• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

10. cant get road head.
9. Not enough clothing.
8. Not enough little jacob missions.
7. Cant smoke with little jacob.
6. Roman always f*cking calling.
5. Scripted chase missions.
4. Cars purposefully turning into you so you crash.
3. Melee fighting being glitchy online.
2. Rolled Over Achievement.
1. Auto Aim.

We all love GTA but what do you hate about it?

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:32 AM

When its dark or shadowed and its diffucult to see where you're going.

blitsbebop
  • blitsbebop

tommy vercetti the italian goodfella

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (NJDrive973 @ May 18 2008, 11:31)
10. cant get road head.
9. Not enough clothing.
8. Not enough little jacob missions.
7. Cant smoke with little jacob.
6. Roman always f*cking calling.
5. Scripted chase missions.
4. Cars purposefully turning into you so you crash.
3. Melee fighting being glitchy online.
2. Rolled Over Achievement.
1. Auto Aim.

Same here bro.

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

Having to shoot 200 pigeons?

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

The scripted chase missions are awesome, I love how they just look so good

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but Roman rarely calls in my game. Infact the main culprit is Brucie.

Sometimes it feels like Roman has fallen off the face of the earth.

kidlitt
  • kidlitt

Resident Welsh Bloke

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

They're not my main concerns with the game... Plus i dont even understand number 10. The cars turning into you is very annoying when you're going at full speed. The scripted chases make it that little bit more intereststing imo. The clothing is a problem yes. But what i miss most of all i think are the assets clubs etc. i enjoyed them from VC. The lack of garage type thing where yuo can buy cars you've exported are also something i miss! I hate aswel that you're not encouraged to use all of the map i dont even know what happiness island is for really and the lower west side of Alderney...

THIRTEEN
  • THIRTEEN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

10. cant get road head. - wah?
9. Not enough clothing. - yea but those clothes you can gt are much better than half the crap in say SA
8. Not enough little jacob missions. - I suppose but you caan do some side missions for him.
7. Cant smoke with little jacob. - Not such a big deal TBH
6. Roman always f*cking calling. - turn you phone on silent mode...this isn't as bad as bloody trun wars in SA!
5. Scripted chase missions. - sh*t I HATE EM! You're right.
4. Cars purposefully turning into you so you crash. - hardly ever seen this
3. Melee fighting being glitchy online. - aint rly tryed it so cannot say but i believe it'll depend on people net connection
2. Rolled Over Achievement. - whats this?
1. Auto Aim. - what so bad about it? it's the best version in gta's so far...:S

NJDrive973
  • NJDrive973

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:45 AM Edited by NJDrive973, 18 May 2008 - 11:52 AM.

Going to explain

10. cant get road head. - pick up a prostitute and get the 50 dollar deal its a bj i try to take off she stops sad.gif
9. Not enough clothing. - seriously
8. Not enough little jacob missions. - hes mah bruddah mon!
7. Cant smoke with little jacob. - seriously saints row had it.
6. Roman always f*cking calling. - SERIOUSLY
5. Scripted chase missions. - not that bad they are nice scenic routes smile.gif
4. Cars purposefully turning into you so you crash. - NOoooo my comet!
3. Melee fighting being glitchy online. - try it for urself if you think its my connection. (fist fighting that is)

2. Rolled Over Achievement. - took me like a million times to get that car to spin 5 times
1. Auto Aim. - it is the best auto aim but there shudnt be auto aim online. So much more satisfying shooting a driver with free aim then wiping out the rest of his friends in the car with the pump action.

I am not hating gta 4 just things i think would have made it alot better happy.gif

marvz
  • marvz

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

after missions i find myself looking for something to do then actualy doing something .... not enough entertainment places to visite..... gets boring after 15 minutes.... seing how ppl think graphics is better then game play, very disapointing. devil.gif icon13.gif

BuldozerX
  • BuldozerX

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

Omg, stupid f*ck... You know its possible to turn the auto aim off?

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

What I hate: The frame rate drops all over the place, if it's raining, and lots of police.

wumingboi
  • wumingboi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

Well face it, the ps3 is being limited by the xbox 360. If R* were to add somemore, then GTA iv would be only for the pc and ps3..

NJDrive973
  • NJDrive973

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:31 PM Edited by NJDrive973, 18 May 2008 - 12:34 PM.

Bulldozerx congratulations i think everyone but you realizes that im talking about how no one should be able to auto aim online u f*cking dick head.

poster above me is trying to turn this into a fanboy war. Hows that gta4 online coming along on the psn?

Sockeh
  • Sockeh

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

One thing i really REALLY hate, and seriously annoys the hell out of me is the fact that when you jump on a kick start motorbike, there's an ignition noise (turning the key) then he kicks starts it. WTF! IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Sockeh
  • Sockeh

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

And also! When you steal a car and he smashes the window in, and then you jump in and shoot and he smashes it AGAIN.

Seriously, things like that piss me off.

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

Wow, people really are annoyed about lots of things. Not long after i got it, i made a list of ten things I love about GTA. I could care less if its not 100% perfect for me.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (NJDrive973 @ May 18 2008, 12:31)

All the impotent bitching about what's wrong with it by people that just don't get it.

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

I could list 10 things. But, they're just so minor that it's pathetic.

1. Not many interiors.
2. Friends get annoying with calls.
3. As said above: You can't see (even with brightness up) in very dark areas. You should have seen my first mission. It was almost pitch black driving to Roman's.

See? I can hardly think of anything...Gimme a second...

4. Usually when I really need a cab, there's someone already in the back. Even when I hold triangle sometimes, Niko will go and steal it.
5. The cover system is annoying. I'll want Niko to take cover behind one side of a crate, say, and he'll take cover on the side open to the enemies. I guess I need practice.
6. I don't think there are enough choices in the game. I'm not very far, but I haven't experienced many.
7. What happened to the use of: stun punches, throwing bricks through windows, disarming your opponent, etc.?
8. Niko sometimes wobbles for 10 seconds straight after hitting a car the wrong way.
9. You can't call numbers you see on the street and get an answer. For example, I've tried calling the number to the Russian Shop, and I just got a busy signal.
10. Peds always drop what they're holding if you don't even touch them. That's not very realistic...It just bothers me how they're set to drop it no matter what.

Those are my ten things. As I said, they're so minor it's pathetic. turn.gif
I love this game. I'm gonna go play it now.

Gueu
  • Gueu

GTA IV LOVER

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (wumingboi @ May 18 2008, 13:29)
Well face it, the ps3 is being limited by the xbox 360. If R* were to add somemore, then GTA iv would be only for the pc and ps3..

Jesus.. Not this sh*t again. Stop being a stupid f*ck fan boy..

kidlitt
  • kidlitt

Resident Welsh Bloke

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

And the things i listed before are things that i miss really rather than things i hate. It's just difficult to get into your mind that its supposed to be more similar to GTA 3 rather than building on from SA and VC.

Its a great game and there arn't really things to let's say hate, but people will miss more. It's plain to see that rockstar have worked hard on the game and implimented many new things. I for one like the autoaim feature but can see the downside online but to be fair for this genre there arn't many better aiming systems you can use. The calling friends does get annoying after a while but i guess it's something to appreciate after you've completed the story but i've never been a big fan of the girlfriends from SA it didn't really appeal to me in a GTA game so i guess thats onne thing i don't like.

NJDrive973
  • NJDrive973

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

I guess i should of rephrased it because this game is THE sh*t. I havent played ne other game since I got it.

but trust me when u try to get the roll over achievement ur gonna be so pissed i swear i rolled 5 times almost every try and then i hit the same ramp and roll like twice and get the achievement.

GTAPS3
  • GTAPS3

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (wumingboi @ May 18 2008, 12:29)

We aren't talking about consoles man. confused.gif

Johnny Burbank
  • Johnny Burbank

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

1. Tapping X to sprint and then phone rings out of nowhere and since X also answers your phone you are forced to answer your phone in the middle of a sprint.

2. It's hard to control nikko in tight places, trying to line him up to climb fire escapes, ladders, etc.

3. Running across the street and WHAM you get hit by a car out of nowhere.

4. Too long of time between setting up at the counter at a fast-food place and getting your food and health back. I don't see why you have to sit there and wait 5 or 10 seconds it seems.

5. Radio stations suck.

spanther22
  • spanther22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

i love this game but the thing i hate most and its been in previous gtas too is if you crash your car or dont have a car and want one - you can walk for miles (in the middle of a freaking city) and theres no f*cking cars! its the middle of the day in a major city and theres no f*cking cars WTF! and eventually one comes along and its always - ALWAYS the biggest peice of sh*t car in the game its NEVER EVER EVER been a top car.

facedesk.gif

OH and i agree with this one too

4. Too long of time between setting up at the counter at a fast-food place and getting your food and health back. I don't see why you have to sit there and wait 5 or 10 seconds it seems.

UndergroundKing
  • UndergroundKing

I run these streets

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Burbank @ May 18 2008, 15:38)
1. Tapping X to sprint and then phone rings out of nowhere and since X also answers your phone you are forced to answer your phone in the middle of a sprint.

2. It's hard to control nikko in tight places, trying to line him up to climb fire escapes, ladders, etc.

3. Running across the street and WHAM you get hit by a car out of nowhere.

5. Radio stations suck.

I dislike everyone of these as well except #3. I always laugh when it happens to me. Look before you cross. lol.gif My dislikes are:

1. You only can hang out with one friend at a time.

2. Some of the places are only open when you go on dates.

3. The cops still know where you are. What I mean is, if I escape down an alley and hide behind a dumpster, the cops that eventually come know exaclty what dumpster I'm hiding behind. They should search and if its dark use flashlights.

4. Theres no grab/throw feature in the fighting system and the blocking sucks.

5. I hate that loading bullsh*t when changing clothes or going into some of the buildings.

6. Free roam mode is a flop. You cant bowl, play darts, get drunk, go to the comedy club, etc. with friends and its basically just another deathmatch.

Other than that the game is awesome! icon14.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Gueu @ May 18 2008, 05:39)

This is in fact true. If all Xboxseses were equipped with an HDD, there wouldn't be such a problem. Thanks to the Arcade, there is. If the next would feature a mandatory install, the Xbox would no longer be holding back GTA. (29 DVD-9 disks and one Blu-ray disk for GTA IV: Vice City)

But, let me remind you that both of these consoles hold back GTA. If the game were a PC exclusive, it could look and play like Crysis.

Gamecocks
  • Gamecocks

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

10. Every time i try to climb a ladder in the water he wont climb it until 60 ys later.
9. I get shot out of my car easier then I get killed not moving on the street.
8. When i jump out of my slightly moving on the ground helicopter he lies on the floor for a good 10 seconds and i get slaughtered.
7. My tires randomly pop for no reason
6. Then the other 3 pop
5. Cars randomly turn even though I am going 150 mph. I thought this was realistic?
4. I could go into more stores in the godfather.
3. I can't wear a seatbelt.
2. I cant shoot a sniper out the side of my heli.
1. When i chop someones helicopter tail off on multiplayer mode and i watch it fall to the ground the look back up and theres a tail on his thing still but i look down and see his broken tail and i get angry. Then i chop a player watch his body fly across the map then watch it warp back like i did'nt hit it.

svenni
  • svenni

Svenni

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (NJDrive973 @ May 18 2008, 11:45)
Going to explain

10. cant get road head. - pick up a prostitute and get the 50 dollar deal its a bj i try to take off she stops sad.gif
9. Not enough clothing. - seriously
8. Not enough little jacob missions. - hes mah bruddah mon!
7. Cant smoke with little jacob. - seriously saints row had it.
6. Roman always f*cking calling. - SERIOUSLY
5. Scripted chase missions. - not that bad they are nice scenic routes smile.gif
4. Cars purposefully turning into you so you crash. - NOoooo my comet!
3. Melee fighting being glitchy online. - try it for urself if you think its my connection. (fist fighting that is)

2. Rolled Over Achievement. - took me like a million times to get that car to spin 5 times
1. Auto Aim. - it is the best auto aim but there shudnt be auto aim online. So much more satisfying shooting a driver with free aim then wiping out the rest of his friends in the car with the pump action.

I am not hating gta 4 just things i think would have made it alot better happy.gif

SERIOUSLY....! HEHE.... tounge.gif

MrT`
  • MrT`

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Gronf @ May 18 2008, 20:03)
QUOTE (Gueu @ May 18 2008, 05:39)

This is in fact true. If all Xboxseses were equipped with an HDD, there wouldn't be such a problem. Thanks to the Arcade, there is. If the next would feature a mandatory install, the Xbox would no longer be holding back GTA. (29 DVD-9 disks and one Blu-ray disk for GTA IV: Vice City)

But, let me remind you that both of these consoles hold back GTA. If the game were a PC exclusive, it could look and play like Crysis.

Not many people have a high spec gaming pc though, mines high spec for now, but I probably wont upgrade again for 3 years, the money is in consoles these days. The top selling UK PC games don't even feature in the top 40 chart, although the other month there were two at 39th and 40th, Football Manager 2008 and the latest The Sims 2 expansion - not exactly small releases, just more people have consoles. Not to mention the BS copyprotection is getting ridiculous these days, look at the problems people who bought the game had with Bioshock (PC). Mass Effect and Spore sound like they're getting some cumbersome protection too, while the pirates just play without the copyprotection and without problems... the piracy being another thing that puts off developers. Far as I know PS3 hasnt been cracked (yet), and not many people copy games for 360 since there's the very potent threat of being banned from Live for all eternity.

Oh, and 29 DVD9 discs or 1 BluRay? where on earth did you pull that figure from? 1 FULL BluRay at 50Gb is just under 6 DVD9 at 8.5Gb (quoted capacities, not actual capacities). GTA IV doesn't even fill a single DVD9, the leaked version was 6.4Gb I believe, so its not like they ran into the limit of the capacity.

However, Microsoft have given the all-clear for developers to require the HDD for the 360, so its down to them now to decide whether to take that option, risking the wrath of the casual players who just have a Core/Arcade machine. Microsoft could do with slashing the price on the 20gb HDD though, to encourage more people to buy it, they must make a fairly tidy profit on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users