» «

Race wheel

3 replies to this topic
  • KageOni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

I was driving around in first person today and thought, "man, it sure would be great if I could use a wheel while putting about the city." I have seen a lot of people say they wouldn't want to switch from controller to controller, but I don't think it would be all that bad. You could even mix the two controllers together.

For instance, you have the wheel on your lap and that moves your left hand from your controller to the wheel. With the pedals at your feet the triggers are now freed up as well. While driving you could steer and accelerate with the wheel using your left hand and you could keep your right hand on the controller to aim and shoot with the right stick and trigger. And once you pop out of your car you take your hand off the wheel and put it back where it belongs.

Easy as pie. All it would take is mapping the gas and break to the pedals, the steering to the wheel and the drive-by button to the right trigger (where its already at if you are shooting from the back seat of a cab).

Common, it would take an afternoon of coding and a 50kb patch.

Thoughts, comments, has GTA left me to too sleep deprived to make sense? You tell me.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Wheels are gay. "wow it feels like im driving a real car" get a real car you gay ass.

• LCM

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

Wheels with clutch, gears and brake are great, but only for the likes of Gran Turismo.

• smeace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (GTASIX @ May 9 2008, 12:20)
Wheels are gay.  "wow it feels like im driving a real car" get a real car you gay ass.

Worst comment ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users