49 replies to this topic
manana500
  • manana500

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Hugef1)
How to start a massive slagging match on GTAF.

1. Ask a fairly basic but innocent question about something that has been removed since GTA SA (eg working forklifts).
2. Someone else answers in a mature way (eg, "no you can't").
3. By th third reply, the OP gets called names for asking such a simple question.
4. Someone makes a casual comment about how it's not quite the same without said feature
5. Someone else takes this comment as a personal attack on their beliefs, culture, family and pets.
6. The ensuing argument contains "your mum" insults and references to the sexuality of the game, the feature left out, the OP, God, and the USA. 10% of the topic is people shouting "stop arguing about a dumb feature that was dumb anyway".

And finally, the whole argument is quoted verbatim 30 times whenever someone else has to stick their oar in.

You my friend have practically hit the nail smack bang on the head. cookie.gif So true. And yet it can be so amusing! lol.gif Ironically, my comment will probably only fuel the flame war. moto_whistle.gif Ah well.

rogan2442
  • rogan2442

High Roller

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (grimm78 @ May 18 2008, 17:32)
QUOTE (i-cup @ May 18 2008, 14:12)
QUOTE (i-cup @ May 18 2008, 13:22)
You are a complete and utter moron

Actually, from all the rude comments ive seen you post on this, as a whole rather immature forum, i would have to say you are the complete and utter moron. try being nice once in a while.

haha agreed, this guy doesnt have a nice thing to say ever, look at all his posts.

i personally think they left stuff out like this to add into DLC, and no im not saying that they will add working forklifts and truck 2 trailer attachments specifically just that they left stuff out to add in and see the initial reaction to things before the DLC. Also, remeber that this a PLATFORM to the next GTA, therefore they were probably sacrifising the less important things to see how far they could push this game for the future GTA'S to come.

Son of Vercetti
  • Son of Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (JJCribbins @ May 19 2008, 15:24)
QUOTE (Hugef1)
How to start a massive slagging match on GTAF.

1. Ask a fairly basic but innocent question about something that has been removed since GTA SA (eg working forklifts).
2. Someone else answers in a mature way (eg, "no you can't").
3. By th third reply, the OP gets called names for asking such a simple question.
4. Someone makes a casual comment about how it's not quite the same without said feature
5. Someone else takes this comment as a personal attack on their beliefs, culture, family and pets.
6. The ensuing argument contains "your mum" insults and references to the sexuality of the game, the feature left out, the OP, God, and the USA. 10% of the topic is people shouting "stop arguing about a dumb feature that was dumb anyway".

And finally, the whole argument is quoted verbatim 30 times whenever someone else has to stick their oar in.

You my friend have practically hit the nail smack bang on the head. cookie.gif So true. And yet it can be so amusing! lol.gif Ironically, my comment will probably only fuel the flame war. moto_whistle.gif Ah well.

Never a truer word said. One of the best posts I've read. It really did make me laugh out loud. Nice One

kallaN
  • kallaN

källaN

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

haha tobias nilsson I remember you from the swedish gta-site where you said you had stalk the owner's parents in the supermarket. haha I mean wtf.. notify.gif

KaptainKaos
  • KaptainKaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

These topics are enivitably going to continue but isn't it a little pointless to be so emotionally charged about the topic either way. Yes there are some things that could have been tweaked but no most of the things being mentioned aren't going to give you more than an hour or two at the most of genuine entertainment. On a reality note it is actually a bit more realistic that you can't connect a trailer to a truck because if Liberty City is anything like New York you need a special permit to have a truck longer than 42 feet in the City and I believe you have to be a citizen to obtain one. tounge.gif

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

First they take out fingerless gloves an now this..... *sigh* Whats next? cars?

al0324
  • al0324

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ May 19 2008, 19:29)
First they take out fingerless gloves an now this..... *sigh* Whats next? cars?

yeah they did... they took out the tow truck tounge.gif

It would've been great to have a semi truck hitched and barrel down the alderny freeway to do that one jump. I did it yesturday with a flatbed and it was hysterical!

metalmorgan
  • metalmorgan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (LittleJacobRESPECT @ May 18 2008, 12:55)
you can't. The forks of the forklifts also can't be moved. the game was rushed if you ask me.

I agree. This game was totally rushed because we can no longer pointlessly drive around trucks with trailers or use the forks on a forklift. Because we all know this would add countless hours of gameplay.

"Hey! Hey Ma! Lookie here at these forky thingies. Dey move up and down!"

We all know that playing GTA 4 in general is a pointless waste of time anyways. We could all be doing a million and one things more purposeful than playing a video game.

So the only point to it is to have fun. And if you start removing fun features cos you deem them to be pointless- from a game thats pointless in the first place- then you are giving people absolutey no reason to play the game.

I'm not saying that the game is ruined cos of the lack of these features, but I am saying that if you're gonna do it - then do it right.

I'm also saying that you are a moody cow. When do you get off your period?

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (metalmorgan @ May 20 2008, 09:03)
you can't. The forks of the forklifts also can't be moved. the game was rushed if you ask me.

I agree. This game was totally rushed because we can no longer pointlessly drive around trucks with trailers or use the forks on a forklift. Because we all know this would add countless hours of gameplay.

We all know that playing GTA 4 in general is a pointless waste of time anyways. We could all be doing a million and one things more purposeful than playing a video game.

So the only point to it is to have fun. And if you start removing fun features cos you deem them to be pointless- from a game thats pointless in the first place- then you are giving people absolutey no reason to play the game.

I'm not saying that the game is ruined cos of the lack of these features, but I am saying that if you're gonna do it - then do it right.

I'm also saying that you are a moody cow. When do you get off your period?

I think all the whiney bitches who complain about the gimmicks being taken out need to come off their periods too. Providing they're old enought o have them.

Dojomann
  • Dojomann

The Donkey

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

i dunno i do miss the tow trucks. I liked linking ten of those suckers together and making my own choo choo.

ALL ABOARD!

And wtf, I want to hijack a train... WHY CAN'T I? I want to make it go too fast and de-rail. Awesome.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Dojomann @ May 20 2008, 09:28)
i dunno i do miss the tow trucks. I liked linking ten of those suckers together and making my own choo choo.

ALL ABOARD!

And wtf, I want to hijack a train... WHY CAN'T I? I want to make it go too fast and de-rail. Awesome.

I must admit that the one thing I miss is jackin' the train. But hey I'm over it.

tylenol800
  • tylenol800

CYCO MIKO

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:46 AM Edited by tylenol800, 20 May 2008 - 10:22 AM.

It would have been cool

Undecided
  • Undecided

*twitch* *giggle* *twitch*

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

How the hell did a thread titled "dock a trailer to a truck" get to 3 pages??

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (tylenol800 @ May 20 2008, 09:46)
please guys dont be so quick to talk negative, and people the delay of the game wasnt due to cutting corners or rushing they started making the game exclusively for xbox 360. They got their hands on the 360 first, or developer kits if anyone wants to get technical, and got a headstart on the 360 version. Sony didnt want the game to be exclusively on xbox because first they had contracts with Rstar but not only that if it was exclusively on xbox it would've destroyed the ps3 with sales. I dont know if its true but i think its pretty damn close but why the hell did rockstar release table tennis? because it used the real world physics engine and they were pretty much testing to see if it worked and it did. Don't blame rockstar for cutting corners blame the the sony version. They had to port it to the ps3 witch made the game crash and freeze and they had to start working out the glitches, and since sony didnt want the xbox version that was already done on october 16 to be released first they told rockstar to delay both until they can be released together. search it. oh and all of the real GTA fans should know that Rockstar isnt going to let us down with the DLC it may only add 10 hours of storyline game-play..... but thats only storyline game-play they may add all kinds of sh*t to do unrelated to the story like adding guns and vehicles like the monster truck and all sorts of other stuff....oh and please know that this is the rebirth of GTA on nexgen consoles so they started it kinda like GTA3.....In GTA 3 you werent able to do as much as in SA right? well think that concept but in better graphics and a nexgen console and you have GTAIV! and then think 2 episodic DLC? just like GTA3s "sequels" GTAVC and GTASA i dont know if im on to something but....i think i am. oh and sorry for the errors im just typing my mind.

I must admit I prefer III over San Andreas, for various reasons but mainly it's simplicity. Less sometimes can mean more and III brought more to the table than San Andreas did IMO. As Jack Dee once said for John Smiths "no gimmicks, no jokes and no penguins".

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Undecided @ May 20 2008, 10:11)
How the hell did a thread titled "dock a trailer to a truck" get to 3 pages??

Wait until we get a thread about no Combine Harvesters. biggrin.gif

zandergwapo
  • zandergwapo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

can any body make a trailer truck like san andreas!!!my gane is GTA4 1.0.6.0 smile.gif

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (zandergwapo @ May 11 2010, 10:28)
can any body make a trailer truck like san andreas!!!my gane is GTA4 1.0.6.0 smile.gif

Wow! way to bump a 2 year old topic.

APasz
  • APasz

Engineer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Well GTA 5 is coming out soon and its using the same engine as GTAIV, so I guess we will see these things, (you know like what they did with CODMW2 and CODMW3).
CAN'T WAIT!!! biggrin.gif
And someone got the trailer thing to work but he hasn't released it yet, but here's a youtube link of it: http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

But tell me what other things would you like to see in GTAV?
.AP.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (i-cup @ Sunday, May 18 2008, 13:22)

yeh, rem SA? the forklift mission pinching crates and putting on back of truck whilst troops shot at you, then the missions/money making for nabbing containers with articulated lorries. all good stuff that filled out the game. i played GTASA twice for this reason. once on PS2 and and twice on PC, 2nd time was heavily modded.
i get the feeling GTAIV was rushed but that's the nature of the industry, i guess.

but, on the plus side, we have LatD and BoGT, only drawback is we have to pay for them!!

i still feel GTAIV is great because the chararcter of niko is just about as human as carl johnson and that bond you get with your game avatar is all part of the process of enjoying a sandbox style game. i mean, i can really relate to the main characters from both GTASA and GTAIV from my days in my early 20s as the older brother of 2 and often chasing around liverpool backstreets and alleyways on motorbikes, pillion, or in minis racing thru woodland and failed social projects [ie, massive, empty council estates, groups of abandoned 20 storey towerblocks] at night with cops everywhere, or sneaking into the docks, dodging security, to get up to no good. ahh, the crazy things you do when you're a kid in a world of mass unemployment.
obviously, i'm not talking about me personally. ahem.

but, even tho GTAIV was rushed, it was still a great game.

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

To all the negative nancies in this thread: calm down. when I see you insult people who point out a missed feature you don't use and you flame them, I read it as "STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE" grow up, same goes for everyone else.

Back on Topic, Hooking trailers up to big rigs was entertaining, When I first started playing gta 4, and found a big rig in front of a gas tank trailer, first thing I thought was running it full speed then jackknifing it into heavy traffic, but I couldn't hitch them up.

Later found a forklift, and remembered spending hours tipping vehicles and things over for fun. I was disappointed to find I couldn't raise or lower the forks. (Piercing car doors and windows, anyone? flattening cars with a large industrial/shipping for lift?)

I would also spend hours towing stuff around highways, and towing cars with people in them as they would flip or yell as you dragged them where you wanted.

let them fishtail and fling the trailer/towed car behind me into traffic/pedestrians, would have been great fun with GTA4's physics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users