Quantcast

» «
Photo

ON PS3 and have "connection: issues with MP?

25 replies to this topic
thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:58 AM Edited by thebritishbulldog, 24 May 2008 - 10:19 AM.

Guys you all need to report these problems to R*. I have called them several times and they say they aren't receiving any calls about these issues. Those of you waiting for a fix are going to be waiting a long time because:

THEY AREN'T FIXING ANYTHING AS THEY SAY THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM.

UK Technical Support Tel no. 0870 1242222 / calls charged at UK national rate.
(7 days a week, from 8am to 10 pm (GMT) excluding bank holidays)

For US Support
Phone: 1-866-405-5464
Email: [email protected]

For Canadian Support
Phone: 1-800-269-5721

If you get:

"The connection has been lost to one or more players, returning to single player game" when trying to join an MP game

or

"That game session is no longer valid" when trying to join via an invite from another PS3 user....

....Then please complain to rockstar as they are not going to fix anything if they don't know there is a problem.

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

For US Support
Phone: 1-866-405-5464

For Canadian Support
Phone: 1-800-269-5721

Vincent Shaw
  • Vincent Shaw

I have great hair, you know.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Pin this, Id phone but I live in naziville.

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

yes its true, but what you have to remember is rockstar have nothing to do with this problem, or so they say...... its the RockStarSocialClub that deal with the servers and such, RockStarGames is just the general company.

so phoning rockstar games will get you nowhere as they DONT deal with it!

anyways at the end of the day, doesnt matter what department your talking to, at the end of the day, rockstar have already lied, they told me it was a common fault, and was caused by the dodgy routers BT supply, and that BT would have to solve the issue!

oh and i already asked, RockStarSocialClub has no phone number apparently, just an email!

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

I, and many people with the issue don't have BT Home Hubs or BT Broadband.

I was told by some "expert" at Rockstar helpline to open the ports on my router......... no sh*t? When I informed him that I had already done that and UPnP was enabled and the PS3 was in a DMZ he didn't know what to say!!!

My complaint has now been escalated to "level 2" and I have been assured I will get a call in a few days.

Fundamentally if people who have these problems don't call them, then they aren't going to fix anything.

IT IS THERE PROBLEM AS ITS THEIR GAME.

CALL THEM MORE THAN ONCE IF YOU NEED TO.

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (thebritishbulldog @ May 24 2008, 10:38)
I, and many people with the issue don't have BT Home Hubs or BT Broadband.

like i said, there just filling us full of crap!

Arthur Hucksake
  • Arthur Hucksake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

Well I am getting the trouble on a hard wired setup with a Belkin 7633 router that has been absolutely spot on for months.

Out of curiousity I hooked up the POS BeBox which is a Speedtouch 780 and the problem persisted.

Further more, I even hooked up an old Speedtouch 530 v6 (I think thats it) and again, same problems.

I started to think along the lines of it being my ISP but then why haven't I had these issues with any other game in well over
12 months of console gaming on XB Live and more recently PS3.

Arthur Hucksake
  • Arthur Hucksake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

On the phone to TakeTwo now and all they can really do is send me an email with some more troubleshooting steps. Whoopy doo!

Rediculous.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint to their head office and get intouch with trading standards to try and obtain a refund for the game, seeing as the entire online segment is broken.

Gonna have to get the 360 version but paying out 80 total for one lousy game is a joke.

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Just spoke to my ISP (namesco) they are aware of issues with GTA4, apparently he thinks that a patch is on the way for both versions of the game to sort out connection issues as well as empty lobbies etc.

Arthur Hucksake
  • Arthur Hucksake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (thebritishbulldog @ May 24 2008, 14:20)
Just spoke to my ISP (namesco) they are aware of issues with GTA4, apparently he thinks that a patch is on the way for both versions of the game to sort out connection issues as well as empty lobbies etc.

I hope so, I really do.

This game has stacks of potential online, it really does.

pitslayer
  • pitslayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

ive given up on it.

Euro852
  • Euro852

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

I had that issues as well at times. Only during free roam. But other than currently, no troubles playing the other MP games. I also had to open ports in my router so GTA IV can connect, is working fine for now. I won't be much worry about it, since MP sometimes are a bit boring.

Wide_Gauge
  • Wide_Gauge

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

I get "The connection has been lost to one or more players, returning to single player game" all the time. Also I get kicked from PS network as well. My internet is fine I can play guitar hero 3 mp just fine dont get kick from ps network or lose connection to the game. Today, Sat. may 24, I could log on to ps network but not the game server in gta4 mp. It said game server is down try back later. I cant believe that they dont know about this. It happened to me from day one. GAY. Im callin anyone and everyone! I dont care I just love to play, without getting disconnected.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

I can only play if i host my own games. I have no chance at trying to join a random match. Sometimes i cant even get in the lobby without that message appearing immediately.

wartox
  • wartox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

I sent an e-mail including the problems to the Take 2's support. Waiting for a reply.

jeff_a_cake
  • jeff_a_cake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

EVERYONE, PLEASE E-MAIL [email protected] TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ABYSSAL ONLINE SERVICE US PSN PLAYERS GET FOR GTA IV.

IF MORE PEOPLE E-MAIL THEM, THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING ONLINE TROUBLESHOOTING!

Tonay_Montana
  • Tonay_Montana

I play GTA casually

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

well its sad because this sh*t has drvin me nuts, opening ports on my router obtaining nat 2 type connection, trying to figure out wtf is wrong with my sh*t.....basically I have givin up on mp now....

DanC1989
  • DanC1989

Playing GTA religiously since 2002

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

I'm in if it helps, mine doesn't work either...

Frustratingly, it's the only real bug bear I've had with the game too..I've probably got a quarter of the game that I paid for completely out of my reach (fix it, or refund!). And I'd like to say...I'd be more than overjoyed if it got working again but it shouldn't have happened in the first place should it?

PS - At least GTAV won't be this way..

ZiRoUK
  • ZiRoUK

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (thebritishbulldog @ May 24 2008, 10:38)

IT IS THERE PROBLEM AS ITS THEIR GAME.

Because your game disc is DIFFERENT to everyone elses game disc that have no problems?

COME ON

Really, if you honestly think your game is not working because of what's on the disc, you're an idiot. There are so many other factors that you're ignoring, such as your router/isp/exchange/phone line.

If I took my PS3 to your place, with my copy of the game, hooked up to your network, do you think it would work? Unless it's your PS3 that's screwed, mine won't work either.

And no, it's your problem, they've already got your money. They've supplied you the same game as everyone else - millions of other people are getting along fine with it. Just because you have problems outside of rockstars control does not mean they are liable to fix them.

ZiRoUK
  • ZiRoUK

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

Just remember all the 1s and 0s have to travel through lots of places to get to Rockstars servers.

ronvdb
  • ronvdb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Okay guys and girls,

Don't bother me with questions if, after you have tried this, it still doesn't work.

I have a Thompson Speedtouch 516, 546 and a 780WL. All of those I received from my ISP in Holland. Now my biggest issue was that I lost connection when I joined someone elses room. Same message you guys got.

Opening ports did not solve it, believe me, I opened a lot...
So logically putting my PS3 in DMZ is the solution. Except Thompson does not call it DMZ and it is hard to find. I don't know if the translation to english is alright because my modem/router is in Dutch language.

So this is what you do:
First of all make sure your PS3 does not have a static IP otherwise it does not work!!! If you don't like this buy another router.

1- Access your router, usually 192.168.1.254
2- Go to 'Home Network'
3- Go to 'Devices'
4- Click 'Assign the Public IP address of a connection to a device'
5- Select your PS3 Mac address and apply
6- Job done

If your PS3 Mac address is not there you probably still have a static IP.
Now in some countries, depending on the ISP this also does not work. In that case your better off buying a new modem/router. (but that's my opinion)

What you just did is basically using only the modem functionallity of the Speedtouch 780. Your PS3 has, as you can see in the interfaces list, a totally different IP than the other devices in your network.
I hope this info helps most of you. See ya around!

Ronvdb

FREEBBC
  • FREEBBC

Forum Member

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:48 PM Edited by FREEBBC, 29 May 2008 - 06:51 PM.

That thread should be a sticky

well i also need help with multiplayer

it keeps on turning off to that annoying message

i have a speedtouch wireless box

well i think i need help to add the ports on

if they wont stop sending me that error message in a few weeks i might sue take2 and rockstar games for having poor multiplayer on the ps3 user posted image

ArrowWhy Again
  • ArrowWhy Again

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:11 AM

Myself and buddies getting the same issues: We can host custom matches more reliably than public/lobby sessions or private invites which are often impossible to get into. We've reverted to opening up a game with 2 players only and then inviting in other friends using the in-game phone invite with limited success.

The errors are ALWAYS either:

When trying to join a lobby/public game, or often while IN a joined game: "the connection to one or more players has been lost, returning to single player"

When accepting an invite "this game session no longer exists" (Clearly the session does exist as I'm on the phone to my friend running it with my other mates who also see these EXACT SAME PROBLEMS.

I called UK Technical Support as posted here (Tel no. 0870 1242222 / calls charged at UK national rate.
(7 days a week, from 8am to 10 pm (GMT) excluding bank holidays))
and they were helpful. They set me up as a friend and I invited them into a custom match that worked. Good. THEN, when I tried to accept their invite the error message said it no longer existed. Then THEY had problems connecting although it seems, giving them the benefit of the doubt, this could have been a different issue with their access to the servers.

So; accepting these issues, their rememdy suggestions were:
They said they have problems with BT Home Hubs (chipsets) conflicting with the way the servers are configured at Gamespy, and that I need to update my Home Hub firmware. I have checked this - the Home Hub is set up to automatically update firware and software overnight and is at the latest release.

They also said they have localised problems where connections from the Central belt of Scotlland are more likley to fail. (!!!!)
This is clutching at straws, surely. Especially since 2 friends are in Swindon, last I looked that ain't in Scotland.

Finally, they said that they have had 'some' other people on with this same issue, and the only common factor was BT ADSL lines. I told a fib that some of my friends have the issue connecting via cable (I don't know this for sure) so they 'escalated' it to their level 2 team to look into it further. I have a reference number for my trouble and the knowledge that I'll probably hear nothing back.

Please - call them and complain if you have these issues.

They also explained that the problem is purely PS3 and while there are no charges (revenue) for PSN connection (as opposed to XBox Live) Gamespy are unlikely to do anything about it. (Surely Gamespy are paid to host this from someone!).

Can we confirm:
Are we all PS3 users?
Are we all connecting via BT ADSL?
Are we all using Home Hubs?

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (ArrowWhy Again @ Jun 11 2008, 12:11)

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Yeah, of course we are. The entire population of GTAforums is British.

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (ArrowWhy Again @ Jun 11 2008, 11:11)

Can we confirm:
Are we all PS3 users?
Are we all using Home Hubs?

i am..................

i phoned BT, who put my computer on remote assistance while i had something to eat, i watched some ethnic hack my router, and open the recommended ports, was pritty cool to watch biggrin.gif

this solved 90% of the problems, just opening a few ports whitch iam happy with.

i still get the odd kick here and there with the useuall cant connect to multiply victims message, but considering this is R*'s 1st real online game, and is global, i would expect the odd game to crash, as someone pointed out, those 1's and 0's travel a long way, the the person your trying to connect to on the other side of the world might not have the best connection!

be patient, open ports ! DMZ ya PS3 Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Godlyk
  • Godlyk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:55 AM Edited by Godlyk, 05 September 2008 - 12:09 AM.

hey guys i am having the same problem i am trying to play with my friend online and it will keep giving me " this game session no longer exists. returning to single player mode".

i have tried the theory tha ronvbd has suggested but it isnt working for me.

maybe my brain is dead and im being noobish about it but it worked fine at my previous house.

any suggestions????

not to mention now my ps3 doesnt connect to the internet at all yet everything else in my house does. so now i have a bigger problem on my hand and i will most likely have to reset my ps3 and lose EVERYTHING which in its own way may not solve the problem at all.

HELP!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users