» «
Photo

Climbing telephone poles?

34 replies to this topic
zooloo75
  • zooloo75

Xbox 360 FTW!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:22 AM Edited by zooloo75, 11 May 2008 - 02:25 AM.

Well everyone that has been waiting for GTA IV since it was first announced will know about the big hype about climbing telephone poles.
Im doing the Algonquin missions, and im still wondering when or how I will be able to climb the poles?

I hope to god it wasn't just scrapped like the gloves for no reason...

MyDirtySecretary
  • MyDirtySecretary

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

the big hype about climbing telephone poles

dozingoff.gif

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:29 AM

I think it was probably cut, but the poles do have the hand/foot holds but they're too far up to reach. Maybe if you got a Van/Bus/Trashmaster and climbed on top you might be able to climb them but I doubt it.

Gtafan3394life
  • Gtafan3394life

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:29 AM

You can't

You people are hyped up over the dumbest crap.

zooloo75
  • zooloo75

Xbox 360 FTW!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

Damn...Why did they cut out so many features at the last second?
Im not talking about that sims garbage, im talking about, gloves, climbing poles, etc.

spacemonkey7
  • spacemonkey7

epic lulz

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:33 AM

i wouldent say i was "hyped" about the pole thing but i am kinda disapointed about not climbing them. im also disapointed about the cell phone radio being cut, and the trunk thing "AGAIN" oh well... its still pretty fun though.

MobStaL
  • MobStaL

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:34 AM

ah f*ck this im sending my game bak i cant climb poles

Peter_G
  • Peter_G

Shlong Kong

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:35 AM

"Oh no, I can't wear gloves which don't keep my fingers warm, or climb poles to get me to... the top of the pole?"

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Gtafan3394life @ May 11 2008, 02:29)
You can't

It's not just the polls for f*cks sake.

It's about all of the features combining into a rich experience.

Poles, gloves, car modding, properties, more in depth friends system, car handling, mp3 players, phone upgrades, etc, etc.

One small feature isn't worth sh*t. Hundreds of tiny features amount to a lot.

DeadShock
  • DeadShock

"Hold it. Love it. Please it."

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Ramzy @ May 10 2008, 21:37)
You can't

Poles, gloves, car modding, properties, more in depth friends system, car handling, mp3 players, phone upgrades, etc, etc.

f*cking quote of the day. AMEN.

Give him a medal. Seriously people, listen to this guy. I've been trying to say this all day.

zooloo75
  • zooloo75

Xbox 360 FTW!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

Exactly, it's not about having to climb a pole...that would be a dumb game, but it's GTA + Climbing a pole = Rampage from a pole.

You all know what I mean, but some of you have to be an ass.

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:41 AM Edited by sananoutlaw, 11 May 2008 - 03:47 AM.

QUOTE (MyDirtySecretary @ May 11 2008, 02:28)
the big hype about climbing telephone poles

dozingoff.gif

lol, agreed dozingoff.gif

sorry, just found that funny, yeah the big scheme of things eh? kinda like the variety SA had which so many people suddenly bitch about, with the whole IV 'realistic' thing, which is SO much better? IV does need some more fun things in it.

cramx3
  • cramx3

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (zooloo75 @ May 11 2008, 03:38)
it's GTA + Climbing a pole = Rampage from a pole.

haha, ok maybe I do with I could climb poles now

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

Being able to climb up a pole would make the game? Why? What would you do up there? Nothing, which is probably why they took it out.

Cell phone radio? I wanted that one myself. But what would I do with it? There's enough noise to be overwhelmed by, which is probably why they took it out.

Gloves? You got to be kidding me.

Car modding? You want to change the color of yo ride? Put some spinners on it? C'mon. Were you pissed that Tupac wasn't featured on the Half-Life soundtrack? That there will probably be no rayguns in LA Noir? Car handling was fine. A vast improvement.

Property? Why? Why do you need to buy twenty safehouses on three islands? For more missions? Fine, complain that the game was too sort. This Sim crap is becoming a gaming cliche and R* jumped ship just in time.

Phone upgrades? Upgrade what? It's the same interface just like in real life. What did you want? A grappling hook attachment?

Face it, GTAIV is growing up. Those of us who were able to legally buy GTAIII don't want any more cartoon ghetto crap. And those fans that do are a minority not worth pandering to.

JackRipper227
  • JackRipper227

Killing Prostitutes Since 1888

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:43 AM

you can climb poles.

-_-

some are to high to reach

just drive something up to it
press Y (360) Triangle (PS3)

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ May 11 2008, 00:40)
Being able to climb up a pole would make the game? Why? What would you do up there? Nothing, which is probably why they took it out.

Cell phone radio? I wanted that one myself. But what would I do with it? There's enough noise to be overwhelmed by, which is probably why they took it out.

Car modding? You want to change the color of yo ride? Put some spinners on it? C'mon. Were you pissed that Tupac wasn't featured on the Half-Life soundtrack? That there will probably be no rayguns in LA Noir? Car handling was fine. A vast improvement.

Property? Why? Why do you need to buy twenty safehouses on three islands? For more missions? Fine, complain that the game was too sort. This Sim crap is becoming a gaming cliche and R* jumped ship just in time.

Phone upgrades? Upgrade what? It's the same interface just like in real life. What did you want? A grappling hook attachment?

Face it, GTAIV is growing up. Those of us who were able to legally buy GTAIII don't want any more cartoon ghetto crap. And those fans that do are a minority not worth pandering to.

I had to stand up and clap from that sir. Actually being able to legally buy III when it was released, I thought I was the only one here that could lol.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ May 11 2008, 15:40)

Couldn't agree more.

Out of all the things people complain about, I seriously cannot f***ing believe they care about gloves so much.

What is so great about fingerless gloves?

"Oh look he has fingerless gloves WOW!!!! awesome".

sarcasm.gif

It's a good thing GTA IV has given a shift kick to the nuts of the GTA series, and has grown up.

Fanboys=Retards
  • Fanboys=Retards

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:03 AM

Its not possible to climb poles.

But you can smoke one. Use your gloves while you do it.

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (Fanboys=Retards @ May 11 2008, 01:03)

Haha, even in real life what is the point of cutting off the tips of gloves? Especially the little black ones that kids wear, there is not enough material for it to make a difference anyways. And, with his finger tips exposed, he leaves his finger print anyways, just a stupid stupid thing.

Gaurav42
  • Gaurav42

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:21 AM

Maybe you get gloves in DLC, and they help you climb the pole? biggrin.gif

frankie123
  • frankie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:21 AM

its the little things, like taking out the mini gun, i mean cmon, that was the funnest part fo the game.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Fanboys=Retards @ May 11 2008, 16:03)

Hahahha that sums it up pretty well. lol.gif

PolishAssassin03
  • PolishAssassin03

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:07 AM

One group says OHHH MYYYY GAWD they took out this and that then next group comes along and says good it was gay and for little kids anyway GTA is growing up. @ 1st group who cares play they game it is great @ 2nd group I can bet any amount of money next GTA will have emo gloves (fingerless) be able to climb buildings and pole and paramedic missions and whatever else you bitches are complaining about. They're next gen consoles they didn't even know how to use ps3 and if it was exclusive to EITHER console (Don't start any fanboyism) it might have been better because 360 they know what their dealing with and PS3 would take them time to work with all the sub mission and extras. Also PS3 had to keep up with 360 so they couldn't add anything on 360 that they didn't know how to do on ps3.

(BTW I own a PS3)

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (PolishAssassin03 @ May 11 2008, 02:07)
One group says OHHH MYYYY GAWD they took out this and that then next group comes along and says good it was gay and for little kids anyway GTA is growing up. @ 1st group who cares play they game it is great @ 2nd group I can bet any amount of money next GTA will have emo gloves (fingerless) be able to climb buildings and pole and paramedic missions and whatever else you bitches are complaining about. They're next gen consoles they didn't even know how to use ps3 and if it was exclusive to EITHER console (Don't start any fanboyism) it might have been better because 360 they know what their dealing with and PS3 would take them time to work with all the sub mission and extras. Also PS3 had to keep up with 360 so they couldn't add anything on 360 that they didn't know how to do on ps3.

(BTW I own a PS3)

I believe the second group is not complaining about anything from the game, except about those complaining. And if they add all the little things, I'm sure there will still be people complaining about what it doesn't have. Just life, people have the ability to complain so they do, good thing we don't live somewhere where complaints make you disappear.

mixmaster
  • mixmaster

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ May 11 2008, 04:40)

AMEN, Snake .... it's like DAMN people the game just came out we have no idea what content or items may be added later , look at the treand of DLC for games .... some game devs even said yes we will not be hving DLC, example Oblivion for PS3 usuers, yet they made the expansion available, and older games are still ading content for free or for a small price..... it would be nieve to think R* ain't gonna milk that cow till she's dry...we also have to look at the fact they made this game for 2 systems and that has to attribute some too, it's not easy for developers to make identical games covering different hardware ...... but then again they could have and we be hearing all about how the xbox users got left out compared to the PS3 users -not me being a fanboy,R* already acknowledge they had to make the xbox version first because they couldn't convert a PS3 version over without lots of cuts due to its ability to handle more

NeuroticAxeMan
  • NeuroticAxeMan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:05 AM

HAHAH
"The BIG HYPE about climbing telephone poles"

WTF dude?! There was never such hype... and even if it was it surely wasn't big.

I dont know about you man but i dont get too much thrills from climbing a telephone pole. Also WTF would be the point in it?

Brewster-Rooster
  • Brewster-Rooster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:12 AM

the only reason for fingertip gloves is if you want to keep your hands warm, but do fiddly things aswell. Like sailing.

Ekoms
  • Ekoms

LSLK

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (DeadShock @ May 11 2008, 02:39)
QUOTE (Ramzy @ May 10 2008, 21:37)
You can't

f*cking quote of the day. AMEN.

Give him a medal. Seriously people, listen to this guy. I've been trying to say this all day.

Seriously i been trying to say the same sh*t. give him some dick, i mean vag. smile.gif

makiaveli777
  • makiaveli777

Keep ya head up

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Peter_G @ May 11 2008, 02:35)
"Oh no, I can't wear gloves which don't keep my fingers warm, or climb poles to get me to... the top of the pole?"

thats not our point it doesnt really matter, but why did rockstar tell us that those things are in WHY whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kraft7
  • kraft7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:55 AM

Another thing that was shown but left out was the interior for the Grand Easton Terminal (Grand Central Terminal in RL)

I'm sure there's a decent sized list of things we saw that got left out

Just exploring through Liberty City I've found some buildings that have an interior but have no way to get inside them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users