GTA IV's Gangs w/ pictures

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic
skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

I seen some Albanian gangsters in Broker during a vigilante mission.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

I think all of these guys are mafia, as I found them in North Alderney, and they either shot at me, or in a few cases tried to fight/stab me. The last two tried to fight or stab though, whereas the first four all had guns.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, they are mafia.

Do you know if they are still in North Alderney at the end of the game?

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

All the pictures I posted were from after I got 100%, so if they are mafia, then yes.

Uglulyx
  • Uglulyx

Little Jacob's Biggest Fan

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

Not absolutly sure but my little brother said something about a jewish gang.

DA *STREET* KIDD
  • DA *STREET* KIDD

MR.$M0otH

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

i cant wait till this summer so i can get it....hopefully

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

Where are the Albanians in Hove Beach, what do they look like?

Is there a Dominican gang in Northwood or elsewhere? What do they look like?

DemonLama
  • DemonLama

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:59 PM Edited by DemonLama, 28 May 2008 - 06:46 PM.

Great thread!! cookie.gif Keep it coming and finish those last gangs and you get another cookie wink.gif

And about albanians... All that I have heard that some of them wear those biker jackets which you get in one of the missions. Also they hang in 69th dinner in hove beach, gonna check it now

EDIT: I got to the 69th dinner in Hove Beach at 00:00 or something like that and I saw these two guys in table

user posted image

user posted image

I think they are albanians but they didn't carry guns

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

Great work, guys. I've played this game for 60+ hours and didn't realise there were so many gangs. It's more evidence of the depth and subtlety Rockstar have added to the game. I'm gonna go check them out now.

JtotheROC
  • JtotheROC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ May 17 2008, 12:18)
People think sh*t is all fun and games until you almost get caught by the REAL Latin Kings. So take it for a joke, do whatever you want, and believe whatever believe whoever but Im still waiting on another VL to come on here and say I aint real. Im too deep in my lessons and Ill go rounds wit him. What I know you cant find online. So test my knowledge. It just seems like since so many people on gtaforums are so infatuated wit whose this and whose that and keep asking dumb ass questions that I gotta answer. I never spoke at all bout CVL when I first got here but since most of yall are so interested than whatever. If another VL come on this site and read my reply to JROC then hed know actually what I said. Every org out here got a way we speak to other members to throw off outsiders. Its certain sh*t yall not supposed to know in the 1st pace. So for all these people telling ME what I am, I challenge you to break down what I said. And if you can then lah via vava to you but let the circle be closed to the rest. If JtotheRoc wanna take it there he can invite another VL on this site to rotate wit me. But I doubt someone who thinks G Unit is still hot could possibly even know a VL to bring here. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I never claimed to be a gangster or "VL" I merely said e-repping on a GTA site to a bunch of 15 year old white kids doesnt seem very gangster to me. And if you look at my last post, I thought I made it clear that I think G-Unit is lame, thats why I told the e-rep-er's to go there. With the exception of "Warrior", if you've seen "State Your Name" you know what im talking about. So "spit your lit" if you want, but you're coming off as an OG Loc caraciture of a gangster.

On a different note, has anyone seen any gang battles, I saw the skinhead/punk gang beating up two bums fighting together, but thats the closest ive seen in IV. It seems that turf doesnt matter as much as it did in San Andreas, the ballers and grove st.-ers were always doing driveby's and fighting randomly.

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (DemonLama @ May 28 2008, 17:59)
Great thread!!  cookie.gif   Keep it coming and finish those last gangs and you get another cookie  wink.gif

And about albanians... All that I have heard that some of them wear those biker jackets which you get in one of the missions. Also they hang in 69th dinner in hove beach, gonna check it now

EDIT: I got to the 69th dinner in Hove Beach at 00:00 or something like that and I saw these two guys in table

user posted image

user posted image

I think they are albanians but they didn't carry guns

The Albanians are around Little Bay, Bohan, they wear black leather jackets and trackshirts, I just found them not so long ago and they do carry guns.

wayninja
  • wayninja

Do gooder

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

Sorry if this has been answered, but can someone tell me the point of the gangs? Are they just there for flavor?

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (wayninja @ May 28 2008, 19:59)
Sorry if this has been answered, but can someone tell me the point of the gangs? Are they just there for flavor?

They're like spices.

My friend was playing the game around in Bohan and smashed a stolen van into a group of taxis and regular cars outside of the Safehouse there. A fight with a Spanish Lord started and out of nowhere (actually a taxi that was a few cars away) another member of the SLs came at Niko with a knife. They seem to back each other up and fight the cops sometimes. Not consistently though, I had to get the cops aware of me by shooting a flying rat in the middle of the day to get some Russians to take a pump shotgun to a pair of on foot police. Taking care of my 1 star problem. They had shot me up before that though, I had run across the street and hid thinking that would chase me down. But they were just going back to their low key business (sitting on a park bench about 3 feet from each other). I made it a point to take these guys out with the desert eagle.

KidDala
  • KidDala

I Get more ass than a toilet seat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (PHARKIN CHERKOV @ May 13 2008, 11:36)
GTA IV Gang Database

• Liberty City Commission a.k.a. The Five Families (Cosa Nostra)
  • Alderney Mob (Cosa Nostra)
  • Albanian Mob
  • Russian Organized Crime Syndicate
  • Irish Mob
  • Liberty City Triads Organization
  • Spanish Lords
  • Jamacian/West-Indian Criminal Gangs
  • Firefly Projects Gang
  • North Holland Hustlers
  • Angels of Death M.C.
  • The Lost M.C.
  • Korean Mob
  • Skinheads
  • Leftwood Hispanic Street Gang

Liberty City Cosa Nostra
(Messina, Provano, Gambetti, Lupisella and Ancelotti crime families)
Located in Little Italy.
Take a more subtle approach when it comes to their "uniforms". Members are sometimes hard to identify as they look more like normal civilians than gangsters.
  • Alderney Mob
    (Pegorino crime family)
    Headed up by Jimmy Pegorino.
    Notable members: Phil Bell, Ray Boccino.
user posted image
user posted image

Albanian Mob

Quite small-time compared to other mobs around the city. The Albanians have no real pull or power in Liberty City besides a few missions, members are hard to identify and are sometimes confused as Russians.

user posted image

Russian Organized Crime Syndicate

(Faustin and Petrovic crews)
Run Hove Beach.
Much alike the Cosa Nostra in terms of the way they appear to the player.
Kenny Petrovic is hinted at as being the boss of not only Liberty City's Russian crime syndicate but the whole country's.
Notable members: Mikhail Faustin, Dimitri Rascalov, Kenny Petrovic.

user posted image

Irish Mob
(McReary crime family)
Once use to be the biggest crime family in Liberty City, now are on the decline thanks to the mafia and waves of Russian/Eastern-European immigrants. Hang in Steinway.
Notable members: The McReary family.

user posted image

Liberty City Triads Organization

Not much is known about them this time 'round, they hang in Chinatown.

user posted image

Spanish Lords
Based off real street gang, the Latin Kings.
Hang out in South Bohan.
Members can be identified by their black and gold bead necklaces aswell as pre-dominately yellow and black/white clothing.
Former gang of reformed "gangsta", Manny Escuela.

user posted image

Jamacian/West-Indian Criminal Gangs

Warring crews set this gang as a bit more complicated than the others. Their name is never revealed but they could be labelled as "Yardies".
Hang in Beechwood City.
Notable members: Jacob "Little Jacob" Hughes, Real Badman.

user posted image

Firefly Projects Gang
African-American street gang that seem to be based off of the Bloods.
Sport black/white and primarily red.

user posted image

Skinheads
So small they're not even on the map. Came across some who'd look like they'd been on smack. Very aggressive, seem to fester mainly in Algonquin.

user posted image

Leftwood Hispanic Street Gang
Could be the rivals of the Spanish Lords.
Sport purple and black bead necklaces but dress in the same manner as the Spanish Lords.

user posted image

North Holland Hustlers

Unlike the other street gangs in the game, they're usually a bit harder to identify because they don't sport particular colors. They are Dwayne Forge's gang.

user posted image

The Lost Motorcycle Club
Angels of Death Motorcycle Club
Korean Mob

thatz cool....but where did u git tha namez from? like how do you know tha fireflyz or wutevur are'nt modern day ballas? confused.gif

ZaZ9291
  • ZaZ9291

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

I have a question, is Kenny Petrovic only hinted in the game or is he seen because I played online with the one when you do work for himbut that's all I remember him from. Oh and what's the name of the Russian guy who thinks you owe him money but you really don't?

Dem57
  • Dem57

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Isn't their a punk gang aswell that usually hangs with the skinhead gang?

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

Nice but there is more gangs than that.

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:03 AM Edited by skarface1013, 14 June 2008 - 05:06 AM.

Are there any other gangs, other than the ones listed, if so where are they located?

So far I've found:
Russian Mafiya
Irish Mob
Italian Mafia
Korean Mob
Chinese Triads
Albanian Mob
Jamaican Posse
North Holland Hustlers
M.O.B
Spanish Lords
A.O.D. Bikers
Lost Bikers
Punks/Skinheads

Any other gang types, Jews, Dominicans, anything?

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:19 AM Edited by sammyman88, 14 June 2008 - 11:30 AM.

QUOTE (skarface1013 @ Jun 14 2008, 05:03)
Are there any other gangs, other than the ones listed, if so where are they located?

So far I've found:
Russian Mafiya
Irish Mob
Italian Mafia
Korean Mob
Chinese Triads
Albanian Mob
Jamaican Posse
North Holland Hustlers
M.O.B
Spanish Lords
A.O.D. Bikers
Lost Bikers
Punks/Skinheads

Puerto Rican's in Bohan, around your safehouse
Dominicans are in Northwood - Algonquin, some wear hats
Pegorino's family - they are all around Westdyke in Alderney, they are mostly fat and wear silk looking tops and like jogging tops
and other than that list you said there are the five families which are

Pavano Family - Some in Holland and Port Tudors
Messina Family - Mainly Dukes and also near the airport as well
Luispella Family - Bohan - Fortside, all other Boroughs expect Broker also can be found wearing red and blue jogging suits
Ancelotti Family - Mostly found in Algonquin, some can be found in Alderney - Alderney City
Gambetti - From what i know in Algonquin, some can be found near the hospital that you can enter.

So the list so far is

Gangs in GTA IV

Russian Mafia
Irish Mob
Italian Mafia
Korean Mob
Chinese Triads
Albanian Mob
Jamaican Posse
North Holland Hustlers
M.O.B
Spanish Lords
A.O.D. Bikers
Lost Bikers
Punks/Skinheads
Dominicans
Puerto Ricans
Pegorino's Family
The Five Families
Pavano
Luispella
Messina
Ancelotti
Gambetti

skarface1013
  • skarface1013

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:58 PM Edited by skarface1013, 14 June 2008 - 06:01 PM.

QUOTE (sammyman88 @ Jun 14 2008, 11:19)
QUOTE (skarface1013 @ Jun 14 2008, 05:03)

So far I've found:
Russian Mafiya
Irish Mob
Italian Mafia
Korean Mob
Chinese Triads
Albanian Mob
Jamaican Posse
North Holland Hustlers
M.O.B
Spanish Lords
A.O.D. Bikers
Lost Bikers
Punks/Skinheads

Puerto Rican's in Bohan, around your safehouse
Dominicans are in Northwood - Algonquin, some wear hats
Pegorino's family - they are all around Westdyke in Alderney, they are mostly fat and wear silk looking tops and like jogging tops
and other than that list you said there are the five families which are

Pavano Family - Some in Holland and Port Tudors
Messina Family - Mainly Dukes and also near the airport as well
Luispella Family - Bohan - Fortside, all other Boroughs expect Broker also can be found wearing red and blue jogging suits
Ancelotti Family - Mostly found in Algonquin, some can be found in Alderney - Alderney City
Gambetti - From what i know in Algonquin, some can be found near the hospital that you can enter.

So the list so far is

Gangs in GTA IV

Russian Mafia
Irish Mob
Italian Mafia
Korean Mob
Chinese Triads
Albanian Mob
Jamaican Posse
North Holland Hustlers
M.O.B
Spanish Lords
A.O.D. Bikers
Lost Bikers
Punks/Skinheads
Dominicans
Puerto Ricans
Pegorino's Family
The Five Families
Pavano
Luispella
Messina
Ancelotti
Gambetti

Thanks, I classified the Pegorinos and the other 5 families as the Italian Mafia and the Puerto Ricans as the Spanish Lords. Are the Dominicans the hispanic dudes with the black bandanas, or do they look different? Could you post a pic.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

cookie.gif for you. Never really paid attention to the gangs; unless they're attacking me. I'm going to try and provoke a gang war!

toecheese
  • toecheese

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:17 AM

Think this deserves a bump

moap
  • moap

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:36 AM

Is there a gang in Broker? 'Cause people always shoot at me there.

NJDrive973
  • NJDrive973

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:40 AM

Ive been searching for the portugese gang you mentioned skarface in north alderny (all the portugese flags hanging) so far i havent found anyone yet sad.gif

deyessorc
  • deyessorc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (wayninja @ May 28 2008, 19:59)

I don't know ninja either. I was really hoping that the gangs would be more interactive in this game. I really loved the SA mechanic, although I thought that it was too repetitive and needed an 'upgrade'.

Instead of defending territories, you could attack a gang member's 'hideout' with some reward (rare weapon, monetary, etc.). The caveat though is that there is a mini-boss gang leader at the end who has enhanced A.I., weaponry and armor. Something to that effect.

Other gangs could attack your safehouse as well (literally where you save it). I don't know where to go from there, but it has intriguing possibilities perhaps.

I so love the whole gang idea (mobs, gangs, heck any type of 'group') that I try to pick fights all the time with members in IV just for the fun of shot-gunning them due to that it can get challening if there are alot of members around.

Also I wish they could bring back the amount of "hate" a gang has for you like previous ones. Something like that. If they hate you enough, the attack you (or your friends' houses - you help defend them too).

Sorry, a bit inebriated at the moment.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

The gangs are there solely to represent New York's underworld in a more realistic way than previous games, which is why you never see a group of four marching around with guns in hand.

The Spanish Lords - Latin Kings, Puerto Rican street gangs. People and Folk Nations.
M.O.B. and the NHH - New York's Project gangs around Harlem, The Bronx and Brooklyn. Folk and People Nations.
The Five Families of LC - The Five Families of NY
Alderney Mob - The DeCavalcante Family of New Jersey
Angels of Death - Hell's Angels

BoneheadGTA
  • BoneheadGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

They're not Skinheads. That's a punk. Just because someone shaves his head doesn't mean he's a Skin wink.gif .

Nice thread though.

toecheese
  • toecheese

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

I think the next step that should be taken in the game is to reintroduce the GTA2 "respect-o-meter," but on a more realistic scale i.e. if you kill 50 members of Gang A, but then kill 20 members of Gang A's rival, Gang B, Gang A may still not fully respect you because they'll remember your 50 man killing spree. Some sort of "respect" system amongst gangs could be a cool way to open up new missions and storylines.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:53 AM

Like a Vendetta system? An eye for an eye, leg for a leg and all that stuff... It would be cool if the other gangs started randomly fighting, Gang A busting up a party at Gang B's hangout for instance.

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

Wave good-bye to your head wanker!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

Am I the only one who sees guys with spiders on their jackets in North Holland and Varsity Heights?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users