Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

Some things are right,
but things like multiplayer? f*ck no! multiplayer is loads of fun notify.gif

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Haha, I like the one about the story, read books or watch movies, haha, what is that guy talking about, this is a video game not either of those two. Obviously story-line in movies and books is much better, but this story for a video game is very good in my opinion.

I guess it isn't all bad though, at the bottom of that page it has 30 things that suck about COD4, guess he just doesn't like any game? sarcasm.gif

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

i dont understand why people and reviewers said that multiplayer is brilliant confused.gif i think its sh*t!! its boring sleepy.gif sleepy.gif

SPACEMONKEYS!
  • SPACEMONKEYS!

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

please everybody shut the f*ck up. I've seriously had it with you people bitching and bitching. GTA4 is a great game. If you don't agree then buy whatever f*cking game you think is better then GTA4. But pleaaaaase stop wining about it on.

pywell1
  • pywell1

Pywell

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

I Think Your Right On All Of These. apart from multiplayer which i thinks pretty cool to mess around on because im not a competitive gamer. People may argue that "Its GTA Not Sims" So why the hell put relationships and mini games in? exactly. My biggest grief like yours is the lack of point to money. i want to spend my money on houses or a buisness! yeah again i know its not sims but atleast i want a light at the end of completing all the missions not just a new RPG.

Again i agree but this is without a doubt my favourite game and i know it sounds like im contradicting myself but lack of real estate isnt the end of the world and the game is still great smile.gif

R_A_LEE202
  • R_A_LEE202

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

I must admit that most of those things are right, in-fact all but the multiplayer cos i haven't really tryed it yet.

Scobie Willie
  • Scobie Willie

proud Twin Cam owner (Corolla-Levin AE86)

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (SPACEMONKEYS! @ May 9 2008, 18:34)
please everybody shut the f*ck up. I've seriously had it with you people bitching and bitching. GTA4 is a great game. If you don't agree then buy whatever f*cking game you think is better then GTA4. But pleaaaaase stop wining about it on.

baby not get his bottle today? chill, the game is nothing special and nowhere near a 'great' game

SPACEMONKEYS!
  • SPACEMONKEYS!

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Scobie Willie @ May 9 2008, 18:46)

baby not get his bottle today? chill, the game is nothing special and nowhere near a 'great' game

what are doing on this forum then?

bang508
  • bang508

Mark Chump

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ May 9 2008, 18:33)
i dont understand why people and reviewers said that multiplayer is brilliant confused.gif i think its sh*t!! its boring sleepy.gif sleepy.gif

i was thinking the same sh*t, lol

Scobie Willie
  • Scobie Willie

proud Twin Cam owner (Corolla-Levin AE86)

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (SPACEMONKEYS! @ May 9 2008, 18:47)

nice comeback......

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (pywell1 @ May 9 2008, 14:42)
I Think Your Right On All Of These. apart from multiplayer which i thinks pretty cool to mess around on because im not a competitive gamer. People may argue that "Its GTA Not Sims" So why the hell put relationships and mini games in? exactly. My biggest grief like yours is the lack of point to money. i want to spend my money on houses or a buisness! yeah again i know its not sims but atleast i want a light at the end of completing all the missions not just a new RPG.

Again i agree but this is without a doubt my favourite game and i know it sounds like im contradicting myself but lack of real estate isnt the end of the world and the game is still great smile.gif

Because the relationships relate to story-line and game missions, have you not figured that out yet? They also enable you to unlock special abilities from them.

To the above poster, if you don't think it is special or a "great" game, what would you call it?

dragonballz9
  • dragonballz9

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Wilddtd @ May 9 2008, 18:32)
Haha, I like the one about the story, read books or watch movies, haha, what is that guy talking about, this is a video game not either of those two. Obviously story-line in movies and books is much better, but this story for a video game is very good in my opinion.

I guess it isn't all bad though, at the bottom of that page it has 30 things that suck about COD4, guess he just doesn't like any game? sarcasm.gif

Did you see about the
12 Reasons Why Grand Theft Auto IV is better on Xbox 360 than PlayStation 3.

GloRy
  • GloRy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Its pretty much on point because the story is kinda short and at the end you wind up with like 1 million dollars. What are you gonna do with all that money? lOl

Also there right about Multiplayer theres no fully customizable characters faces/noses/mouths/pants/shirts/jackets/etc. Unfair that Woman have hair and men don't?

Oh yea one more thing the cover system is kinda trashy. If it were as accurate as Gears of War the game would be a lot more exciting. I just love GoW bouncing sticking on walls its fun smile.gif .

LukeWALTON9190
  • LukeWALTON9190

SomethingCup

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

okay, because you dont like other peoples opinion that are against yours, we'll stop

SPACEMONKEYS!
  • SPACEMONKEYS!

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Scobie Willie @ May 9 2008, 18:49)
QUOTE (SPACEMONKEYS! @ May 9 2008, 18:47)

nice comeback......

seriously if you think a game is nothing special why bother looking up extra info, sharing your thoughts about the game hanging around on a forum and what not.

I don't get why so many people hate the game on the internet while nobody i know thinks it sucks.

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (dragonballz9 @ May 9 2008, 14:52)
QUOTE (Wilddtd @ May 9 2008, 18:32)

I guess it isn't all bad though, at the bottom of that page it has 30 things that suck about COD4, guess he just doesn't like any game?  sarcasm.gif

Did you see about the
12 Reasons Why Grand Theft Auto IV is better on Xbox 360 than PlayStation 3.

No. I don't need to read about what someone else thinks, I'm more than capable of making that sort of decision for myself.

marvz
  • marvz

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

lol go play mini golf or something then. devil.gif icon13.gif

BaCkStAbBeR9
  • BaCkStAbBeR9

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Here is 10 things that suck about it.

1. People
2. Who
3. Thinks
4. GTA
5. Sucks
6. Needs
7. To
8. Get
9. A
10. Life

Lothrian
  • Lothrian

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

People who defend their baby like a ravage fanboy, refusing to admit the slightest flaw, need to have worn glasses around Pol Pot.

GTA4 = Great Game ... but no where near perfect ... and def unfinished (otherwise features wouldn't have been cut)

Aimee
  • Aimee

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

Concentrate on the good things, not the bad things tounge.gif

SPACEMONKEYS!
  • SPACEMONKEYS!

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Lothrian @ May 9 2008, 19:03)
People who defend their baby like a ravage fanboy, refusing to admit the slightest flaw, need to have worn glasses around Pol Pot.

GTA4 = Great Game ... but no where near perfect ... and def unfinished (otherwise features wouldn't have been cut)

Sure it lacks in some departments. GTA has always had minor things missing but the best part of the game, stealing cars and hitting people with those cars, has never been so cool. People shouldn't forget that we are talking about a video game here. Video games have never been perfect and will never be perfect. I wouldn't definitly not call this game unfinished the important things are included and a a lot of other stuff too.

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

Freedom of speech = user posted image

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (SPACEMONKEYS! @ May 9 2008, 15:09)
QUOTE (Lothrian @ May 9 2008, 19:03)

Sure it lacks in some departments. GTA has always had minor things missing but the best part of the game, stealing cars and hitting people with those cars, has never been so cool. People shouldn't forget that we are talking about a video game here. Video games have never been perfect and will never be perfect. I wouldn't definitly not call this game unfinished the important things are included and a a lot of other stuff too.

Good statement, cheers. We all have to realize it's still going to be years before any game, or console for that matter, is perfect.

pywell1
  • pywell1

Pywell

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Wilddtd @ May 9 2008, 18:50)
QUOTE (pywell1 @ May 9 2008, 14:42)

Because the relationships relate to story-line and game missions, have you not figured that out yet? They also enable you to unlock special abilities from them.

To the above poster, if you don't think it is special or a "great" game, what would you call it?

Erm i didnt say the relationships wernt important so i have no idea what your accusing me of.

i did say it was a great game so again.. what the hell you on with?

Whisker Biscuit
  • Whisker Biscuit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:20 PM Edited by Whisker Biscuit, 09 May 2008 - 07:22 PM.

All the points made seem like reasonable objections - it just depends what you're looking for.

Personally, if I ever play a GTA that feels like The Sims, I'll probably hang myself with a noose also rigged to pull the trigger of a shotgun as I swing, just to make sure I'm dead and gone, because one of the coolest interactive crime capers of all time will have become a virtual dolls house for people who probably collect stamps.

I also disagree with the assertion that the excluded side missions would have added anything. It's all about context. Why the f*ck would an immigrant ex-soldier be selling ice cream? Here we go children, you too can recover from the personal horrors of your unfortunate history, with Mr. Whippy! Puh-lease. Contextually it makes no sense, and would do nothing but undermine the integrity of a character the developers have tried very hard to create.

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (pywell1 @ May 9 2008, 15:19)
[QUOTE=Wilddtd,May 9 2008, 18:50] [QUOTE=pywell1,May 9 2008, 14:42] People may argue that "Its GTA Not Sims" So why the hell put relationships and mini games in? exactly. [/QUOTE]
Erm i didnt say the relationships wernt important so i have no idea what your accusing me of.

i did say it was a great game so again.. what the hell you on with?

Here, I'll highlight what you said. You said, why the hell put in relationships...because it follows story-line and they unlock abilities.

Arksa
  • Arksa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

I still don't know what do with money in this game and that is the only thing that sucks.

I guess I go buy more grenades confused.gif .

pywell1
  • pywell1

Pywell

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Wilddtd @ May 9 2008, 19:22)
[QUOTE=pywell1,May 9 2008, 15:19] [QUOTE=Wilddtd,May 9 2008, 18:50] [QUOTE=pywell1,May 9 2008, 14:42] People may argue that "Its GTA Not Sims" So why the hell put relationships and mini games in? exactly. [/QUOTE]

i did say it was a great game so again.. what the hell you on with? [/QUOTE]
Here, I'll highlight what you said. You said, why the hell put in relationships...because it follows story-line and they unlock abilities.

And By that i was adressing people who say the game would be too much like sims with all the real estate and stuff. just making a point for future reference when some person comes accusing me of wanting GTA: Sims or whatever, when i dont. i know the relationships are important just think they could be improved. chill

V1ce C1ty
  • V1ce C1ty

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ May 9 2008, 18:33)

Yeah multiplayer can be sh*t, the aiming system isn't great online. Few other flaws, it's only always fun if your on free roam with your friends. The story was to easy and short. Finally the only Island I think was perfected was the middle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users