6,327 replies to this topic
Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:01 AM Edited by docrikowski, 01 July 2011 - 01:56 PM.

QUOTE (TASO @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 06:25)
Been drunk again..rampage is not over! suicidal.gif   biggrin.gif

Way to go TAZ, like a real mofo Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif icon14.gif

Yeah, very good full games, no disconnections, no waiting in lobbies (actually we never wait too long when there is people with solid connections imo), some deadly turf warriors and a good bunch of randoms as cannon fodder. rampage_ani.gif

The Rampagers were whoring COD ( dozingoff.gif ) so me, FUGA and CC started to mow down randoms. Then good old REX and aj joined + some notorious turfers. Cube and SCAR joined later on. I had great fun in chat too. icon14.gif

Also very interesting read about what FUGA said about COD... and I quote:"everyone can be good at COD, there's no gap between skills like in GTA" COD is easy! devil.gif GTA is for real mofos cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Anyway aj, about what we were talking, RDR vs GTA, as I said the games are very different from each other. Two different themes. As for shooting/aiming I prefer RDR. Maybe, just like COD, it's a game in which it's easier to shoot for average players like me cause you pretty much just need to aim and shoot with no tapping and sidestepping techniques involved, something that always bothered me in GTA cause in GTA the hit detection seems so random (although REX thinks the opposite, weird).
I also noticed that very good shooters in RDR just need a few practice to become very good shooters in GTA.
On the other hand very good shooters in GTA, not all of them, seem to have more difficulty to adapt to RDR.
That's curious cause I do believe a good GTA shooter should rock in RDR.
As for tactics well, that's a whole different story, especially in TW. rampage_ani.gif

barney1610
  • barney1610

sh*t hapens when you party naked

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 11:01)
I also noticed that very good shooters in RDR just need a few practice to become very good shooters in GTA.
On the other hand very good shooters in GTA, ot all of them, seem to have more difficulty to adapt to RDR.

These lines made me lose where I was reading 3 times!! kept going back up to the other line facedesk.gif

But you watch now as soon as I "quote" it it'll change and nobdy will nkow wtf I'm talking about tounge2.gif

edit--------

I knew it would...............

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

lol barney... did u start the UK rampage already? biggrin.gif

SCAR.
  • SCAR.

Beatha agus Sláinte

• D1RTY12
  • Ireland

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:00 PM Edited by gta lad, 01 July 2011 - 03:03 PM.

On the other hand very good shooters in GTA, not all of them, seem to have more difficulty to adapt to RDR.

Yeah, I was always like this, just could never get used to the weapons in RDR,
One of the reasons I stopped playing it.

I still enjoy the free roam though, but when it comes to competitive play, I find it tough.

Anyway good games last night guys, that Team Mafia Wars was good for a change, really liked it icon14.gif

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

you better say was to easy to gain turfs with no ninjas around haha lol.gif ph34r.gif moto_whistle.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (gta lad @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 15:00)

Yeah, I was always like this, just could never get used to the weapons in RDR,
One of the reasons I stopped playing it.

I still enjoy the free roam though, but when it comes to competitive play, I find it tough.

Anyway good games last night guys, that Team Mafia Wars was good for a change, really liked it icon14.gif

I felt exactly the same SCAR FACE, could never get used to the weapons or aiming system of RDR, i also never got the hang of using dead eye online, plus it always seemed to me that guy that picked the more powerful weapon won the gun fight, I did have some epic kills on it though, remember hearing someone on the mic say "wtf he killed me with a schofield" I have no idea about the strengths of the different weapon! But I guess he was surprised that weapon beat his high power pistol! I'm like REX too, I think the hit detection in RDR isn't quite right, I do like pulling the shotgun out in that game though smile.gif

and Yes team mafiya wars, is a great little mix of racing, shooting and randomness, its my new favourite mode, Cops N Crooks will always be first, but TMW and turf wars come a close second

Last night I wish I had logged in sooner, to play some turf wars, was a lot of fun. I don't know the WST_clan but they seem like pretty cool guys to play against, also was nice to have powerful, never get to use the m4 that much in my usually disallow games smile.gif

The game in Broker, and the middle turf battle was great, remember ice cube and SCAR FACE got it first, and did a great job of keeping it, but then we all piled in, and I think ice cube, killed me in every 1 vs 1 ! Got my revenge in the last game in Alderney though biggrin.gif , playing like a deadly ninja ph34r.gif

Hope to get together with you Doc and the rest of D Wild Bunch in RDR soon, I'll be a noob for sure, but It will be fun for sure.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:48 PM Edited by EL_FUGA, 01 July 2011 - 03:52 PM.

I feel the same about RDR, never got used to it but as SCAR said, it's because we didn't play it enough.

Glad you guys enjoyed yesterday night, icon14.gif I thought it was going to be quiet but we had good games finally. colgate.gif
5 turf wars 20min each one, we played whole LC plus repeated the good old Bohan. Couple of TDM's weak weapons and a TeamMafiaWork which was fun for a change.

Great post Doc, all what you said it's true.
I think RDR is more tactical, GTA shooters are used to play with blips, and on RDR you only show the blip if you run, am I correct? also, the sidestepping technique is useless in RDR, cause it's a lot harder to do headshots and the way the skin moves doesn't help that much. So it might be all about getting used to the game. Both games require their skill, they're just different as you stated above.

I bought RDR the first day that came out, thought I'd definately switch game from GTA... but for some reason it didn't get me hooked. Let me know if there's a spot for a noob anytime, I'd happyly join for a TDM or that Pick the Bag mode. devil.gif

About COD pu.tos ... hmm not going to add too much else about that game. Doc quoted it perfectly. It's Fast Food for gamers, not my kind. tounge2.gif
I respect those who enjoy playing COD though, it's a top sellers game so it must be for a good reason.

@Barney, my man! of course we missed you...... come next time amigo!

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 15:48)
It's Fast Food for gamers....

biggrin.gif so true...its a guilty pleasure

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

I never really had a chance of seeing if I was any good at RDR online or not, because my internet decided to hate that game so I could never connect to anything confused.gif
Turf Wars last night were brilliant, I remember me and Scar holding that 1 turf for like 3-4mins just by shooting everyone who tried to get in, and a lot of people did tounge2.gif
I know one guy from that WST clan, me and him used to play a lot of TDM toegther and he's a real cool guy.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 16:48)
I think RDR is more tactical, GTA shooters are used to play with blips, and on RDR you only show the blip if you run, am I correct? also, the sidestepping technique is useless in RDR, cause it's a lot harder to do headshots and the way the skin moves doesn't help that much. So it might be all about getting used to the game. Both games require their skill, they're just different as you stated above.

I bought RDR the first day that came out, thought I'd definately switch game from GTA... but for some reason it didn't get me hooked. Let me know if there's a spot for a noob anytime, I'd happyly join for a TDM or that Pick the Bag mode. devil.gif

Actually in GTA we play without blips... dontgetit.gif Don't we? tounge2.gif
And in RDR you have blips when you run or shoot. So it's a bit like blips near or blips shooting (Episodes) in GTA.
I would love to have RDR with blips team!

That's what I find it weird. For me shooting and sidestepping in GTA it's the hardest thing ever. And headshots and fire tapping, well, that's still a mystery for me in GTA.
On the other hand in RDR was clear from day one how to get a headshot: shoot one bullet to the head.
And when lag is not involved of course, an headshot in RDR has no mysteries.
On top of that I feel like my character moves around much quicker and "fluider" in RDR than in IV.
And rolling actually serves a purpose in RDR.

Maybe you need to be in some games with the mighty DWB to properly enjoy the game. wink.gif

@ aj: I don't know, weapons in RDR are just like in GTA. I mean, some are more powerful than others just like in GTA. I don't see where's the confusion. And sometimes you can win a duel with a sh*tty weapon against a good one. Especially if you get an headshot. I think that the weapons are way more balanced than in IV.

---

fast food for gamers lol D QUOTE! icon14.gif

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:58 PM Edited by EL_FUGA, 01 July 2011 - 06:01 PM.

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 17:51)

Actually in GTA we play without blips... dontgetit.gif   Don't we? tounge2.gif
We are one of those few that play without blips, Doc! The regular TW players still play auto-aim Blips All since April 2008 confused.gif take a look at the leaderboard and you'll see who they are... quite sad.
And let's not even mention TDM, you'll never ever find a game without blips. If your the host, people tend to leave once they realize the game is not blips all.
And in RDR you have blips when you run or shoot. So it's a bit like blips near or blips shooting (Episodes) in GTA.
I would love to have RDR with blips team!

On the other hand in RDR was clear from day one how to get a headshot: shoot one bullet to the head.
And when lag is not involved of course, an headshot in RDR has no mysteries.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Well, if I'm correct, there aren't automatic weapons in RDR so that might explain it. RDR seems to be less laggy than GTA, which is good, plus You need more than a headshot to kill someone in gta as you all may know.
A headshot (no armor, full health) will result in red flashing health, so to kill someone you need a headshot+another shot in whatever part of the body. 3shots in the feet works aswell lol.
rolling actually serves a purpose in RDR.
So does in GTA! I avoided getting run over millions times because of the rolling ability tounge.gif
Maybe you need to be in some games with the mighty DWB to properly enjoy the game. wink.gif
Siii cool.gif
fast food for gamers lol D QUOTE!  icon14.gif
Haha, will be my Member title for a while lol.

-------

Funny how this turned into a gaming chat lol. L8r

33stradale
  • 33stradale

Lolzeltov!

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

hello.... hows everyone doin this decade? biggrin.gif

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (33stradale @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 09:26)
hello.... hows everyone doin this decade? biggrin.gif

Barbad!!!

Welcome back again!! biggrin.gif

Caluar_
  • Caluar_

Drive Fast, Shoot Straight

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Who do I have to add to get into one of these games??? confused.gif

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Caluar_ @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 17:35)

Add some turf mudafugas and be there on Thursday! icon14.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Caluar_ @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 18:35)

Start by adding me: RikoBegovic

Caluar_
  • Caluar_

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (TASO @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 19:33)
QUOTE (Caluar_ @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 17:35)

Add some turf mudafugas and be there on Thursday! icon14.gif

is "some turf mudafugas" one word or ?? confused.gif

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

oh seems something serious is going on here, will try to jump in next thursday..
where are you exactly Caluar? you should add also me..

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Yeah leroy, f*ck COD, play GTA every thursday colgate.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

@Caluar: It's just TASO's english. tounge2.gif

As I said add me. Once you'll be in the game and in the chat you can add the rest.
We're playing Thursday, 9pm UK time usually. icon14.gif

Caluar_
  • Caluar_

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 20:34)
@Caluar: It's just TASO's english. tounge2.gif

As I said add me. Once you'll be in the game and in the chat you can add the rest.
We're playing Thursday, 9pm UK time usually. icon14.gif

I added you, I'm waiting for a reply confused.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Caluar_ @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 00:24)
QUOTE (docrikowski @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 20:34)
@Caluar: It's just TASO's english.  tounge2.gif

We're playing Thursday, 9pm UK time usually.  icon14.gif

I added you, I'm waiting for a reply confused.gif

I'll probably be online only on Thursday so don't worry, I will accept your friend request. wink.gif

barney1610
  • barney1610

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

TUUUURRRRFFFFFFF WAAAAAAARRRRSSSSSS devil.gif

Hope your all ready to get your asses handed to you by the incredible Barney hahahaha

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

friendly fire maniac cookie.gif moto_whistle.gif

barney1610
  • barney1610

• D1RTY12
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (leroy46 @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 12:00)
friendly fire maniac  cookie.gif   moto_whistle.gif

There are no "friends" in WAR Leroy suicidal.gif of course I mean Turf War devil.gif

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (barney1610 @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 07:00)
TUUUURRRRFFFFFFF WAAAAAAARRRRSSSSSS devil.gif

Hope your all ready to get your asses handed to you by the incredible Barney hahahaha

Haha Barney is gonna go off today tounge.gif

.Joe.
  • .Joe.

YNWA (2002)

• D1RTY12
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

i might play later, might have to host though, only until next week when this new router i got, gets sorted, just aint working well at the minute for me, be on after the g.f has been to see me

SCAR.
  • SCAR.

Beatha agus Sláinte

• D1RTY12
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

I shall be there tonight biggrin.gif

Caluar_
  • Caluar_

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

9:00 (UK) confused.gif

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

Ill be there tonight. Probably after 21h..with BigSajmon on da back!! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users