» «
Photo

dock a trailer to a truck

49 replies to this topic
GTA-3-beta
  • GTA-3-beta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:08 AM Edited by GTA-3-beta, 18 May 2008 - 11:12 AM.

hi
does anyone know how to dock one of the ron-tanker trailers to a truck?

/ tobias nilsson

mrmojo_prime
  • mrmojo_prime

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Doesnt seem possible in GTA IV I Tried and my truck exploded.

LittleJacobRESPECT
  • LittleJacobRESPECT

San Andreas PRO

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:55 PM Edited by LittleJacobRESPECT, 19 May 2008 - 10:16 AM.

you can't. The forks of the forklifts also can't be moved. the game was rushed if you ask me.

-edit-
if you know anything about gta4, you would know that it missed it's release date in october. take two was losing money so gta4 had to be released fast, and that's why i say the game was rushed. People are getting angry becuase i dont like a step backwards. why have a forklift if you can't use it? it's like having guns that don't shoot.
and by the way, i really like GTAIV. it's great.

i-cup
  • i-cup

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (LittleJacobRESPECT @ May 18 2008, 12:55)
you can't. The forks of the forklifts also can't be moved. the game was rushed if you ask me.

I agree. This game was totally rushed because we can no longer pointlessly drive around trucks with trailers or use the forks on a forklift. Because we all know this would add countless hours of gameplay.

"Hey! Hey Ma! Lookie here at these forky thingies. Dey move up and down!"

Wightboy
  • Wightboy

Cooler than the other side of your pillow.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (i-cup @ May 18 2008, 13:22)

I agree. This game was totally rushed because we can no longer pointlessly drive around trucks with trailers or use the forks on a forklift. Because we all know this would add countless hours of gameplay.

all we were saying is the tiny details like this that made SA so finsihed off didnt appear in IV

Now stop being such an asshole

i-cup
  • i-cup

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Wightboy @ May 18 2008, 14:06)

all we were saying is the tiny details like this that made SA so finsihed off didnt appear in IV

You are a complete and utter moron if you got this game, sat down and got disappointed that you couldn't play with the forks on the forklift (which would accomplish nothing anyway, there's nothing to pick up and no reason to pick it up if there was) or attach a trailer to a truck (again, no reason. This is a pointless feature).

But by all means, go and code this into the game for yourself. I'm sure the labour you invest in learning how to, writing, testing and successfully completing the code to make these two minor, insignificant changes will be well worth the reward of driving around Liberty City lowering and raising the forks on your forklift in peak hour traffic.

Crymzen
  • Crymzen

HaloGenecider

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

rushed??RUSHED?? didnt this game take like 3-4 years to make?? thats not rushed

Catalinaslover
  • Catalinaslover

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

You are a complete and utter moron if you got this game, sat down and got disappointed that you couldn't play with the forks on the forklift (which would accomplish nothing anyway, there's nothing to pick up and no reason to pick it up if there was) or attach a trailer to a truck (again, no reason. This is a pointless feature).

playing video games are pointless and have no reasons if ur not, a paid beta tester, a paid beta tester, a paid beta testar, or ur a gamer who want entertainment.

Sa deliverd tons of this stuff... tow trucks-tankers. Ur reasoing is totally pointless and this attitude that less is>more is totally retarded in a sandbox game that want to deliver a realistic touch.

enorox
  • enorox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

Actually, forklifting a car would be pretty cool.....jackknifing a rig into traffic would also be cool and tow trucking random cars and jackknifing them would be the best.

grimm78
  • grimm78

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (i-cup @ May 18 2008, 14:12)
You are a complete and utter moron

Actually, from all the rude comments ive seen you post on this, as a whole rather immature forum, i would have to say you are the complete and utter moron. try being nice once in a while.

AntiPersonnel
  • AntiPersonnel

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

LOL @ rushed

GTAfanatical
  • GTAfanatical

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

i can think of tons of things to use forklifts and trailers for

im getting fed up of people with the same stupid irrelevant arguments

realism- games not realistic even slightly, i can hold several guns spawing them in my hands, i can be healed in hospital in 6 hors from any wounds, i never get stuck in jail etc etc

pointless- yes they are pointless, as is carwashing, qubec, gfs, pool, darts. but people enjoy them and it adds to extra stuff to do

DLC and future games - i didnt buy this to be ripped off thru dlc or to wait 2 more iterations to expand on sa

Kennenlerner
  • Kennenlerner

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

You are the people that find fault in anything.
I didn't even notice you can't attach a trailer to the truck 'cause why the hell would I want to do that? :|
And the forklift thing in SA didn't do anything except lift stupid boxes

Grand Theft Columbo
  • Grand Theft Columbo

Painimus Assimus

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

I must be a moron because jackknifing a truck with a gas tanker on the freeway would be the shiznit!

1shot1kill
  • 1shot1kill

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

Forklifts obviously do not function because with the new controls there are not enough buttons left to do it properly. They could do it half assed and make a mission with them and have 15000 people here complain that the mission is crap because the forklift controls are not working well.

texan1985
  • texan1985

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

correct me if im wrong but isnt there 2 handbrake buttons? A and RB? I know on the trash mission you can use A to open and close the trash compacter.

GTAfanatical
  • GTAfanatical

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

not enough buttons....

thats gotta be the dumbest excuse ive read so far

and no forklifts did alot more than move boxes up and down. use ur imagination on the scenarios. sandbox gameplay forklift trucks = win

sukhov
  • sukhov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

man, either some of you guys don't go on runs to see how much carnage you can rack up, or you have no imagination. the special vehicles in SA added so much to the gameplay. getting 6 stars and running from the cops is fun, but it's even more fun if you do it in a runaway tractor trailer. how about flipping cars with forklifts? or the way that you could hook up people's cars with a tractor or a tow truck and then drive off? I think the best (and most grotesque) might have been the way that the harvester spewed blood and body parts when you ran over a crowd of people.

I really like GTA4. I think it's a lot of fun and a really well made game, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a tiny bit bummed out when i found that I couldn't move the back of the car transport truck or hit pedestrians with wrecking balls.

JJCribbins
  • JJCribbins

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

I agree about the juggernaut part - it is kinda disappointing that trailers can't be hooked up to cabs. Really, just imagine the carnage you could cause! inlove.gif Still, it's a drop in the ocean if you ask me.

ThrillingFungus
  • ThrillingFungus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (i-cup @ May 18 2008, 14:12)
QUOTE (Wightboy @ May 18 2008, 14:06)

But by all means, go and code this into the game for yourself. I'm sure the labour you invest in learning how to, writing, testing and successfully completing the code to make these two minor, insignificant changes will be well worth the reward of driving around Liberty City lowering and raising the forks on your forklift in peak hour traffic.

bullsh*t, i used to have a lot of fun attaching a trailer to a semi, and barreling through the city. im not saying it is a big deal or anything, and i can live w/o it but it was kinda fun

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:57 AM

It maybe a cool little feature but to say the game was rushed just because of these small little details is just plain stupid. You people really don't understand the work needed to create the game you all bitch and moan about. Look at the things the game does have that past games didn't have, we can't have everything we desire!

SilverClint
  • SilverClint

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

Game wasn't rushed, it was just done half-assed.

John Jacques
  • John Jacques

Big Smoke!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Crymzen @ May 18 2008, 14:16)
rushed??RUSHED?? didnt this game take like 3-4 years to make?? thats not rushed

Actually, welcome to next-gen game developing lol...a game of this caliber it's quite possible that it was rushed a little.

That said, I am absolutely fine with the end product I have recieved <3

Vault76 Dweller
  • Vault76 Dweller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (texan1985 @ May 18 2008, 19:47)
correct me if im wrong but isnt there 2 handbrake buttons? A and RB? I know on the trash mission you can use A to open and close the trash compacter.

Trash missions?

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

It was in the last game, now it's not. That' not overlooked, that's purposefully removed.

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

I think the truck/trailer would be good. I actually enjoyed the missions in SA where you had to drive trucks accross the coutnryside at high speeds. They were pretty challenging cos I kept jackknifing the trailers.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

[sarcam]ZOMFG I just realised I can't drive a Street Sweeper like in San Andreas, damn you Rockstar for not including this vital component, U n00bz!!, GTA IV sux0rz!!!. Rushed, RUSHED I SAY!!!

San Andreas pwns all!!! [/sarcasm]

Jeez, it's not in, get over it people. ph34r.gif

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

How to start a massive slagging match on GTAF.

1. Ask a fairly basic but innocent question about something that has been removed since GTA SA (eg working forklifts).
2. Someone else answers in a mature way (eg, "no you can't").
3. By th third reply, the OP gets called names for asking such a simple question.
4. Someone makes a casual comment about how it's not quite the same without said feature
5. Someone else takes this comment as a personal attack on their beliefs, culture, family and pets.
6. The ensuing argument contains "your mum" insults and references to the sexuality of the game, the feature left out, the OP, God, and the USA. 10% of the topic is people shouting "stop arguing about a dumb feature that was dumb anyway".

And finally, the whole argument is quoted verbatim 30 times whenever someone else has to stick their oar in.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Hugef1 @ May 19 2008, 11:33)
6. The ensuing argument contains "your mum" insults and references to the sexuality of the game, the feature left out, the OP, God, and the USA. 10% of the topic is people shouting "stop arguing about a dumb feature that was dumb anyway".

"Your mum" insults can be funny though.

Your mom is so fat when she sits down to play GTA IV the shockwave makes Niko fall over. not funny I know........

texan1985
  • texan1985

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Vault76 Dweller @ May 19 2008, 09:54)
QUOTE (texan1985 @ May 18 2008, 19:47)

Trash missions?

takin in the trash mission or something where you drive the trashmaster and the dudes on back pick up the trash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users