silent Claude

85 replies to this topic
Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE ((Del) @ Jun 8 2008, 05:20)
QUOTE (Monkeyman3232 @ Jun 7 2008, 20:42)
My opinion is that he is a f*got, how would u really know if was going out with Catalina, he could've been just another thief like her.

And plus who would date a square headed tight-eyed mute.

Catalina often rung CJ up saying she was making love to Claude, though that can never be proved.. We're gonna stick to the facts here.

I hardly think he is a f*ggot.. Just because we don't see his interest in women (other than the occassional prostitute) doesn't mean it doesn't happen..

After the second race, if you win, she also tells CJ that Claude was satisfying her sexually during the race, and that's why they didn't win.

Although that is still just hearsay evidence biggrin.gif

Steve

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:29 AM Edited by Dark_side646, 01 November 2008 - 06:21 PM.

QUOTE (Zom-B @ Jun 7 2008, 22:59)
His "grunts" aren't just exhales, he makes vocal sounds of pain. Sounds made with a voice box. Keyword. Voice.

I don't know why people won't accept it. He can talk. He chooses not to. Immersive player environment.

Excuse me but as far as I've known and heard, there WASN'T any hint of voice in those grunts but thats a debatable point. You might have heard closely sometime to catch a distinguishable voice in them but I'm usually distracted by the annoying background train noise. Like I said, I've tried to hear it closely and I've never heard a sound that a mute wouldn't be able to make too.

And hey, like I said, opinions are opinions. Theres no need for everyone to accept that he can talk just because some of you guys are hard-set on the fact that he can. You like him and think he's too bada** and chooses not to talk, fine. I'd still want a concrete proof that points in this direction and that couldn't be contested. Simple.

If you still wish to give examples of the grunt then I've always thought of another thing. The only word(s) would be either "Ugh.." or "Uh..". Not even a simple and common "ow" or "Ack" or the best thing of all "Ouch". It's not like people are analising him all the time that he has to remain "careful" to not let a word out.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

If we e-mail at R* about this would we recieve good answer?

Monkeyman3232
  • Monkeyman3232

Chimpin Around'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Jun 8 2008, 16:33)
QUOTE ((Del) @ Jun 8 2008, 05:20)
QUOTE (Monkeyman3232 @ Jun 7 2008, 20:42)
My opinion is that he is a f*got, how would u really know if was going out with Catalina, he could've been just another thief like her.

And plus who would date a square headed tight-eyed mute.

Catalina often rung CJ up saying she was making love to Claude, though that can never be proved.. We're gonna stick to the facts here.

I hardly think he is a f*ggot.. Just because we don't see his interest in women (other than the occassional prostitute) doesn't mean it doesn't happen..

After the second race, if you win, she also tells CJ that Claude was satisfying her sexually during the race, and that's why they didn't win.

Although that is still just hearsay evidence biggrin.gif

Steve

or she could make Cj jealous, and maybe Claude is a sh*tty driver

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Monkeyman3232 @ Jun 9 2008, 01:32)
or she could make Cj jealous, and maybe Claude is a sh*tty driver

Well, im pretty sure we know shes 90% bullsh*t.. but we also know she slept with CJ.. Done all kinds of sexual stuff to him (you hear him crying when viewed outside the house).. so who's to say she didn't sleep with Claude? or what not?

Also, Claude is a much better driver then that b*tch CJ.. All CJ does is whine whine whine.. "oh I guess im driving" "oh man do we have to do this mission"

I could go on.. He pissed me off after a while. The pleasure of Claude not speaking, is you feel a lot more in control (which I understand was the idea behind it).. and you don't get pissed off with the constant moaning.

Tommy Vercetti was almost the same, always complaining.. Screaming at Ken/Lance/Paul... Though he did have a more like-able factor, and spoke a bit more common sense..

All in all.. Claude is a much better player.. purely because less is more.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:09 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 01 November 2008 - 06:27 PM.

Excuse me but when exactly did CJ complain about something that nobody else would? You can't exactly expect him to shower the guy that asks him to go steal military stuff with kisses, do you? Besides, IIRC CJ wasn't the one that complained about him doing the driving, Ryder did.

And hey, it's not like Ken, Lance and Paul were the sweetest people in the world. You're annoyed with CJ "whining"; same way Tommy was annoyed with their whining.

No probs if you like Claude which I'm far from. I just don't think that CJ is really THAT bad.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (stef_92)

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Jun 9 2008, 11:09)
Fine (Del), but when exactly did CJ complain about something that nobody else would? You can't exactly expect him to shower the guy that asks him to go steal military stuff with kisses, do you? Besides, IIRC CJ wasn't the one that complained about him doing the driving, Ryder did.

And hey, it's not like Ken, Lance and Paul were the sweetest people in the world. You're annoyed with CJ "whining"; same way Tommy was annoyed with their whining.

No probs if you like Claude which I'm far from. I just don't think that CJ is really THAT bad.

It comes down to opinion.. Perhaps where you come from you're used to people complaining, im not.

Its not the fact CJ complained, its the fact he done it SO much.. almost every mission he would complain.. an im not on about the army/military.. im on about silly jobs like driving.. or checking on someone.. he would constantly bitch.. which by far is fine.. but having too hear it every mission.. it annoyed the crap out of me.

Monkeyman3232
  • Monkeyman3232

Chimpin Around'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

I think they all had good personalities, i just like Cj better coz u can customize him.

I hate Claude becoz he is a square head mute

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Jun 9 2008, 18:45)
QUOTE (stef_92)

I'm trying to get an answer from Rockstar about an easter egg in San Andreas at the moment. Both replies I got avoided and ignored the question.

If they eventually do reply I'll ask them about Claude being mute too.

Monkeyman3232
  • Monkeyman3232

Chimpin Around'

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (nickstemoeilijk @ Jun 10 2008, 14:00)
QUOTE (stef_92 @ Jun 9 2008, 18:45)
QUOTE (stef_92)

I'm trying to get an answer from Rockstar about an easter egg in San Andreas at the moment. Both replies I got avoided and ignored the question.

If they eventually do reply I'll ask them about Claude being mute too.

i wouldnt bother yawn.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:34 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 01 November 2008 - 06:29 PM.

QUOTE ((Del) @ Jun 10 2008, 00:03)
It comes down to opinion.. Perhaps where you come from you're used to people complaining, im not.

Its not the fact CJ complained, its the fact he done it SO much.. almost every mission he would complain.. an im not on about the army/military.. im on about silly jobs like driving.. or checking on someone.. he would constantly bitch.. which by far is fine.. but having too hear it every mission.. it annoyed the crap out of me.

I seriously didn't catch the "constantly ***** when checking on someone" part. And definitely nothing about the "every mission" part.
Care to elaborate? Or do I have a different version of the game? devil.gif devil.gif

PS : Any chance you'll make any more updates on your start file guide?

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Jun 12 2008, 17:34)

If thats how you see it, fine. But I seriously didn't catch the "constantly ***** when checking on someone" part. And definitely nothing about the "every mission" part.
Care to elaborate? Or do I have a different version of the game? devil.gif devil.gif

I'm going to have to go with Del on this one...

CJ complained a lot, but not on every mission though (which is what Del said).

You'd have to agree that CJ is the whiniest of all GTA protagonists.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (nickstemoeilijk @ Jun 12 2008, 18:36)
QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Jun 12 2008, 17:34)

If thats how you see it, fine. But I seriously didn't catch the "constantly ***** when checking on someone" part. And definitely nothing about the "every mission" part.

I'm going to have to go with Del on this one...

CJ complained a lot, but not on every mission though (which is what Del said).

You'd have to agree that CJ is the whiniest of all GTA protagonists.

Vic whines a lot more. Haven't you seen whenever Lance mentions coke... NO NO NO, I'm not interested.

And Vic is still a favorite protagonist of mine.

The only places CJ "whines" or don't show no HAPPY face: Madd Dogg's Rhymes, when he wins the garage and on the cutscenes with Catalina (mainly because that bitch whines a lot more...), when Woozie wants him to swim underwater, and that's the only times I remember him "whining".

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:55 PM Edited by nickstemoeilijk, 12 June 2008 - 10:21 PM.

Oh don't get me started on Vic... I hated that guy, sure he was probably one of the more GTA protagonists of them all, but I love playing as a psycho or someone without a conscience. I'm pretty normal myself and have a good conscience, so why would I want to play a game for it tounge.gif?

I mean how weak is the story when he keeps saying "I don't want anything to do with drugs", but in the end he owns a whole goddamn coke-empire? mercie_blink.gif

And the whole thing with Louise... She's trailer trash from a redneck family, it seems very unlikely that a black man would end up marrying someone like that.

Bdawg12348
  • Bdawg12348

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

he was mute from when he was shot in the begining

Royal Criminal
  • Royal Criminal

Homeboy

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:25 AM Edited by Royal Criminal, 15 December 2011 - 09:23 PM.

Off-topic spam edit removed

speeddemonXXX
  • speeddemonXXX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:12 AM

rockstar wanted you to play the game not the character. if you play the character..you feel his emotions. for example you play the character on gta san andreas. and since you play the character....you hate officer tenpenny for being evil to carl

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Bdawg12348 @ Jul 20 2008, 19:08)

Nah he was a mute before that too, around 10 years back in San Andreas.

I think Rockstar said in an interview they wanted Claude to be the player, not some story character. Hence why originally he doesn't have a name in the game, even though we call him Claude.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Aug 1 2008, 06:42)
QUOTE (Bdawg12348 @ Jul 20 2008, 19:08)

Nah he was a mute before that too, around 10 years back in San Andreas.

I think Rockstar said in an interview they wanted Claude to be the player, not some story character. Hence why originally he doesn't have a name in the game, even though we call him Claude.

Perhaps you are right. R* wanted that you are the main charchter, which is Claude. And how we know his name is Claude? From San Andreas, Catalina calls her new boyfriend as Claude, and the new boyfriend was the "GTA3 guy"

Anish sharma
  • Anish sharma

GTA..FREAK

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ May 16 2008, 07:56)
Ever heard of the saying "Actions speak louder than words"?

That's Claude. smile.gif

Claude is a great character, because he does whatever needs doing. No complaining, no questioning.

Just straight to the point.

sh*t happens!

Wercury
  • Wercury

God bless chainsaws!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

You bumped a 3-years-old topics just to say "sh*t happens".
Nice.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

So what? Yes, Actions speak louder than words!

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ May 18 2011, 14:47)
So what? Yes, Actions speak louder than words!

icon14.gif

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

So why is Claude silent... hmm... maybe because you guys are spamming? I guess he doesn't appreciate it. Shame init. sarcasm.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Drift-Kingz @ May 29 2011, 04:38)
So why is Claude silent... hmm... maybe because you guys are spamming? I guess he doesn't appreciate it. Shame init. sarcasm.gif

Nice, just nice! Maybe he's keeping silent because you won't let him to.

I think that he's silent for another reason - of which we can only be guessing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users