Photo

What Happened to Choices

15 replies to this topic
Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

Ok now let's all be honest for a minute. GTA IV is missing alot of things that would have truly seperated it from the pack and yes it's a great game but I honestly think that Scarface, SR and The Godfather added more things to the free roam genre but they just weren't as good as GTA.

Now Obviously the speculation on GTA IV was crazy and I think that of all the people including myself who were upset with IV are only upset because we let our hopes get way too high and that's because we all expected GTA IV to have alot of things from past GTAs as well as new things. Well I think R* will add way more features for the next GTAs and not DLC because as I've said before not everyone will get the DLC so R* don't wanna leave everyone out.

But I could honestly say alot of things I dislike about an otherwise great game and complain about what's not in the game or what should've been in the game but as I've said most of it was just too high hopes but some things were actually mentioned by R*.

Well in my mind R* is becoming a company that says this game or that game will have so much and it ends up not being in the gmae or represented poorly or just a little. Well as I've said I could mentiong possibly hundreds of things but my topic for this thread is the choices.

Well didn't R* say you could kill certain charcters and it would alter the storyline making us beleve that there would be many possible endings than just the 1. Well didn't they say you could choose wether or not you wanted to kill Jacob? Yes they did say that and they also said if you chose him you would have to work with shadier guys and do deals in places like abondend houses or basements. Well that never showed up. Also since I just recently beat the Final Interview mission I also remembeerd when R* said you could chose wether or not to kill Golberg and it would affect the outcome. That also bnever happened. Honestly R* had it in the gasme but as I said earlier it was represented poorly compared to how they said it would be. I mean ok we got 2 seperate endings but they were no where near as dyamic as R* said the game would be also the parts where you could choose to kill or spare a charcter was no where near the way R* said it would be.

Now I think R* left out so much because they were making their 1st true next gen game and I hope they expand on this aspect among many others from past GTAs as well as aspects introduced in this game. And please R* add better new for the next GTA and don't mention things that won't be in the game. I mean damn they did the same with alot of cool sh*t that was in Beta SA but it was cut final game and now they did the same with 4.

I just hope R* doesn't end up like Peter Molyneux who always promisises so much cool sh*t for his games but they're either cut or represnted poorly to how he said it would be.

kr3b
  • kr3b

Numero Uno Goono

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

Take 2 has it's "hands" around R* barely allowing R* to breathe. And if EA buys Take 2 out, then it will be even worse.

jelvus
  • jelvus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

Kinda tired of the same old posts not to mention ones that rival War and Peace.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 14 2008, 01:46)
Ok now let's all be honest for a minute. GTA IV is missing alot of things that would have truly seperated it from the pack and yes it's a great game but I honestly think that Scarface, SR and The Godfather added more things to the free roam genre but they just weren't as good as GTA.

Now Obviously the speculation on GTA IV was crazy and I think that of all the people including myself who were upset with IV are only upset because we let our hopes get way too high and that's because we all expected GTA IV to have alot of things from past GTAs as well as new things. Well I think R* will add way more features for the next GTAs and not DLC because as I've said before not everyone will get the DLC so R* don't wanna leave everyone out.

But I could honestly say alot of things I dislike about an otherwise great game and complain about what's not in the game or what should've been in the game but as I've said most of it was just too high hopes but some things were actually mentioned by R*.

Well in my mind R* is becoming a company that says this game or that game will have so much and it ends up not being in the gmae or represented poorly or just a little. Well as I've said I could mentiong possibly hundreds of things but my topic for this thread is the choices.

Well didn't R* say you could kill certain charcters and it would alter the storyline making us beleve that there would be many possible endings than just the 1. Well didn't they say you could choose wether or not you wanted to kill Jacob? Yes they did say that and they also said if you chose him you would have to work with shadier guys and do deals in places like abondend houses or basements. Well that never showed up. Also since I just recently beat the Final Interview mission I also remembeerd when R* said you could chose wether or not to kill Golberg and it would affect the outcome. That also bnever happened. Honestly R* had it in the gasme but as I said earlier it was represented poorly compared to how they said it would be. I mean ok we got 2 seperate endings but they were no where near as dyamic as R* said the game would be also the parts where you could choose to kill or spare a charcter was no where near the way R* said it would be.

Now I think R* left out so much because they were making their 1st true next gen game and I hope they expand on this aspect among many others from past GTAs as well as aspects introduced in this game. And please R* add better new for the next GTA and don't mention things that won't be in the game. I mean damn they did the same with alot of cool sh*t that was in Beta SA but it was cut final game and now they did the same with 4.

I just hope R* doesn't end up like Peter Molyneux who always promisises so much cool sh*t for his games but they're either cut or represnted poorly to how he said it would be.

Evidence? Links? Articles? Sources? Post please.

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Prickles @ May 14 2008, 01:57)
QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 14 2008, 01:46)

Well didn't R* say you could kill certain charcters and it would alter the storyline making us beleve that there would be many possible endings than just the 1. Well didn't they say you could choose wether or not you wanted to kill Jacob? Yes they did say that and they also said if you chose him you would have to work with shadier guys and do deals in places like abondend houses or basements. Well that never showed up. Also since I just recently beat the Final Interview mission I also remembeerd when R* said you could chose wether or not to kill Golberg and it would affect the outcome. That also bnever happened. Honestly R* had it in the gasme but as I said earlier it was represented poorly compared to how they said it would be. I mean ok we got 2 seperate endings but they  were no where near as dyamic as R* said the game would be also the parts where you could choose to kill or spare a charcter was no where near the way R* said it would be.

Evidence? Links? Articles? Sources? Post please.

I'm not looking it up. You wanna know you look it up. I mean for christ sake we had threads about it on this forum and people will know what I'm talking about.

xenorevlis
  • xenorevlis

Sony FPQA

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

A lot of what you stated was either false or inaccurate. YOU check your sources. There was some stuff cut, but practically everything Rockstar OFFICIALLY mentioned in interviews (not what magazines speculated) made it in.

As for the choices being made, if you don't think they were significant in the game then you obviously weren't involved enough with the storyline to care about your actions.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (xenorevlis @ May 14 2008, 02:09)
A lot of what you stated was either false or inaccurate. YOU check your sources. There was some stuff cut, but practically everything Rockstar OFFICIALLY mentioned in interviews (not what magazines speculated) made it in.

As for the choices being made, if you don't think they were significant in the game then you obviously weren't involved enough with the storyline to care about your actions.

QFE and T

I heard a sh*tload of stuff about IV, none of it directly from Rockstar, and most of what was never confirmed nor said by Rockstar, didn't turn up in the final game.

Don't like being lied to by bad sources? Neither does anyone else.

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (xenorevlis @ May 14 2008, 02:09)

Oh wow choosing wether or not to kill a charcter so they can come back as a random ped is so revolutionary.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

So you're saying that being able to do this is pointless... yet you bitch about it not being as prominent as you feel it should have been?

There's two endings, dickbreath.

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Mr_Prickles @ May 14 2008, 02:18)
So you're saying that being able to do this is pointless... yet you bitch about it not being as prominent as you feel it should have been?

Are you f*cking retarded or blind? Do you not see the part where I say there are 2 seperate endings you dumbass.

Also I said the way they have you choosing is sh*tty compared to the way they said it would be. They made it sound like you could do it with alot of people and major characters when you can only do it with a few people.

Read before you speak dumb ass

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ May 14 2008, 02:21)

Are you f*cking retarded or blind? Do you not see the part where I say there are 2 seperate endings you dumbass.

Also I said the way they have you choosing is sh*tty compared to the way they said it would be. They made it sound like you could do it with alot of people and major characters when you can only do it with a few people.

Oh? Then why did you post this as "Not a GTA 4 hate Thread"?

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ May 14 2008, 02:22)

Oh? Then why did you post this as "Not a GTA 4 hate Thread"?

Because it's not a hate thread. I'm giving constructive criticsim. I'm not saying" GTA IV sucks ass" or anything close to it.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

That would technically be my mistake, however...

...charcters and it would alter the storyline making us beleve that there would be many possible endings than just the 1...

To be honest, I stopped reading after reading that crap about representation, which is about a sentence or two before you correct yourself in saying that there were two endings, rather than what you firstly said, which would be that there was only one ending.

Write it correctly before you tell me to read it correctly, dumbass. confused.gif

j-protege
  • j-protege

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

I, too, would like to see GTA games evolve to the point where you not only decide mission order, and technique, but also are able to make large story driven choices.

While this is a welcome step, with the finale, and the Dwanye/Playboy missions, among others; I would like to see them further this concept.

A dynamic game that changes as you play it would be amazing, allowing every player to not only have a unique play style, but also a unique game world/story that revolves around how they play.

Of course, this may be years off, but one can dream smile.gif

Undecided
  • Undecided

*twitch* *giggle* *twitch*

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (j-protege @ May 14 2008, 10:33)
I, too, would like to see GTA games evolve to the point where you not only decide mission order, and technique, but also are able to make large story driven choices.

I want them to work less on storyline.
GTA is all about screwing around and loving it, they should make that even better and not worry so much about story decisions etc

bopsta
  • bopsta

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

what a load of waffle, get to the point!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users