Photo

Cheat Code Creation

285 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by OrionSR, 21 May 2013 - 02:19 AM.

00C9C629 00000040<- What are these values for?

That's an unlock flag for the interior door. As I understand it that line is necessary to make the burglar interior available at all hours. However, I'm not sure, but after the burglary mission the door might get re-locked. It's worth a test. * The first part is the address of the door flags, the 2nd part is the sum of the flags (he's only changing 1 byte of the word value though, so 0x40 instead of 0x4000).

* Actually the door shouldn't get relocked because his unlock flag also clears the burglary flag. So, perhaps check the standard burglary doors to make sure they still work - probably, but it's still part of the testing process. I'll see if I can figure out where the other access points are; I've got a list here someplace. See: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059398329

http://www.gtamoddin...NEX_Connections

Perhaps we should post the undo codes for the burglary interiors along with the redirect codes.

I'll try to find my notes, or make new ones, for the export save to PC part. You might be able to figure it out on your own though. It's a menu option of the AR-Max software. Media Manager? Something like that.

Connecting a hard drive via USB might work as a method to copy saves to the computer instead of using a USB (flash style) memory device. However, I've had poor luck getting anything other than "thumb drive" style devices to be recognized.

A USB keyboard can be plugged directly into the USB port of the PS2 and used to enter codes. It's still not as effective as the codelist file, but beats the controller method by a long shot.

home: x = 1420.852, y = -884.7134, z = 50.77229, name = LAHSB2
home: x = 1044.139, y = -641.4755, z = 120.3554, name = LAHSB2
home: x = 894.3817, y = -791.8521, z = 101.4804, name = LAHSB2
home: x = 835.2852, y = -893.5261, z = 68.76168, name = LAHSB2
home: x = 936.6861, y = -847.2278, z = 93.60822, name = LAHSB2
home: x = 314.408, y = -1138.17, z = 81.58625, name = LAHSB2
home: x = 167.1103, y = -1307.395, z = 70.34406, name = LAHSB2

Crap, the snapmap seems useless for marking in-game coordinates. It's using a completely different grid system. However, the SAM Java map can mark a point for you. http://www.gtasanandreas.net/sam/

The In-Game Coordinates post has been updated with instructions for exporting your saves.

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062530656
  • King Andreas likes this

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 26 May 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Not trying to change the discussion at hand, but do you know of a way to make Grove members invincible?

Skiller lists an infinite health code for peds ( 203E1F00 03E00008 ) and I want to alter it so it'll affect Grove. The problem is, I don't know where to begin.

http://www.codemaste.....ite Codes.htm

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Well... You could post the question in the Mod Requests topic of the Modding forums. They might be able to tell you if this is even possible with an AR-Max code that can't really do much decision making.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 20:07)
Well... You could post the question in the Mod Requests topic of the Modding forums. They might be able to tell you if this is even possible with an AR-Max code that can't really do much decision making.

#1: Mods are for the PC.
#2: I play on the PS2.
#3: AR-Max is a PS2 coding device, not a PC script writer.
#4: This is the "Code Creation" topic; therefore, I thought it was better suited here, seeing as I wanted to edit a code.

Sorry if I offended you. However, I just found a method where I might be able to enable invincible homies without any codes. I'm trying to test but it's a lengthy process.

On another note, how can I make your "never cheated" code permanent?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by OrionSR, 27 May 2013 - 12:01 AM.

The III Era Modding forums are for all III Era mods, not just PC. Cheat device codes are tolerated in the SA forums because it's traditionally viewed as included with Cheats and Tricks, and that's where cheat device users are most likely to look for codes or help. The chances of finding someone in this forum that understands the structures you want to modify are slim to none.

^I was going to say I have no idea where to start, but I do: The Modding Forum.

On another note, how can I make your "never cheated" code permanent?

Add David Cross's tongue to the list of ingredients.

None of the codes can truly be permanent. Many of these codes will persist in the save until changed by another cheat code because nothing in the game will change them. Other modifications will persist until the game engine (using cheats, gang war) or game script (unlocked mission interior, basketball glitch) changes them.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 20:51)
Add David Cross's tongue to the list of ingredients.

Dude, that comment of yours sounds very cannibalistic, don't you think?

The III Era Modding forums are for all III Era mods, not just PC. Cheat device codes are tolerated in the SA forums because it's traditionally viewed as included with Cheats and Tricks, and that's where cheat device users are most likely to look for codes or help. The chances of finding someone in this forum that understands the structures you want to modify are slim to none.

I'm not looking to alter "structures", I'm looking to alter a particular cheat device code, but since you and I don't know how, I'm stopped in my tracks. Sort of like how I altered your pickup codes. Also, the invincible Grove method I mentioned that didn't involve codes failed. Oh well, maybe Skills knows. Then again, I disarmed all rival gangs, so making Grove invincible might not be worth it. I'll just cancel that project unless someone mentions helpful information on it.

When I say "permanent", I mean remains in effect until (if) it's overwritten.

In the Chain Game Lounge, we discussed vending machines in the Big House; you said "they can be added but they won't do anything". Well, would you tell me how to calculate a snack machine inside the kitchen?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Dude, that comment of yours sounds very cannibalistic, don't you think?

The magic potion is not intended for human consumption. I was thinking eye of newt but Arrested Developments as on TV in the background and I still get annoyed when I hear Cross. I heard, "I thought you said you could shoot, Carl." over and over because I couldn't aim that dumb mini-gun turret to save CJ's life. I eventually took to shooting Zero with it out of spite.

The grand wizards of programming, often referred to a exe divers, know how to decode the assembly language of the game engine and determine what all the bytes are doing. I'm limited to familiar structures, which is usually related to stuff that gets saved, and sometimes other structures that are very well documented. Even then it's a tremendous challenge to find the structures in a PS2 memory dump when all the documentation is for PC. A good exe diver can decode the PS2 engine almost as well as for PC. I have no idea how that invincible code works. It may as well be a magic spell.

It might be possible to add a new object to a PS2 save with AR-Max but it would be an ambitious project. That was one of the CG modifications I dodged in those early codes. I'll pass on this one. It's too big of a project to take on right now.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

Embarrassingly, I have to admit I didn't even know who David Cross was, and I had to Google him. Hm, so he is Zeros voice actor. Zero was such an annoying character, but even more annoying was his precious Supply Lines.

Wow, if you deem a task as "too big" it must be complicated, seeing as you're eons ahead of me in the coding world. Well then, what do you think about constructing a code to enable me to land helicopters & airplanes on Pay'n'Spray rooftops triggering a color change?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Changing the roof we can probably do, but it will need to wait for a bit. I'm trying to work out a way to share spreadsheets through google docs that might eventually make it really easy to quickly adapt codes. Changing a roof might be a good test of that system.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I recon you're familiar with the "traffic speed bug" (or whatever you might want to call it), correct? You know, the bug that causes cars to drive faster than the eye can blink, often conjoin with other cars, catch fire and cause the game to lag. Are there any remedies (such as repair codes) for this atrocity?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Not that I know of. If it has any relation to the traffic glitch identified for PC then the only hope would be an editor since thousands of timers need to be changed. I don't think hmvartak's online tool will apply this fix to PS2 files (by design since it's not tested for these versions), and the traffic fix of the recent versions of the savegame editor adjusts global variables so it would be a bad idea to use it on a PS2 save file.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Judging by the conversation you and I had with OG Viking, it's very much alike: http://www.gtaforums...pic=550860&st=0

Your (correct me if I'm wrong) code that resolves the Basketball bug alters the global coordinates and brings forth no negative outcomes, so why would this be any different? Unless you tampered with other data, of course.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

Because the global variables are often different on PC and PS2. PCv1 and PCv2 all use the same global variables, so chances are the programmer didn't consider/account/have a way to test any changes needed for PS2 files. The first quarter or so of the globals are the same for PC and PS2, but then PC added one so the rest of the PS2v1 globals are offset by -1 from the PC standard. When PS2v2 came out they added 4 to the beginning so all of them are different than every other version. When I write or port codes that alter global variables for PS2 I always check the scripts to make sure I'm changing the right variable number. There are some examples listed on the first page under Calculated Addresses. For the last one shown (Current_Month_Day) the Index (global variable number for PS2v1) is 1 less than the PC global number. For this reason it's risky to make some changes to PS2 files with that editor. There's no indication if the check box, fix, or whatever is changing a global or which global is changed.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

Okay, but what hazards are you foreseeing? Surely it can't be more detrimental than a constantly lagging game and Grove members getting killed in traffic fiasco's. I have an idea: implement a remedy and if any hazards arise, implement another remedy for the hazards.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

The new version of the fix in the savegame editor fixes some rare issues that limit CJs ability to eat. If CJ hasn't eaten in a couple of days the these changes aren't needed. Possible options would be to avoid eating for a couple of days before applying the fix with either:

hmvartak's tool if it will work, but last I heard it will reject PS2 saves except for the Madd Dogg glitch fix. Or,
Find an older version of the savegame editor (v3.12 I think). Paul probably has copies somewhere, or I might be able to dig one up.

The thing is though, PS2 players almost never export their saves for editing. It's not worth anyone's trouble to bother with differences in PS2 saves. I could try to look up what gets corrupted using the current fix on PS2 saves but as long as it's all academic it's hardly worth the bother. Paul occasional updates his editor based on the requests of donors. I'm willing to bet that PS2 donations are non-existent.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

So any verdict on the sniper rifle bug? That's assuming you analyzed it, let alone know about it. Basically, the range is distorted; close range is effective whereas long range is not. I can walk into a Pizza Stack, shoot the shopkeeper and it has no effect. However, I can walk up to the red marker, shoot him and he drops like a sack of potatoes.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I figured conjoining a temporary code with a permanent code would make the temporary effects permanent, and it doesn't. Seemingly, even permanent codes aren't exactly "permanent". The code itself gets disabled whereas the effects remain. Still though, what prompts the difference?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

There is no difference between codes that persist and those that don't other than where the data is written. If the code writes to an address of memory that will become part of the save then the changes to data made by the code will persist until changed by the game or other codes. My specialty is in save modifications, so in general my codes tend to be persistent.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 11:41)
So any verdict on the sniper rifle bug? That's assuming you analyzed it, let alone know about it. Basically, the range is distorted; close range is effective whereas long range is not. I can walk into a Pizza Stack, shoot the shopkeeper and it has no effect. However, I can walk up to the red marker, shoot him and he drops like a sack of potatoes.

This is a 'glitch' only on the PS2 game? It doesn't appear on the PC...

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by King Andreas, 2 weeks ago.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:01) There is no difference between codes that persist and those that don't other than where the data is written. If the code writes to an address of memory that will become part of the save then the changes to data made by the code will persist until changed by the game or other codes. My specialty is in save modifications, so in general my codes tend to be persistent.

Makes sense now. Gang weapons change normally (tag spraying) in the game whereas gang cars do not, which explains why weapon alterations are saveable while cars aren't. Then again, hit-man levels are saveable and yet, Skiller's dual wield codes for M4's, Desert Eagles and etc don't remain in effect despite having been saved.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Jun 13 2013, 15:12) This is a 'glitch' only on the PS2 game? It doesn't appear on the PC...

Presumably, being that I cannot verify this for other platforms. After 500 or so hours (assuming it's related), I noticed this bug, and I'm doubting many on here have played for that duration. The question: Is it connected to the save file like the Madd Dogg basketball bug?

Off subject: Care to provide lessons on assigning joker commands?

• skills likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 16 June 2013 - 05:37 AM.

Okay. For this example let's joker the code that re-enables the two-timing date by setting global variable $1236 (v1) equal to 0.
RAW NTSCv1
006B3340 00000000

There are two forms of the joker command. Those that start with D will only execute a single line, but those that start with E can run multiple lines, which includes single lines so I always use the E format.

CODE
16-bit Equal : Multiple Skip
Ennndddd 0aaaaaaa  

Only when the value at the address specified by aaaaaaa is equal to the value specified by dddd will the next nnn lines of code be executed. Otherwise, they will be skipped.
http://www.codemaste....php?content.23

Rough
Ennndddd 0aaaaaaa
006B3340 00000000

nnn for number of lines to run, which is only 1 so:

E001dddd 0aaaaaaa
006B3340 00000000

The Joker Address, a location in memory that tracks button presses, is 0x0700942 for NTSCv1.

E001dddd 00700942
006B3340 00000000

The dddd part represents the buttons that are pressed. To figure out what to put here use the site linked below. Check the boxes and recorded the 4 hex digits displayed under Reverse Joker Hex. For example L1+Down would be FBBF. Or Start+Select is FBF6. So:

http://home.comcast....bri/jokers.html

Enable Two-Timing Dates
Joker Start+Select
NTSCv1 RAW
E001FBF6 00700942
006B3340 00000000

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by King Andreas, 16 June 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Splendidly explained and documented, thanks again.

Pardon me for straying off subject, but here are some girlfriend codes I discovered that you (and others) might perceive useful:

Always the driving date
8JKP-4XPM-Y2W6U
12UF-9DF5-0P0RG
7ZPF-J4VG-C20FY
AUN4-Y662-7NFV0
7ZPF-J4VG-C20FY

Always the dancing date
9YZR-17TF-MWZU4
5JC3-M4E8-VQ4CX
6BHH-ZW1G-YH2TU
AUN4-Y662-7NFV0
6BHH-ZW1G-YH2TU

Always the dinner date
HRHT-J8VC-2P05M
5JC3-M4E8-VQ4CX
NG2H-VX0E-Z0G2T
12UF-9DF5-0P0RG
NG2H-VX0E-Z0G2T

Soaring fun meter
HC35-44B7-1B0QY
DVN8-B67P-H075B

Source: http://gamehacking.o...20383&sid=68809

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:30 AM Edited by OrionSR, 16 June 2013 - 06:35 AM.

Interesting. I can't get those codes to convert to RAW properly so I'm not sure what to make of them. Do they work? I know a method to set any of the dates, including gimp suit, she-drives and two-timing dates, but it's an awkward process on PS2. The programmer was using single bits to flag test conditions, but the smallest we can write with AR-Max is 8 bits, so setting the proper flags would overwrite some other flags. We would need to set the flags that all of the keys have been received, or not received, but that shouldn't matter too much. But one bit we'd need to change flags that Katie lets CJ keep his weapons when wasted. I don't think it does anything other than flags that message has been displayed, maybe. We'd have to test if changing the value would make any difference.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by King Andreas, 21 June 2013 - 11:58 PM.

I did not author those codes (even though you can tell) and that's why I didn't provide them in Raw format. As for whether they work, I can't say with certainty. The only codes I tested were the driving & fun meter codes. As we know, dating types are assigned randomly (during normal game-play), so while the driving code was in effect, it could've been coincidence that I received the same anticipated outcome 8 times in a row. The meter code undeniably works, though not how I anticipated. Upon starting a date after enabling the code, I had the driving date, I got out of the car with Denise, stood around while the meter slowly increased. Suddenly, the meter blinked full and stayed until I got into a vehicle; at that time, it vanished and I drove into the red marker. That's not normal, thus indicating that code works. Whether the codes are saveable or not, I don't know. Too scared to test that part yet.

Luckily, I managed to get the soaring fun meter to convert to Raw format: 206BB3DC 42C80000 but not the others.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:11 AM Edited by King Andreas, 22 June 2013 - 08:23 AM.

I beg your pardon for the bump; this topic was getting shoved onto the 2nd page.

The nonexistent effects of the "Do nothing" cheat is very disheartening. My understanding is that it was to be similar to the other ped recruitment cheats, except it was intended to provide AK-47s instead of rocket launchers or 9mms. For some reason, Rockstar nullified this cheat, regardless of what it was intended to do. So I decided to take the code address of the nullified cheat (2064A5BC) and place the code value for Skiller's (not Skills, for those unaware) recruit anyone with AK's (0088D74D) cheat device code together, thus creating this: 2064A5BC 0088D74D. Much to my dismay, it crashed the game. What I'm trying to signify is how am I supposed to (properly) alter button cheats in this manner?

Sources: http://www.codemaste...onCheatMods.htm

http://www.codemaste...iveAlwayson.htm

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I don't think you can combine these cheats. The recruit anyone with AK-47 cheat is simply turning on a flag that changes how the engine reacts to stuff. I'm not exactly sure how the button changing codes work. I'm guessing it's changing the where the programs should jump to when a particular button combination is pressed.

Yeah. "0059EC00 Caddy" is from the button changing page, and 2059ec04 24040### is from the CarDrop page. The 59ec04 part is only 4 bytes later. So perhaps this area of memory is a series of codes that actually carries out the functions of the button cheat. What might be interesting is to insert our own set of codes into the area of memory used by the Do Nothing cheat.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I was too tired to attempt this last night, but here's an attempt at changing the Do Nothing cheat into spawning an NRG-500.

Do Nothing Cheat SQUARE, SQUARE, R2, LEFT, UP, SQUARE, R2, X, X, X
Spawns NRG-500 NTSCv1 (untested)
2059F640 08167920
2059F644 2404020A

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Splendid crafting there, OrionSR.

Here's what I don't understand: Skiller's recruit anyone with AK's code can't be joker-ed. The enable joker doesn't fulfill its role whereas the disable joker activates the code (What the heck) rather than the opposite as it should. My gripe is I don't want to recruit anyone; I only want to recruit Grove members, so I figured I'd joker this as a solution, but to no avail.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by OrionSR, 24 June 2013 - 06:28 AM.

Did the Do Nothing NRG code actually work?

I have a hard time finding specific codes in Skiller's database. It would help if you posted the code in question.

Recruit Anyone AK-47
0088D74D 00000001
http://www.codemaste...iveAlwayson.htm

R3+UP Active
E001FFEB 00700942
0088D74D 00000001

R3+Down Inactive
E001FFFB 00700942
0088D74D 00000000

This can all be one code if you'd rather.

R3+UP Active, R3+Down Inactive
E001FFEB 00700942
0088D74D 00000001
E001FFBB 00700942
0088D74D 00000000

These are basic control flags. 01 is active and 00 is inactive.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by King Andreas, 24 June 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Yeah, it (the Do Nothing NRG-500) worked splendidly. Such a shame the effects weren't saveable.

Just wanted to illustrate my blunders with the recruit anyone with AK's jokering:

Activate - R3 + L3 + Select

E0010007 00700942
0088D74D 00000001
E001DFFF 00700942
0088D74D 00000001

Deactivate - O

It's blatantly apparent to me where I went wrong now. Although not near as bad a blunder as mine, you meant FFBB instead of FFFB.

Surprisingly, Grove eventually ran out of AK-47 rounds; they'd shoot blanks while driving; they'd run up to a rival gang member or cop (on foot), the AK would vanish and they'd start punching, instead. Thanks for the advice, however. Also wanted to apologize for not readily listing anything previously.

Any idea how to change the AK?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users