Photo

Miccael Hollick, voice of Nico Bellic, interview

21 replies to this topic
ebennett01
  • ebennett01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:45 AM

Hey I was listening to the radio today and heard a really great interview with the guy who does Nico Bellic's voice. The guy is actually a really cool guy and pretty funny too. Should check it out. it is the 5th one down.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:53 AM

Wasn't the same interview where he commented that Rockstar neglected his free copy of the game? Is he assuming they were to give him a free copy?!? Burt Reynolds never got a free Trans Am after filming Smokey and the Bandit, even though he was promised one. A complete fu*kin rub on the man! He claimed he bought one anyway!

I think it's awesome hearing about his work on the game, basically my favorite character.

His name is M I C H A E L , by the way, to clear that up. monocle.gif lol.gif

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

I got 2 free copies of Saints Row for my band being in it so I assume people should get a free game for being a VOICE in it lol

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:04 AM

And Niko's name is N I K O.

Thank you.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, but he likely just slipped up rather then knowing it right or wrong. I think if you're not used to typing or talking in English you do things like spell "Breakes" wrong. We had some amusement over that error in one of my earlier threads, and on top of all that, Rockstar used BREAKS in the game!! I couldn't believe it myself, but on the sign of an auto repair shop they mispelled "Brakes"! It's in Bohan IIRC, near to the safe/save house.

I can't recall the exact one but I'll check for it again.

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

I've searched YouTube and in Google, and i can't seem to find out anything about Michael Hollick. No interviews or anything sad.gif

Hooper4life12
  • Hooper4life12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:23 AM

wheres the link?

dabelik
  • dabelik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:32 AM

BTW, want to hear niko singing????
take a look at this guys myspace

Uglulyx
  • Uglulyx

Little Jacob's Biggest Fan

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (ebennett01 @ May 9 2008, 22:45)
Hey I was listening to the radio today and heard a really great interview with the guy who does Nico Bellic's voice. The guy is actually a really cool guy and pretty funny too. Should check it out. it is the 5th one down.

Fifth one down from what???????

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:28 AM Edited by Darlyn, 10 May 2008 - 04:41 AM.

Well, here are some pictures of Hollick: http://images.google...m=1&sa=N&tab=wi

and here's his MySpace (can't believe I actually spent more than a few seconds on that damned site):
http://profile.myspa...endID=156544306

I think he's a pretty cool-looking guy; that chiseled face and those horn-rimmed glasses really give him some appeal. It seems R* drew some inspiration from his face for Niko's model. Hollick's song, Out of the Blue, is also nice.

Oh, and OP, just what the f*ck are you referring to by "5th one down"? confused.gif

Shephard90
  • Shephard90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ May 10 2008, 02:53)
Wasn't the same interview where he commented that Rockstar neglected his free copy of the game? Is he assuming they were to give him a free copy?!? Burt Reynolds never got a free Trans Am after filming Smokey and the Bandit, even though he was promised one. A complete fu*kin rub on the man! He claimed he bought one anyway!

I think it's awesome hearing about his work on the game, basically my favorite character.

His name is M I C H A E L , by the way, to clear that up. monocle.gif lol.gif

no, he had it right.

you got the name wrong.

TheGreyGhost
  • TheGreyGhost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

He looks like a more fit version of Seth Rogen...

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

I searched Youtube for sh*ts and giggles but 5 videos down was "Sunshine, Solariums (Sunbeds), and Vitamin D. interview with Dr Michael Holick" (and yes, I did spell his last name right, "Hollick". And there were some interviews by video game websites but none that were 5 videos down. So, please, clear up wtf you're talking about by "5th one down".

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

I've seen video of Hollick interviewed at some convention by a female presenter some time back. It was very good. He did his Niko bit at the end at her request. He was also in Law & Order a while back too.

Here you go:

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

He's awesome, wish I R* filmed the behind the scenes on making GTA 4 so you could see the actors and all that. Games should start having special features like doco's for DVDs.

major underscore
  • major underscore

The GTAF Moralist

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Nov 29 2009, 22:46)
He's awesome, wish I R* filmed the behind the scenes on making GTA 4 so you could see the actors and all that. Games should start having special features like doco's for DVDs.

That would be great promo stuff for their games. I mean, many other companies do that stuff before releasing a game, trying to increase the hype before the actual release. Or they could make a proper documentary and sell it after the game has been released. I bet it would sell well to the fans.

TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:05 AM

It's weird hearing Niko's voice while seeing the actor's face.

NikoTheSoldier
  • NikoTheSoldier

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (ebennett01 @ May 10 2008, 02:45)

Hey OP, wtf are you talking about? Link something please.

Rag
  • Rag

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

I watched that video of him interviewed by that female and now whenever I play IV that guys face comes in mind while listening to Niko. Niko is not the same anymore for me sad.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:44 PM Edited by Slamman, 02 December 2009 - 11:51 PM.

QUOTE (TopHat01 @ Nov 30 2009, 07:05)

I saw it awhile ago, where he slips into Niko's accent, effortlessly, it's SO CLASS! Imagine if you knew the guy and you'd just be DO Niko, Dude! You Gotta! You'd want him to say silly expressions and comments all the time. The more I spent with the game, the more I think Niko is at least on-par with Tommy Vercetti.

MICHAEL is always spelled with an "A" first, far as I know. I didn't go to his MySpace yet, but is he on Facebook too, perhaps??

This thread is OLD! haha

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (TopHat01 @ Nov 30 2009, 07:05)

Not that wierd, the mouth area is more of the same on Michael as on Niko.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

It's just most impressive in that Niko Accent he adopted, that's what's most amazing, his real Acting chops are more about the voice inflections. Niko's animated mannerisms are still very much alive. I went back to Saints Row 2, and while it has improvement, it cannot touch what Rockstar North keep doing, it reinforces my love of GTA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users