725, 26 May 2008 - 12:55 PM.

Did you arrange with Samutz to host that save "permanently"??

If not, it will be automatically deleted 30 days (recently increased from 7 days) after its last download-- not a problem if someone downloads it each month, but I would ask him to host it.

From Samutz's SNP upload page:

Only *.b files are accepted. No *.zip or *.rar files.

All saves expire and are automatically deleted 30 days after their last download.

If you'd like permanent hosting of a save file, upload it here and PM me the link on GTAForums along with the reason you want it to stay up permanently.

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Yes sir.

Me an Samutz have an arrangement. He hosted it straight away tounge.gif .

Yatesyz
  • Yatesyz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

Ah you managed to pull this off, congratz to you.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

I'm in the process of making such a save for myself, and I wonder if the fact that I'm not geting the "missions completed" stat is normal for VC, or I'm experiencing some glitch.
Also, shouldnt missions like PCJ Paygroung or RC missions change the name of the save? In my case is still "In the begining"- is it because I never even got close to the hotell, after starting the game, or just VC behaves differently then SA and GTA3?

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ May 26 2008, 13:42)
I'm in the process of making such a save for myself, and I wonder if the fact that I'm not geting the "missions completed" stat is normal for VC, or I'm experiencing some glitch.
Also, shouldnt missions like PCJ Paygroung or RC missions change the name of the save? In my case is still "In the begining"- is it because I never even got close to the hotell, after starting the game, or just VC behaves differently then SA and GTA3?

Hmm, I can't 100% recall if a screen comes up saying mission complete.. but I do have 19 attempts at missions with no fails so I assume they do. An as for the save file last mission name, PCJ Playground wouldnt affect that on Vice City.. I didnt go into the Pink marker at the start of the hotel so I assumed it was set on that. Good luck with your save. If you need any help drop me a line.

FierceDeityIX
  • FierceDeityIX

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

This looks like a very nice starter save.

Have you left out the chopper checkpoints for a reason?

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (FierceDeityIX @ May 26 2008, 14:10)
This looks like a very nice starter save.

Have you left out the chopper checkpoints for a reason?

Hmm, I went to all 4 starter points.. walked around the buildings so they have time to reappear.. none of them appeared what so ever.. If I am mistake tell me an I will add them to it.. but I just assumed they wasnt available yet.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

They aren't until the west island opens up...

Pinned

We will likely be redoing the hosted saves/mods thread and incorporating this into that-- will be in its own thread for 6 months or so for visibility.

Thanks for contributing..

Spuds

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

Wow Spuds, what an honour. Thanks a lot.. tounge.gif Hopefully people will use the idea. Thanks again.

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (pomor @ May 26 2008, 20:42)

uhmm, yeah, VC behaves differently from SA.. when you do PCJ Playground, it won't show on the name of your save file..

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

not to denigrate your achievement, but what is the point of doing this?

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (NZskep @ Jun 1 2008, 10:44)

And what is the point of playing the game, in your opinion?

And (DEL), how you managed to get these two jumps from the film studio's mission? I tried to follow Spuds directions, but to no avail.
How you got to the roof of the hospital in the Downtown? I cannot figure it out myslef, as for now. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

I posted in the other thread-- a link to the vid of the jump...

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (NZskep @ Jun 1 2008, 03:44)

Hello. Due to the new release of GTA IV many people are going through the storymodes of previous GTA's to get a kind of recap.. Myself included, along my travels I decided to try to do everything that is possible before the storymode.. A kind of challenge if you will - I was kind enough to release it for others so people can just attempt storymode and move onto the next game. Many of us still to this day enjoy playing previous GTA's.

An Pomor.. Same method as Spuds.. tounge.gif

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Jun 1 2008, 17:34)
not to denigrate your achievement,  but what is the point of doing this?

And (DEL), how you managed to get these two jumps from the film studio's mission? I tried to follow Spuds directions, but to no avail.
How you got to the roof of the hospital in the Downtown? I cannot figure it out myslef, as for now. any suggestion would be appreciated.

What is the point of playing the game? To have fun, obviously.

Just how is having someone else do all the other stuff for you 'fun'?

when you find all the stunt jumps, or collect all the packages you get a sense of achievement. Searching for the packages, or jumps is fun.
When you download a save game from someone else who has already done this, where does that sense of achievement come from?

I suppose having all the hidden packages makes the game marginally easier because you have weapons spawning at your save point, but you get so much money during the game that it isn't really hard to just buy all the guns you need anyway. (or if you are willing to download a save game, you might as well just use the cheats)

(DEL) - I enjoy the story mode too, (and I am actually playing VC again because I have completed GTA4) ut no-one is forced to do all the other stuff before attempting story mode, it's not like your helping people out by allowing them to skip a load of stuff. If they just want to do the story, they can do that without collecting all the packages etc.

I guess I just don't see why people would want to download it. If I want all 100 packages, I'd rather do it myself. no point otherwise. :shrug:

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:30 PM

I honestly fail to see your point. If you want to do all the stuff, do the stuff. Nobody is FORCING you to download this, its merely here to give a little helping hand to fellow GTA'ers.

If you wanna collect 100 packages, go and do it.. confused.gif

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE ((Del) @ Jun 1 2008, 22:30)
I honestly fail to see your point. If you want to do all the stuff, do the stuff. Nobody is FORCING you to download this, its merely here to give a little helping hand to fellow GTA'ers.

If you wanna collect 100 packages, go and do it.. confused.gif

no need to be sarcastic. I'm only asking.

I just don't see the benefit to downloading a save game where someone has done everything bar the main missions.

If getting all the packages or doing all the jumps opened up something special or unique I can understand people not wanting to bother collecting them all, but they don't unlock anything like that. the only stuff they unlock is new weapons at your save which you can just as easily get by buying them, or simply using a cheat.

what sort of person would download this save game other than someone who wants to brag to his friends about getting 100% without actually doing it himself? (in which case, I suppose, they would just download a 100% savegame and save themselves that bother too biggrin.gif )

Just how is this save giving people a 'helping hand'? In what way does it 'help' people?

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:38 PM Edited by (Del), 01 June 2008 - 11:41 PM.

OK.. lets get down to it.

First off, there was no sarcasm in my last post. Trust me.

The majority of the people (mainly new people I might add) struggle with certain missions.. paramedics for example.. rampages, even unique jumps.. There are many saves out there with specific items complete.. my aim was to complete every item that can be done without touching the storymode [which I have previously stated]. Giving these new people (my target audience) a helping hand by completing various tasks.. Most of the stuff that has been completed can be redone again if the user feels they need to accomplish this.. The only tasks users cant redo are rampages/packages.

This is an option.. People don't have to take it, its here for others who are quickly going through storymode.. You seem to touch on weapons, why not the other rewards? 150 health or more body armour that I have won? longer sprint aswell? 3 key assets to making the game a lot easier.

I also should point out, yes you can go to ammunation for weapons, but at the start of the game all you can buy is a bat.. a pistol a few missions in.. With this save, you can go to your safe house and pull out an AK47/Uzi... I know what sounds more appealing to me.

My intention was never to share this, it was mainly for myself.. But after looking through the various saves on the Vice City area I see a gap in the market, no-one has ever completed this (Well a release of it anyway).. (A guy attempted it at GTAgarage.com but didnt do asmuch as I)

Following my success of Grand Theft Auto III's ultimate save (link found in my signature) I pushed ahead an got this completed.. If you take a look at that thread, many people downloaded it and used it.. left good comments in return.. If you find this useless, that's fine but that is just your opinion.. You may be this hardcore GTA who thinks "why buy a game if you cant complete it yourself?" an I couldnt agree more, but for people who are going through it their 4th/5th/6th/etc time and have already completed all the side extras.. who wouldnt want to skip it?

I know in around 6 months time when I go through all the GTA's again I will be using all 3 of my ultimate saves, I don't plan on ever viewing another hidden package again...it's boring.

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

fair enough biggrin.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

I play on PS2-- I keep a save with paramedic and taxi done already (I did them)-- this is so I won't put myself through 2+ hours of boring/stress-- paramedic isn't too bad for me now, but taxi is so boring and long.

I enjoy doing everything else in the game---

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:17 AM

Oh I feel you there Spud.. This is one of the main reasons I made this save, so one day in the future I can skip all the side crap an get down to the storymode.. Though once ive gone through all 3 games then onto IV. (I have it already, but havent played it much..) tounge.gif

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:59 AM Edited by pomor, 06 June 2008 - 12:14 PM.

QUOTE (NZskep @ Jun 1 2008, 22:17)
QUOTE (pomor @ Jun 1 2008, 17:34)
not to denigrate your achievement,  but what is the point of doing this?

What is the point of playing the game? To have fun, obviously.

Just how is having someone else do all the other stuff for you 'fun'?

Frankly, I dont understand people who download such saves myself. I thought that you were asking what is the point of doing all the "side stuff" before the storyline.

On the separate note, I found a glitch related to the master saves in VC. If I remmember correctly, on the table in your Ocean View Hotel is supposed to be a broken hidden package, after you have found all of them. Well, I collected all 100 one of the first things in game, but now, when I completed the first story mission, its not there. Maybe it did not spawn because I collected them too early... I dont really remember if there was to be any other easter eggs for the side missions in this Hotel or they will show in the Vercetti Estate, but the room in the Hotel is empty.
Anyway, weapon picups for the packages are there, so its no such a problem.

EDIT: broken hidden package on the table in Ocean View Hotel has showed up after completing the Rub Out mission.

YuNg J
  • YuNg J

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

How do i download the file to gta vice city

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (YuNg J @ Jun 14 2008, 08:26)
How do i download the file to gta vice city

Just click the link-- on the page it opens click on the save slot you want to save it to... (all the saves are the same, just the file names are different).

Save it in your save file directory -- should be under my documents/GTA User files/......

(something to that effect) and when promted to replace the existing file, click yes.

Load up the game and load up that save to play it.

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:05 PM Edited by Ceres071706, 30 June 2008 - 12:10 PM.

there was something i noticed about your starter save.. the stat for "PCJ Playground" wasn't right (it shows "0:338").. and the only reason why it wasn't right is because, maybe, you used the GTA VC Admin Console when you did it, and you weren't able to set the time to a more realistic setting..

anyway, your starter save is good overall, and i respect you for doing it to help others who have a hard time completing the "side stuffs".. but if i were to play it, i would be bothered to have a "damaged" stat.. peace out! =)

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

What's GTA VC Admin Console?

Ceres071706
  • Ceres071706

Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

it's a tool developed by Saracoglu.. well, maybe you didn't use it.. hehe..

but dude, your "PCJ Playground" stat really isn't right.. check it..

hmmm.. what do you think could have caused it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users