Photo

Climbing telephone poles?

34 replies to this topic
Peter_G
  • Peter_G

Shlong Kong

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ May 11 2008, 04:40)
Being able to climb up a pole would make the game? Why? What would you do up there? Nothing, which is probably why they took it out.

Cell phone radio? I wanted that one myself. But what would I do with it? There's enough noise to be overwhelmed by, which is probably why they took it out.

Gloves? You got to be kidding me.

Car modding? You want to change the color of yo ride? Put some spinners on it? C'mon. Were you pissed that Tupac wasn't featured on the Half-Life soundtrack? That there will probably be no rayguns in LA Noir? Car handling was fine. A vast improvement.

Property? Why? Why do you need to buy twenty safehouses on three islands? For more missions? Fine, complain that the game was too sort. This Sim crap is becoming a gaming cliche and R* jumped ship just in time.

Phone upgrades? Upgrade what? It's the same interface just like in real life. What did you want? A grappling hook attachment?

Face it, GTAIV is growing up. Those of us who were able to legally buy GTAIII don't want any more cartoon ghetto crap. And those fans that do are a minority not worth pandering to.

Yeah your right, GTA is growing up, having fun is too child-like so they take out all the things that keep you occupied so that once you've done the missions there is f*ck all to do.

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

If you people are so happy that telephone poles are out, why are you posting?
Just so you can bash his question? I was disappointed those little features were gone.
Oh no! Quote my post in sarcasm and try to make me feel bad for being excited about something!

Give him a break.

kokot
  • kokot

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

personally I find it hard to climb any buildings anywhere, and then when you do find one, it's hard to step onto the ledge without falling off. Assassins creed style play in GTA would have been sweet.

Cronos_Vengence
  • Cronos_Vengence

I get crunk with crank.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Ok look, everyone is fine to their wants and all that. I don't care.

But I do have a question that desires an answer....

What would you do with a pole climbing feature? What could you do up there to make it needed? I am seriously asking.

TheBlueBridge
  • TheBlueBridge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

The reason poll climbing was put in to the game was for a bird I view of the city, I think was scrapped because it would high enough to see the who borough then the city and you can go to the top of the Rotterdam tower (aka the Empire State Building) and get a birds eye view of the city. If you don't believe me here's a quote from game informer magazine

"I didnít see Niko climb a ladder, per se, but I did see him ascend a telephone pole to get a birdís eye view of Liberty City. He didnít climb up it like a gorilla, however. He simply pulled himself up on the series of rungs on the pole. This feat was actually quite impressive. You could clearly see his weight transfer from side to side as he moved up the pole."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users