Photo

What mission is the best one?

68 replies to this topic
Lindbergh
  • Lindbergh

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

For me it's Sayanora Salvatore. Sure you can wait across the street for him to come out of the club and snipe him, but that's boring and slow. If you go back behind the club and wait for his guards to come out of the club you can gun them down. If you take them out, Salvatore spawns in front of the club and runs around to the back. If he makes it back into the club, you fail the mission. Took me a few tried to figure out what was going on with that, I just suddenly failed for no reason I could figure out.

Or you can go the other route, try to set a trap for Salvatore on the road between the club and his house and take him out that way. Be careful, if the old man gets out of his ride he's packing heat. An M16 to be exact, and he has killer aim. I really like how many different ways there are to do that mission, and when I speedrun the game it's the first real break I get. There's a good time cushion from when you get the mission to when the action starts, if you drive well.

persic19
  • persic19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Lindbergh @ May 19 2008, 22:07)
For me it's Sayanora Salvatore. Sure you can wait across the street for him to come out of the club and snipe him, but that's boring and slow. If you go back behind the club and wait for his guards to come out of the club you can gun them down. If you take them out, Salvatore spawns in front of the club and runs around to the back. If he makes it back into the club, you fail the mission. Took me a few tried to figure out what was going on with that, I just suddenly failed for no reason I could figure out.

Or you can go the other route, try to set a trap for Salvatore on the road between the club and his house and take him out that way. Be careful, if the old man gets out of his ride he's packing heat. An M16 to be exact, and he has killer aim. I really like how many different ways there are to do that mission, and when I speedrun the game it's the first real break I get. There's a good time cushion from when you get the mission to when the action starts, if you drive well.

Thats a great mission too. Many of the missions in GTA III bring me a lot of emotions. ohhh, what I like this game biggrin.gif

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

Defending the army base with Phil the one armed bandit is class, good shoot out. icon14.gif

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

I liked the "Decoy" mission, was another one of my favorites.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

For some reason mine is "Grand Theft Aero." It's just fun to kill the Cartel and make your way through the site. Sure, that's pretty much the way Exchange is, but I like GTA better.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

My favorite would be also "Mike lips last lunch".

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (persic19 @ May 20 2008, 17:15)
QUOTE (Lindbergh @ May 19 2008, 22:07)

Thats a great mission too. Many of the missions in GTA III bring me a lot of emotions. ohhh, what I like this game biggrin.gif

That mission was actually hard for me on the PC. I hadn't played it in awhile, so I didn't know that I could go around back of the club and kill him. I was going to snipe him, but I remember that I tried that a long time ago, and the Mafia had followed me up there! And I was horrible at doing drive-bys, so I had to do something else. I ended up setting a trap at the entrance to his mansion, and when the car was stuck I hurled a few grenades.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

"Grand Theft Aero". It feels so classic and brings me back to back in 2001 when I first played it. After that would be the last one, "The Excange".

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

OK I've just thought long an hard about this question, for me it all comes down to difficulty.. Sure the Leone missions were good, but the one that takes it for me is Decoy by Donald Love.

Just the thought of staying alive really kept the adrenaline going. It was closely followed by Rays mission Marked Man, I always took the bridge way with the FBI watching over us.. But the mission was too short.. I think we needed to be chased to the airport aswell.. but that never happened.

omexr40
  • omexr40

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

hmm.. i think my fav mission is "the exchange" (last mission of Gta III)

DQ_4944
  • DQ_4944

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ May 10 2008, 13:49)
My favorite mission is S.A.M

I still havent beat the game yet and Im stuck here

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE ((Del) @ Jun 2 2008, 11:12)
OK I've just thought long an hard about this question, for me it all comes down to difficulty.. Sure the Leone missions were good, but the one that takes it for me is Decoy by Donald Love.

Just the thought of staying alive really kept the adrenaline going. It was closely followed by Rays mission Marked Man, I always took the bridge way with the FBI watching over us.. But the mission was too short.. I think we needed to be chased to the airport aswell.. but that never happened.

Decoy? I found that easy. Once you jump the security van out of the compound head for the airport and just keep driving round and round.

For Marked Man, if it gave you any more time then you could get out of the car and snipe the FBI at every stage. Then you could do it in any vehicle. But I usually do it in the tank tounge.gif

Steve

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:53 AM

lol Steve, I should of explained myself a lot better.. Now im not exactly a hardcore GTA expert, but I think I rank pretty high in skill.. When first attempting GTA, sure it was easy once you knew what to do.. but I must have gone through GTA III at least 15 to 20 times.. Everytime I do, I like to challenge myself as such, I must admit when I first went for decoy I went to the airport.. but every other time ive purposely gone through the streets.. just to see if I can survive.

With Marked Man, it was purely down to chance.. No skill really involved, I also refused to go the tunnel way, I hate that tunnel as it goes.. I always take the bridge, where you have to rely on two things... The bridge being down when you're speeding over.. and hoping the FBI don't get enough shots on your vehicle.. tounge.gif

Since playing the game again 3 days again, I've realized my favourites are similar to the rest of this thread.. Espresso2Go. Just for the pure fact of returning to Portland an seeing my old playground..

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

The Exchange and Bomb Da Base Act II

GIGABOWSER7
  • GIGABOWSER7

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

The Exchange and Espresso 2 Go were both fun missions. It took me a while to figure out what to do in both, especially dealing with starting with a pistol in The Exchange and the time limit in Espresso 2 Go. I ended up driving around the whole place until I thought I uncovered all the locations, then destroying the first in Shoreside Vale, making my way over, and hoping getting the St. Mark's one didn't kill me.

speeddemonXXX
  • speeddemonXXX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

my fav mission was triads and tribulations. i just go around fighting in the war. and when the cops start getting predudice because im cool and they try to come after me, i do the cheat and continue on.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

Sorry for the bump but hey- it's not exactly that busy round here.

Anyway I like both Bomb Da Base II, Sayonara Salvatore and the one where you kill that guy on the boat for Ray.

gtaMASTER123
  • gtaMASTER123

snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

bomb da base II

cod fh rules
  • cod fh rules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

s.a.m is right up there. i like to increase my wanted level to six stars n fly the dodo around 4 a bit, ads more fun to the mission. completing missions in different ways can make them as fun as new missions.

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (speeddemonXXX @ Aug 16 2008, 04:24)
my fav mission was triads and tribulations. i just go around fighting in the war. and when the cops start getting predudice because im cool and they try to come after me, i do the cheat and continue on.

That is not fair.Using cheats isnt a good way to play the game.I like playing games without cheats.Cheats ruin the experience.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Wanted Assailant @ May 12 2008, 16:11)
All the Portland and Shoreside Vale missions.
Also all Donal Love, Ray Machowski missions,  and Kanbu-Bust Out.

Single, I'd say "The Getaway" mission by Joey Leone.

I had a small glitch during The Getaway... having needed to heal my Patriot, I entered my safe house and exited the vehicle... into the blue hell! Me and another mafia guy were then locked inside my room. Had to end the mission by killing him. Funny to see him laying on my bed, dead as a door knob. The other two guys were locked in the garage...

Favorite missions on Portland... Triads & Tribulations. Staunton... Grand Theft Aero? Shoreside...ahh I cannot remember all these missions. Everythings good.. tounge.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

The Getaway was meh. Just picking some guys up, driving them somewhere, then a fairly mediocre (for me) car chase.

Started playing III again recently, hardly remember anything about from my last playthrough (years ago.)

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:06 PM Edited by Urban Legend, 13 May 2009 - 03:07 PM.

Yes indeed, General Goose. Where are you in the game now?

Has anyone drove to the safe house (The Getway) to find that the garage door is open?
I found it like this... I did have one star, and may have met Joey whilst having the wanted level... nothing at all inside, though.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

Still in Salvatore's mission.

i've forgotten virtually everything about the game. I even suck like a newbie. tounge.gif

Of the missions so far, my favourites are Toni Cipriani's missions.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Triads & Tribulations, Bomb da Base, Sayonara Salvatore, Under Surveillance, Grand Theft Aero and The Exchange are all notable favorites of mine.

cod fh rules
  • cod fh rules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

bullet chris. how is cheatin unfair in a single player game?
especially if you played it to death and you just trying to squease every bit of remaining fun out.

the mission wen you pick up misty is ok. if you get to shoreside vale (using cheats)and fly her around in the dodo. even the most mediocre mission can be made a bit more fun.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:48 AM

I can't even remember most of the missions after Portland, so I'll say "Sayonara Salvatore".

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ May 20 2009, 11:48)
I can't even remember most of the missions after Portland, so I'll say "Sayonara Salvatore".

That's a good one.There are different ways of aproaching it.
You can snipe from the roof or go straight to him.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

all of toni cipriani and donald love missions.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

A bit off topic, but does anyone else think the mission Grand Theft Auto sucked? It was just so frustrating. Took me almost 10 tries due to the mint condition and the time limit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users