Photo

BMX

27 replies to this topic
Lotek
  • Lotek

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

Why they didint added BMX into the game? I just found a sick skatepark it would be so fun to blaze around with a bmx there catspider.gif .

doa kappatango
  • doa kappatango

^^^ The Original GTA 4 Leek

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Lotek @ May 14 2008, 09:54)
Why they didint added BMX into the game? I just found a sick skatepark it would be so fun to blaze around with a bmx there  catspider.gif .

Because its GTA, not Tony Hawks / Dave Mirra.

use a Sanchez, they are fun in the Skateparks - if thats your thing....

mupet0000
  • mupet0000

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (doa kappatango @ May 14 2008, 09:56)
Why they didint added BMX into the game? I just found a sick skatepark it would be so fun to blaze around with a bmx there  catspider.gif .

What so san andreas WAS tony hawks?

I find it fun to use bikes in GTA, they should have added them.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

Well a bicycle isn't really the best transport for hooning around a big city like Liberty unless you are one of those couriers, a BMX bike would not be Niko's style either. Still you can't deny that in a multi-player it would be fun somewhat. A motorbike is the best substitute to use on the bike or skatepark.

Dackiiweed
  • Dackiiweed

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Yes but Carl looked f*cking gangsta' on a BMX...
I can't really see Niko looking all like that on a BMX, he'd look a dick.
Besides Niko is a killer, not a tw@ on a BMX...
Not saying that everyone who rides BMX's are tw@'s but you know what i mean!

Wouldn't work..

Basically, its all said in the post above me wink.gif icon14.gif

Lotek
  • Lotek

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Sanchez is pretty good for backflips and 360's. Reminds me the SAMP times.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:17 AM

I always find people who are in the mafia and kill people for a living riding BMX's. They look leet.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (doa kappatango @ May 14 2008, 10:56)

But... oh never mind.

I think it would have been a great addition and it's sorely missed. I think this whole "It's not very Niko" argument is a joke - Driving a stolen cab isn't very Niko, scoring with Hookers isn't very Niko... still present. There are many things in this game that could be seen as "very Niko" or "not very Niko" - it's all subjective, really.

A BMX would have made me the happiest man in the world.

And where the EFF is the driving range I was led to believe was in the game? Sure, Golf isn't "very Niko", but then it's not "very Fuzz" either. Still would have liked to see it there. Just for the option of things to do.

Using a dirt bike in a skatepark isn't "very Niko" either...

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

I know, I feel your pain.

It would've been a cool addition just to mess around with in the game.

doa kappatango
  • doa kappatango

^^^ The Original GTA 4 Leek

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (mupet0000 @ May 14 2008, 10:03)
QUOTE (doa kappatango @ May 14 2008, 09:56)

What so san andreas WAS tony hawks?

I find it fun to use bikes in GTA, they should have added them.

My point is not that BMX's specifically shouldn't be in.

Alot of dissapoinment about this game, for many, is the fact they so much appears to be stripped out. This is making people miss what is there - and remember, this is the first incarnation of this game on this platform. When you buy Forza for example, you don't complain that there are no guns....when you buy Top Spin, you don't complain that you can't score touchdowns.

Sandbox games are fools to themselves by definition. It implies, and was previewed, that EVERYTHING is possible, when actually, that is impossible with current platform limitations. Before you say, but it's only a BMX - how hard would that have been to include?? Thats fine, in isolation, but then what about the hundreds of other threads - planes, gloves, more enterable buildings...the list goes on.

R* had to make decisions on what was and what wasn't possible, in THIS build. If they had released a Jam Packed version, at the cost of performance, there would have been uproar.

GTAIV is a great game, it has suffered at the hands of over-inflated previews and maybe colourful use of language by R*.

See and play GTA IV for what is HAS got, I would suggest to be more critical in the next game if there is not another step up.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

DLC could be possible but we don't know why bikes were left out other then time and too many objects to manage, so each new thing presents something of a challenge... But they must be able to add something as DLC that's planned. I'm very interested to that end.

f1freak
  • f1freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Just curious. Where is the skate park?

wildhalcyon
  • wildhalcyon

Im high on funk

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ May 14 2008, 06:18)
QUOTE (doa kappatango @ May 14 2008, 10:56)

But... oh never mind.

I think it would have been a great addition and it's sorely missed. I think this whole "It's not very Niko" argument is a joke - Driving a stolen cab isn't very Niko, scoring with Hookers isn't very Niko... still present. There are many things in this game that could be seen as "very Niko" or "not very Niko" - it's all subjective, really.

A BMX would have made me the happiest man in the world.

And where the EFF is the driving range I was led to believe was in the game? Sure, Golf isn't "very Niko", but then it's not "very Fuzz" either. Still would have liked to see it there. Just for the option of things to do.

Using a dirt bike in a skatepark isn't "very Niko" either...

I think you're incorrect on this.

For one thing, I don't see any problem with a shooting range or golf. I could picture Niko playing golf, after all, he's trying to get accustomed to the traditions of america.

BMX bikes, on the other hand, are pretty much off-limits to anyone over 25 unless they earn their living off of them. Its a young-man's game, and Niko's not really a young man anymore.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:49 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 14 May 2008 - 10:52 AM.

Jeez another "Why is <insert name here> in GTA: San Andreas but not GTA 4" type-threads. sarcasm.gif

If I want a Bike game I'd get a BMX bike game, if I wanted to skateboard I'd buy a skateboarding game, if I want to play golf I'd get a Tiger Woods game. This is GTA, the clue is in the name, not Boyz N The Hood meets the Sims. tounge2.gif

EpiQ7
  • EpiQ7

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

Cj is real gangsta while niko is gentleman.they have different objectives.Cj is more 2 find who the f*ck kills his family while niko just want money,money,money....and i dont understand why rockstar dont put any bmx in it..sO sad bout' this suicidal.gif suicidal.gif tounge2.gif

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (wildhalcyon @ May 14 2008, 11:49)

I think you're incorrect on this.

For one thing, I don't see any problem with a shooting range or golf. I could picture Niko playing golf, after all, he's trying to get accustomed to the traditions of america.

BMX bikes, on the other hand, are pretty much off-limits to anyone over 25 unless they earn their living off of them. Its a young-man's game, and Niko's not really a young man anymore.

The point I'm trying to make here is that all or none of it can be taken as "fitting" for Niko.

It's all subjective.

I personally have ridden a BMX after my 25th birthday, and make no money from it. It's another mode of transport, like cars, bikes, helicopters... do you see what I mean? If we're being really picky, we could say that the only cars that should be in the games are the fast ones, because they're the ones people have most fun driving, and that "their" Niko, which is different for all of us, shouldn't and wouldn't drive slow ugly cars.

I hope that makes more sense now.

patgrt
  • patgrt

Back from dead

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Over 30 year old Serbian war veteran driving a bicycle.. hmm, yea I really can't picture that in my head.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

I'm 41 with a BMX bike, I built up a few and they were all stolen in short order. I only have two left!! I was never able to afford one as a kid but I have a massive collection of 80s BMX PLUS! magazines that would make your head frickin spin!!!!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (patgrt @ May 14 2008, 12:24)
Over 30 year old Serbian war veteran driving a bicycle.. hmm, yea I really can't picture that in my head.

Yet you can picture him stealing a helicopter, or running down the street with an RPG?

Um. OK.

I couldn't picture CJ learning to fly in under an hour, but I must be some kind of nutjob.

patgrt
  • patgrt

Back from dead

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ May 14 2008, 11:29)

Yet you can picture him stealing a helicopter, or running down the street with an RPG?

Keyword in my post was war veteran. So yes, I can see him doing that kind of stuff.

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:32 AM Edited by thebritishbulldog, 14 May 2008 - 11:35 AM.

Realism is irrelevant if it adds to gameplay. The BMX would be a great addition to the game, even as free roam at least. I mean its not like its a difficult thing to implement with DLC is it?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (patgrt @ May 14 2008, 12:31)

Keyword in my post was war veteran. So yes, I can see him doing that kind of stuff.

Of course, the real key here is "Fictional Character".

wutangblade
  • wutangblade

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

Having the BMX back would be cool, it's just not the same driving around the skate park on a Sanchez sad.gif

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:35 AM Edited by thebritishbulldog, 14 May 2008 - 11:43 AM.

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ May 14 2008, 11:33)
QUOTE (patgrt @ May 14 2008, 12:31)

Of course, the real key here is "Fictional Character".

icon14.gif

I just don't know where all this puritanical attitude from people has come from: what isn't valid for a fictional character in a fantasy game?????

This is a sand-box game: context is irrelevant if the sh*t is fun!

And with DLC it could all be optional.

PurplePerson07
  • PurplePerson07

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:43 AM Edited by PurplePerson07, 14 May 2008 - 11:47 AM.

QUOTE (Dackiiweed @ May 14 2008, 11:11)
Yes but Carl looked f*cking gangsta' on a BMX...
I can't really see Niko looking all like that on a BMX, he'd look a dick.
Besides Niko is a killer, not a tw@ on a BMX...
Not saying that everyone who rides BMX's are tw@'s but you know what i mean!

Wouldn't work..

Basically, its all said in the post above me wink.gif   icon14.gif

Who gives a sh*t if it doesn't suit niko ?, they should of just included them anyway, it's called choice.

Next you will be arguing why it was a good idea for R* to only include 2 melee weapons.

f1freak
  • f1freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (f1freak @ May 14 2008, 10:48)
Just curious. Where is the skate park?

Bump

learn2forget
  • learn2forget

Vaaaan

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (PurplePerson07 @ May 14 2008, 06:43)
Who gives a sh*t if it doesn't suit niko ?, they should of just included them anyway, it's called choice.

I agree. Nobody is saying that Niko would have had to ride a BMX as part of the story line. It would be nice to make a quick getaway from the cops on a bicycle if you can't find a motorcycle and don't want to deal with the size restrictions of a car. Think Die Hard with a Vengeance.. Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson look ridiculous riding bicycles but they steal them and ride them in that movie because they need to get somewhere.

Also, it would only increase the immersion factor because there are definitely bicycles in New York.

e2thejdot
  • e2thejdot

The best there ever was.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (learn2forget @ May 14 2008, 22:09)
QUOTE (PurplePerson07 @ May 14 2008, 06:43)

I agree. Nobody is saying that Niko would have had to ride a BMX as part of the story line. It would be nice to make a quick getaway from the cops on a bicycle if you can't find a motorcycle and don't want to deal with the size restrictions of a car. Think Die Hard with a Vengeance.. Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson look ridiculous riding bicycles but they steal them and ride them in that movie because they need to get somewhere.

Also, it would only increase the immersion factor because there are definitely bicycles in New York.

Agreed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users