Photo

GTA IV has divided GTA fans

31 replies to this topic
Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:59 AM

OK a few people keep saying that alot from SA wouldn't fiot in IV because IV is more serious but tell me how is that? How is working out to make you tougher, upgrading your driving skills and weapon skills, customizing cars, eating and gaining weight and other things so unmature? GTA is a video game 1st and foremost so alot of those things would fit into GTA IV perfectly.

I'm pretty sure US scientist or other nation scientist are working on prototype jet packs or something and it's nothing unreal about you being forced to do something for the government. Not to mention as I said this is a video game so if going into a secret base and stealing a jetpack can happen it can happen in a video game.

So far I've seen threads all across the internet with people disappointed with IV and want alot from SA back as well as the people who think IV is perfect. Well it seems that GTA fans are divided right now and alot of arguments are happening. GTA IV dickriders are calling GTA III style fans unmature and 12 year olds since that's their fave line to use. and III style fans are saying that IV suffers from downgrading a whole lot and would only be better with the features from past GTAs.

Well this whole argument like the big arguments before such as the is this a new universe arguments, the realism vs no realsim threads, and the what console has the best version threads. It seems that R* can't please it's fans for the 1st time ever when it comes to a GTA game.

bassguitar5
  • bassguitar5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:40 AM Edited by bassguitar5, 19 May 2008 - 03:42 AM.

People will always find something to bitch about. This game is fantastic, and worth a lot more than you payed for it. Just play it and be happy.

There are games out on the PS3 that are just awful and deserve this kind of negative attention, but not this one. You guys that are complaining should go play The Orange Box. This game is FULL of exploits, map problems, lag, menu issues, lag, and are getting no support for it. It's a complete joke. It's worth the negativity, so I think all you whiners should go play it, then you will have a real reason to complain about something.

Most of the things I see getting complained about are things I am so glad did not make it to this game.

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 18 2008, 21:59)
GTA IV dickriders are calling GTA III style fans unmature and 12 year olds since that's their fave line to use. and III style fans are saying that IV suffers from downgrading a whole lot and would only be better with the features from past GTAs.

Most biased thing ever

deimos256
  • deimos256

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

Unfortunately this isnt limited to just GTA alot of games fanbases are being divided, Gran turismo 5 Prologue has alot of naysayers on some message boards as well its just a growing trend, and nobody is right or wrong everybody is entitled to their own opinion

pacopinoy
  • pacopinoy

Bad Ass

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:52 AM

All I know is Rockstar worked hard to make this game for us and I am very grateful for that. I acknowledge it's not perfect, but I feel it's still a bad ass game. I'm not gonna complain about anything.
As for the multitude who complain, you guys are just so ungrateful! Sure it's not perfect and they left things out that were in previous GTAs, but look at it this way.. People worked hard to make this game for you! There's no arguing with that! biggrin.gif

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 19 2008, 13:59)
GTA IV dickriders are calling GTA III style fans unmature and 12 year olds since that's their fave line to use.

What a load of sh*t.

I haven't seen any GTA IV fans call the GTA III era fans immature 12 year olds. It's only the SA fans that get painted with that brush.

I do sense a divide, but it's mainly betwen IV, and SA fans. The GTA III, and VC fans seem to be somewhat neutral in the whole debate.

smeagol
  • smeagol

Razmataz

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:29 AM

hey, my brothers 13 and he thinks GTA is the best gta he has played.

twofaced
  • twofaced

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (pacopinoy @ May 19 2008, 04:52)
All I know is Rockstar worked hard to make this game for us and I am very grateful for that. I acknowledge it's not perfect, but I feel it's still a bad ass game. I'm not gonna complain about anything.
As for the multitude who complain, you guys are just so ungrateful! Sure it's not perfect and they left things out that were in previous GTAs, but look at it this way.. People worked hard to make this game for you! There's no arguing with that! biggrin.gif

It's people like you who let R* feel less bad about half assed game after the smoke clears.

Thanks to people like you, bush is still in office.

Rattles
  • Rattles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

ok coming from a VC fan all i miss is the guns and the tank oh and
WE HAVINT HAD ROAD SPIKES SINCE 2002!!!
thats about it, i still think IV is a fantastic game but my fav will still stay with
Vice City

Cronos_Vengence
  • Cronos_Vengence

I get crunk with crank.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Darkgamr @ May 19 2008, 03:43)
GTA IV dickriders are calling GTA III style fans unmature and 12 year olds since that's their fave line to use. and III style fans are saying that IV suffers from downgrading a whole lot and would only be better with the features from past GTAs.

Most biased thing ever

Most agreeable reply ever.

I find the topic post a bit ironic, at least in one aspect.

But in the end, we all learned that his side is righteous...and the other side is just full of dickriders, who needs needs no further point as one is sticking quite blatantly up their ass.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Darkgamr @ May 19 2008, 03:43)

Most biased thing ever

Also it's ironic, he's getting mad because we're calling them "unmature" (HA!)

Also IV is the closest thing to III this series has come to since the new generation. If anything it would be San An fannys vs. GTA IV fannys.

mista morino
  • mista morino

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:01 AM

I think it's understandable to see so many people disapointed with the the "downsizing" from SA to IV. It's the 1st time that this happens in the GTA history. I think the leap from one generation of console to the next is a thing to be taken into account. Who knows , maybe the the next iteration of GTA will include country side, working out and all the little things that made SA stood out. I think all hardcore fans of GTA all found some things that didn't meet their expectation. For some it was the map size, for others it was the number of weapons, or maybe the car customization, or the rpg aspects. Who knows. For myself it would be the lack of noise suppressors, but beside that I still think it's an amazing game. Above everything , I think the sheer amount of details is what will keep this game far from the competition ( but then again I love this game , so I'm far from being objective smile.gif ). Anyway, my point is that I wish everyone who bought this game enjoy it.

werppa
  • werppa

Spawn Of Possession

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:49 AM

R* could've skipped SA and none of these debates would be here.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

IMO the "battles" are between San An fanboys and IV fanboys, III and VC seems to be caught in the middle.

I've never been a fan of San An, it was good but not great. I probably put 2 or even 3 more times effort and hours into 3 and VC than I did San An, prior to IV, VC was the Jewel in the GTA crown IMO, San An never came close. I've done arguing with the lame ass kids with their weak, pro-San An arguments. When you get arguments like "If ur hatn on CJ u teh razist ZOFG, u sux0rz n00b!", then you know you gotta walk away.

Yes in some instances San An did have a shed loads of good additions to it, however sometimes less is better, not more. I'm glad lame ass things like going to the gym, going to the barbers etc were left out, as IV goes back to the roots of GTA:3 and the original top-down GTA games, a back to basics as it were. We don't need a Boyz n tha Hood meets the Sims, we need GTA and IV gives us that.

But I'm not arguing, not gonna battle or whine or moan or anything just my 2 cents worth.

pacopinoy
  • pacopinoy

Bad Ass

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:03 AM Edited by pacopinoy, 19 May 2008 - 08:14 AM.

QUOTE (twofaced @ May 19 2008, 05:39)
QUOTE (pacopinoy @ May 19 2008, 04:52)
As for the multitude who complain, you guys are just so ungrateful! Sure it's not perfect and they left things out that were in previous GTAs, but look at it this way.. People worked hard to make this game for you! There's no arguing with that!  biggrin.gif

It's people like you who let R* feel less bad about half assed game after the smoke clears.

Thanks to people like you, bush is still in office.

LOL hahahah nice
that's so not true, how would you know?
i mean other than that, it's just a game man! wink.gif

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'm confused...are you trying to say that jetpacks and stuff ARE realistic or that they don't have to be? Also things like stamina, the gym, etc aren't unrelistic they're just boring. Plus this is sandbox/action game...not a RPG.

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

Rockstars claim of reducing features to make the game realistic is bullsh*t to cover there laziness if you ask me. NO GTA IS REALISTIC. And it shouldn't be. It's supposed to be FUN, not real life.
If GTAIV is so realistic why do I drink a soda and it magically repairs all my wounds? Why do I walk into fast food restaurant carrying an RPG and no-one notices? Why do I catapault myself through a car windscreen into a wall and get up and dash off as if nothing happened? Why? To make the game FUN. Give me a fun game, not realism!

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:17 AM

I like both games.

If you really don't like either game then don't play them!

chikit134
  • chikit134

What are you? 12?

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 19 2008, 03:59)
OK a few people keep saying that alot from SA wouldn't fiot in IV because IV is more serious but tell me how is that? How is working out to make you tougher, upgrading your driving skills and weapon skills, customizing cars, eating and gaining weight and other things so unmature? GTA is a video game 1st and foremost so alot of those things would fit into GTA IV perfectly.

I'm pretty sure US scientist or other nation scientist are working on prototype jet packs or something and it's nothing unreal about you being forced to do something for the government. Not to mention as I said this is a video game so if going into a secret base and stealing a jetpack can happen it can happen in a video game.

So far I've seen threads all across the internet with people disappointed with IV and want alot from SA back as well as the people who think IV is perfect. Well it seems that GTA fans are divided right now and alot of arguments are happening. GTA IV dickriders are calling GTA III style fans unmature and 12 year olds since that's their fave line to use. and III style fans are saying that IV suffers from downgrading a whole lot and would only be better with the features from past GTAs.

Well this whole argument like the big arguments before such as the is this a new universe arguments, the realism vs no realsim threads, and the what console has the best version threads. It seems that R* can't please it's fans for the 1st time ever when it comes to a GTA game.

yeah i know sometimes games are full of sh*t going for the realism, while gta4 has less and anyway its a videogame and in my opinion the realism stops there but still i love gta 4

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

I wonder if GTA fans argued like this when 3 came out back in '01. PS1/PS2 owners whining that it should stay top-down etc etc. "teh gta shud b 2d not 3d, n00bz!", "2d iz 4 n00bz, sux0rz!!" biggrin.gif

quorn23
  • quorn23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

well i'm in the base of the ppl disapointet.
but hey thats how it works, new gen consoles, so lets rip off most of the feautres, make the graphics nicer and done.
why selling one game when you can make 3 of them everyone with a little more stuff back added into the game.
for myself it sucks because i done the main story and now i think i will barley play the game till the dlc comes out, cause almost everything i used to just have fun with the older gtas is gone sad.gif

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

tom_p1980
LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (quorn23 @ May 19 2008, 09:52)
for myself it sucks because i done the main story and now i think i will barley play the game till the dlc comes out, cause almost everything i used to just have fun with the older gtas is gone sad.gif

I feel the same way about the single player, but I like the multiplayer so after I finish the single player I'll spend a lot of time on that.

Raiden_8
  • Raiden_8

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

i wish the character didnt move like such a slouch

he fights like a nana

i blame the lack of disc space & Rockstars idear of what GTA realisim should be

GTA has never been a realistic game

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (LanceUppercut @ May 19 2008, 10:46)
tom_p1980
LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

Did us Internet geeks even speak like that back in those days? I can't remember? lol

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

Wonder if Pacman fanboys had fights with Ms. Pacman fanboys back in the 80's saying:
"Ms. Pacman iz 4 n00bz, sux0rz!!!" biggrin.gif

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Rattles @ May 19 2008, 05:39)
ok coming from a VC fan all i miss is the guns and the tank oh and
WE HAVINT HAD ROAD SPIKES SINCE 2002!!!
thats about it, i still think IV is a fantastic game but my fav will still stay with
Vice City

nah, we had it in sa.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

It comes down to those with unrealistic expectations accusing Rockstar while others praise them, their efforts are not in vein. Could it be better?? Of course. We knew things were taken out early on, we only recently found a few more odd, lacking features,... I wouldn't imagine a guess those would return under DLC, but that could be facilitated, who knows really.

Rumors are just that. What you find to do in a sandbox game is your choice, but for me, it's much more then the missions alone

Tonay_Montana
  • Tonay_Montana

I play GTA casually

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 19 2008, 02:59)

yeah but it seems the "dickriding" fans of GTA IV are the only ones that come out of this happy.....the whole rest of the people are just ungrateful whiners, who should just shut the f*ck up and stop thinking there is something that entitles them to have a say in what happens in GTA ...

Rockstar made a good game so either enjoy it or go kill yourself.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (LanceUppercut @ May 19 2008, 11:07)
Wonder if Pacman fanboys had fights with Ms. Pacman fanboys back in the 80's saying:
"Ms. Pacman iz 4 n00bz, sux0rz!!!" biggrin.gif

I never heard from any, Pacman was good but Ms. PacMan is so supremely better, it's the best video game of all time, bar none!!! No one of my age can deny that without being laughed out of the room. Donkey Kong ain got NUTHIN on Ms. PAC!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users