» «

Windowed mode working!

3 replies to this topic
  • rafcor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:07 PM Edited by rafcor, 25 May 2008 - 12:07 AM.

I wsa searching for a way to play GTAIII in windowed mode, but the 3DAnalyse never worked for me, then I came across a software called dxwnd, very popular for Mapple Story users.

It works like a charm, but I couldn't configure it to work 100% with GTAIII...

The mouse goes over the window, making me clicking at the Windows itself, tried to mess with the configuration but all I could do was inverting the mouse directions ins game (up was left, left was down...)

Does anyone here uses dxwnd and know how to configure it to GTAIII???

by the way I'm using version 1.21a of dxwnd

before anyone asks, most of the games in my PC are only playable in windowed mode, since i got a poor video card (FX5200), i know it takes more resources, but in fullscreen the games start to lose the textures models, until i can barely see the menu to quit the game

on GTAIII, I can play it without problems with dxwnd, well, only while driving, beacuse when i'm walking/shooting the mouse pointer goes out of the game window, as said before

there's a (big) chance that the video card is the problem, but since i'm buying a new PC later this year, don't wanna to buy another one, if anyone can help me, i'll be glad

• rafcor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

OK, I got it working, but not with Dxwnd, but with D3Dwindower, the software is in japanese, but with a little exploring you can get it to work.

I can play GTAIII in windowed mode without thinking about cliking outside the, just perfext program, there are translated versions out there, when I find a link that's still working i'll put here

for now, have fun with this (it's the first link of the website):

the file for those that doesn't have installed the japanese package, the link should be something like this:

if anyone doesn't know how to configure it, please tell me
Use WinRar or any software that can extract .LHZ files

• eXtremeDevil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have D3DWindower but I can't make it to work with gta3 1.1 on Win7 x64, anyone can help me?

• eddshomie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

After finding this post and I figured out how to finally make it work, http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=535943

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users