Photo

Red King Sindrome

7 replies to this topic
Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

Don't think about it... ...it's a zen-headache

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

If I set up my own free mode and am pootling about amusing myself and other people come join my playground and then I quit the game, does my little world cease to exist?

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Not sure actually, I *think* that if the host leaves or is kicked, another is simply appointed automatically.
Anyway, a game has no relation with a particular player as host so probably it'll still be there...

jocool32
  • jocool32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (BlackMilk @ May 21 2008, 19:17)
Not sure actually, I *think* that if the host leaves or is kicked, another is simply appointed automatically.
Anyway, a game has no relation with a particular player as host so probably it'll still be there...

This is true. I usually host private Freeroam games with friends and I've had to leave before but they just kept going with someone else set as the host (although I don't think they ever went back and changed anything... they just kept having a blast in Freeroam Mayhem!).

Tatertotts
  • Tatertotts

This is me using science for good.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

I was just in a freeroam and the only other person who was there left. After that I became moderator, because I suggested a new game, and it took me to the "lobby" screen where I had control of all the settings.

FilthCrow
  • FilthCrow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:40 AM

Red King Syndrome? Only if you are in that really tall dark tower in Algonquin.

Pandemic0rgasm
  • Pandemic0rgasm

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:50 AM

Eventually you can take over.

Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

That's a comfort. I was disproportianatly fond of my sniper's paradise realm; getting a helicopter, setting up on a rooftop and practicing my aim, then flying away from the cops. Eventually decided to go to bed at three in the morning. Then I just lay there wondering about it and if the other people who'd stumbled in appreciated what it was for.
I should probably get more sleep...

Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

Does this mean that there are Freeroam games out there that were started on day one, and are still running? Leapfrogging from one host to the next? Proud little city-states; endlessly enduring successive regime change? For ever...!?

Dear Lord, I need some sleep...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users